Week 8 2009

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Jamal Lewis is only averaging 3.6 yards a carry for the Browns.  While that isn't terrible it certainly isn't good.  The Browns could sure use a player like Hillis or Woodhead but it never happens.

I think it's about time for another "My, My...How can we Compete?" Thread. Last year I looked at the supposed "superior" production of the 100% Afrolete NFL committee of tailbacks that had carried the ball more than 75 times (at mid season). I found loads who averaged under 4 YPC. This year I think it's even worse...Meanwhile Peyton Hillis had ran for 5.9 and 7.3 YPC in his 3rd and 4th start (his last)- showing to be one of the top 5 "efficient" tailbacks in the entire league (while scoring TDs and running through tacklers as much as a baker puts out hotcakes). What happens? He is demoted to 4th string! I'm sure Hillis, Hester and Woodhead have proven already that they are completely incapable of averaging even 3.9 YPC, Right lol? This year it looks like 3.9 YPC, for most of these afroletic "stars", is above what they are capable of!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Jamal Lewis is only averaging 3.6 yards a carry for the Browns.  While that isn't terrible it certainly isn't good.  The Browns could sure use a player like Hillis or Woodhead but it never happens.

I think it's about time for another "My, My...How can we Compete?" Thread. Last year I looked at the supposed "superior" production of the 100% Afrolete NFL committee of tailbacks that had carried the ball more than 75 times (at mid season). I found loads who averaged under 4 YPC. This year I think it's even worse...Meanwhile Peyton Hillis had ran for 5.9 and 7.3 YPC in his 3rd and 4th start (his last)- showing to be one of the top 5 "efficient" tailbacks in the entire league (while scoring TDs and running through tacklers as much as a baker puts out hotcakes). What happens? He is demoted to 4th string! I'm sure Hillis, Hester and Woodhead have proven already that they are completely incapable of averaging even 3.9 YPC. This year it looks like 3.9 YPC, for most of these afroletic "stars", is above what they are capable of!

I thought Woodhead would receive some carries this past week with Washington going down. I guess I was wrong and so were several others who predicted the same.  In order for Woodhead to have any meaningful carries either Jones or Greene would have to get injured. It is so sad but so true.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Well, Greene sucked this past week. He averaged under 2 YPC, fumbled and had -(2) fantasy points for the guy I played in fantasy football. Maybe Woodhead will be worked into the mix, to compliment power runner Thomas Jones, but I'm guessing no. This is the traditional POS NFL afterall.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Shockey might just have another 100 yard game, 3 catches for close to 50 yards at half time I believe.

Fujita has been out, they replaced him with another White linebacker in Troy Evans who was doing well, now they put in an afflete, who is an undersized, slow middle linebacker. Makes no sense to put him in at OLB. He has been missing tackles, they need to put Evans back in.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's obvious that the MNF broadcasters work from a script when it comes to the players Jaws and especially Gruden wax poetic about during the game when prompted from the truck. Tonight Gruden periodically drooled over the "dominant" play of Falcons DE John Abraham, replete with highlights showing him rushing Drew Brees.

This is Abraham's final box score for the game: 0 sacks, 0 tackles, 0 assists.

dwid

Hall of Famer
It was confusing as why to they were praising him. He wasn't a factor in the game, even going against a 3rd string Sumo left tackle Bushrod, from Towson. I swear some of these sumos look good because of the pathetic play of the all black dlines. When the Bills played the Saints Schobel owned Bushrod.

Brees is able to get rid of the ball quickly making a poor line look better than it actually is, but if they have to face Jared Allen in the playoffs Bushrod will get owned again. IMO Strief is definitely better than Bushrod, he has proven it several games, but somehow Bushrod is the new starter with Brown out, even though they have to put Strief or a tight end to help out on his side.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Do you think all the White "sports commentators" calling the games on TV and radio are explicitly told by their bosses to hype up the play of Blacks (while pooh-poohing the efforts of Whites), or is it just some kind of unwritten rule that every "successful" White broadcaster learns to follow in order to secure a job in the first place?

foobar75

Master
You know, I'm finding Gruden to be an interesting breed. Unlike pieces of garbage like Dierdorf and Uncle Chris who make it a point to insult and demean white players while worshopping black ones, Gruden is different. Sure, he worships lots of undeserving black players like all the others, but I've also lost count the numbers of times he's praised white players, calling them fast, quick, and athletic time and again. Allen, Scheffler, Shockey, Romo, Stinchcomb, etc, etc. So on that note, I don't quite dislike him as much as the others.Edited by: foobar75

foobar75

Master
Borussia said:
What's the deal with AJ Hawk? Didn't see him involved at the level he should be.[

Regarding AJ Hawk, I must say, I'm disappointed. I figured he's turn out to be a far better player than he has. With the emergence of rookie Clay Matthews, who appears destined to be a very good LB in this league and Brandon Chillar, I think Hawk's days in GB might be numbered. The good news, I suppose, is that it's the play of two other white LBs that's going to hurt AJ's cause. But in an ideal world, the Pack would be fielding a snow patrol, which is unlikely at this point.

GiovaniMarcon said:
Do you think all the White "sports commentators" calling the games on TV and radio are explicitly told by their bosses to hype up the play of Blacks (while pooh-poohing the efforts of Whites), or is it just some kind of unwritten rule that every "successful" White broadcaster learns to follow in order to secure a job in the first place?

They do it automatically, without thinking.

Bear Backer

Mentor
GiovaniMarcon said:

It is undoubtedly a combination of both. It is scripted on at least a basic level as is all television. That is why they have production meetings. It would be very naive to believe that don't include marketing strategy and proposed talking points in those meetings. The announcers themselves are corporate yes men, who secure and maintain their positions and standing on how they tow the company line. The obvious company line in the NFL and the MSM is the proactive promotion of black athletes. Anyone who would deny this is not paying attention or has an ulterior motive. You can barely turn on the television anymore without seeing stories about blacks breaking color barriers, overcoming adversity or dealing with "institutional" racism in sports. It has become completely ingrained in the social Marxist victimology agenda in modern America. Edited by: Bear Backer

foobar75 said:
You know, I'm finding Gruden to be an interesting breed. Unlike pieces of garbage like Dierdorf and Uncle Chris who make it a point to insult and demean white players while worshopping black ones, Gruden is different. Sure, he worships lots of undeserving black players like all the others, but I've also lost count the numbers of times he's praised white players, calling them fast, quick, and athletic time and again. Allen, Scheffler, Shockey, Romo, Stinchcomb, etc, etc. So on that note, I don't quite dislike him as much as the others.

I could only stomach a quarter or so of MNF last night, but I was struck by Gruden's effusive gushing over Atlanta's M. Turner. He praised exactly those qualities once possessed by an RB on Gruden's own team. Unfortunately Gruden didn't seem fit to give his RB any playing time. Of course, Mike Alstott didn't have the good sense to be black.

Bear Backer said:
GiovaniMarcon said:

It is undoubtedly a combination of both. It is scripted on at least a basic level as is all television. That is why they have production meetings. It would be very naive to believe that don't include marketing strategy and proposed talking points in those meetings. The announcers themselves are corporate yes men, who secure and maintain their positions and standing on how they tow the company line. The obvious company line in the NFL and the MSM is the proactive promotion of black athletes. Anyone who would deny this is not paying attention or has an ulterior motive. You can barely turn on the television anymore without seeing stories about blacks breaking color barriers, overcoming adversity or dealing with "institutional" racism in sports. It has become completely ingrained in the social Marxist victimology agenda in modern America.

That is an accurate analysis. Am I the only one who's reminded of "professional wrestling" when it comes to NFL commentary? They seem so often to have decided in advance who the "stars" are, who the "bad guys" are, and so often it seems to have little to do with what any player actually does on the field [see "Michael Vick" and "JaMarcus Russell"].

foobar75

Master
Cassiodorus said:
foobar75 said:
You know, I'm finding Gruden to be an interesting breed. Unlike pieces of garbage like Dierdorf and Uncle Chris who make it a point to insult and demean white players while worshopping black ones, Gruden is different. Sure, he worships lots of undeserving black players like all the others, but I've also lost count the numbers of times he's praised white players, calling them fast, quick, and athletic time and again. Allen, Scheffler, Shockey, Romo, Stinchcomb, etc, etc. So on that note, I don't quite dislike him as much as the others.

I could only stomach a quarter or so of MNF last night, but I was struck by Gruden's effusive gushing over Atlanta's M. Turner. He praised exactly those qualities once possessed by an RB on Gruden's own team. Unfortunately Gruden didn't seem fit to give his RB any playing time. Of course, Mike Alstott didn't have the good sense to be black.

As I remember, in the 4th quarter, Gruden praised both Shockey and Stinchcomb for being "athletic" and making great plays, without using any caste code words in the process.

So, as I said originally, he drools over black players just like all the others. But unlike most of the others, he doesn't necessarily go out to insult white players, and in fact usually has good things to say, which is a rarity.

I can live with an analyst who worships blacks but gives whites their due as well, as opposed to the ones who are completely one-sided.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
Bierman just scored his first NFL touchdown.

Kroy is a dadgum stud at DE...no way he shouldn't be starting ahead of "afflete" Jamal Anderson. Biermann is quicker and much more active (making tackles downfield, pressuring the QB). I was rather happy to see him snag that TD.

It was also good seeing Shockey getting off on the coal-back Falcons 2ndry. The Falcons need to get the ball to Finneran much more.
smiley18.gif

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Dixie, Biermann was in fact listed as the starter at DE. From what I saw, the Falcons do a ton of rotating on the defensive line, moving people in and out, and to different positions.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cassiodorus said:
Bear Backer said:
GiovaniMarcon said:

It is undoubtedly a combination of both. It is scripted on at least a basic level as is all television. That is why they have production meetings. It would be very naive to believe that don't include marketing strategy and proposed talking points in those meetings. The announcers themselves are corporate yes men, who secure and maintain their positions and standing on how they tow the company line. The obvious company line in the NFL and the MSM is the proactive promotion of black athletes. Anyone who would deny this is not paying attention or has an ulterior motive. You can barely turn on the television anymore without seeing stories about blacks breaking color barriers, overcoming adversity or dealing with "institutional" racism in sports. It has become completely ingrained in the social Marxist victimology agenda in modern America.

That is an accurate analysis. Am I the only one who's reminded of "professional wrestling" when it comes to NFL commentary? They seem so often to have decided in advance who the "stars" are, who the "bad guys" are, and so often it seems to have little to do with what any player actually does on the field [see "Michael Vick" and "JaMarcus Russell"].

I agree it's a good analysis. The gushing over blacks in any and every way possible is implicitly understood by everyone in the media. I mean they know that they can't even mention an hispanic eating a taco without paying a heavy price. For MNF, they have five or six days to prepare for each game, so each team is broken down, story lines formed, and a basic script for each game outlined. Other than at QB, most of the stars are going to be black. So when Michael Turner makes a good run, Gruden is cued from the production truck to start talking about Turner, and as he does often there will simultaneously be a short highlight reel shown from previous games or the game in progress. This happens all the time in television -- a prepared package is shown instantly as soon as someone is mentioned, which is an obvious indicator that a script is being followed.

The scripting was easily seen in the case of John Abraham, who was one-on-one against a backup sumo yet still washeld completely in check-- he didn't have a single tackle or sack. But it had been decided during the week that he was one of the Falcons players that the booth was going to focus on, so a couple of times during the game Gruden was told to talk about him while Abraham was shown trying to get to Brees. It was an honor based on past performance rather than the ongoing game. Gruden may or may not have been aware that Abraham didn't have as much as an assisted tackle, as there's a lot going on during a game that viewers aren't aware of, the following of pre-prepared remarks and story lines being just one of them.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, surprisingly even though Gruden absolutely has to gush over some black players he is pretty good when giving props to white guys most of the time.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jaws was gushing over every black on the field.  He kept saying what a great receiver Devery Henderson is.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I actually prefer the gushing to the criticizing. Look he's trying to sell a product. What the heck kind of salesman denigrates the thing he is trying to sell! That's what is so bizarre about the caste-system and why I know it's so phony.

The announcers should be talking up every good play that happens. Every single guy out there should be praised to the sky when he does something right. It makes no sense at all for them to single out white players with their common insults like "he's not very fast" or "rumblin' stumblin'" or he's not very good but....." that crap is stoopid! They should act like every white guy out there is the most tremendous white athlete on the planet. why not! It seems like everything else in the world is hyped except white athletes!!!

That's why I like local announcers, they are quicker to give props to white guys because they know that their jobs are on the line for ratings and they want to sell the sizzle so the DWF's buy the product.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Good point Jaxvid.  Jaws is just very annoying and stupid.  I doubt that guy has more intelligence than the average 13 year old. I know he is a former qb but he has no clue what is going on.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
PhillyBirds said:
Dixie, Biermann was in fact listed as the starter at DE. From what I saw, the Falcons do a ton of rotating on the defensive line, moving people in and out, and to different positions.

PB, thanks for the clarification partner. I met a buddy at a Sports Bar to watch the game & missed the first few minutes (line-up announcements, etc). Glad to hear they're starting Kroy...as he's a dadgum stud out there. I've been very impressed with him all season.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Just to expose some more the racism of the NFL does anyone remember about 15 years or so ago when Don Beebe a huge game during the regular season?    It must have been the 1994 season.  I remember watching on ESPN some reporter  asking Beebe if he has a black uncle.  Beebe replied"Not that I know of."  The question was asked due to the fact that he burned all the cornerbacks during that game.

Edited by: whiteathlete33