San Francisco 49ers General Thread

Warhawk_46

Master
They are just eager for the anomaly that is a super productive white running back to disappear

I really hope Louis Rees-Zammit becomes mccaffrey 2.0
Will Shipley is our next feature back.

I think we all believe strongly that Carson Steele, if he gets a chance, has the ability to be a very good feature back as well.

Louis Rees-Zammit has all the ability in the world. Will have to see how it translates into the nuances of American football.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Brock Wright gets a nice offer sheet to back up George Kittle:

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the 49ers’ offer sheet for Brock Wright is worth $12 million over three years.
The Lions initially tendered Wright on a one-year, $3 million contract his offseason. The tender allows Wright to seek a better offer but still gives Detroit a chance to match. Now they have to choose between letting Wright walk or signing him to a three-year, $12 million deal. It’s a good contract for a backup tight end, but Wright has earned more than a one-year contract. In addition to his backup duties, Wright is a strong blocker and plays plenty on special teams.

https://nfltraderumors.co/lions-matching-49ers-offer-sheet-on-te-brock-wright/

Lions match the offer sheet. Hopefully the 49ers get one of the talented White TEs in the draft.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

They say there are better running backs in rushing yet McCaffrey led the league in rushing. It's one game and they act like he
could never go for over 100 yards against the Chiefs. Lie, lie, rinse repeat and lie some more. Lame stream media.

Warhawk_46

Master
One of the things that pisses me off the most… he rushed for over 300 yards more than the next best running back in the league this year and then had an outstanding playoffs. The Chiefs sold out to ensure McCaffrey wouldn’t beat them and he still compiled 160 all purpose yards.

He is the best runner in the league by nearly every metric. He is also the best receiving running back.

And he is the #1 focus of every defense they play against.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
One of the things that pisses me off the most… he rushed for over 300 yards more than the next best running back in the league this year and then had an outstanding playoffs. The Chiefs sold out to ensure McCaffrey wouldn’t beat them and he still compiled 160 all purpose yards.

He is the best runner in the league by nearly every metric. He is also the best receiving running back.

And he is the #1 focus of every defense they play against.
In terms of all around talent there really isn’t a close second.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the 49ers current depth chart, Taylor has a chance to stick as the fourth or fifth receiver. He returns to the team where he made his mark as a rookie only to see his career ruined by injuries:

The 49ers have agreed to terms with Trent Taylor, formerly of the Bears, on a one-year deal.
Taylor returns to the 49ers for the first time since 2020. The past three seasons he spent time as a reserve for the Bears and Bengals. The 29-year old receiver had his best season in 2017 as a rookie (43-430-2) with the 49ers who originally drafted him. He’ll now look to stick in San Fransisco once again.

sprintstar

Master
Gotta say Mertz was running for his life on most of these hilights...4/5 sumo line. Like I said Pearsall is a burner with gifted hands.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I wish the 49ers had picked up some defensive players and some OL.
I am happy though that Pearsall and Schrader went to a team that has shown they are not afraid to use white players at these key positions.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ricky Pearsall worked very hard to overcome Caste System obstacles. He may or may not recognize the Caste System in football, but he worked his butt off and that combined with his abundant talent paid dividends. Not saying it can happen to every White aspiring football player at the verboten positions, but working to be twice as good as the Caste System's long-time beneficiaries is the mindset they need to have.

How 49ers’ Ricky Pearsall attacked his weakness and boosted his draft stock​

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good piece on Pearsall! Talent and drive, let's hope he gets involved early and often as a rookie.

sprintstar

Master
Good article. One paragraph that stood out was this one:

"Pearsall’s weight-room work to increase his strength was evident in his play. Last season he dwarfed his career-best totals with 65 catches for 965 yards. In 2022, his first season at Florida after transferring from Arizona State, he had 33 catches for 661 yards, despite playing with QB Anthony Richardson, the fourth overall pick in last year’s draft."

I highlighted the sentence in this paragraph that made choke on my sip of coffee lol Richardson is not a good QB...period. He made 33 catches for 661 yds despite having Richardson as his QB lol

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Good article. One paragraph that stood out was this one:

"Pearsall’s weight-room work to increase his strength was evident in his play. Last season he dwarfed his career-best totals with 65 catches for 965 yards. In 2022, his first season at Florida after transferring from Arizona State, he had 33 catches for 661 yards, despite playing with QB Anthony Richardson, the fourth overall pick in last year’s draft."

I highlighted the sentence in this paragraph that made choke on my sip of coffee lol Richardson is not a good QB...period. He made 33 catches for 661 yds despite having Richardson as his QB lol
Good catch. Yea, it was definitely a huge detriment to play with a RB at QB. The Ravens receivers never have impressive stats either….

El Gringo

Mentor
Here’s Pearsall working out with Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle. Pretty impressive stuff! To me Pearsall looks just as quick if not quicker.

jphoss

Mentor
Pearsall, who is 3 inches taller than hill, ran a 4.05 20 yard shuttle vs hill who ran a 4.06. Both great times but something we’ve documented countless times here that white athletes demonstrate better quickness and deceleration than black athletes. Lateral quickness and deceleration are both more important than straight line speed in all sports besides sprinting

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
From a report on the 49ers' OTAs:

Cody Schrader looks better every time I see him.​

This is something I keep hearing. RB Cody Schrader is an undrafted rookie, but he led the SEC in rushing last season. He's been overlooked and underrated his entire career. Could Head Coach Kyle Shanahan and RB coach Bobby Turner have found another gem at the position?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Niners just keep getting better. So many players to root for. They are becoming very similar to the Old Patriots. So pumped for
this fall. It's time for them to win it all. They have been so close the last several years.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another story about Schrader, filled with overly dramatic descriptions of his negatives. Well down in the article the 800 pound elephant in the room is identified, but of course it's a black dude who has to say it:

So why didn’t the 49ers — or any of the NFL’s 31 other teams — make Schrader one of the 257 players selected in April’s draft?

Luper, a former skeptic who became a true believer, gets it. Schrader isn’t particularly big (202 pounds) and ran a plodding 40-yard dash (4.61 seconds) before the draft. At the combine, his arm measurement (28-1/8 inches) was the shortest among 29 running backs and raised questions about his catching radius and ability to block blitzing linebackers.

Luper thinks those deficiencies helped obscure elite traits such as lightning-fast feet and X-ray vision. Those qualities explain why a back lacking blazing speed ranked second in FBS with 11 runs of 30-plus yards and was one of three players with 230-plus carries to average at least 5.9 yards an attempt.

Luper, who is black, also has said he believes Schrader’s skin color was a factor. Schrader was the first white running back to lead the SEC in rushing since Alabama’s Johnny Musso in 1971, according to ESPN. He also was just the second SEC rushing leader to go undrafted in the past 33 seasons (the other being Alabama’s Shaud Wiliams, 2003).

“He has a great story,” Luper said. “A phenomenal story. But he has a tremendous skill set.”

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Seems to be the MO in modern America. Gotta wait for a Black guy to say the obvious,before Whites can agree.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Seems to be the MO in modern America. Gotta wait for a Black guy to say the obvious,before Whites can agree.

Another caste system pattern only observed here.

Fact is Schrader was more than fast enough in the supposed best conference in college football. A 4.61 40 is certainly not "plodding" when it comes to black players. Only reason he was not drafted was because he is White. Ideally, we see McCaffery work with Schrader and support him. He could certainly be an effective running back in Shanahan's scheme.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
After noting Schrader's "plodding" time, which Leonardfan is right is in the average range for the position, the Black guy says Schrader has "lightning-fast feet and X-ray vision." Which is why he easily led the SEC in rushing and should be successful in the NFL if given an opportunity.

And it's too bad the article doesn't go any further than saying Schrader's race is part of the reason he wasn't drafted, as if it's self-explanatory. Why was his race a factor? Of course we know why but stating it at a surface level and nothing more doesn't do any good. What if a Black QB was the first one to lead the SEC in passing in 33 years and wasn't drafted? The glaringly obvious needs to be stated because the vast majority of DWFs won't consider it otherwise.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
Another caste system pattern only observed here.

Fact is Schrader was more than fast enough in the supposed best conference in college football. A 4.61 40 is certainly not "plodding" when it comes to black players. Only reason he was not drafted was because he is White. Ideally, we see McCaffery work with Schrader and support him. He could certainly be an effective running back in Shanahan's scheme.
I would hope so. McCaffrey knows as well as anyone the racism against white running backs. He would never out up with it against him. Hoping he takes Schrader under his wing if possible.