2007 NFL Week 6

backrow

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower said:
Let's be realistic..Walter can't run a 4.3 flat no..4.5 at best or 4.6...but the kid has some great others tools..I would take him over a lot for ''Santana Moss''...

read his post, he meant Kevin Curtis

ok, im real happy for walter and all, but why is NO ONE talking about the phenomal performance put up by wes welker against a 5-0 cowboys strong D? i think he had 11 catches for 124 and 2tds. pretty good to me. and kyle eckel seems to have official demoted fellow white heath evans to fullback, although evans is still the goaline back. eckecl got his 1st acreer Td!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteafflete15 said:
ok, im real happy for walter and all, but why is NO ONE talking about the phenomal performance put up by wes welker against a 5-0 cowboys strong D?

Have you even read this thread?? Welker's praised plenty of times.

More skimming by CFers.
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
whiteafflete15 said:
ok, im real happy for walter and all, but why is NO ONE talking about the phenomal performance put up by wes welker against a 5-0 cowboys strong D?

Have you even read this thread??  Welker's praised plenty of times.

More skimming by CFers.
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif
too true.
sometimes i wonder if anyone's even reading the stats i post. i'd still post them if they wouldn't, i like having them all in one place
smiley17.gif

lumsdenpower

Mentor
backrow said:
lumsdenpower said:
Let's be realistic..Walter can't run a 4.3 flat no..4.5 at best or 4.6...but the kid has some great others tools..I would take him over a lot for ''Santana Moss''...

read his post, he meant Kevin Curtis
ah your right, sorry , I just read Walter + 4.3 and I quoted him right away lol

Bart

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Give it time. Moss will revert to his real self, this is a guy who tried to run over a cop. He has taken plays off (lots of them). He's playing hard now because the team is winning and he's involved.

I agree. He went down the memory hole in Oakland and surely realizes how fortunate he now is to be on a perpetual Super Bowl contender quarterbacked by a superb passer. He will have the lions share of glory if everything continues going smoothly, but if adversity hits, the old Randy will be back.

I was surprised he got called for pushing off and having his touchdown erased. He almost alwaysgives ashove for separation and generally gets away with it. Edited by: Bart

G

whiteafflete15 said:

Everybody was watching that game and saw what he did. His wikipedia page was hit hard.

The sports media even decided to not pretend that he doesn't exist.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Am I the only who HATE E.Manning and the offensive coordinator..WHAT A WASTE OF TALENT for Shockey..that make me sick, he should be the first TE in the league for the stats...that's really piss me off
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, Eli would rather force a ball to Burress, who in all fairness is a good receiver, than to throw it to Shockey at times. if he was in TE friendly scheme, such as Dallas, Cleveland or even Denver, he would get close to 1k and 10 TDs every season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Typical mostly boring NFL game between the Giants and Falcons. The Giants dominated because they have a much better offensive line -- 4 white starters while the Falcons have yet another lousy, sumo-dominated line that can't pass protect or run block, and because the Falcons receivers are simply terrible. And Michael Jenkins and Roddy White are first round draft picks yet.

Eli Manning has been throwing the ball great for the most part. Lots of nice pinpoint passes. He's noticeably better this season.Edited by: Don Wassall

Bart

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
One person I'd like to note is Jeff Garcia. His play has not produced great stats but has been spectacular. Today he threw for 274 yards and TD with an otherwise terrible offensive "caste." He has yet to throw an interception this year, has the 3rd or 4th best passer rating, and is constantly making plays with his legs at his advanced age.

"Garcia gives our football team something we haven't had here, and that's playmaking. He can make all kinds of plays - throwing, running, audibling. I think he's a heck of a football player," said coach Jon Gruden.

Kaptain

Master
How about the 6 drops by the Falcon recievers! Is it possible that with all the whining the brothers on the team have decided to sabotage Harrington in order to get their boy Buyrum in there? He also has had zero time to pass the ball- but look at his offensive line.

It could be that the Falcons recievers are just that bad, but it also looks like they are putting no effort into it - (something Matt Jones gets inactivated for). Last year Harrington had no problem completing passes to Wes Welker.

Shockey is being wasted on the Giants. It's been that way since his rookie season when he burst onto the scene. Now his light is being "hidden under a bushel."

Bart

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
How about the 6 drops by the Falcon recievers! Is it possible that with all the whining the brothers on the team have decided to sabotage Harrington in order to get their boy Buyrum in there?

It's more than possible.

G

I'm 30, and it's my opinion, after having watched over 20 years of NFL football, that having a good offensive line is the most important thing in the entire game. Nothing is as effective as a line working well together, pass blocking, run blocking, and pulling.

Most of the good lines today are majority white which should be no surprise at all. White selflessnes and teamwork, such a detriment at skill positions, has exactly the opposite effect on the line. And well, they're smarter too, which never hurts.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
I'm 30, and it's my opinion, after having watched over 20 years of NFL football, that having a good offensive line is the most important thing in the entire game. Nothing is as effective as a line working well together, pass blocking, run blocking, and pulling.

Most of the good lines today are majority white which should be no surprise at all. White selflessnes and teamwork, such a detriment at skill positions, has exactly the opposite effect on the line. And well, they're smarter too, which never hurts.

I agree.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
whiteafflete15 said:
jaxvid, just wondering, are you a racist?

I try!
smiley2.gif

Cooley, depsite his lack of yds from having to stay in and block, is on pace for at least 10 TDs. They said that since he came into the league, no tight end aside from Antonio Gates has had more TDs.

As for Shockey, he might be well be the most complete TE in the league, but I'd take Witten, Cooley, Dallas Clark, Miller and Heap over him. Something about Shockey just rubs me the wrong way.

In the Saints-Seahawks game, did no one else notice the comment about Devery Henderson(IIRC)? 'Great play-making ability, but his downside is his hands!' That should never be a wideouts downside! It fits in well with JB's column. He's not fast, or not a good route runner, or can't get easy seperation, but how much longer can the league have receivers whose hands are their worst enemies?

G

As I tell the Bear fans their season is a complete loss unless they put Hass in the game. Of course being DWFs they're down to the toothless leftist tactic of name calling, "racist." I've told them Hass in as a slot starter and Ball in on Red Zone possesions but no the DWFs all want their chance once or twice per game to chant "Mooooose." I don't hate the Bears team I hate their fans (sports hate that is)

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the first sentence from the main AP story on last night's game (by Paul Newberry): "Eli Manning made enough good throws to overcome some glaring mistakes."

Is that an unbiased description of what took place? Manning was 27 of 39 for 303 yards in an easy win. He played an excellent game and the Giants were never seriously threatened. How about this fora first sentence: "Eli Manning threw for over 300 yardsthanks tomostly precision passing, as the resurgent Giants dominated the Falcons in an easy 31-10 road victory."

AP exercises monopoly control over the dissemination of "news" in the U.S. What's the difference between a private monopoly and a government monopoly over the control of news and information? Answer: very little.

backrow

Hall of Famer
how nice is it to see that:

Stat Leader Team
PassingT. BradyNE 388 yards
RushingA. PetersonMIN 224 yards
ReceivingK. WalterHOU 160 yards
SacksJ. AllenKC 2.5 sacks

3 whites out of four are this week's leaders in their caregories.
smiley32.gif