2007 NFL Week 6

Angelcynn

Guru
The best day for white players since I've been an NFL fan! Zach Thomas never ceases to amaze me. The guy is a monster! He's got to be one of the top 5 Linebackers in the NFL today and one of the best ever? He's only just come back from concussion as well
smiley3.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
What Kevin Walter did on Sunday was perhaps the most important and the CF player that I'm most proud of this week. This guy was literally on the verge of being replaced / cut / released / run out of the league. This is what happens to white WR's if they're not amazingly spectacular in their first 2-3 starts. The past two weeks since Johnson has been out, he was merely adequate (with some brilliant plays here and there).

THIS WEEK HE LED THE ENTIRE LEAGUE IN RECEIVING YARDS!

G

This season has convinced me more than ever than the caste system exists, and that there are several very good white players who could excel in the NFL who are not even allowed to play.

I would say it is interesting personally that the more convinced of this I become, the less I talk about it with friends and family. I just don't care anymore. I feel fine being quietly confident that what the NFL shows us is inferior football.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i told you guys that Kevin Walter was good.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kevin Curtis and Jason Witten are both on pace for well over 1,000 yards. Actually Wes Welker is projected for just over 1,000 as well, but based on the history of the Patriots and Brady throwing to everyone, he probably won't get it. Kevin Walter is on pace for over 900. If these guys all get enough throws, they will make a big difference this season. Don, do you think there is any chance this year's group will do better than those of 1999 did? I really think Witten will break 1,000 this year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Col. Reb, I was going to post about Witten but you beat me to it. He just missed 1,000 yards in '04, andit looks like he'llget it this year barring injury. The change to Romo has helpedWitten a lot as he had to block more when the immobile Drew Bledsoe was starting. It's been since 1986that a white TE's gone over 1,000 yards, just one year after the last 1,000 yard white running back.

As for '99, that's a good question. Some of those guys (Jeffers, Poole, Dwight) came on incredibly strong in the second half of that season. If Witten, Welker, Curtis and Walter all get to 1,000, then it may be comparable. Walter has averaged about 100 receiving yards the last three games. Schaub seemed to want to conform to Caste protocol and pretty much ignore Walter but necessity forced him to change.

I'm excited too about Jordy Nelson and Todd Blythe entering the NFL next year (though both have affletes throwing to them and Blythe especially may get screwed by being drafted late or not at all). Maybe Matt Jones will be released or traded and thrive in a new location. It's a shame Samardjiza chose baseball over the NFL. In spite of the decades-long Caste System being in place there's still an amazing amount of white talent at receiver out there. WR could and should be a "white thing."

GWTJ

Mentor
Jason Witten can thank Jason Garrett for his success. The Cowboys offensive coordinator made it clear before the season started that the Cowboys offense would revolve around T.O. and Witten. He has clearly kept his word on that.

Kevin Walter will never reach 1,000 yards. As soon as Andre Johnson is healthy he will once again be the go to guy. And Jacoby Jones will also be in the mix. At least Walter in making the most of his opportunity.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's still unclear when Andre Johnson will be back, and how effective he will be when he does return. There were optimistic reports right after his injury that Johnson would only miss a game or two. Now it's dragged out to 4 games and Johnson still hasn't begun practicing and if he doesn't play this week he may be out until after Houston's bye in Week 10.

And coming off a knee injury he may lacksome of the big play abilityhe had before the injury. Bottom line, I think Walter has proved a lot the past three games and the Texans would be foolish not to keep him as their number two receiver, in which case he should continue to get a good number of receptions as their reliable"Ed McCaffrey type overachiever." But then again maybe i'm just in an overly optimistic mood today.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Don Wassall

GWTJ

Mentor
I too heard Nov. 18th as the target date for Johnson's return. Rereading my post I do seem to be pessimistic about Walter. Maybe because he only had 4 receptions for 34 yards in the first three games. I do think it would take continued injuries to keep Walter producing 100+ yards a game.Edited by: GWTJ

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Even with Schaub throwing to him very little the first three games (a total of just 4 receptions), Walter isnow on a pace for 900 yards thanks to three good games in a row. If he maintains his starting position I think he'll have over 1,000 yards.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I'll admit something that I've noticed since this season began...I'm starting to like Randy Moss.

Think about it, he's behaving, he takes double teams for Wes Welker, and he's helping the whitest team in the league win. He's OK in my book.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I was really disappointed in Kevin Walters the first few games of the season. However now he has really come on and is showing he is a talent in the NFL. As far as Curtis I always knew he could go over a thousand yards if he started and he should this year. He has too much speed not to. The kid can run a 4.3 flat. He is a legit deep threat.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I have thought about that too, Thrashen, but I also can't forget Moss's arrogance when he was at Marshall and his first few years in the league.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've always thought Moss took more grief than he deserved, compared to the huge thug and criminal element in the league. He's a country boy who likes to fish and basically be by himself away from the sport. He certainly has a strong a-hole streak and has engaged in some minor criminal behavior, but I'll take him over a lot of other players who care about nothing but themselves and their paychecks.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The media praise of Vince Young makes me sick. What I would have liked to see would be Scott Frost and Eric Crouch get a shot at quarterback in the NFL. They were speed demons.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I know what you mean Don, and I would take Moss over most other black WRs. What he is doing now says a lot and I guess I should give that more credit than what he did 10 years ago.

G

Listen, it appears that Moss has grown up and recognized to get the SuperBowl and win it, you have to go "white". In college he played with NBA fringe All Star guard Jason William (black name,great white player). He is smart enough to know to be a team player and excell when he gets his touches.

The time of celebrating a touchdown like an idiot and cuasing clubhouse problems are over. He woke "TFU" and realized what is important and what legacies are made of. I guess he thinks alot of Jerry Rice.

backrow

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
I was really disappointed in Kevin Walters the first few games of the season.

it's WALTER... not Walters

and why would you be disappointed in a receiver only because a quarterback never throws his way? he was open a lot, did everything they asked of him running routes, blocking etc, caught what passes Schaub tossed to him.

PS and tons of Houston fans still think Andre Davis and Jacoby Jones are better...
smiley11.gif
Edited by: backrow

G

Regarding Eric Crouch, he gave up on himself. He had tremedous skills. He let someone talk him into becoming a reciever. Are you kidding me. He did not have the years to be conditioned into taking those vicious hits in college let alone in the NFL.

He should have drew a line in the sand and stated that he was a quaterback and try to get on a team with his talent, sort of like Romo did. And look at Romo now.

He could have excelled in the NFL but he let the wrong people advise him. He will always regret it. I hope Tebow doesn't make the same mistake.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Walter is a complete player, which is a rarity in today's NFL among receivers. He showed off everything but his receiving skills early on and now he's shown that he's an excellent receiver. We have to hope that Schaub and the Texans' offensive coaches keep utilizing him now. Mike Furrey was an object of ridicule when he began starting for the Lions last year, but he earned the grudging respect of the drunk white fans and the media through his performance. Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Having problems there, backrow?
smiley36.gif
Some people nevah loin!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
whiteathlete33 said:
I was really disappointed in Kevin Walters the first few games of the season.

it's WALTER... not Walters

and why would you be dissapointed in a receiver only because a quarterback never throws his way? he was open a lot, did everything they asked of him running routes, blocking etc, caught what passes Schaub tossed to him.

Backrow obviously is was disappointed in Walter for the fact he wasn't catching many balls. Since he is white he could have lost his job like that.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
I'll admit something that I've noticed since this season began...I'm starting to like Randy Moss.

Think about it, he's behaving, he takes double teams for Wes Welker, and he's helping the whitest team in the league win. He's OK in my book.

Give it time. Moss will revert to his real self, this is a guy who tried to run over a cop. He has taken plays off (lots of them). He's playing hard now because the team is winning and he's involved. I predict another felony in this guys future, maybe after he retires.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
I was really disappointed in Kevin Walters the first few games of the season. However now he has really come on and is showing he is a talent in the NFL. As far as Curtis I always knew he could go over a thousand yards if he started and he should this year. He has too much speed not to. The kid can run a 4.3 flat. He is a legit deep threat.
Let's be realistic..Walter can't run a 4.3 flat no..4.5 at best or 4.6...but the kid has some great others tools..I would take him over a lot for ''Santana Moss''...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Let's be realistic..Walter can't run a 4.3 flat no..4.5 at best or 4.6...but the kid has some great others tools..I would take him over a lot for ''Santana Moss''...

He sure showed his other tools yesterday with 160 yards receiving. Very impressive.