Transfer Portal News

I thought someone would beat me to this as I am not a huge qb fan but Michigan's Kade McNamara is going to Iowa. I mean absolutely fantastic news. I hope Ferentz can change the offense to utilize his skill set. Cmon Steele make my year.

Red Raider

Mentor
Committed transfers as of December 13.

QB
Austin Reed - staying at Western Kentucky
Brett Gabbert - staying at Miami (Ohio)
Daniel Greek - Mississippi State to Tarleton State
Cade McNamara - Michigan to Iowa
Jacob Conover - BYU to Arizona State
Billy Wiles - Clemson to Southern Miss
Collin Schlee - Kent State to UCLA

RB
Cameron Skattebo - Sacramento State to Arizona State

WR
Jake Smith - USC to Arizona State

TE
Jackson Long - USF to Georgia Tech
Weston Wolff - Maryland to USF
McCallan Castles - UC Davis to Tennessee
Tanner Arkin - Colorado State to Illinois
Kyle Morlock - Shorter to Florida State

OL
Luke Kandra - Louisville to Cincinatti
Byron Broadway - Georgia State to Georgia Southern
Campbell Barrington - BYU to Baylor
Reed Buys - Mississippi State to South Alabama
Tyden Farris - Central Michigan to Georgia State
Jake Hornibrook - Stanford to Duke
Tanner Bowles - Alabama to Kentucky
Kevin Pyne - Boston College to Rhode Island
Joshua Braun - Florida to Arkansas

DL
Coleman Coco - Colgate to Rice
Jake Heimlicher - Penn to UCLA
Tristan Monday - Wisconsin to Arizona State
Zach Durfee - Sioux Falls to Washington

LB
Tate Romney - BYU to Arizona State
Justin Wright - Tulsa to Oklahoma State
Ryan Selig - Western Michigan to Minnesota

Last edited:

Red Raider

Mentor
RB Cameron Skattebo is transferring to Arizona State. Wow ASU is getting all the transfers, so far a white QB, RB, WR, DE, & LB have all committed to transfer to Arizona State.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
RB Cameron Skattebo is transferring to Arizona State. Wow ASU is getting all the transfers, so far a white QB, RB, WR, DE, & LB have all committed to transfer to Arizona State.

Glad to see him land in the PAC 12. Hopefully the new regime at Arizona St cleans up the mess that Herm Edwards created.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
ASU doing a complete 360 with their transfer Portal haul. I'm guessing they're trying to right the "locker room culture".

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good example of using the transfer Portal towards your advantage.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Nebraska gets the odd looking quota transfer from Ga Tech. Rhule's going to ruin Nebraska during his hopefully short time there.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
ASU doing a complete 360 with their transfer Portal haul. I'm guessing they're trying to right the "locker room culture".

I'm pleasantly suprised. We know these things would not have happened if Herm Edwards were still there. I'm glad he
was fired and they are being a little more fair to our guys.

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks Red Raider for condensing the list!

Arizona State will be must see TV with the additions of RB Cameron Skatebo and WR Jake Smith.

LB Jackson LaDuke transferred from Oregon to Nevada

WR Colby Bowman (Stanford) and WR Reece Smith (West Virginia) are in the Transfer Portal

Red Raider

Mentor
DT Bill Norton - Georgia to Arizona
TE Nick Elksnis - Florida to South Carolina
WR Jack Bech - LSU to TCU

Carson Steele is apparently visiting UCLA this weekend. UCLA just picked up Kent State transfer QB Collin Schlee who is expected to fight for the starting job but a five star quota also just committed there

Rocky B

Master
Has anyone mentioned TJ McDaniel (SMU running back, for the new guys) entering the portal? He has two years of eligibility remaining. I’m sure the kid wants to play football. After all of the injury plagued years, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go small school just to get some pads cracking. Good luck kid

Red Raider

Mentor
S Jack Henderson transfers from Southeastern Louisiana to Minnesota. He’s 6’3” 205lbs and was very productive in the FCS (I’m assuming that’s what Southeastern Louisiana is). Hopefully he can earn some playing time as well as 2022 transfer CB Ryan Stapp.

QB Devin Leary - NC State to Kentucky
OT Tommy Brockermeyer - Alabama to TCU
QB Layne Hatcher - Tx State to Ball State
QB Christian Veilleux - Penn State to Pitt
QB Haynes King - Texas A&M to Georgia Tech
OT Brant Banks - Nebraska to Rice
OT Andrej Karic - Texas to Tennessee
LB Tyler Grubbs - Louisiana Tech to Tulane
DT Josh Jerome - Eastern Washington to Hawaii
TE Josh Cuevas - Cal Poly to Washington (NFL Potential)

Ivy League OL making moves
OT Nick Gargiulo - Yale to South Carolina
OG Ben Hoitink - Penn to Duke
C Trevor Radosevich - Penn to Cincinatti

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Two former Indiana players transfer to Michigan - QB Jack Tuttle and TE AJ Barner.

I also noticed Colorado got a transfer from a black Dartmouth player. Will Deion be recruiting any of the better White athletes from the ivy league? We all know the answer to that.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I think the amount of kids transferring now is an indication of how unimportant the educational experience is for them relative to playing college football. It was probably always the case, but this change just seems to make it more obvious.

If these teams had a way of standing alone I guess they would do so. Be interesting to see if that is next evolution somehow

white is right

Hall of Famer
I think the amount of kids transferring now is an indication of how unimportant the educational experience is for them relative to playing college football. It was probably always the case, but this change just seems to make it more obvious.

If these teams had a way of standing alone I guess they would do so. Be interesting to see if that is next evolution somehow
I could see clubs representing the school similar to a intermural team but competitive. As for school the stats are glaring only about 1 percent of college players make the NFL and if you include the CFL and if any of the spring leagues hang around then you could probably boost that to 1.5 percent.

Even if you are an elite player unless you are an early round lock schooling or learning a trade should be your top priority.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Getting a degree could be a priority but I’m guessing the of the 99 percent of d1 players that don’t go pro. The black players probably graduate a lot less frequently also.

Red Raider

Mentor
QB JT Daniels is transferring from West Virginia to Rice. His 4th school. Who would’ve ever thought a #1 ranked 5 star QB would play at Rice?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
QB JT Daniels is transferring from West Virginia to Rice. His 4th school. Who would’ve ever thought a #1 ranked 5 star QB would play at Rice?

Could be good for McCaffery!

QB Graham Mertz transfers to Florida.

Curious to see where McCall and Armstrong end up.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Carson Steele is apparently visiting UCLA this weekend. UCLA just picked up Kent State transfer QB Collin Schlee who is expected to fight for the starting job but a five star quota also just committed there
I doubt this happens now. They just signed Ferndale Washington who they are very high on his talent. Carson Steele would be
very stupid if he signed now but UCLA has not been a friend to white running backs in probably the last 50 years. There are far
better schools that Steele can go to. Just because he is just out of high school doesn't mean he won't get every chance to be the star.
Then add it all the other running backs they have. Just not a good team to go to.