Pittsburgh Steelers General Thread

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Steelers have the cheapest OL in The League. Potentially bad news for Trubisky and Pickett..

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/202...sive-line-could-cost-them-dearly-in-2022.html

The Steelers have the most expensive defense in the league and the least expensive offense, going by salaries. Their run defense was non-existent last year, reminiscent of the Big 12, and the D in general isn't going to be improved this year either. But the DWFs of course are obsessed with how soon Trubisky will be replaced by Kenny Pickett. NFL defenses are all pretty bad, but don't dare question why 90%+ of them are Black year after year, decade after decade.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Could be a rough year for Pittsburgh. Right now over/under for their season is 7.5 wins!

Plus they sold out their namesake and it's no longer Heinz Field. The things these Shabbos Goys do for shekels.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Steelers' game plan is to have Mitch Trubisky start this season, and then turn the reins over to Kenny Pickett next year, unless Trubisky turns out to be too good to sit down, or so bad that Pickett is promoted early. Hard to know where Mason Rudolph fits in other than as the third stringer despite being talented and having a very good camp so far according to reports. If Trubisky stumbles Rudolph could end up being the starter at some point in 2022 though that's unlikely. Pickett started a bit slow but is coming on:

Steelers Camp Takeaways: Kenny Pickett Spectacular on Thursday

Do not worry about Kenny Pickett at Steelers camp. If Thursday is any indication, the growth and maturation of the rookie quarterback could be happening right in front of everyone’s eyes in Latrobe. Pickett’s growth has actually been somewhat linear to this point after an extremely rough first week of practice. Now, he is putting together a solid week into the beginning of August.

Pickett zipped balls all over the field on Thursday which was impressive. Is his arm strength ever going to be elite? Probably not. Still, Pickett’s got just enough arm strength to make some real magic happen. On Thursday, it seemed like he was dialed in on another level. Up to this point in his career, this is likely the best practice of Pickett’s young NFL career. https://steelersnow.com/steelers-camp-takeaways-kenny-pickett-looks-spectacular-on-thursday/

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Staff member
I'm torn as to who I want to win the starting qb job. I guess I will slightly root for Trubisky as he got screwed over in Chicago like so many of our guys do on that team. The Bears are Unbearable to watch for us here for the most part. I
would like to see Trubisky prove all the haters wrong. I like white duel threat quarterbacks as it goes against the narrative of whites being athletic. Try telling Josh Allen that. Lmao. We know whites can be stars at any position from
rb to cb to quarterback and more. All they need is for a team to believe in them. The Steelers are in a Win/Win Situation having both of these young stud qb's. Let the best man win but I'm quietly rooting for Mitch to win the starting job.

El Gringo

Mentor
I’m with you on Mitch for the reasons you mentioned. He has caught so much hell for being drafted before Mahommes it would be great to see him succeed.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Mitch Trubisky has been named one of the captains for the Steelers. Great news that the team really is getting behind him. We all know he has
the talent with his arm and his legs. Hoping for a very solid year as his knowledge of the offense gets better and leads to many wins!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The fans will be ready to turn on Trubisky in an instant as Pitt product Kenny Pickett is the current people's choice. Steelers fans are notorious for disliking White QBs with a passion. They'll turn on Pickett too if he starts and the team struggles. Big Ben was a frequent target of criticism even as he carried the team on his broad shoulders for a number of years.

The best case scenario for this year is that Trubisky does well and is then traded to a team that will start him as the Steelers turn to their first round draft choice Pickett, who is already 24 years old.

At least all three QBs on the team are White. Mason Rudolph is talented and he may be traded or sign as a free agent elsewhere in the offseason as this is the last year of his rookie deal. Unfortunately he's already been labeled as a backup because of his lack of opportunities so far.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The fans will be ready to turn on Trubisky in an instant as Pitt product Kenny Pickett is the current people's choice. Steelers fans are notorious for disliking White QBs with a passion. They'll turn on Pickett too if he starts and the team struggles. Big Ben was a frequent target of criticism even as he carried the team on his broad shoulders for a number of years.

The best case scenario for this year is that Trubisky does well and is then traded to a team that will start him as the Steelers turn to their first round draft choice Pickett, who is already 24 years old.

At least all three QBs on the team are White. Mason Rudolph is talented and he may be traded or sign as a free agent elsewhere in the offseason as this is the last year of his rookie deal. Unfortunately he's already been labeled as a backup because of his lack of opportunities so far.
Yeah Don, Trubisky needs to perform well, but I'm really looking forward to watching Pickett. I got see him live in Winston-Salem when my daughter was at Wake Forest. As an old Dallas Cowboy fan, I can't believe I'm saying I'm looking forward to watching the Steelers, BUT I am.

booth

Mentor
The Steelers signed Zack VanValkenburg a DE from Iowa and assigned him to the practice squad.
ESPN has already started the bench Trubisky talk. Patrick Canty said Pickett could not be any worse than Trubisky. Two games into the season and they are ready to bench him.

American Freedom News