NFL News, Rumors and Musings

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This article details pretty well just how good Joe Schobert has been while at the same time making sure to slight him several times, typical of the mindset of DWFs:

Should Commanders pursue PFF’s proposed free-agent acquisition?

by Jerry Trotta

On paper, the Washington Commanders are more talented than they were last campaign, when they turned in seven wins and were right in the thick of the NFC playoff picture until a Covid outbreak sabotaged their season. Of course, a team is only as good as its defense and the Commanders, though they boast a formidable defensive line, have glaring concerns at linebacker. In the secondary, William Jackson and Benjamin St-Juste seem poised to rebound after inconsistent and injury-plagued years. As long as that duo performs up to snuff, the group, led by Kendall Fuller, should make marked strides.

While everyone is a Cole Holcomb fan, we can’t make the same argument for the linebacker room. Pro Football Focus clearly feels the same way, as the Commanders checked in at No. 27 on their 2022 linebacker unit rankings.

In a recent article, PFF writer Doug Kyed highlighted one trade or free agent acquisition for all 32 teams before training camp. Taking the aforementioned rankings into account, Kyed proposed free agent LB Joe Schobert for the Commanders.

Should the Commanders sign free agent linebacker Joe Schobert?
Here’s what Kyed said of Schobert.

"Schobert, 28, is just two years removed from signing a five-year, $53.75 million contract with the Jaguars yet remains unsigned since being released by the Steelers in March. Washington is counting on a second-year leap from Jamin Davis but would benefit from a veteran presence at linebacker."

Schobert likely isn’t Commanders’ fans preferred signing with more proven commodities like Dont’a Highotwer, Anthony Barr, Kwon Alexander and Alexander Johnson all available, but each of those players landed on other teams in Kyed’s exercise.

Hightower reunites with Josh McDaniels and Patrick Graham on the Raiders, Johnson reunites with former defensive coordinator Ed Donatell in Minnesota, Alexander joins the Jets and former DC Rob Saleh and Barr seeks solace in Dallas, where he’d be partnered with reigning Defensive Rookie of the Year Micah Parsons.

Again, Schobert doesn’t move the needle relative to those veterans, but he’s been a serviceable linebacker throughout his career.

The 28-year-old is a perennial lock to compile 100 tackles and a handful of quarterback hits. He’s also managed an impressive 29 passes defended over the last five seasons, which contradicts the notion that he’s a liability in coverage. During that same stretch, he’s tallied 22 tackles for loss, 10 forced fumbles and 10 interceptions. You mean to tell us that production wouldn’t be a welcome sight in Ashburn?

https://riggosrag.com/2022/07/18/commanders-pursue-pff-proposed-free-agent-acquisition-joe-schobert/

Even better? Schobert played on the veteran minimum with the Steelers last campaign, so he’d hardly make a dent in Washington’s cap room. He’s far from a perfect player, but he made the Pro Bowl in 2017 and isn’t established enough to the point where he’d take meaningful snaps away from Jamin Davis.

Dare we say this is a potential win-win? What do you think, Washington fans?

https://riggosrag.com/2022/07/18/commanders-pursue-pff-proposed-free-agent-acquisition-joe-schobert/

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Amazing how they can slight the guy all over the place yet when it comes to his actual job performance they have nothing bad to say.

Bears are desperate for WRs to help out their precious first round black quarterback. But they would never look at a white WR. The DWFs are already laying on the excuses for the 2nd year black quarterback."He doesn't have enough 'weapons'" so it's ok that he sucks. It's not his fault.

Red Raider

Mentor
Recent retirements from this off-season:

QB Ben Roethlisberger
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
WR Ryan Switzer (injury)
WR Gehrig Dieter
WR Chris Hogan
OL Richie Incognito
OL Mitchell Schwartz (injury)
OL BJ Finney
OL Alex Mack
OL Ali Marpet
OL Alejandro Villanueva
OL Brandon Linder
TE Matt Lacosse
TE Jack Doyle
TE Rob Gronkowski
DE Kylie Fitts (concussions)
DT Robert Windsor (injury)
DT Beau Allen

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer

QB Ben Roetglisberger
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
WR Ryan Switzer (injury)
WR Gehrig Dieter
WR Chris Hogan
OL Richie Incognito
OL BJ Finney
OL Alex Mack
OL Ali Marpet
OL Alejandro Villanueva
OL Brandon Linder
TE Matt Lacosse
TE Jack Doyle
TE Rob Gronkowski
DE Kylie Fitts
DT Robert Windsor
DT Beau Allen

Damn. Quite a few notable names. Need our next crop to step up.

El Gringo

Mentor

QB Ben Roetglisberger
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
WR Ryan Switzer (injury)
WR Gehrig Dieter
WR Chris Hogan
OL Richie Incognito
OL BJ Finney
OL Alex Mack
OL Ali Marpet
OL Alejandro Villanueva
OL Brandon Linder
TE Matt Lacosse
TE Jack Doyle
TE Rob Gronkowski
DE Kylie Fitts
DT Robert Windsor
DT Beau Allen
Hopefully Brady can talk Gronk into one more run! He will definitely play if the Bucs sign his buddy Edelman. That’s a long shot for sure. https://www.tampabay.com/sports/buc...ulian-edelman-signs-with-bucs/?outputType=amp

Tannehill17

Mentor

OL Richie Incognito

Perhaps my favorite Dolphins player of all time. Dude was absolutely insane (both on and off the football field) and I loved him for it. One of my favorite moments of him as a Dolphin was when his dad posted on Finheaven (DWF Dolphins message board) and ripped that baby sumo Jonathan Martin to shreds. He also touched on the hypocrisy of blacks using the "N" word in (c)rap music but seem to have a problem when it's used by whites. I hope Richie has a nice life post-retirement. I'll never forgive the Dolphins for running him out of town.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps my favorite Dolphins player of all time. Dude was absolutely insane (both on and off the football field) and I loved him for it. One of my favorite moments of him as a Dolphin was when his dad posted on Finheaven (DWF Dolphins message board) and ripped that baby sumo Jonathan Martin to shreds. He also touched on the hypocrisy of blacks using the "N" word in (c)rap music but seem to have a problem when it's used by whites. I hope Richie has a nice life post-retirement. I'll never forgive the Dolphins for running him out of town.

Incognito was a throwback to how the NFL was from its beginnings until sometime in the late 1960s/early 1970s when the Permanent Cultural Communist Revolution began its poisonous influence over the NFL, with the willing cooperation from the beginning of many owners, now all of them. I still remember a Sports Illustrated article circa 1968 detailing how "racist" the St. Louis Cardinals were. Cited was the unnamed QB (Jim Hart? more likely Charlie Johnson) supposedly calling a play as "******* go deep." In general White men had so much more confidence then than they do now, because it was their country, no questions asked. Now, it's anything but, at least as portrayed by the fake news media, the same prostitutes who claim there's no ongoing "Great Replacement" when only an idiot can't see what's going on.

Red Raider

Mentor
Damn. Quite a few notable names. Need our next crop to step up.
OL especially took a hit, all of those guys were all-pro/pro bowl OL besides BJ Finney who was mostly a backup. Brandon Linder never made a pro bowl or all pro but that’s because he was on the Jaguars, he was a damn good center.

wile

Master
Incognito was a throwback to how the NFL was from its beginnings until sometime in the late 1960s/early 1970s when the Permanent Cultural Communist Revolution began its poisonous influence over the NFL, with the willing cooperation from the beginning of many owners, now all of them. I still remember a Sports Illustrated article circa 1968 detailing how "racist" the St. Louis Cardinals were. Cited was the unnamed QB (Jim Hart? more likely Charlie Johnson) supposedly calling a play as "******* go deep." In general White men had so much more confidence then than they do now, because it was their country, no questions asked. Now, it's anything but, at least as portrayed by the fake news media, the same prostitutes who claim there's no ongoing "Great Replacement" when only an idiot can't see what's going on.

For you young fellas a bit of history before your time, white men used to dominate the Left. Then sometime in the 90s I noticed what few straight white men remaining on the Left had to preface all commentary by telling everyone how harmless they were and other such effete garbage. Now the white men on the left just howl into the wind, sanity went out the door and they are nothing but "True Believers." For my entertainment I am waiting for the white men or jewish men in sports media tell us about black athletic supremacy in explicit terms and not the nonsense they are allowed to get away with today.

Red Raider

Mentor

QB Ben Roethlisberger
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
WR Ryan Switzer (injury)
WR Gehrig Dieter
WR Chris Hogan
OL Richie Incognito
OL BJ Finney
OL Alex Mack
OL Ali Marpet
OL Alejandro Villanueva
OL Brandon Linder
TE Matt Lacosse
TE Jack Doyle
TE Rob Gronkowski
DE Kylie Fitts (concussions)
DT Robert Windsor (injury)
DT Beau Allen
We can now add DE Derek Wolfe to this list. He retired today after 2 offseason hip surgeries. He started every game he played in during his 10 year career. He missed all of last season with injury. Never a star but was a consistent productive starter as a 3-4 DE for the Broncos and 1 year with the Ravens.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ryan Kerrigan is retiring too. Same age as Von Miller. Miller got a ridiculous contract from the Bills and Kerrigan was treated as an afterthought.

Red Raider

Mentor
Ryan Kerrigan is retiring too. Same age as Von Miller. Miller got a ridiculous contract from the Bills and Kerrigan was treated as an afterthought.
It’s officially a new era in the NFL. Off the top of my head JJ Watt and Harrison Smith are the last two 2010-2015 era defensive stars standing.

Warhawk_46

Master
Yeah seeing both DE Wolfe and Kerrigan retire is a bummer. Two very good defensive players who didn’t receive the accolades they likely should have.

Sean89

Mentor
I think Ryan had slowed down if I'm honest. What a fantastic player and thoroughly enjoyed watching him play.

*He was told to retire last year because of knee issues. Didn't know that, and explains a lot*

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Black players like Chester Rogers litter the league. He has proven to be nothing more than a 4th or 5th option. Never shown any "upside" or the ability to produce at a high level yet he is getting free agent looks. White athletes are never afforded this chance - Who's to say a White UDFA given the same opportunity Rogers has been gifted over his career would not end up being a much better player. It's really one of the key tenets of the caste system.

Free agent WR Chester Rogers is visiting the Texans Monday night.
The 28-year-old has spent the duration of his five-year career in the AFC South, playing last season for the Titans after four with the Colts. He went 30-301-1 across 16 games in Tennessee last year and profiles more as a veteran slot type and punt returner.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
No, it's certainly not your father and grandfather's NFL. Oh no, a bee sting!:

A.J. Brown was not listed on the Eagles injury report despite his bee sting scare earlier.
Analysis: Brown is reportedly allergic to bees, but he was able to avoid the scare and will be a full-go for Sunday's game against the Lions in his Eagles debut.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hey brothers, don't despair, we may have helped create a lot more aware (former) DWFs than we realize:

Cris Collinsworth got dragged for invoking 'white receiver cliches' about Cooper Kupp​

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hey brothers, don't despair, we may have helped create a lot more aware (former) DWFs than we realize:

Cris Collinsworth got dragged for invoking 'white receiver cliches' about Cooper Kupp​

Wow. That is a positive development. Those guys all sounded like CF posters in their tweets.

Warhawk_46

Master
The cracks in Cultural Marxism are beginning to show. Remember fellows, sports are merely a reflection of society at large. Many people are waking up to the dog whistles and gaslighting by the Marxist powers that be.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like the new trend is blaming white coaches when black qbs fail to win games - especially by the black sports media types. I saw Stephen a smith and another black on their show state that it was Keim and Cucksbury’s fault - not blaming the midget Murray for his own performance. I hate Keim and Cucksbury and I do see the irony in this but we are just seeing another layer of insulation between black mediocrity and criticism being laid in place. Denver head coach Nathaniel Hackett was also the target of criticism because of his late game call for a long field goal rather than giving the ball to Wilson. Wilson only managed to put up 16 points.

Both of these black quarterbacks are getting paid a around 250 million dollars each. Black quarterbacks are all pretty much overpaid.