2011 NY Giants

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
White speedster Samuel Giguere is on the Giants practice squad. Will he see any actual playing time this season?Doubtful butlet's keep the faith. Edited by: whiteathlete33

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Rich Seubert was cut today.

orange_arrow.png

Northjersey.com : Sports

[h=1]Giants offensive lineman Rich Seubert cut
[/h]

Tuesday, July 26, 2011
BY JEFF ROBERTS
STAFF WRITER
The Record
Print | E-mail
EAST RUTHERFORD - A source has confirmed that offensive lineman Rich Seubert has been cut by the Giants. The team informed Seubert on Tuesday morning when he visited the Giants’ training facility.
TARIQ ZEHAWI / STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER
Rich Seubert arriving at the Giants training facility.He left about an hour later.

The source asked not to be identified because the move is not official. A team spokesman said he could not comment.
The reason for Seubert’s release has more to do with his health than his $2.25 million salary and the Giants’ reportedly being $6 million over the salary cap.
Seubert, 32, had reconstructive surgery on his right knee this off-season to repair his MCL and patella and was not expected to be ready for training camp, beginning Friday. His agent, Tony Agnone, told The Record on Monday that Seubert was not completely recovered.
“He’s still recovering,†Agnone said. “He’s running and stuff, [but] still not up to speed. I don’t think†he will be ready for the start of camp.
Seubert suffered the injured — which also included a dislocated kneecap — in the team’s 2010 finale against the Washington Redskins.
It’s not known if the Giants will try to re-sign him.
The Giants have other concerns on the line, with Shaun O’Hara recovering from two -off-season surgeries, one on his right foot and another on his left ankle, and with Adam Koets also returning from a knee injury.
Seubert was an important piece for the Giants in his 11-year career. He made the team in 2001 as an undrafted free agent from Western Illinois and worked his way to become a starter. In 2003, he overcame the shattering of his left leg, a career-threatening injury.
Seubert, who arrived just before 10 a.m. and left around 11, was one of about two dozen Giants who appeared at the team training facility the first day it was allowed following the lockout.

orange_arrow.png

Related stories: Thankful Giants brass open doors for the players

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Oh my... has a pattern developed?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1263300/prince-amukamara

Amukamara needs surgery: Giants DB Prince Amukamara, the team's first-round draft pick, will be sidelined indefinitely with a fractured bone in his left foot. A day after signing with the Giants, Amukamara was hurt in practice Saturday night and left the field. Roughly an hour after the workout ended, the Giants said he fractured the fifth metatarsal in his left foot. He will have surgery to have a screw inserted in the foot and be sidelined for an undetermined period.
(Updated 08/06/2011)

His fanboys will now be shedding tears for their "Prince."

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Pattern Continues...

Not only was Terrell Thomas injured (from a collision with Pierre-Paul), but corner Brian Witherspoon also injured his knee:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1619058/brian-witherspoon

Witherspoon out for 2011 season: Giants CB Brian Witherspoon is out for the season with a torn ACL. Witherspoon told CBSsports.com after Monday's game that he had injured his MCL, but further tests revealed ACL damage.
(Updated 08/23/2011)

Both will be out for the season.

devans

Mentor
I watched their pre-season game against the Bears, and there was nothing to watch. It was so dire I almost stated supporting the Bears when Sanzenbaker came on. (He will get cut of course)

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Giants have signed Dan DePalma, the local Jersey product, to their practice squad. The Giants have many question marks after Nicks and Manningham so maybe this kid can get an honest look and an eventual chance. He would immediately become a fan favorite.

http://www.examiner.com/west-cheste...adelphia/football-depalma-to-sign-with-giants

I other news, the Giants may bring back Chase Blackburn to replace the injured Jonathan Goff. I think they are waiting til after week 1 for contract and financial reasons. We'll see.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Freethinker that's actually some good news for DePalma. I know he was running routes with the Giants in the off season before he even signed with the Jets. It'd be nice for him to skip his racial apprenticeship and show he's there to play right away!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
DePalma is a guy I scouted in the pre-season returning punts for the NY Jets. He is from small school Westchester College. He looked more explosive than the Jets black 5th round draft pick return man/ slot WR prospect Jeremy Kerley.

DePalma looks like he could be another Julian Edelman or Marc Mariani ie. super elusive type as a returner and his measureables at his Pro Day reported by NFLdraftscout would attest to elite short area explosion. His track speed is a little slower than Mariani, but has about the same second gear as Edelman which means very solid top end speed. Now with the Giants, he would be competing with "overachiever" Victor Cruz who had an amazing pre-season last year and a former 1st round pick who was cut by the Redskins- Devin Thomas. Thomas had a very solid pre-season this year receiving and had ONE impressive game returning kicks where he had a 70+ yard return. IMO DePalma has much more raw talent than Cruz and if he makes the Giants at some point he would be used as a slot prospect with all the outside WRs the G-men have. Cruz is one of those guys, that although he doesn't stand out as a great athlete on film, he is tough as nails, has good hands and seems to adjust to the ball and can grab it in traffic.

I hope for the best for DePalma making the Giants squad next year. The Giants may be the last chance for this talented player, where if Cruz or Thomas were cut, I'm sure there'd be numerous teams willing to give them a look.

referendum

Mentor
Giants promote Justin Trattou to team from practice squad, to replace Goff. Trattou looks a little mixed to me, wonder what he's heritage is. Anyway, with him, Tollefson, Herzlich, and Sash, Giants have four whites on defense, three being rookies.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am pretty sure Trattou is white - i believe he has Italian heritage but I have read articles where he refers to himself as white.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

backrow

Hall of Famer
am i the only one that would rather see someone a bit younger get a chance? Brandon is a great player no doubt, but that is the twilight of his career, whereas someone like Jeff Maehl or any of the number of white receivers that are out there could actually be groomed for the future. still, better him than Cruz or some other scrub!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
am i the only one that would rather see someone a bit younger get a chance? Brandon is a great player no doubt, but that is the twilight of his career, whereas someone like Jeff Maehl or any of the number of white receivers that are out there could actually be groomed for the future. still, better him than Cruz or some other scrub!
I agree and would have liked to see Dan DePalma from the G-Men's practice squad get a look first. However, the Giants are built to win now and the fan-base here is already upset with GM Reese for letting Steve Smith and Kevin Boss leave. They desperately need a slot guy and Stokley is more of a sure bet than Maehl or DePalma. This is looking short term.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree and would have liked to see Dan DePalma from the G-Men's practice squad get a look first. However, the Giants are built to win now and the fan-base here is already upset with GM Reese for letting Steve Smith and Kevin Boss leave. They desperately need a slot guy and Stokley is more of a sure bet than Maehl or DePalma. This is looking short term.

I agree about it being a short term deal. No doubt, I'd rather have a young White WR out there, but I'll take Stokley over a black any day. I hope he tears it up and does the most that he can with his role, however limited it may be. He knows how to catch passes, and from a Manning no less (albeit a better one).

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Good news for Tollefson whose shown flashes of talent in limited playing time. This Jimmy Kennedy is easily one of the biggest black busts in the past decade.

Giants DT Jimmy Kennedy has reportedly been suspended four games for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

It's not yet known which substance Kennedy abused. He had been playing fewer than 15 snaps per week as situational run-stuffer. The suspension will kick in this week, though it's not a major loss for the G-Men. Rocky Bernard and Dave Tollefson will see increased snaps.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
An Iron Man to miss a game:

G Chris Snee has been ruled out of the team's Week 6 game, snapping a string of 101 consecutive regular-season starts for Snee dating to the 2004 season.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Only in the NFL can a talent like Jake Ballard (you know the guy from that tiny, non-football school, Ohio State) go undrafted. So far he has outperformed Kevin Boss, the guy he's replacing and Zach Miller, the guy Boss replaced.

Giants' Ballard filling void at tight end
By DAN TOMASINO
Last Updated: 8:58 AM, October 17, 2011
Posted: 2:17 AM, October 17, 2011
The inconsistency endured by the Giants this season cannot be attributed to the loss of fan-favorite tight end Kevin Boss to free agency.
His replacement, Jake Ballard, has proven to be more than capable, and yesterday the second-year player out of Ohio State was a big part of a resurgent passing attack that helped the 4-2 Giants knock off the Bills 27-24 in front of 79,243 fans at MetLife Stadium.
Ballard recorded career highs in receptions (five) and receiving yards (81), proving to be just as reliable a target for Eli Manning as Boss once was. He caught all five of the passes thrown to him.
“It means the world,” Ballard said. “Everybody said this year we need to get a tight end in here and wanted me out pretty much. ‘Oh, he’s a big, slow, blocking tight end. He’s not gonna catch any passes.’ I’m just trying to prove them wrong week to week and play with a chip on my shoulder.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/gian...at_tight_K6v8Ynk4hlk8LATAC8bNLM#ixzz1b5YqWkmN

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Interesting if it's true

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/520778/ahmad-bradshaw

Bradshaw out indefinitely with foot injury: Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw suffered a cracked bone in his foot during Week 8 against Miami and is out indefinitely, according to The Star-Ledger. Bradshaw, who did not practice Wednesday because of the injury, is reportedly considering having surgery to repair the foot. He has had issues with his feet before and had screws inserted into his feet to stabilize the bones during a previous surgery in March of last year. Bradshaw was plagued by the foot issue throughout the 2009 season, but only missed one game.
(Updated 11/03/2011)

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That report is already being contradicted so who knows what the real story is at this point. Bradshaw is one of the relatively rare black players in the league who sucks it up and plays injured.

A "person familiar" with Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) tells ESPN's Adam Schefter Bradshaw's injury is "not serious" and he "should play Sunday." Bradshaw himself has lent the report some credence, telling the New York Daily News it's "not out of the question" he plays against the Patriots. Coach Tom Coughlin is expected to update the situation after practice. Schefter rarely misses, so for now consider the situation fluid. If Bradshaw does play, it would almost certainly be in a limited capacity.