Pittsburgh Steelers General Thread

Rocky B

Master
Tanner Muse is a Steeler!
I was reading how the Steelers new ILB coach came from Seattle and must’ve had some input in getting him....The article also said how the one game Muse started he graded an 89 on PFF....Best on the team......

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Muse has yet to get anything close to a legit shot in the NFL, maybe he will this season if newly signed Elandon Roberts bombs, and looking at his career stats there's a pretty good chance he will. Muse and Holcomb manning the inside with Watt on the outside would be fun to see.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pickett was cutting a commercial for a car dealership when the perp stole his SUV right from the dealer's lot. The local TV station video report about it of course has a woman saying how wonderful her neighbor the perp is.

Man charged after Steelers QB Kenny Pickett’s SUV stolen in Monroeville​

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nick Herbig so far is playing only at outside linebacker though the team has mentioned the possibility of eventually moving him inside. That's what I'd like to see happen as he should adapt to it quickly and he has an opportunity there to supplant the mediocre Elandon Roberts and start next to Cole Holcomb. Holcomb and Herbig on the inside, T. J. Watt on the edge, for the NFL that would be a pretty good defense to root for!

Nick Herbig Has Impressive Week at Steelers OTAs​

The Pittsburgh Steelers rookie linebacker has turned some heads at practice.

by Noah Strackbein

The Pittsburgh Steelers' rookie class has impressed early at OTAs, and another name has added himself to the list of performers early in the summer.

Fourth-round pick Nick Herbig hasn't taken much time to catch on with the defense. The outside linebacker knew T.J. Watt before he arrived, and met Alex Highsmith before coming to Pittsburgh, and has put all of their help into a basket and ran with it through three weeks of practice.

"He's been great so far," Highsmith told All Steelers. "He's a hardworking guy. Just excited for the value he's going to add to our defense, our outside linebacker room. He's out here rushing hard and learning rushes consistently, so he's going to bring juice."

Herbig's focus is on making plays, and he told All Steelers he doesn't keep track of how many he does make in a given day. During the third week of the team's OTAs, though, he had a "few."

His focus at this stage is to learn. He has three veterans around him, plenty of NFL coaches, and guidance from any direction he needs it. So, as he's making plays on the field, he's looking at the veterans to make those plays bigger.

"Just being around guys like T.J. and Highsmith, even MG [Markus Golden], there's a few guys right there that are proven in this league. The vets. They're a force to be wrecking with," Herbig said. "Just being around guys like that and learn as much knowledge as I can as far as pass rush reminds, just the way they go about their day too. That's big time for me."

Without pads on, outside linebackers can only do so much, but his veteran leaders in Watt and Highsmith are assuring he learns the ropes as quickly as possible.

And at this rate, he looks like another rookie who's going to make plays for the Steelers this season.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
https://nfltraderumors.co/steelers-working-out-lb-nick-kwiatkoski/

Steelers trying out perennial caste victim Nick Kwiatkoski. No one can really argue that his career has been stunted due to anti-White discrimination. In his spot starts/playing time with the Bears he always flashed ability, made an impact and showed he was more than capable of being a full time starter. During his stint in Oakland he played well in 2020 before getting injured in 2021 and cut by genius junior Josh McDaniels.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Anyone know who Steelers LB Coach is? I’d say he’s partial to honkey LBs!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've been following the Steelers long enough, through the endless regimes of Caste clowns Cowher and Tomlin, to be from Missouri when it comes to the linebackers. I'll wait and see how many make the team and what their playing time is once the season begins.

Watt and Holcomb are obviously sure things, but beyond that there's the perpetually screwed Muse and Kwiatkoski and the rookie Herbig. I'd say Kwiatkoski is a long shot to make the roster at this point, and Muse's playing time may be blocked by second year ILB Mark Robinson, a "raw" seventh round draft pick last year who is getting a lot of positive hype. Muse also may not even make the team as a WSTD.

Would like to see Herbig get playing time as a rookie but he's blocked by Alex Highsmith who's a good rushing OLB who starts with Watt. Highsmith's rookie contract ends this season so watch and see if the team decides to re-sign him for big bucks or lets him walk. If it's the latter then they feel Herbig has shown enough to replace him, though Herbig's best position is probably inside, where he could replace journeyman Elandon Roberts down the line. Roberts is likely a one-year stopgap starter, if that.

The ultimate positive shake-out would be Watt and Herbig on the outside with Holcomb on the inside and possibly Muse or Kwiatkoski also starting next to him, but all of us who follow the NFL know that's unlikely. Even three starting White LBs would be great, but under Mike "Head Coach for Life" Tomlin?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I've been following the Steelers long enough, through the endless regimes of Caste clowns Cowher and Tomlin, to be from Missouri when it comes to the linebackers. I'll wait and see how many make the team and what their playing time is once the season begins.

Watt and Holcomb are obviously sure things, but beyond that there's the perpetually screwed Muse and Kwiatkoski and the rookie Herbig. I'd say Kwiatkoski is a long shot to make the roster at this point, and Muse's playing time may be blocked by second year ILB Mark Robinson, a "raw" seventh round draft pick last year who is getting a lot of positive hype. Muse also may not even make the team as a WSTD.

Would like to see Herbig get playing time as a rookie but he's blocked by Alex Highsmith who's a good rushing OLB who starts with Watt. Highsmith's rookie contract ends this season so watch and see if the team decides to re-sign him for big bucks or lets him walk. If it's the latter then they feel Herbig has shown enough to replace him, though Herbig's best position is probably inside, where he could replace journeyman Elandon Roberts down the line. Roberts is likely a one-year stopgap starter, if that.

The ultimate positive shake-out would be Watt and Herbig on the outside with Holcomb on the inside and possibly Muse or Kwiatkoski also starting next to him, but all of us who follow the NFL know that's unlikely. Even three starting White LBs would be great, but under Mike "Head Coach for Life" Tomlin?

I personally would love to see the white uptick in players on the Steerlers. The one thing puzzling has always been why they are so anti white
on offense even back in the Terry Bradshaw Days. Other than Rocky Blier I don't remember whites at the wide receivers for decades. They had
Franco Harris at rb but he was only half white so I don't count that. Other than at the quarterback they just seem like a team that does not
believe whites can excel catching the ball. I always hope to see this change but like the coal mininig it's set in stone. At least we can continue
to see our guys flying to the ball and making hits like a wrecking ball. I can't even imagine a guy like TJ Watt at full speed coming after me.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Steelers have had mostly White tight ends for the past 50 years. Eric Green, who overall was a disappointment after being a first round pick (out of Liberty!), is the only black one I can think of off the top of my head. In fact, the basic Steelers starting lineup under both Cowher and Tomlin has been a White QB (other than Kordell Stewart), a White o-linemen or two, a White TE and occasionally a White DL or LB. Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel both started as 3-4 down linemen for several years and were both very good and always quite under-rated, especially Smith. But for the most part the Steelers have kept the same Caste template in place under Cowher and Tomlin, which is why I'm hoping for the best at LB but won't be surprised in the least if it doesn't work out that way.

The Steelers dynasty of the 1970s featured 11 White starters most years, seven on offense four on defense.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Steelers have had mostly White tight ends for the past 50 years. Eric Green, who overall was a disappointment after being a first round pick (out of Liberty!), is the only black one I can think of off the top of my head. In fact, the basic Steelers starting lineup under both Cowher and Tomlin has been a White QB (other than Kordell Stewart), a White o-linemen or two, a White TE and occasionally a White DL or LB. Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel both started as 3-4 down linemen for several years and were both very good and always quite under-rated, especially Smith. But for the most part the Steelers have kept the same Caste template in place under Cowher and Tomlin, which is why I'm hoping for the best at LB but won't be surprised in the least if it doesn't work out that way.

The Steelers dynasty of the 1970s featured 11 White starters most years, seven on offense four on defense.

I remember watching and rooting for them in the 70's. Yes they had offensive linemen, qb and tightends but even when I was little I questioned why they never had white receivers? I liked Lynn Swann and John Stalworth but you get the point. Even as a kid I knew
something wasn't right. I always had a racial awareness even more than my family. Happy I did back and then and still do.

The treatment of Danny Farmer shows how the team feels about whitey at speed postions. Reminds me of Al Davis and the Raiders who
also thought mostly that only the magical athletes could run like the wind and catch the ball. Davis said it's all about speed. Jimmy Johnson
always said the same. It's all just code & propaganda for anti white. Sorry just ranting a little today. I never give up hope for our guys though.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Swann and Stallworth were both Hall of Famers, so I never questioned it. Rocky Bleier was a starting White running back who would never get a sniff at the NFL today, and there were White receivers during the Noll era like Weegie Thompson, who played some but wasn't a star. Merrill Hoge was the starting running back for the last three years of Noll's reign, after Hoge there were no White starting RBs at all in the NFL for a number of years.

The Steelers didn't get fully on board the Caste train until Chuck Noll retired after the 1991 season and the repulsive wigger Bill Cowher was hired to replace him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
To what should be no one's surprise, Crissie Collinsworth's PFF doesn't like the new overachieving look of the Steelers' linebackers:

"Devin Bush, Myles Jack and Robert Spillane are gone. There’s Cole Holcomb, Elandon Roberts, Tanner Muse, and now Nick Kwiatkowski. It’s a new look, but is the room much better? Only time will tell.

"Pro Football Focus doesn’t believe the room will get much better, ranking the Steelers’ linebacker unit No. 24 in its latest position ranking piece heading into the 2023 season. Pittsburgh is just ahead of the Washington Commanders at No. 25 and just behind the Arizona Cardinals at No. 23. According to the PFF rankings, the Steelers are the fourth worst linebacker unit in the AFC, right behind the Las Vegas Raiders, Tennessee Titans, and Houston Texans. Not good!"

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Last I checked Pittsburgh has the lowest paid OL room. I sense that will be their Achilles heel this season.

In contrast, the LB room is underpaid (minus TJ) and will most likely overachieve and be a good bargain buy. Good $ ball move by Steelers imo.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Aaron Curry is the Steelers' new linebackers coach. Remember him? Drafted fourth overall in 2009 to great hype. Turned out to be a colossal bust who only lasted four years in the league.

I remember reading over and over about how "NFL ready" Curry supposedly was, a moniker which seems to often be the kiss of death when applied to Black prospects.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Aaron Curry is the Steelers' new linebackers coach. Remember him? Drafted fourth overall in 2009 to great hype. Turned out to be a colossal bust who only lasted four years in the league.

I remember reading over and over about how "NFL ready" Curry supposedly was, a moniker which seems to often be the kiss of death when applied to Black prospects.

He’s an all time bust. I remember the hype around him. You hit the nail on the head Don. Why is he not ridiculed on an annual basis like Tony Mandarich or Ryan Leaf?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
He’s an all time bust. I remember the hype around him. You hit the nail on the head Don. Why is he not ridiculed on an annual basis like Tony Mandarich or Ryan Leaf?
His career stats are far worse than Mike Mamula, who would be comparable as they both were supposed to rush the QB. Will normies ever understand the obvious agenda in sports?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Lmao Aaron Curry can really teach TJ Watt a thing or two.. Caste System Affirmative Action strikes again.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member