2010 Redskins

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's such a typical NFL move, signing a player who showed conclusively last year,leaving no doubt whatsoever, that he's finished. Meanwhile, Kevin Curtis remains available with no teams interested. C'mon washed up Joey, bring back those glory days!

Redskins signed WR Joey Galloway to a one-year contract. Galloway, 38, bounced between the Patriots and Steelers' rosters last year, managing seven catches for 67 yards as a reserve. He's lost most of his ability to separate and is unlikely to help the Redskins if he makes the team.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
You don't think McNabb is campaigning (management) to be reunited with Kevin Curtis?!

backrow

Hall of Famer
i don't understand how Galloway, 38 and a SPEED type of a receiver is still hanging on in the league... what does he bring to a team? experience? positive attitude? he was good for Bucs good few years back but there were signs of decline even back then. he stayed in shape (more than we can say of many players) longer than your average receiver, but who in their right mind thinks he has anything left??

itsme

Guru
they also signed WR Bobby Wade
smiley29.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The rare White safety who starts has to prove himself. . . again and again and again. . . no incumbency for Reed Doughty.

Both Kareem Moore and Reed Doughty saw first-unit snaps at free safety during this weekend's minicamp. Chris Horton, who is recovering from toe surgery, will be part of the battle as well. Doughty is the most effective of the group and held the starting job down the stretch last season. We'd expect him to win out.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mike Furrey was signed by the Redskins...good signing, he is the best wr on the roster already!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan said:
Mike Furrey was signed by the Redskins...good signing, he is the best wr on the roster already!

I don't know about that Leonardfan. The Blackskins have consistently been one of the darkest teams in the league for years. The last white receiver they had was Chris Doering I think. He started 3 games for them during the 2002 season but that was it.

forty-four

Guru
Mike Furrey to DC =
smiley32.gif

The Skins now have a white receiver and a white d-lineman! WOW! Before you know it they'll even have a white QB!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Not only is Furrey an excellent receiver, but he's also an accomplished punt and kick return man, and was the best safety on the Browns last year as well!!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Not only is Furrey an excellent receiver, but he's also an accomplished punt and kick return man, and was the best safety on the Browns last year as well!!

He shouldn't have had to play safety. He does best at receiver and hopefully that's where he stays. He's capable of catching 100 balls any year.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I agree. But is was neat to see him playing both ways in a few games. A true throwback! Not something I think I'd see too many affletes doing, heck, they have to platoon at running back just to be effective!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
I agree. But is was neat to see him playing both ways in a few games. A true throwback! Not something I think I'd see too many affletes doing, heck, they have to platoon at running back just to be effective!

Wasn't Furrey originally a safety in college and then switched to wide receiver. Or was he a wide receiver in college who was switched to safety in the early part of his NFL career? I'm a little mixed up with this one.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I disagree,itsme. I think he will make the roster. Whether or not he gets used much is a different story. He may just be a fourth receiver.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, 60 sacks in a 14 year career is mediocre at best, especially considering how few tackles he makes. He hasn't had a half decent season since '05. A White player with that kind of "productivity" would have been ridiculed out of the league long ago.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This is about as ridiculous as it gets. From Rotoworld:

Joey Galloway opened training camp as the Redskins' starting wide receiver opposite Santana Moss.
<div ="s_pNewsTextMain">
That doesn't say much for disappointing third-year receivers Devin
Thomas and Malcolm Kelly. We suspect that Thomas will end up
supplanting the 38-year-old veteran, but it's far from a sure thing.
Thomas reportedly got off on the wrong foot with the new coaching staff.

Yes you read that correctly. The 38 year old Galloway looks to be a starter in Washington. The NFL loves to recycle these almost 40 black receivers. Kevin Jurovich, Blair White, Tim Toone, and Jordan Shipley are just a few of the talented white receivers they could have drafted instead of signing a senior citizen.
</div>

jcolec02

Mentor
I saw on ESPN today that Albert Haynesworth, the same guy with the 100 million dollar contract, cant even pass the bare minimum workout to get into training camp...
smiley36.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
This is about as ridiculous as it gets.  From Rotoworld:Joey Galloway opened training camp as the Redskins' starting wide receiver opposite Santana Moss.&lt;div ="s_pNewsTextMain"&gt;
That doesn't say much for disappointing third-year receivers Devin
Thomas and Malcolm Kelly. We suspect that Thomas will end up
supplanting the 38-year-old veteran, but it's far from a sure thing.
Thomas reportedly got off on the wrong foot with the new coaching staff.
Yes you read that correctly.  The 38 year old Galloway looks to be a starter in Washington.  The NFL loves to recycle these almost 40 black receivers.  Kevin Jurovich, Blair White, Tim Toone, and Jordan Shipley are just a few of the talented white receivers they could have drafted instead of signing a senior citizen.</div>

One positive aspect of this report is the negativity concerning Kelly and Thomas. I remember when Kelly (Oklahoma) and Thomas (Michigan State) were both taken in the 2nd round of the 2008 draft. Mel Kiper had his trademark hard-on for both of these turds.

I heard reports that both players became quite lazy after receiving their requisite multi-million dollar contracts from Super-Jew, Dan Snyder. Hopefully both of the undeserving losers will be cut in the near future.