Roy Jones vs. Joe Calzaghe

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Joe's coming on. Unfortunately the two streams I'm watching break up so much it's hard to watchmuch of thefight.

Sean

Mentor
Joe's dominating so far, but caught a forearm to the nose in the first which put him down. Still, over the fight Joe's doing much better.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Joe is looking good. JOnes getting tired.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have a stream to watch that isn't stop and start?

Sean

Mentor
RJJ has a bad cut!

Sean

Mentor
They say its RJJ's worst cut in his career, doc looked at it between 8 and 9.

Joe's looking great!Edited by: Sean

Westside

Hall of Famer
The stream crashed what is happean?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
damn, the last stream just went. Anyone have a working stream?

Sean

Mentor
Joe wins by UD! A clear victory, and a great win.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN's blogger had Calzaghe taking every round after the first.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Do you know the scores Sean? I had one stream for the second half of the fight but the quality was so poor and then it went down. I did see alot of blood on Roy's face.

Sean

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Do you know the scores Sean? I had one stream for the second half of the fight but the quality was so poor and then it went down. I did see alot of blood on Roy's face.

All 3 judges had it 118-109, clear win for Joe!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow. Joe really dominated the fight. He had an easier time than with Hopkins. That knockdown wasn't really a knockdown I believe. Joe got hit with a forearm. Other than the first round every other round was Joe's. Did you guys see how he was mocking Jones? He was putting his hands down and just laughing at Jones almost the whole fight. He should have had a UD in the Hopkins fight but that racist black judge Byrd scored it 114-113 for Hopkins.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Sean

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Wow. Joe really dominated the fight. He had an easier time than with Hopkins. That knockdown wasn't really a knockdown I believe. Joe got hit with a forearm. Other than the first round every other round was Joe's. Did you guys see how he was mocking Jones? He was putting his hands down and just laughing at Jones almost the whole fight. He should have had a UD in the Hopkins fight but that racist black judge Byrd scored it 114-113 for Hopkins.

Joe's mocking of Jones was classic. I'm not a fan of showboating, but Joe has made it an art. RJJ was famous for it, but he couldn't keep up with Joe. It was funny in the closing rounds, RJJ tried to taunt Joe, but was barely able to stand! Calzaghe is the greatest fighter of his generation.

Also, a bit off the subject, but I take this fight as a makeup fight for Jones never fighting Michaelczewski. The Tiger would have knocked out Roy if he would have taken the fight, but RJJ ducked him. While Dariusz never got to fight Jones, Calzaghe, instead, became the first white fighter to beat Jones (and Hopkins).

Westside

Hall of Famer
Gentelman this is a great night for us. Joe dominating the blk superman. That first round, Joe got hit by a forearm. I could not believe it.

After, viewing the 3rd round I knew this fight would be in Joe's favor. Too bad that stream went down, in the 8th. Oh well, I will tape it next saturday.

Joe is a great fighter and a man who can hold up the white man's esteem while other whites fawn over BO. Seriously, I would have been in a state of Depression had he lost. What a great performance. Watch, the MSM will center on RJJ's age of 40 being the reason he was toyed with. F..k them.

Again thanks to WA for allowing me to view the first 7 rounds and to Don for creating this site for us. A truelly wonderful night.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes the media will downplay the win because of Jones's age. They will say had this fight happened 6 years ago Calzaghe would lose. I don't buy that. Joe had a very easy time with Jones. Also Calzaghe isn't young as he's 36. Thats only 3 years younger than Jones.I also don't want to hear anyone saying Joe slaps again. All you have to do is look at Roy's face.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Max Kellerman was doing his usual white fighter-discrediting, emphasizing Jones age, but never mentioning that Joe is almost age 37.

I was surprised that Julie Lederman scored 11 rounds for Joe though, even though Joe clearly won all 11 and dominated the last 10.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Hopkins is thinking, "Dam this white boy just beat RJJ and me!" If I am Joe and f..k you to hopkins on a rematch, and wait for the winner of Pavlik/Abarham. At this point, I think Abraham has a shot of KOing Pavlik. Abraham will lose to Joe, no question.

Congrats Joe!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I think Joe stated this is his last fight. I would like to see him destroy Chad Dawson as everyone claims Dawson is great.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Well I am not one to brag or gloat but....what the hell! With all of those a-holes around these days, and even some seem to make it to post on this website, I will say: I TOLD YOU SO. EXACTLY SO. READ MY POST ON PAGE ONE.
smiley4.gif

Fair play to Joe for slamming another black fighter in front of the whole world. At 46-0 he is the greatest super middle to light heavy of this generation. Calzaghe is -as we say in french- le non pareil, the uncomparable.

Sean

Mentor
It's funny but a lot of boards I'm reading, people are mad at Joe's showboating. Of course they didn't complain about the many MANY black fighters who showboat. They refuse to give Joe credit, but regardless, he is the BEST FIGHTER IN THE WORLD!
smiley32.gif

BTW, good prediction mapleleaf
smiley2.gif