2007 NFL Week 6

Hockaday

Guru
Didn't Anderson get cut at one point last year? It's good to see him playing and growing into a clutch receiver, the same thing Mike Hass will do when he gets an opportunity.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Hockaday said:
Didn't Anderson get cut at one point last year? It's good to see him playing and growing into a clutch receiver, the same thing Mike Hass will do when he gets an opportunity.

he got cut this season, but came back after Mathis, JJ and Johnson went down. he remained a slot receiver even with Jacoby back. Kubiak liked his receivers white, i guess, and today's game proved why.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wes Welker is a monster. He always puts up good games. I wonder how many other Wes Welker's there are out there that never get a chance. Too many.

Bear Backer

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Wes Welker is a monster. He always puts up good games. I wonder how many other Wes Welker's there are out there that never get a chance. Too many.

Yes, isn't it amazing how when our guys get a chance they usually shine at the top of the league? There are no doubt a ton more white recievers out there who if actually given the chance could produce as good as the majority of black recievers in the NFL. The white recievers also catch the ball too. They use that old "Speed kills myth" to hold them down. Sure speed is nice, but it is vastly overrated, especially when some teams field entire reciever corps on this myth, composed of marginal black recievers who have hands of stone.

backrow

Hall of Famer
my only regret is not starting Welker over Torry Holt in CF FF league. on the other hand, i did start Walter and Curtis plus Kampman and few other white stars on defense
smiley36.gif

let's hope for more from Welker, Witten, Fasano and now that Morris appears to be out, Heath Evans and Kyle Eckel!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Welker gets 100! That makes 4 whites over 100 receiving on the day!
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
If Hass got a chance to start he would catch 50 balls this season. Without a doubt in my mind. He may not be the fastest guy but he runs his routes extremely well and has great hands. Maybe Hass should write a book like Keyshawn, "Just gimme the damn ball."

Look at the stats for Tom Brady this game - unbelievable! Is it me or are the "good" white quarterbacks pulling ahead of the black qbacks by an even bigger margin?

And Welker - good returns, huge yardage, two TDs. Good lord.

Can anyone beat the pats this year? Only the colts look even close to the task.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Kyle Eckel, ladies and gentlemen, with his first NFL TD
smiley32.gif

and Welker, wow. even announcers were praising him like crazy, including his high school highlights!
smiley4.gif

lumsdenpower

Mentor
All my respect to Bill Bellichik to give a last chance for Eckel for score his first NFL TD and not kick a field goal on 4th down!
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A great day receiving for the small contingent of whites. Was great to see Welker do so well on a national stage.

One sour note on a good weekend (Ibragimov won yesterday, hurray!) -- Urban had a couple drops,the first one was an easy catchthe second one a tougher catch. Both times the two announcers simply tore into him. It was nauseating, reminiscent of the way announcers loved to rip into Bill Schroeder. Theyalso accused him of giving up ona play after the Panthers intercepted an errant pass, replete with endless camera shots of Urban on the field and standing on the sideline. Then, after Adrian Wilson ran down a running back, they made sure to contrast Wilson's all-out effort with Urban's supposed "not trying." We all know which race is well known for laziness on the field and which one is known for "non-stop motors," but the two Caste clownsseized on this role reversal like you wouldn't believe.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I wish Jerheme had caught those 2 passes, it would have helped my fantasy teams, and Romo's late INT. Oh well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thank you Tom Brady, Wes Welker and the rest of the Pats for making my Sunday afternoon. I've always hated the Cowgirls. I do like Witten,Fasano and a few others but just don't like the team. I won a good chunk of change on the game. Brady and Manning are the two best qb's in the nfl by a wide margin. It is a joy to watch them play.

I'm very happy for Welker as the Pats are using him more than the Dolphins did and he is on a Super Bowl Contending Team. Keep it up guys.

backrow

Hall of Famer
other than Urban's drops (haven't watched a game so i go by what Don said here), Bennett and Heap leaving early with nagging injuries and bad day for Brian Leonard it was a great football Sunday so far.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don't be surprised if Urban is cut. I'll be surprised if he isn't made the scapegoat for Arizona's loss. White guys trying to establish themselves usually aren't allowed to have bad games.

Another great thing today was seeing Vinny Testaverde join the Panthers just this week and lead them to a victory at the age of 43! What an accomplishment.
smiley32.gif

G

I knew Welker would be great with Brady.

When I heard the Patriots got Welker and Moss I suspected the Patriots might be really good this year.

backrow

Hall of Famer
he still had a catch for 42 yards, ranked second on a team. i don't think he is getting cut.

btw Seahawks offense starts two whites...
smiley11.gif

Kaptain

Master
One person I'd like to note is Jeff Garcia. His play has not produced great stats but has been spectacular. Today he threw for 274 yards and TD with an otherwise terrible offensive "caste." He has yet to throw an interception this year, has the 3rd or 4th best passer rating, and is constantly making plays with his legs at his advanced age.

Bart

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Brady and Manning are the two best qb's in the nfl by a wide margin. It is a joy to watch them play.

We've heard some players say that Manning isn't all that special and Brady often has beendescribed asnothing more than a game manager. Vick and the other revolutionary black quarterbacks were supposedly taking the position to another level.

So far this season Tom Brady alone is outperforming the black starters by a wide margin. He has played six games, but taking that into consideration, he is miles and miles ahead. His passing yards and QB rating are astronomical, so I won't even bother in those comparisons.

Passing TDS INTSRunning TDS

V. Young 3 6 1

D. Garrard&nbsp ;&nbsp ; 60 0

D. McNabb 62 0

S. McNair 22 0

J.Campbell&n bsp; 34 1

T. Brady 21 2 1

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If you add up all of the other qb's combined touchdowns, Brady still has them all beat by himself. He wins by 21 td's to their 20. If that doesn't tell you how good he is, then I don't know what will. It also shows the low level of play that alot of these other qb's are playing at.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Garrard not having a bad year though. And I live in DC and people really like Campbell here. Vince Young is terrible but still gets credited with being a star already (like someone else we know who is not playing this year).

backrow

Hall of Famer
to be honest, Garrard and Garcia are still the only QBs wiht no interception on the season, gotta give him that.
Campbell is nothing special at all and Young is way overhyped.

G

Garrard is the only black QB playing well right now.

Campbell is a capable QB, nothing more, but he's half black, so all he has to do is play at an average level and people think he's good.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Campbell gets pretty good protection, but often throws the ball way too late. He has been unable to connect at all with Santana Moss, and yesterday was the first time he was able to throw to Chris Cooley on a regular basis. He doesn't stink, but he doesn't seem to have a good feel for the position and I don't see him being more than an average QB at best.