Philadelphia Eagles General Thread

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ha, ha, ha, all this after one good season. The odds are better that he'll be Lamar Jackson Jr. rather than Mahomes Jr.

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the price has "likely gone to $50 million a year or more" for Eagles QB Jalen Hurts.​

Eagles GM Howie Roseman said the team hopes to sign Hurts early in the offseason. With Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson all due extensions, the Eagles want to get out ahead on Hurts, who is in the final year of his contract. Hurts doesn't have a fifth-year option as a second-round pick and is likely to be the first of the QB extensions. Hurts' contract could be structured similar to the deal the Eagles gave Carson Wentz in 2019, with Hurts signing a four-year deal with 80% of it guaranteed.
Please do Howie.

icsept

Master
Lane Johnson gets a much deserved $33 million contract for the upcoming season. He’s an absolute beast and hasn’t given up a sack in either of the last 2 seasons. Played the last few games this year with a torn adductor muscle. His wife was a high jumper at OU.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Eagles as of now will have a 4/5 White o-line this season, with only the Poly Mailata starting at LT. Reed Blankenship is listed as the starter at free safety, and of course Dallas Goedert is one of the better tight ends in the league. Nothing to get excited about but still better than a fair amount of teams in the Caste NFL.

ESPN's Tim McManus writes that OG Cam Jurgens is the favorite to take over the Eagles starting right guard job.​

Isaac Seumalo signed with the Steelers in free agency, and Jurgens was a second-round pick in 2022 that the team was supposedly grooming to be Jason Kelce's replacement at center. That could still eventually happen, but Jurgens is also the best candidate the Eagles have to start in Seumalo's place at the moment. It looks like the second-year player will have a real role in 2023.

jphoss

Mentor
I still remember when the eagles were trotting out Pinkston and Thrash as wr. People really didn’t question how there really weren’t any white wr better than those 2 plus freddie mitchell! I include myself on that group and looking back I can’t believe i believed “the best players play”

Todd Pinkston? Lol. That guy was like 6'3" and 160 lbs. They'll fudge and say he was heavier than that but I never believed it. Talk about a guy who didn't believe in weight training. He wanted his cake and to eat it too, without over exerting himself to get it.

The Eagles went after some strangely sized guys. CB Mark McMillian at 5'6" and 150 lbs. And he wasn't even very fast. He was on a lot of highlight reels for the other team. Only person that would fear him would've been Pinkston. Lol.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Todd Pinkston? Lol. That guy was like 6'3" and 160 lbs. They'll fudge and say he was heavier than that but I never believed it. Talk about a guy who didn't believe in weight training. He wanted his cake and to eat it too, without over exerting himself to get it.

Oh man I remember Pinkston and the eagles garbage receiving corps in the early 2000s. I went to school in pa and many friends were eagles fans so I always took an opportunity to mock them (this was back before my total caste system awareness). I can still remember a MNF broadcast and Joe Theisman stating Pinkston had “alligator body” because he just gave up completely on a pass. Thrash was another mediocre player and Mitchell made one big catch but was otherwise a first round bust.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Bucky

Hall of Famer
His INT off Rodgers last season was pretty sweet! A bright spot for Philly!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Our Lads currently has him listed as the starting free safety. Fingers crossed. . . I predict if he does start he'll be among the top ten safeties in the league this season in tackles and assists, and will make some big plays to go with it.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I guess Devon Allen is still an Eagle. I thought they had cut him.

Yeah, 3rd fastest 110M hurdles ever. Must be a slot receiver! It will be interesting to see what he decides if he (most likely) makes the World Championships in August.

jphoss

Mentor
Our Lads currently has him listed as the starting free safety. Fingers crossed. . . I predict if he does start he'll be among the top ten safeties in the league this season in tackles and assists, and will make some big plays to go with it.
To be a white defensive player, let alone a db, you have to play at a near pro bowl level. Looking forward to him making plays this year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I guess Devon Allen is still an Eagle. I thought they had cut him.

Despite being in his early 30's Devon Allen can flat out fly. Will the Eagles actually play him more than special teams. We will
see but we know how they treat our players very unfairly and we have decades of proof from every team in the league.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

icsept

Master

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another glowing report on Blankenship:

Ten thoughts from Eagles camp: Myles Jack gets starter reps, Reed Blankenship standing out - The Athletic
5. The play of the day came when safety Reed Blankenship sprinted toward the sideline while in coverage on a deep pass to Quez Watkins to make a diving interception on a pass from Hurts. Blankenship kept his feet inbounds for the takeaway. He showed range, instincts and ball skills on the play — and it was evidence why my view on the safety competition has changed. Entering camp, I thought Terrell Edmunds and Sydney Brown would be the top two safeties and Blankenship would play in three-safety looks. I was wrong. Blankenship is the top safety on the team this summer, and he’s been the constant in the group. It’s similar to Marcus Epps last season — other players cycle into different spots on the depth chart, but not Blankenship. It’s perhaps a cognitive bias of mine to associate him as an undrafted player. If you didn’t know his history and simply watched practices, you’d leave convinced he’s the Eagles’ top player at the position.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Imagine if someone believed in Blankenship and drafted him in the 4th rd! That Pale skin pigeon holed him as a UDFA but results on the field prove otherwise.. Weird how that happens.

Very happy for Blankenship!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
So an undrafted free agent from a lower tier college program manages to shine when given an opportunity and is the only white guy on the eagles defense?

Yeah, that’s a total coincidence!

TwentyTwo

Master
Another glowing report on Blankenship:

Ten thoughts from Eagles camp: Myles Jack gets starter reps, Reed Blankenship standing out - The Athletic
5. The play of the day came when safety Reed Blankenship sprinted toward the sideline while in coverage on a deep pass to Quez Watkins to make a diving interception on a pass from Hurts. Blankenship kept his feet inbounds for the takeaway. He showed range, instincts and ball skills on the play — and it was evidence why my view on the safety competition has changed. Entering camp, I thought Terrell Edmunds and Sydney Brown would be the top two safeties and Blankenship would play in three-safety looks. I was wrong. Blankenship is the top safety on the team this summer, and he’s been the constant in the group. It’s similar to Marcus Epps last season — other players cycle into different spots on the depth chart, but not Blankenship. It’s perhaps a cognitive bias of mine to associate him as an undrafted player. If you didn’t know his history and simply watched practices, you’d leave convinced he’s the Eagles’ top player at the position.
Knew Blankenship was gonna be special when he had the diving INT(vs. Syracuse) his Freshman season at Middle Tennessee. (A school where previously very few whites ever played on Defense.) Hard to believe that was 2017!

Have always been on the lookout for white skill players from a young age. It was amplified even more since coming on CF where i could share info! Did not want the "Safety" position to one day become like the Corner Back dinosaur talk. Hopefully Riley Moss & Cooper Dejean can make a dent!
THANKS AGAIN
59b85bd0a4120.image.jpg

Been fun following his journey since that July Summer Camp before his Freshman season! Going undrafted was just a speed bump even though he could have easily gone 4th-5th round imo. He led all college DB's in Tackles last season ! Dude is a solid football player plain n simple!

Last edited: