2011 Kansas City Chiefs

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The Chiefs signed NT Kelly Gregg!! :tea:

They should have a pretty white friendly Defense by todays standards.

Riddlewire

Master
The Chiefs have signed free agent WR Chris Manno out of Arena League 2. He played his college ball at Hofstra.
Here is an introductory video featuring highlights.
As he mentions at the end of the video, he was never offered a scholarship. He earned his scholly as a walk-on.
This guy deserves a huge round of applause for reaching the NFL by way of a nearly impossible path: White, Walk-on, Wide Receiver postion, Lower division college, Football wilderness (AF2). I hope he gets a legitimate opportunity to compete for a spot on the team.

Link to news item

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the news, Riddlewire! I wish Manno the best in KC.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The Chiefs have signed free agent WR Chris Manno out of Arena League 2. He played his college ball at Hofstra.
Here is an introductory video featuring highlights.
As he mentions at the end of the video, he was never offered a scholarship. He earned his scholly as a walk-on.
This guy deserves a huge round of applause for reaching the NFL by way of a nearly impossible path: White, Walk-on, Wide Receiver postion, Lower division college, Football wilderness (AF2). I hope he gets a legitimate opportunity to compete for a spot on the team.

Link to news item

Talk about a hard work and perseverance! Far too many of our athletes are forced to take this path. At least they are hungry for playing time once they finally do make it. Good find riddlewire.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I just noticed that the Chiefs signed maximum-hated-by-DWFs safety Sabby Piscatelli. It would be nice to see him get a fair shot with the Chefs.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Here is coach Todd Haley's take on Jerheme Urban during these early days of camp. I've also heard that he drops nothing and is always open. What a surprise. Must be that "sneaky speed" and "work ethic". Anyway, Coach Haley says that he is fast. As in fast, fast......

Q: Can you talk about Jerheme Urban a little bit? What you’ve seen so far and expect the rest of the way?
HALEY: “I know Jerheme very well. We’ve been together in Dallas, Arizona and now here. I’m excited he’s part of the team. You can’t outwork Jerheme. He’s going to be one of the top dogs, working, lifting, running. He clearly was working back in San Antonio, and it shows. He’s going to be another one of these guys like we talked about. Though he’s competing for a spot and fighting his butt off to be part of this team, he’s still that type of guy that will nurture, mentor younger guys that potentially could beat him out. That’s, I think, when you’re really starting to take strides as a team and have a chance to be great, is when those kind of things are going on. When guys (help each other), despite the fact they might lose the job to the guy their teaching. You’ve got a chance to be great when that’s occurring. So, Jerheme is one of those guys. He’s moving around excellent. He’s running. Looks like he’s in… As I’ve said to you guys all along. I think the tag is that he’s kind of a possession guy, but he’s fast. He’s fast, fast, and he plays pretty fast. He’ll be a welcome… I’m very excited to get him back again, because we’ve talked about that speed need at receiver, and that’s another guy that brings it.â€￾

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Here is coach Todd Haley's take on Jerheme Urban during these early days of camp. I've also heard that he drops nothing and is always open. What a surprise. Must be that "sneaky speed" and "work ethic". Anyway, Coach Haley says that he is fast. As in fast, fast......

Q: Can you talk about Jerheme Urban a little bit? What you’ve seen so far and expect the rest of the way?
HALEY: “I know Jerheme very well. We’ve been together in Dallas, Arizona and now here. I’m excited he’s part of the team. You can’t outwork Jerheme. He’s going to be one of the top dogs, working, lifting, running. He clearly was working back in San Antonio, and it shows. He’s going to be another one of these guys like we talked about. Though he’s competing for a spot and fighting his butt off to be part of this team, he’s still that type of guy that will nurture, mentor younger guys that potentially could beat him out. That’s, I think, when you’re really starting to take strides as a team and have a chance to be great, is when those kind of things are going on. When guys (help each other), despite the fact they might lose the job to the guy their teaching. You’ve got a chance to be great when that’s occurring. So, Jerheme is one of those guys. He’s moving around excellent. He’s running. Looks like he’s in… As I’ve said to you guys all along. I think the tag is that he’s kind of a possession guy, but he’s fast. He’s fast, fast, and he plays pretty fast. He’ll be a welcome… I’m very excited to get him back again, because we’ve talked about that speed need at receiver, and that’s another guy that brings it.â€
Jerheme Urban is one of the most tormented white receivers is the history of the Caste NFL, most notably during his four years of attempting to “crack†the 53-man roster of Mike “The Walrus†Holmgren’s Seattle-based African Plantation. I’ve never witnessed a player cut, released, waived, signed to the practice squad, signed to the active roster and then relegated back the practice squad as many times as Urban.

The Walrus had found in Urban a proper white condom, to be used for a short while and then discarded, and he knew it…
2003511505.jpg

Urban was a near Olympic-level track star at Trinity University (as well as playing football, of course), competing in all of the events (sprints, hurdles, jumps) that would typically breed a star NFL wide receiver…that is, if Urban weren’t a white man.

Urban’s only weakness is his hands, a true rarity for any white pass-catcher. Nevertheless, one of the best athletes in the NFL is now 30 years old and has yet to land a full-time starting position or long-term team interested in his services.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Only in a league servile to insane affirmative action policies would such a signing take place:

Chiefs signed WR Keary Colbert, formerly of the Sacramento Lions. Colbert began the year on the Lions' UFL roster after spending the 2010 season as the USC Trojans' assistant tight ends coach. Once a promising-looking prospect defeating single-team coverage opposite Steve Smith in Carolina, Colbert hasn't been able to separate from defensive backs since 2004.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Only in a league servile to insane affirmative action policies would such a signing take place:

Chiefs signed WR Keary Colbert, formerly of the Sacramento Lions. Colbert began the year on the Lions' UFL roster after spending the 2010 season as the USC Trojans' assistant tight ends coach. Once a promising-looking prospect defeating single-team coverage opposite Steve Smith in Carolina, Colbert hasn't been able to separate from defensive backs since 2004.

This is ridiculous. Yet guys like Kevin Curtis and Matt Jones sit at home. How'd this guy get into the NFL yet again, despite sucking, and even coaching for a year!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don, that has got to be one of the most insane signings I can remember. Hopefully he won't last long.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Cody Slate had 2 catches for 50 yards (game-high) and a TD.

Was watching the replay and it was nice to see him get that TD! Jerheme Urban also had a couple of nice grabs.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Romeo "wherefore art thou White players, Romeo?" Crennel was awful during his first go round as head coach. 24 wins. 40 loses. Let's hope the interim label stays on and a real head coach (Mangini?) is hired in the off-season.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I have also heard Mangini's name mentioned as potential replacement. I would be all for it, I know he would do his best to whiten a very dark Chiefs roster. I have said this before but I think if Mangini is a coach in the league next year he will pursue Hillis. He was Peyton's biggest supporter.