2016 College Football Week 4

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Notre Dame's AAQB fails in the final moments of the game. He had open receivers and couldn't get it done.

I'm glad Notre Dame and their AAQB lost.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Duke wins!! Great win for us; Duke seemed to use a lot of white players. Is it any coincidence that the blackest ND team ever is bad?

Also, it was funny watching Kelly "mentoring" Kizer on the sidelines after the game, a far cry from his maniacal yelling and screaming at Tommy Rees and the other white ND QBs early in his tenure.

Heretic

Master
Brian "Kelly" spoils his namesake and that of the program he's coaching with what he puts on display. Great to see that "Irish"-American cuck lose again. Of course, the media pans to the Notre Dame DC, implying he's to blame, not the precious "Black Irish" defense.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Kizer blows it - overthrows and piss poor accuracy.

Haha Brugler still on his bandwagon or is he jumping back to the other Deshaun or Lamar?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just turned the UNC game back on and Trubitsky just threw the game tying TD!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
BYU loses another close one!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Huge games for Switzer 16 rec 208 yds, 1 td and Austin Proehl 7 rec 99 yds 1 td as Mitch Trubisky lead a great come back for the UNC victory over Pitt.

I watched a little of the Minnesota game today mostly to see Leidner. He had some good ball placement on a few throws for sure. After seeing Wentz play I can see why all of the draft "experts" labeled Leidner as 1st rounder. Both are big, athletic QBs who are dual threat QBs in their offense. Physically they look very similar. Minnesota's schedule has not been very difficult and their 1st three games have been at home, if he continues to show improvement during conference play he will make a believer of me as probably a 2nd day pick.

It's too bad CMU couldn't stay undefeated but UVA does remain one of the schools to root for in the coal ACC. Maybe this game will be a turning point and they can enter ACC play with Benkert playing with a hot hand.

Last edited:

Heretic

Master
Thorson with about a 40-YD TD run against Nebraska to put the Wildcats up 7-3.

icsept

Master
I'm not sure about this Stanford QB. He's hoing to have to get a lot better for this team to contend for a title.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
You would think maybe the coaches at some of the Power 5 schools would notice the kind of players that these smaller schools that are always beating them and are scared to play are using. If only for pure self interest and a more successful football program.
It's not worth the risk. First, if a Power 5 school goes after all of these overachievers there will be hell to pay with the boosters and alumni for having a rotten gawdawful recruiting class, based on the metric for judging these things. Right there the coaching staff is already on shaky ground. Not only that, there would be pressure from university administration to help with their "diversity quotas", the only way most blacks will qualify to go to the school is via an athletic exception. Then say a white running back is recruited to scholarship and he doesn't pan out, that's a HUGE black eye. They could recruit 6 black RBs that plain suck, but nobody would notice. Just a few ways that the Caste System works in college football recuiting.

dwid

Hall of Famer
It's not worth the risk. First, if a Power 5 school goes after all of these overachievers there will be hell to pay with the boosters and alumni for having a rotten gawdawful recruiting class, based on the metric for judging these things. Right there the coaching staff is already on shaky ground. Not only that, there would be pressure from university administration to help with their "diversity quotas", the only way most blacks will qualify to go to the school is via an athletic exception. Then say a white running back is recruited to scholarship and he doesn't pan out, that's a HUGE black eye. They could recruit 6 black RBs that plain suck, but nobody would notice. Just a few ways that the Caste System works in college football recuiting.
yea if it were me though I would say screw it after a few years and go all out. The coaches at the big schools get a few million a year. I would be okay with risking it after 2 or 3 years of that salary. Looking up the salaries, the CMU coach is the lowest paid in the fbs at 350k a year.

icsept

Master
The announcers act like mcaffreys been totally **** down. He has 16 rush for 84 yards...6 yards per carry

white lightning

Hall of Famer
McCaffrey is having another good game despite not getting much help from his qb or oline. Get it done guys. Gotta keep the national championship hopes alive.

Ryan Switzer was like superman today. Incredible game.

TwentyTwo

Master
Trent Taylor....17 receptions for 210 yards & 2 TD's....he and Switzer went off!

Anthony Warrum ...10 rec...151 yards ...2 TD's

Cooper Kupp back after shoulder injury...11 rec for 111 yards

A lot of QB's rushing for over 100 yards today

Last edited: