Peyton Hillis

Warhawk_46

Master
This article details he went into the water to pull his kids and another adult or two out of are likely riptide current. Apparently he thought there was one more person out there, so went out again. He then himself started struggling and had to be rescued.

Heroic actions by one of the favorites around here. This is a white man putting all his “toxic masculinity” to work.

I’m sure all of us men here would do the same for our families. Men (especially white men) get criticized by society day in and day out, but at the end of the day, men are the ones doing the heavy lifting.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
Apparently things are not improving and his kidneys are a huge cause of concern. He is reportedly still unconscious in the ICU and battling for his life.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
My goodness, this is awful. I'm hoping and praying he recovers. If anyone in the thread has more of an inside track, please keep us posted.

"A hero," she wrote. "So proud of this man and so incredibly grateful for family and this incredible hospital. Peyton is off the ventilator and is on the road to recovery. Please continue to pray for he’s still got a ways ahead of him, but thank you for all of your prayers and love and support thus far. It truly makes all the difference. Today was a good day."

WREG-TV reported earlier in the week Hillis was still dealing with kidney issues.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
So glad to hear this. Great news about his upswing and progress!

Warhawk_46

Master
Good news, sounds like Hillis will make a full recovery.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Good news, sounds like Hillis will make a full recovery.

That is great news. Glad he is doing well in his recovery.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That is great news. Glad he is doing well in his recovery.
He could probably still be better than a number of starting RBs in the league, especially if he lost weight as he should have done as his lack of speed post-2010 was one of the factors that led to his decline, very glad he pulled through a harrowing experience.

Flint

Mentor
Probably one of the few ex-NFL running backs that could have survived a swimming incident.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Along with Rob Konrad:

In the early 70s, O.J. Simpson took part (and won) the ABC "Superstars" contest. He didn't enter the swimming competition, saying, "If I tried to swim, I'd drown."

With that kind of strength and willpower you would think Rob Konrad would have been a highly successful ground gainer in the NFL, providing he was given a lot of carries.

Warhawk_46

Master
In case any of you men wanted to watch a great game. The 2010 Browns win over Nee England.

Peyton Hillis dominated and it was great to see Danny Woodhead making play on the NE side.

The Brown could have been something had they not fired Mangini after this season and brought in the caste-whore Holmgren.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
In case any of you men wanted to watch a great game. The 2010 Browns win over Nee England.

Peyton Hillis dominated and it was great to see Danny Woodhead making play on the NE side.

The Brown could have been something had they not fired Mangini after this season and brought in the caste-whore Holmgren.

This was Hillis’ best game of his career and one of my favorites that I’ve ever watched live. I happened to be in Massachusetts that weekend hanging with a college friend and his buddies who were all big Pats fans. I, of course, was rooting for Hillis and the Browns by extension.

Notice how both teams are extremely White by today’s standard. The Pats started 8 Whites on offense and 2 on defense. Brady, a snow plow, Welker and Woodhead (a dual starter at RB). Ninkovich and Wright on D. The Browns started 5 Whites on offense and 3.5 on defense. McCoy (a rookie that year), 3 lineman and Hillis. A DE, Fujita, Roth and a mixed with Asian guy.

PS - it’s funny seeing Gronk on special teams. He was a rookie that year and behind starter Alge Crumpler (LOL).

Warhawk_46

Master
A truly great game. I also found the complete game of the Brown Jets that season. Hillis was dominant in the first half and because the Browns were behind, didn’t get a whole lot of rushes in the second. But he was clearly the stud on the field. Even the announcers were singing his praises (probably too much for the small hats).

wile

Master

Back in the 90s when the Pack was at its zenith I knew that Holmgren was afflicted badly with the white savior mentality.