2013 New England Patriots

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
With Brady’s restructured contract, word has it that Wes Welker and the Patriots are closing in on multi-year deal that would likely keep the “Patriot Missile” attired in the silver, red, white and blue for the remainder of his career. Although Welker might make a few hundred thousand dollars more elsewhere, his usage, his stellar productivity, and the overall quality of his offensive teammates would likely change for the worse should he leave New England. Of course, since he’s the most valuable overall football player on New England’s squad, the Patriots are likely to struggle mightily without him, too…

Welker and the Pats are “closing in on a multiyear contract,” that will allow the receiver to finish his career in New England, according to CSNNE.com.
“An NFL source says that the two sides are hoping to have something finalized before the onset of free agency on March 12,” writes Comcast’s Mike Giardi.
According to Giardi’s source, “the two sides have come to the understanding that they are far better with one another than without.”

With Welker’s re-signing supposedly imminent, New England has yet to re-sign the following white free agents: Sebastian Vollmer, Danny Woodhead, Julian Edelman, Trevor Scott, and Niko Koutouvides.

I’ve read that the Patriots are highly likely to re-sign Sebastian Vollmer (one of the league’s top right tackles), but I haven’t heard anything concerning Danny Woodhead or Julian Edelman. It’s more likely that Woodhead will be retained than the talented, yet oh-so injury-prone Edelman, but both could easily return in 2013. Even if Edelman fails to re-sign, the 2nd year Northwestern product, Jeremy Ebert, could possibly make the squad in his abscence.

Even without the five white (unrestricted) free agents currently not under contract, the Patriots currently have 25 whites under contract of the 52 players on their roster (or 48%). If only three of those white players are retained, they could reach the elusive “white majority roster” this offseason.

Naturally, I’d love nothing more than to see New England keep all of these players, draft some white defensive talent, utilize TE Jake Ballard in the role played by Michael Hoomanawanui, use LB Dane Fletcher (returning from injury) in dime/nickel packages, and content for an elusive 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Superbowl Title in the Brady/Belichick era...

michael-irvin-says-super-bowl-trophy-should-include-bill-belichick-s-name.jpg

Last edited:

TBProdigy

Guru
The articles I have came across all mention Welker wanting to test free-agency first, I really hope you are right on this one

dwid

Hall of Famer
Players say that to try and get better contracts. Its obvious Brady doesn't want him gone, I believe its the major reason why he restructured his deal. He is open every single play and gets roughly half of his yards after the catch. Its a quarterback's dream. They saw the other big threats go down last year and Welker kept the offense rolling.

the main thing that will keep him in New England is that every team is having trouble with cap space and they aren't likely to value Welker at what he is worth.

http://nesn.com/2013/03/report-wes-...ms-wont-have-cap-space-for-contract-he-wants/

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
With free agency looming (tomorrow), World Champion Caste Wretch, Peter King, attests that Welker is now believed to be re-signing with New England…

From NFL.com...

Even if Wes Welker still harbors mixed feelings about his early season benching last September, it seems premature to write his ticket out of New England.

At several positions, NFL teams have been telling agents that they will settle for a lesser player if their client doesn't take what is being offered. With Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman also available as slot receivers, Welker might find a depressed market for his services.

According to SI.com's Peter King, it's "widely believed" that Welker is "staying in New England." Unable to swing Dwayne Bowe money, it's a good bet that Welker will realize that returning to the Patriots is his best option.

A player who holds 14 NFL records, several team records with two different franchises, and has been the most productive, consistent, successful wide receiver in the NFL from 2007-2013 can’t “swing” the same salary as Dwayne Bowe? The same Bowe who frequently enters training camp overweight, has exhibited some prima-donna behavior, has missed 8 games in 6 seasons (while Welker has missed 2 games due to injury in his 9-year career), and who Welker largely out-produced in catches and yardage during each of those seasons?

Of course, one must also keep in mind that Bowe was a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round draft pick (23[SUP]rd[/SUP] overall) and Welker wasn’t even drafted. In a fair league in which players are judged by their on-field production, it would be Bowe who couldn’t “swing” the same salary as Welker.

We all want him to be compensated as he so rightly deserves...but racially, we should hope that he re-signs in New England, a team where he’s the main cog in one of the NFL’s all-time greatest offenses. A squad that routinely fields 8, 9, even 10 whites on offense at times. A franchise that will compete for a Superbowl for years to come. Naturally, if RT Sebastian Vollmer fails to re-sign (his replacement being the Negro, Marcus Cannon), and if Edelman and Woodhead leave via free agency in the coming weeks, New England’s squad could “racially regress” from their peak-o-whiteness in 2011 and early 2012. However, Brandon Lloyd (who I do feel has talent) is supposedly a good candidate to get cut and white receiver, Jeremy Ebert, remains on the squad.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I have a gut feeling that Welker will regret it if he signs with another team. But we don't know what kind of advice guys like Wes are getting from their agents. Is Wes or his agent aware of the Caste System at all? Peyton Hillis's black agent gave him the worst advice possible, resulting in Hillis sitting out a game with a sore throat, a perceived prima donna move that snowballed from there in creating bad feelings and to this point wrecking his career.

If I was Wes, I'd accept less money to stay in New England and keep a great thing going. He should be set for life financially either way when he's done playing if he isn't squandering what he's being paid.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Articles on Walterfootball and NFL.com both state that Welker is simply a product of the system. When Moss left New England they all said Wes couldn't produce without the magic black man attracting all the double coverages. Funny thing is his production actually increased without the prima donna Moss. His best option is to definitely stay with the Patriots because he still has at least a few seasons at his peak and another Superbowl win is not out of the question. Who knows how another team will use him?

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The story on Welker seems to change every day, this time for the worse...

From CBS Sports...

Even though the sides didn't make a ton of progress leading up to free agency, Wes Welker coming back to the Patriots was a fait accompli. Or it was supposed to be anyway -- now it appears as if the sides are much further apart than we could've imagined.

According to Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald, the two sides are actually "not in a happy place," are "miles apart" and have "moved on."
These are scary terms for Patriots fans, most of whom believed, from the moment superstar quarterback Tom Brady took a (relative to the salary cap) pay cut, that Welker and the Patriots would work something out.

But Guregian reports the Pats "haven't provided what can be construed as a serious offer" to Welker. In other words, they're not even talking to him.

The Patriots aren't known for their soft and cuddly negotiating tactics, of course. Maybe they're willing to let Welker find whatever he can in the market and assume he comes crawling back to New England because it's the most comfortable place.

Maybe he will. But there are three other AFC teams that made the playoffs in 2012 out there -- the Texans, Broncos and Colts -- that would, I'd think, all improve their roster by adding Welker at a cost that wasn't too substantial.

We'll see how it unfolds and it's possible all this ends amicably. But it's also possible -- and looking more likely now -- that the two sides have managed to push a wedge between them that's created too much of a gap to bridge.

The Patriots will dole out undeserving contract extensions to slightly-above-average players like LB Jerod Mayo (the “leader” of an always-terrible defensive unit) for 5 years, $48.5 million, with $25 million guaranteed...but won’t pay their most valuable offensive asset?

Last edited:

woody39

Mentor
What do you guys think to the Patriots off season moves? Looks like they could be getting blacker in the caste positions, really disappointed about Woodhead leaving partly because i feel he could see a drop in playing time by moving and also because i have a Patriots shirt with him on it!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What do you guys think to the Patriots off season moves? Looks like they could be getting blacker in the caste positions, really disappointed about Woodhead leaving partly because i feel he could see a drop in playing time by moving and also because i have a Patriots shirt with him on it!

It's an ominous start for sure with Woodhead and Welker leaving, but there's still the rest of the free agent signing period, the Draft, and then training camp so it's too early to draw any definitive conclusions. Belichick may be the one head coach in the league who can call his shots any way he wants, so it would be a big setback if the Patriots reverse course demographically.

referendum

Mentor
They have signed Svitek, an offensive tackle, and resigned Koutivedes, backup linebacker, and signed Amendola, and cut Lloyd, and they did of course offer Welker, though of course a pretty sad contract offer. The Woodhead situation is most disappointing however.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
They have signed Svitek, an offensive tackle, and resigned Koutivedes, backup linebacker, and signed Amendola, and cut Lloyd, and they did of course offer Welker, though of course a pretty sad contract offer. The Woodhead situation is most disappointing however.

Below are some very interesting comments (concerning Wes Welker’s departure) from Patriots owner, Robert Kraft, one of the precious few NFL owners (and rich Jews) that I respect and don’t consider to be openly hostile towards whites…

From a Boston Globe article...

Robert Kraft said:
“In Wes’ case, we were willing to go what we considered above his market value. For a couple years, we tried to get a long-term deal done with him. We couldn’t do a deal and we wound up franchising him at a very high number [$9.515 million]. In retrospect, I wish we could have wrapped that into an arrangement where it was part of a longer-term deal. But I really believe in this case, his agents misrepresented, in their mind, what his market value was. When you come right down to the bottom line, he accepted a deal in Denver which is less money than what we offered him. In fact, he has a one-year deal in Denver for $6 million. Our last offer, before we would have even gone up and before we thought we were going into free agency, was a $10 million offer with incentives that would have earned him another $6 million if he performed the way he had the previous two years. But in Denver, he’s going to count $4 million against the cap this coming year and $8 million the second year. There is no guarantee that he plays the second year there. He will get $6 million the first year. Our deal, he would have gotten $8 million the first year – our last offer to him. When free agency came, and his agents kept on insisting on a very high number that was beyond our number, we had to go work alternatives. Our second alternative was Danny Amendola. He had offers from other teams. So we made a judgment that Wes, unfortunately probably wouldn’t be with us. We made this commitment to Amendola. Wednesday, I personally got a call from Wes and he told me about this offer from Denver. He called Bill as well. We met and we chatted. We have a lot of people, we’ve committed a lot of money to this inside position – you have Gronk, you have Hernandez, you have Danny [Amendola] now – it was just unfortunately a little bit too late. If he had called one day earlier, he would have been with us. And so that, is the Wes Welker story. I’m very sad about it and I wish he would have been with our team.â€

dm_130314_nfl_wes_welker_presser.jpg

Although I’m highly disappointed in New England’s transactions this off-season, their offensive roster still contains superstar TE Rob Gronkowski, an all-white starting offensive line (pending Vollmer’s contract), and two white receivers in Danny Amendola and Jeremy Ebert. Julian Edelman could eventually be re-signed, also. With Brandon Lloyd being cut, I’m wondering if Ebert could make the 53-man roster and play the slot receiver role, with Amendola (or Edelman?) taking over for Lloyd. Assuming New England fails to sign, trade for, or draft another receiver, it’s likely that Ebert could make the squad in 2013, as he’s essentially competing with “nobodies†(Kamar Aiken, Andre Holmes, and special teamer Matthew Slater) after Amendola and the newly-acquired Donald Jones. It must be disconcerting to know that none of the current receivers on the Pats roster caught a pass for the Patriots in 2012.

Another positive occurrence could be the emergence of FB James Develin or TE Jake Ballard taking over the “H-back†role played by the obese Polynesian, Michael Hoomanawanui, who is a free agent. I know that doesn’t make up for Woodhead’s unfortunate absence (hopefully he'll flourish in SD), but it’s the best we can hope for.

Defensively, New England has come a long way from the days of DT Mike Wright being the lone white man on the roster…as they now feature white players at all three defensive levels. Although talented DE, Trevor Scott, hasn’t been re-signed, Rob Ninkovich and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year DE, Jake Bequette, remain on the roster. At linebacker, the once-promising Dane Fletcher returns from a knee injury (and could start if Mayo, Hightower, or Spikes are injured), special teamer Niko Koutouvides was re-signed, Mike Rivera (who appears fully white, despite his surname) was retained, and former Iowa tackling-machine, Jeff Tarpinian, remains on the roster. At safety, Pat “Pencil Neck†Chung has moved on, leaving Steve Gregory to again start at FS and the lead-footed former Cardinal “star,†Adrian Wilson, to start at SS. White SS/WSTD, Nate Ebner, is likely to be Wilson’s backup.

There are currently 27 whites (28 if Vollmer re-signs) on the Patriots’ 62-man roster, or 45%. I believe this is a league high. New England has 5 draft picks next month, hopefully to be used on white defensive players (especially DT, DE, LB).

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Welker's agency says that Kraft's portrayal of the negotiations is not true.
Instead they say the Pats made one 'take it or leave it' non-negotaible offer, that was less than what the Broncos offered.
The Pats, according to them, were not willing to negotiate at all.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
To hell with the Patriots! I hope they lose every game.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Patriots resign Sebastian Vollmer and for once Walterfootball states the obvious and acknowledges that a sumo was grossly overpaid.

Patriots re-sign OT Sebastian Vollmer (4 years, $27 million): A+ Grade
This is unbelievable. Gosder Cherilus, who isn't even in the same stratosphere as Sebastian Vollmer, earned $34 million over five years from the Colts. By comparison, Vollmer is a huge steal.

It's actually a great deal regardless. Vollmer was the No. 1 right tackle on the market and a key part of Tom Brady's protection. The Patriots had to retain him, so getting him back for just $27 million over four seasons is a terrific move. What makes it even better is that the base salary is worth only $17 million.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Pats darkening this offseason has been pretty depressing. I am a little hesitant to write them off yet but Welker and Woodhead were both key cogs in the offense. They will miss Woodhead next season - he was severly underrated. One of their black RBs was responsible for two of their losses last season with his propensity to fumble (I think it was Riley).

Maybe they are targeting Swope but I doubt it. Burkhead would be a logical replacement for Woodhead as he does everything just as good as Danny did - pass catch, pass protection and running the ball.

They will be interesting to watch. It will be interesting to see if they decided to whiten up the defense since the defense is the culprit for them losing moreso than the offense has been.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
In another appalling move, New England continues its “2013 Offensive De-Whitening Program” by attempting to sign WR Emmanuel Sanders…

From NFL.com…
The New England Patriots hosted Pittsburgh Steelers restricted free-agent wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders for a visit early in the free agency process. Now they are ready to do something about it. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday morning the Patriots submitted an offer sheet for Emmanuel Sanders. It's a one-year contract. The Patriots would have to send a third-round pick to Pittsburgh in exchange for Sanders if the Steelers were unable to match the offer.

Thus far, the Patriots have signed three black flankers (Donald Jones, World Heavyweight Champion Scrub, Michael Jenkins, and now Sanders) and effectively shed Welker, Woodhead, and Edelman. Any hope of Edelman re-signing, or Jeremy Ebert making the 53-man roster, could evaporate if Sanders accepts their offer. The most unfortunate part of this (potential) signing is that Sanders, unlike Jones and Jenkins, actually showed glimses of talent in Pittsburgh. Of course, Amendola, Gronkowski and Jake Ballard will remain key contributors.

Although the Patriots are still a very palatable club overall, the balance of power in the AFC, along with the NFL’s “whitest” offense (and all the immediate success that comes with it), has certainly shifted to the Rocky Mountains. Manning, Welker, Decker, Dreessen, Tamme, Hester, and three white offensive linemen.

I assume the NFL schedule-makers will have a NE-Denver clash in the regular season, which should provide great entertainment as Welker humiliates Little Joshy McWigger and his wretched plans to darken the whitest, and most successful offense in 30 years of NFL football.

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
Thus far, the Patriots have signed three black flankers (Donald Jones, World Heavyweight Champion Scrub, Michael Jenkins, and now Sanders) and effectively shed Welker, Woodhead, and Edelman. Any hope of Edelman re-signing, or Jeremy Ebert making the 53-man roster, could evaporate if Sanders accepts their offer. The most unfortunate part of this (potential) signing is that Sanders, unlike Jones and Jenkins, actually showed glimses of talent in Pittsburgh. Of course, Amendola, Gronkowski and Jake Ballard will remain key contributors.

Thankfully, I was dead wrong with the statement bolded above and the Steelers decided to match the Patriots’ offer, retaining WR Emmanuel Sanders.

From NFL.com…
Emmanuel Sanders isn't going anywhere. The Pittsburgh Steelers have matched the one-year, $2.5 million offer sheet Sanders signed with the New England Patriots last week. The wide receiver's agent, Jordan Woy, announced the news Sunday on Twitter.

After the surprising re-signing of Julian Edelman, the Patriots now have three white receivers on the roster in Amendola, Edelman, and Ebert. Given the contracts they received, Donald Jones and Amendola are definite starters, with Edelman and longtime mega-scrub, Michael Jenkins, likely fighting it out for the role that Deion Branch played last season. Ebert will probably make the practice squad.

Ideally, Jones or Jenkins will become injured or simply not pan out in the Patriots’ complex offensive attack (ala other free agent busts such as Torry Holt, Joey Galloway, Chad Ochocinco, etc) and Edelman will become an entrenched starter. Edelman and Amendola are both incredibly injury prone (and Gronkowski’s recurring arm issue is worrisome as well), which is a concern.

In the best conditions, the only “net lossâ€￾ in offensive whiteness is Danny Woodhead at the running back position.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Steelers safety Ryan Clark told ESPN that Tom Brady "sees ghosts" when he's under pressure (must be all those White receivers and tight ends), and that Danny Amendola is "fragile." Clark has been appearing on the NFL Network a lot during the offseason. These thinly disguised racist remarks will seal the deal for Clark being hired as a full-time NFL Network employee when his playing days are over.

Brady's career stats against the virtually ghost-free Pittsburgh Crawfords defense -- in six regular-season games, he's posted a 103.7 passer rating, averaged 314.0 yards per game and thrown 14 touchdowns against three interceptions.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dola-is-fragile-brady-ducks-when-hes-blitzed/

Last edited:

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Brady's career stats against the virtually ghost-free Pittsburgh Crawfords defense -- in six regular-season games, he's posted a 103.7 passer rating, averaged 314.0 yards per game and thrown 14 touchdowns against three interceptions.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dola-is-fragile-brady-ducks-when-hes-blitzed/

Very nice stat line Don! That pretty much proves that jealous negro as wrong as wrong can be. Im pretty sure Tom put up some of those numbers under quite a bit of pressure too. Youd think Brady would have earned his respect by now. The black "mans" jealousy knows no bounds!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Edelman has somehow already re-injured his perpetually injured right foot, and now this. :crazy:

Patriots waived/injured WR T.J. Moe. Moe's injury was not disclosed. An undrafted rookie out of Missouri, Moe could "redshirt" the 2013 season and return to compete for a job in 2014.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Edelman has somehow already re-injured his perpetually injured right foot, and now this. :crazy:

Patriots waived/injured WR T.J. Moe. Moe's injury was not disclosed. An undrafted rookie out of Missouri, Moe could "redshirt" the 2013 season and return to compete for a job in 2014.
It really is difficult to follow the NFL. Seems like the bad news never ends.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
It really is difficult to follow the NFL. Seems like the bad news never ends.

Ya pretty friggin gay.. The Patriots have managed to get rid of 3 talented white wrs in a matter of a year. Their receiving corp will be a lot darker and consequently will have a lot more drops as a unit.