Week 8 2009

backrow

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Jared Allen just got his third sack today!!!!!

and this makes him a NFL sack leader with 10.5, half more than smurfy-fluke Dumervil. go Jared! i love Minnesota-Green Bay games, too bad that Packers lost Swain for a year and are without Nelson today, would be even whiter.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Jared Allen just got his third sack today!!!!!

and this makes him a NFL sack leader with 10.5, half more than smurfy-fluke Dumervil. go Jared! i love Minnesota-Green Bay games, too bad that Packers lost Swain for a year and are without Nelson today, would be even whiter.

You are right.  I checked Dumervil to make sure the didn't get any sacks today as well as the other tops guys because NFL.com hasn't updated the sack list yet.  Allen always has his best games against the Packers.  The last time they played GB he had 4.5 sacks.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
John Kuhn with two carries today, Brad Hoover with one, and Jacob Hester even got another one in San Diego's win.

Peyton Hillis with only the two catches, though.

I hope Brian Leonard will be healthy the rest of the season, although the Bengals will probably just use him as a battering ram and a last option receiver.

Does Owen Schmitt even get to lineup in the backfield for Seattle this year?

It sure is strange that Austin Collie is playing so well but kind of lacked the "right stuff" to go higher in the draft.

How many other teams missed a good chance by not picking up Danny Amendola before the Rams? I can think of several that have so-called black WRs who can't catch a pass even with a coating of stickum on their hands.

Let's hope for some Danny Woodhead runs and catches next week!

Kaptain

Master
Well the media attack on the Packer's line continues. I watched the game and thought that the line did about as good as they could do. Rodgers hanging onto the ball too long was the main reason for sacks. But, this Packer team has no running threat. Ryan Grant hasn't done squat since the first year he came on the scene.

Not much a word about the bonehead personal foul by fatarse affelte "Jolly" that led to the Vikings first TD. The Packers had stopped the Vikings and would have had to settle for a field goal, but Jolly turned around and head-butted a Viking in trash-talking celebration.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kaptain Poop said:
Well the media attack on the Packer's line continues. I watched the game and thought that the line did about as good as they could do. Rodgers hanging onto the ball too long was the main reason for sacks. But, this Packer team has no running threat. Ryan Grant hasn't done squat since the first year he came on the scene.

Good analysis. Troy Aikman was criticizing Rodgers for holding onto the ball too long and taking needless sacks, the first announcer to get it right this season. The rest havebeen the typical caste herd, jumpingall over the Packers' line. Rodgers is very good and will get better, but he has to get rid of the ball quicker, especially against a team like the Vikings who have a good pash rush.

James Jones has been quiet since Jorday Nelson went down except for a short TD last week. This should help Nelson continue to solidify the #3 role when he gets back. Driver and Jennings both had game-delaying "injuries" late in the game but "miraculously" were very quickly back on the field.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Austin Collie had another solid game. Dallas Clark continues to show he is unstoppable with 8 catches for 99 yards.  It is too bad that Owens is done for the season though.  I know you must be pretty pissed about that Don as he is on your fantasy team. 
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteathlete33 said:
Austin Collie had another solid game. Dallas Clark continues to show he is unstoppable with 8 catches for 99 yards. It is too bad that Owens is done for the season though. I know you must be pretty pissed about that Don as he is on your fantasy team.
smiley2.gif

That's okay because I have Chris Cooley as my other TE on that team. Oh wait, he's injured too.
smiley36.gif
smiley42.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Mike Furrey had only 1 catch today for 9 yards.  The Browns offense is terrible and Furrey should be starting but instead rookie Massaquoi is.  Furrey is excellent at making catches in the 10-12 yard range and would at least give them a chance to pick up first downs. Massaquoi had one good game for 148 yards earlier in the season and thats was it.  The fact that they are starting Derek Anderson over Brady Quinn is ridiculous as well.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was rooting for the Packers but can't help but appreciate a certain quarterback who went 2-0 against his old team with 7 TD passes and no interceptions. And who handled the endless media hype and idiocy with nothing but class. And who at 40 years old is still playing at a very high level.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Alot of people dislike Favre for the fact that he retires and then comes back.  Why do they care?

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
I was rooting for the Packers but can't help but appreciate a certain quarterback who went 2-0 against his old team with 7 TD passes and no interceptions.  And who handled the endless media hype and idiocy with nothing but class.  And who at 40 years old is still playing at a very high level.

That's very true, Favre is playing as well as he did over 10 seasons ago. In his entire career, I've never, ever seen him refrain from throwing random jump-balls and costly interceptions. This year he's playing very different. The only game they lost (Steelers) was because of an interception off of Chester Taylor's hands-o-stone.

I havent been shy about bashing him ruthlessly, but he deserves tons of credit. I never thought I'd say this again....but Brett Favre is still a top 5 NFL quarterback (Brady, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, Favre). At age 40, it seems like he's finally developed game patience and stopped forcing balls.

I wish the best for the Vikings and Packers in terms of playoffs, as they are two of the whitest teams in the NFC/NFL.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteathlete33 said:
Mike Furrey had only 1 catch today for 9 yards. The Browns offense is terrible and Furrey should be starting but instead rookie Massaquoi is. Furrey is excellent at making catches in the 10-12 yard range and would at least give them a chance to pick up first downs. Massaquoi had one good game for 148 yards earlier in the season and thats was it. The fact that they are starting Derek Anderson over Brady Quinn is ridiculous as well.

Massaquoi has played like a Hall of Famer compared to fellow rookie Brian Robiskie, who again was shut out today and remains stuck on one catch for the season. Robiskie, the son of veteran NFL coach Terry Robiskie, was touted as being the "most NFL ready" of any receiver in the draft this year, showing again how the draft is basically guesswork combined withrabid affirmative action.Robiskie must have a rock where his brain's supposed to be. Both these giants of the gridiron were second round picks by Cleveland.

It's almost beyond belief how bad the Browns are.

qj

Guru
Quinn and Anderson have no one to throw to. Several of their black receivers and their tight end simply cannot catch the ball. Doesn't seem like Furrey gets to play much, so he's not gonna be a factor. They have no running game to speak of. So, the Browns are gonna get it handed to them game after game. If they had Hass, Anderson would get him the ball, just like the old Oregon State daze. If they had M. Jones, they would have an instant, deadly deep threat. Put Hillis, Woodhead or Hester in the backfield and they would also have a decent run game. Oh well, it's easy to blame Furrey and the white QB's rather than get some decent running backs, some decent WR's and a decent TE.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah, but instead of a team like the Browns trading for a stud RB like Hillis, Hester or Woodhead- who aren't allowed to carry the ball (who have proved to be "amazing" players each time they get a shot- though the DWFs soon forget) they would just as soon sign a black scrub- street FA- like Ahman Green (just signed by GB), Ron Dayne or maybe even bring the always overrated Eddie George out of retirement before that. It would just stir things up too much for Mangini to bench the over the hill and under-performing cocaine dealer- Jamal Lewis. He also couldn't cut Jamal's brotha tailback mates (like rookie Chris Jennings and his "barely stat registering" career at Arizona or 4th year scrub Jerome Harrison) no that would be "racist"!

This rookie "star" known as Chris Jennings stats at Arizona were:
JR: 105-451-4.3 YPC-3 TD: 7 catches for 30 yards
SR: 53-156-"2.9" YPC-1 TD: He had 27 catches for 232 yards-1 TD

Sounds like a guy more qualified to carry the ball than Jacob Hester, Peyton Hillis, Danny Woodhead or Toby Gerhart right? (Sarcasm alert) Even if Toby Gerhart wins the Heisman, Jennings would probably get NFL carries before Gerhart if the Browns draft him.
smiley7.gif

I guess Jennings has "Afroletic" upside. Yeah...and Woodhead and his 4.33/4.38 40 and 2nd best all-time NCAA career do not? If far more productive, athletic freak, Jake Sharp gets cut next year by the NFL (for a supposed lack of FBS production- because of his injury this year) we can cite this Jennings clown as proof of discrimination to the CaucasianRivals.

Westside

Hall of Famer
"Upside" is NFL code for: yeah this guy sucks now, he just needs "time" to learn the system. He has to get reps, er, experience. So what if we lose in the short run. He is going to a great "affelet" in the long run. He has "shown" some signs of be greatness, Na, we can't cut him. Especially since we have invested a great deal in him.(I am thinking a certain great affeletic black quarterback here, in O town). No, Upside means giving every black player more than enough opportunity and pray the "light goes on!" Sicking.

G

"Upside" in the end means downside for the NFL. Americans bless their little brains are losing patience and trust in their basic institutions which have done nothing but stab them in the back for decades. Count the NFL amongst the backstabbers, and what starts out as a pebble (castefootball) will become and avalanche of abuse directed at the symbols of the traitorous institutions.Anyways as a Pack fan all I can say its either gonna be 10-6 or another 6-10 year and McCarthy goes back to being a position coach.

GWTJ

Mentor
I hope Jeff Fischer is feeling like sh!t this morning. The owner forced him to start Vince 'Radio' Young, probably at the request of other players on the team. He has been told by the owner that his performance will be reviewed at the end of the season(the kiss of death for coaches). And he gets to stand on the sidelines with the title of head coach while the teams decisions are being made by other people all around him. Time to update your resume coach, it's over!

Borussia

Guru
Re the Packers-Vikings game, yes Rodgers does hold onto the ball far too long. Having said that, Vikings D front is very strong and the Pack OL seems to have their hands full.
A lack of a running attack doesn't help either. So the propensity for Rodgers to get sacked and pressured is a combination of things.

Week 8: not so good for the White guys. Yes, the typical non-hyped productive day for top tier guys such as Clark, Brooking, Witten, Celek (who can be classed as an elite TE now), and the elite QBs.

Owen Daniels injury sucks. He was always top of the list for stats every week. Note on Houston: looks like Cushing is going to be a pro bowler and top level LB.

What's the deal with AJ Hawk? Didn't see him involved at the level he should be.

No NSA for Woodhead and Hartline this week. Dolphins win and ironically lose all the head to head match-ups except for ST. Butter fingers speed demon Ginn returns 2 kicks for touchdowns. LOL! He was ripped mercilessly all week in the local media and radio. Word has it that Coach Soprano almost made him weep in the locker room after Wed. practice.
Well, we will have to grudgingly give butter fingers Ginn some credit this week. Maybe the star afflete needed to check his ego a bit and be humbled. You see, many of the speedy star affletes are used to everyone kissing their asses and worshiping them since the time they are in pop warner league. This dysfunctional mindset only becomes reinforced more in high school and college.

Many 'star' affletes are not mentally prepared to deal with true critique and they do reap the rewards of the Caste system.
Ginn was about done after last week.
Perhaps a reprieve for Teddy. Dolphins perhaps finally get it: Ginn is a Return guy, not a every down WR. Maybe use him for decoy duty on 3rd and longs.

All in all, a somewhat weak Sunday for the White guys. Kuhn with a couple of catches and runs, Hillis gets a measly bone. The Browns and Jags continue to suck big time. Titans win a game, so be prepared for nonstop media hype for 'future Hall of Famer' Vince Young.

Matt Jones still can't get a tryout.

[

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
wile said:
"Upside" in the end means downside for the NFL. Americans bless their little brains are losing patience and trust in their basic institutions which have done nothing but stab them in the back for decades. Count the NFL amongst the backstabbers, and what starts out as a pebble (castefootball) will become and avalanche of abuse directed at the symbols of the traitorous institutions.

smiley43.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jamal Lewis is only averaging 3.6 yards a carry for the Browns.  While that isn't terrible it certainly isn't good.  The Browns could sure use a player like Hillis or Woodhead but it never happens.

G

Kuhn for the Pack had the highest rushing average 3.5pc versus 3.0ypc for Grant, granted it was only two carries but they were tough up the middle carries against the Vikes D. Of course it would be major caste doo doo if he were to get more and the Pack continued with its mediocre play, every caste whore would heap the blame on Kuhn for the Pack's woes. Myself I would like to see the RBs go to that older formation where they are side by side, but then again I'm old school not some pass first prima donna.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Originally posted by wile

Of course it would be major caste doo doo if he were to get more and the Pack continued with its mediocre play, every caste whore would heap the blame on Kuhn for the Pack's woes.

The point is IF Kuhn got more carries, he would doubtless gain MANY more yards than the worthless Grant, or the recently signed over-the-hill retread Green. UsCF folks wouldn't have to worry about a letdown;-)

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
I was rooting for the Packers but can't help but appreciate a certain quarterback who went 2-0 against his old team with 7 TD passes and no interceptions.  And who handled the endless media hype and idiocy with nothing but class.  And who at 40 years old is still playing at a very high level.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
He's still got it and being a little bit over 40 myself gives all the more reason to be a fan of Favre.