Tyson Fury

amoeba man

Guru
Feel sorry for Fury.The second time in a year this has happened to him.He apparently got in great shape and was moving well and punching very hard according to his trainer.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Thats too bad. I was looking forward to this scrap. From reports Tyson was ready to go and KO chimpsoruas

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Unbef'inlievable. Where are the x-rays and medical reports? Otherwise ill just assume he's pulling the Gaylord Gaye schtick with the phony injury.

This is the THIRD time Fury has trained hard for a fight for nothing. Why can't they find a reasonable substitute? They were going to do just that for Chagaev. Briggs wanted to do it and so did others.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Unbef'inlievable. Where are the x-rays and medical reports? Otherwise ill just assume he's pulling the Gaylord Gaye schtick with the phony injury.

This is the THIRD time Fury has trained hard for a fight for nothing. Why can't they find a reasonable substitute? They were going to do just that for Chagaev. Briggs wanted to do it and so did others.
Right, Wolfman. I hope they scramble and find a respectable replacement for Tyson. Lennox Lewis did it when Vitali stepped in as a replacement. If I was Tyson, I would demand x-rays and medical report from an accredited doctor. Absent this, never give chimpsoraus another payday. F him.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Tony Thompson would be a good replacement. Someone that is legit.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I don't buy it. First pussy Haye bails on Fury not once but twice and now the african criminal "Englishman" does the same. I bet the replacement Fury fights will be some bum. Fury is trying to fight legit competition but he's getting screwed. Meanwhile Great black dope Wilder already has an upcoming title fight after beating all tomato cans.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
From Fury's Twitter page. Don't know what it means. So is he fighting a last minute substitute then? He should be. People bought all those expensive tickets don't want to just see some crappy undercard.

Tyson Luke Fury @Tyson_Fury · 1h

Great workout thismorning followed by a Sunbed & a jacket potato. Feeling on fire. Can't wait for Saturday don't know who am fighting yet.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Fury will be fighting SOMEBODY Saturday after all, and the Chisora fight is postponed until September, which proves that Chisora, like Haye, was faking his injury, because fractured hands don't heal that quickly.

white is right

Hall of Famer
From Fury's Twitter page. Don't know what it means. So is he fighting a last minute substitute then? He should be. People bought all those expensive tickets don't want to just see some crappy undercard.

Tyson Luke Fury @Tyson_Fury · 1h

Great workout thismorning followed by a Sunbed & a jacket potato. Feeling on fire. Can't wait for Saturday don't know who am fighting yet.

I can't see any threatening opponent fighting Fury with the rematch lined up for the fall. Maybe McDermott III or something along those lines. Ps Chisora probably has a hairline fracture in his hand, so the healing will be less than a clean break, plus with a clean break the swelling and pain would be much more and obvious.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Not bad at all and that is confidence, Ustinov while ponderous and slow he did retire David Tua. He could in theory upset the apple cart if he is in fighting shape. :thumbup:

I agree. Much more interesting fight than I had anticipated. Two giants. That blowhard Shanon Briggs turned down the fight. He said he only wants to fight Wlad. Deathwish I guess.

amoeba man

Guru
Risky fight for Fury to take on short notice which makes it interesting.Ustinov is massive at 6ft8 the opposite of Chisora.Fury cant fight Ustinov the way he did with Cunningham or Abell

amoeba man

Guru
There are rumors David Haye could be fighting Briggs in his comeback fight.Briggs will likely be knocked out and hurt badly in that fight.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
There are rumors David Haye could be fighting Briggs in his comeback fight.Briggs will likely be knocked out and hurt badly in that fight.

What, is that idiot un-retiring again!?

Fury on his Twitter page:

"I Believe Ustinov is a step up from chisora only lost 1 to pulev"

I agree.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
What, is that idiot un-retiring again!?

Fury on his Twitter page:

"I Believe Ustinov is a step up from chisora only lost 1 to pulev"

I agree.

I agree too. I think Ustinov is a pretty large step up actually. Chisora stood very little chance against Fury, but Ustinov could KO, or outpoint him. Its really not a good situation for Fury. Its lose lose. If he wins so what? If he loses its devastating to his career.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
WW - If he beats Ustinov quicker than Pulev did it will be a big boost to his rep, making him the clear number 2 in the world, and should ensure him a match with Wlad. This is a real interesting matchup, much more so than the chimp would have been. Anybody know what time it will take place - that is Real Time, where I am - ET will do - and where to catch it?

Good sigs.

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube;7E5dzBeo0L8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7E5dzBeo0L8[/video]

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Full press conference from today:

[video=youtube;cAjMcIOKA2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cAjMcIOKA2Y[/video]

werewolf

Hall of Famer
[h=1]Ustinov outweighs Fury by 23lbs[/h] [FONT=Arial Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT] Tyson Fury 257 vs. Alexander Ustinov 280

By the way, Fury's younger brother, Young Fury, just turned pro. Won his first fight vs. a professional loser. That makes three of them now.