2009 Pre-Season

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
BR, "Little Animal" Laurinaitis is a machine...I think he has a big future ahead of him.

Fyi, it said the "Filthadelphia" DWFs & bruthas/sistuhz can ol' ConVick a standing ovation...

Vick tossed short completion on second play

By ROB MAADDI

The Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA â€" Michael Vick zipped a few passes, ran around a bit and even lined up at wide receiver.

Enlarge photo Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks Donovan McNabb, left, and Michael Vick warm up before the Eagles' preseason NFL football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Thursday, Aug. 27, 2009, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Michael Perez)

Enlarge photo Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick warms up before the Eagles' preseason NFL football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Thursday, Aug. 27, 2009, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum)

A judge in Virginia has approved a plan for Michael Vick to repay $20 million to his creditors and emerge from bankruptcy. (AP Photo/Steve Helber)

.In his first action in nearly 32 months, Vick has a new role: do-it-all quarterback. So far, the experiment has drawn mixed results.

Vick completed a key pass to set up a field goal on his fourth play in Philadelphia's game against Jacksonville on Thursday night. The three-time Pro Bowl quarterback finished 4 for 4 for 19 yards in the first half.

With Vick, the Eagles got 3 points. Without him, they also scored 3 but moved the ball more efficiently.

Playing his first game since his release from prison, Vick entered to a standing ovation from a half-empty stadium. He completed a 4-yard shovel pass on the Eagles' second play from scrimmage with Donovan McNabb lined up at wide receiver.

On Philadelphia's second possession, Vick was on the field for three plays, two at quarterback and one as a slot receiver.

Vick ran for 1 yard on his second play and was a decoy as a wideout on his third play. With McNabb standing on the sideline, Vick then completed a 13-yard pass to Hank Baskett to the Jaguars 11. David Akers kicked a 31-yard field goal a few plays later.

Vick was on the field for six plays. After a 2-yard shovel pass that he threw right-handed, Vick didn't play the final 12 minutes of the second quarter.

That's when the Eagles finally got going on offense. McNabb drove Philadelphia inside the Jaguars 5 twice, but settled for only a field goal.

Fans still hadn't reached their seats when Vick jogged onto the field for the first time at Lincoln Financial Field. If there were any boos, they were surprisingly drowned out by cheers from a fan base that wasn't entirely thrilled when Vick signed with the Eagles two weeks ago.

McNabb threw an incomplete pass on the first play and was split wide on the next play as Vick took the snap in shotgun formation. Vick tossed a short pass to LeSean McCoy who was quickly swarmed by Jacksonville's defense.

Vick hadn't played in an NFL game since Dec. 31, 2006, with the Atlanta Falcons. He was released from federal custody July 20 after serving 18 months of a 23-month sentence for his role in running a dogfighting ring. He signed a one-year, $1.6 million contract with the Eagles, who hold a $5.2 million option for a second season.

"Filthadelphia Weakles" Fans Cheer "ConVick"Edited by: DixieDestroyer

foreverfree

Mentor
Taco said:
Just saw Pete Ittersagenskljsalkjd

Unless somebody beat me to it...

You could've saved ten keystrokes, Taco.
smiley1.gif
His name is Pete Ittersagen, a rookie from Wheaton, the Christian college in the Illinois town of that name, in the heart of DuPage Co. west of Shytown.

http://jaguars.com/Team/Player.aspx?id=2885

John

backrow

Hall of Famer
Danny Amendola had a 40 yard punt return

Adam Seward has 3 tackles for Jags

Jason Babin so far with 4 tackles and a forced fumble

dwid

Hall of Famer
screw that black db. He pushed Hartline to the ground but the penalty was offset because of a holding call, go figure. It wasn't even normal interference, the guy straight up pushed him to the ground.

He caught a 17 yard pass that wasn't called back, and I missed it, I looked up hoping to see a replay, they show replays of the coach on the sideline showing "enthusiasm" in various situations this preseason.Edited by: dwid

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I saw Hartline had a nice 54 yard catch from Pennington. Pennington seems to be looking to Hartline a a fair amount from what I saw.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jags WR Todd Peterson had 2 catches for 21 yards and a converted QB playing safety, Michael Desormaux had 4 tackles.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Greg Camarillo had a 54 yard catch, i missed it though! has anyone seen it? i wonder if he really is still struggling after his injury, it sure doesn't seem so.

Fasano had a short TD catch. Dolphins white receivers are having a ball.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It was a sideline pass. Camarillo did a good job staying in bounds then shrugged off a defender and ran about 40 yards downfield before he was caught. He kept looking behind him to track the guys chasing him, unfortunately Troy Aikman said, "When a guy keeps looking behind him you know he's not very fast. He's waiting to be tackled." Joe Buck at least then mentioned that Camarillo was coming back from a torn ACL in Week 12 last season. Camarillo isn't fast but he's still an effective possession receiver. Hopefully the Dolphins are going to have two active white WRs this season and a good starting TE in Fasano. Edited by: Don Wassall

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I just watched about two minutes of the Philly-Jax game, long enough to hear the announcers ooh and aah after McNabb ran for 5 yards, and then right after that an ebonics speaking announcer proclaimed that Vick "had shown just enough to keep defensive coordinators all over the league up at night."

This game is a Caste lover's dream. Two starting black QBs, two nearly all black teams. When the NFL Network was lovingly showing Vick's every move earlier there were two blacks and one "white" (Rich Eisen) in the studio. The Eagles' announcers for the game consist of one white and two blacks. What was that movie John Travolta starred in in the '90s in which he experienced life as an oppressed minority in a black dominated society? That movie has pretty much become reality when it comes to the presentation of America's secular religion. It's amazing isn't it that a group consisting of but 13 percent of the population has such brilliance not only in athleticism but more and more in every other aspect related to the packaging of football.
smiley29.gif
Edited by: Don Wassall

Riddlewire

Master
Don Wassall said:
What was that movie John Travolta starred in in the '90s in which he experienced life as an oppressed minority in a black dominated society?
White Man's Burden.
I always found that movie infuriating. In a film in which the ENTIRE POINT was to create an exact mirror image, they still were unwilling to flip around a key racial issue. If you remember Belafonte's son, you know what I'm talking about.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I was impressed by Miami's head coach during the "game" against Tampa. After certain melanin mongers flubbed a play, the cameras caught the coach in their face yelling at them on the sideline. That type of coaching is rarely witnessed in NFL these days and it's refreshing to see. BTW, I hope Hartline continues to get an opportunity, he looked good and the affletes "covering" him had to pull, push, grab and knock him to the ground in order to stop him.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Eagles lone white OL Todd Herremans will have surgery on his foot, and is expected to miss 1-3 weeks of regular season play. The Eagles will be sporting an always fun all-sumo o-line in the meantime.
smiley11.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
PhillyBirds said:
Eagles lone white OL Todd Herremans will have surgery on his foot, and is expected to miss 1-3 weeks of regular season play. The Eagles will be sporting an always fun all-sumo o-line in the meantime.
smiley11.gif

It looks like Curtis and Celek will be the only starters for now. 2 white starters out of 22.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteathlete33 said:
PhillyBirds said:
smiley11.gif

It looks like Curtis and Celek will be the only starters for now. 2 white starters out of 22.

The media kept predicting that those rough and tough Philly fans, the ones who booed Santa Claus, were going to give Vick an especially nasty greeting. Instead they gave him a standing ovation. Hope they enjoy their coal black team this season. I'll be pulling for the Eagles to lose more than any other team.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
whiteathlete33 said:
PhillyBirds said:
smiley11.gif
<div> </div>
<div>The media kept predicting that those rough and tough Philly fans, the ones who booed Santa Claus, were going to give Vick an especially nasty greeting.  Instead they gave him a standing ovation.  Hope they enjoy their coal black team this season.  I'll be pulling for the Eagles to lose more than any other team.</div>

May they crash and burn, figuratively speaking of course.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Washington won't be much better. I predict maybe 3-4 non-black starters for the Blackskins.

God, I hope we get one team with the balls to start 11 whites (or at least non-blacks).

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Don Wassall said:
What was that movie John Travolta starred in in the '90s in which he experienced life as an oppressed minority in a black dominated society?
White Man's Burden.
I always found that movie infuriating. In a film in which the ENTIRE POINT was to create an exact mirror image, they still were unwilling to flip around a key racial issue. If you remember Belafonte's son, you know what I'm talking about.

The oafs actually made a realistic movie on race without knowing it. They portrayed a world in which whites were hated, despised and discriminated against by society because of thier skin color. So the hate-filled producers backed their way into the first realistic portayal of race in a movie since Birth of a Nation.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
Washington won't be much better. I predict maybe 3-4 non-black starters for the Blackskins.

God, I hope we get one team with the balls to start 11 whites (or at least non-blacks).

I looked at their current depth chart Liverlips. If nothing changes Chris Cooley and the center,Casey Rabach, will be the only whites starters. I don't think any teams were ever this bad. Not one white one defense unless Reed Doughty somehow starts.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Miami started 22 blacks for at least one game back in 2007, I believe it was. Still, the Eagles and Redskins are horribly black teams.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
By my estimates there may be 4 teams or so with only 2 white starters. I hope I am wrong and things change before the season starts.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
asthe first half draws to an end, Edelman hasn't made an appearance ...

the Pats have been givinganother rookie, safety Patrick Chung, the reps at punt returner, and he's really struggled. he muffed one punt, then he got blasted big time on two other return attempts. ouch!

also, the announcers were talking about New England rookie o-lineman, Sebastian Vollmer. they praised his talent, and then showed a picture on the screen of a black player ... which, doesn't make any sense at all because Vollmer, a native of Germany,is very much a White man. but perhaps that confusion is why the talking heads were being so complimentary to him.
smiley2.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
Where is Edelman? How can he not be returning punts, after that TD in the first game? Also, if this game is an indication of where he stands on the depth chart (especially considering Welker isn't even playing), then his chances of even making the team may be in doubt.

For those of you who think Belicheck is some kind of white-friendly coach, look at that defense. Look at those tight ends. Look at how he's apparently not going to utilize Edelman in any meaningful way. Remember, the media actually gingerly suggested Edelman might be good for the wildcat, and Belicheck quickly downplayed any chance of that happening. If you take away the offensive line, and Welker, the Patriots are a typical caste organization.

Watching the Patriots-Redskins game is very difficult. Phil Simms is nearly at the Joe Theismann level of caste whorism. He is pathetic. Even while tuning out most of his inane babbling, I've heard him praise Jason Campbell repeatedly, once claiming that no one has a stronger arm in the league. He also keeps drooling over hands of stone Joey Galloway and his "world class speed."

It's no surprise to me that the Redskins are apparently only going to start 2 white players this season. Not only that, but Doughty appears to be the only other white player who will receive any real playing time on offense or defense. That's astounding- only 3 white players really participating at all. But then again, this is the same anti-white organization that has only had a single white WR (Ricky Thompson back in the late 1970s) in a prominent role over the past 40 years. Back when most other teams had at least one white WR, the Redskins always started a black pair (and black reserves). "Nice guy", born- againer Jim Zorn has proven, like so many of my other favorite old players, to be completely satisfied with the caste system.