NFL News, Rumors and Musings

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mike Zimmer playing coy about Bridgewater is pure pandering, a move he'll likely sorely regret if he does bench Keenum. The reason Sam Bradford cemented himself as the starter is because, unlike Bridgewater, he was able to open up the offense by throwing the ball all over the field. So does Keenum. Bridgewater on the other hand threw just 14 TD passes each of his two seasons as a starter.

This is a clear-cut example of the racial double standard at work. Weenieworld and the rest of the Caste media would be reassuring us that Bridgewater poses no threat to Keenum were the races reversed, and Bridgewater would be dubbed a "poor man's Trent Dilfer-type game manager," yet there's this huge build-up of anticipation of him taking over after two years of rust, in the middle of a season in which the Vikings are playing well above expectations. Of course, given the icky collective grief the caste media and DWF Nation went through after their beloved Teddy's knee injury, it's clear that nothing less than Bridgewater quickly becoming the starter will satisfy them no matter how well Keenum plays.

Coach Mike Zimmer confirmed Case Keenum will start Week 11 against the Rams. It was an obvious decision after Keenum flamed the Redskins for 304 yards and four touchdowns on the road last week. Keenum, of course, played for the Rams last season. Their defense will present a much stiffer challenge than the Redskins offered last week, but Keenum at least gets them at home. We'll undoubtedly see Teddy Bridgewater at some point this season.

CrazyFinn

Mentor
I don't want to criticize Mike Zimmer too much here since the Vikings are the whitest team in the league and he deserves credit for that. But why even bring up the notion or possibility of a QB change? It's not like the guy coming back is a future HOF'er, he's a game manager who at times was very ineffective as the starter. He's simply another mediocre black quarterback in a long line of them whom the media desperately wants to succeed, that's all.

Keenum himself may not be what you call a franchise QB, but he has played well this year, has the third best QBR, and MIN is 7-2. They are not just in the playoff hunt, they are in the mix for a #1 or 2 seed. There's no need to cause any disruptions to what's shaping up to be a promising year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Some Black Privilege for Bridgewater. Not sure how they view him as their franchise.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Vikings were "very tempted" to start Teddy Bridgewater this week against the Rams.

Case Keenum got the nod following his big Week 10 performance where he threw for 304 yards and four scores, so coach Mike Zimmer really couldn't go away from him for Week 11. However, it appears the leash is very short for Keenum, and he could be pulled at the first inkling of trouble. Per Glazer, the Vikings view Bridgewater "as their franchise," so they want to get him reps now that he's healthy. Keenum could easily get yanked versus the Rams' top-end defense.

PHillisFan

Master
Some Black Privilege for Bridgewater. Not sure how they view him as their franchise.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Vikings were "very tempted" to start Teddy Bridgewater this week against the Rams.

Case Keenum got the nod following his big Week 10 performance where he threw for 304 yards and four scores, so coach Mike Zimmer really couldn't go away from him for Week 11. However, it appears the leash is very short for Keenum, and he could be pulled at the first inkling of trouble. Per Glazer, the Vikings view Bridgewater "as their franchise," so they want to get him reps now that he's healthy. Keenum could easily get yanked versus the Rams' top-end defense.

Vikings playoff hopes ride on Keenum. Sewerwater will sink their playoff hopes straight into the sewer.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Vikings playoff hopes ride on Keenum. Sewerwater will sink their playoff hopes straight into the sewer.

Yep - totally different offense. He doesn't have a running game to rely on like he did when Peterson was lining up in the backfield.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Keep Keenum the Starter! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If I was Adam Thielen, I would be also telling the coach how great Keenum has been. He really has
and the stupid biased media ignores the fact in their thirst for you know who? Complete B.S.

Last edited:

Bruce

Guru
Almost a year ago the Cowboys were in a very similar position as the Vikings are in today. Dak Prescott had game managed his way to a 7-1 record and Tony Romo had recovered from his injury and was ready to play. Now Tony Romo is a future Hall of Famer and arguably the greatest Dallas Cowboys' quarterback of all time and Dak Prescott was just a 3rd round rookie game manager. But the media was unanimous in their opinion that the Cowboys should continue to go with the hot hand and that replacing Dak with Romo would be insane. Now Case Keenum has the hot hand but the media is unanimous in their opinion that he should be replaced with an assistant game manager who's never thrown more than 14 touchdowns in a season. It just doesn't make any sense. Going by their own logic shouldn't they be lobbying for Keenum? I don't get it, how is this situation any different? I hate to bring race into it but could that possibly have something to do with it?

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Curtis Samuel is out for the season after injuring his ankle against Miami on Monday. He was a second round draft pick this year, taken after McCaffrey and viewed as having much the same skill set, so this helps McCaffrey even though Samuel showed every sign of being a bust when he played. The trade of Kelvin Benjamin also helps. I think Christian will see an increase in his touches going forward, and the Carolina o-line finally showing some ability to open running lanes on Monday is another encouraging sign.

It could also help WR Brenton Bersin, the 6’ 3” special teamer who actually recorded his first reception of the season against Miami.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Lurkers, if you want an example of the blatant anti-white racism in the sports media look no farther than the Keenum - Bridgewater "controversy."

The Vikings are playing great under Keenum and are headed for the playoffs. So what does the mainstream sports media want the Vikings to do? Replace him with a mediocre quarterback coming off a long layoff and a serious injury. Replacing Keenum with Bridgewater at this point would be utterly stupid.

The sole reason, the only reason, the mainstream media wants Keenum replaced by Bridgewater is because Keenum is white and Bridgewater is black. The mainstream media is run by liberals and they have an agenda to replace white quarterbacks with black quarterbacks. They're anti-white to the core.

Pay attention lurkers. The mainstream media always wants to replace white players and is always devaluing them.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Almost a year ago the Cowboys were in a very similar position as the Vikings are in today. Dak Prescott had game managed his way to a 7-1 record and Tony Romo had recovered from his injury and was ready to play. Now Tony Romo is a future Hall of Famer and arguably the greatest Dallas Cowboys' quarterback of all time and Dak Prescott was just a 3rd round rookie game manager. But the media was unanimous in their opinion that the Cowboys should continue to go with the hot hand and that replacing Dak with Romo would be insane. Now Case Keenum has the hot hand but the media is unanimous in their opinion that he should be replaced with an assistant game manager who's never thrown more than 14 touchdowns in a season. It just doesn't make any sense. Going by their own logic shouldn't they be lobbying for Keenum? I don't get it, how is this situation any different? I hate to bring race into it but could that possibly have something to do with it?
No, Romo is at least 4th best in terms of playoff runs as Staubauch, Aikman and Meredith had better playoff success. I could argue that Morton and White had better playoff success too but they were clearly worse over their regular season resume than Romo.

PS going with the hot hand at quarterback isn't new in the NFL, Plunkett, Williams, Hostettler and Brady were regular season replacements who took over from injured incumbents and led their teams to NFL titles.

RTTAS

Guru
Just read this disgustingly terrible article - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-are-committing-the-cardinal-sin-of-coaching

• Cardinal Sin One: Coveting the Pocket Passer over the Scrambler.
Cardinal Sin One is the great sin of our age, the one that brought the plague of Tom Savage and Mike Glennon types upon the league, among other issues far beyond the scope of this column. That the scrambler (or "athlete" if you really want to underline things) is often black and the pocket passer is often white is both too obvious to ignore and a little too incendiary to dwell upon here...Peterman will get obliterated behind this Bills line. He'll struggle to find open receivers among the Bills' corps of new arrivals, journeymen, rookies and converted-quarterback tight ends...But Peterman will do what he did in the preseason and in garbage time against the Saints. He'll throw those useless, stat-padding three-yard passes. He'll look good in the pocket against prevent defenses when the game is out of hand.

But then I looked up the "journalist", Mike Tanier, and found he just wrote this article as well - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-boost-for-an-nfl-plagued-by-injuries-bad-qbs

Save us, Teddy Bridgewater. You're our only hope. (Note: That line was repeated several times throughout the article)...
When Bridgewater reclaims the starting job, which will happen sooner than later, he will make the Vikings a little more competitive and a lot more watchable. He may lack a bazooka arm or Russell Wilson-caliber scrambling ability. But Bridgewater has what the NFL needs right now: the ability to both operate within a system and color outside the lines a little...All it takes is one bright young star arriving at just the right moment. He energizes a team, reinvigorates a playoff race, recalibrates our expectations of what an afternoon of football is supposed to look like.

This is exactly the type of caste retoric ******** that the media just keeps pushing in the attempt to blacken up the quarterback position, which has been shown to not work over the past couple decades. Bridgewater is a game manager and the Vikings have a very real chance of winning a super bowl this season with Keenum, while Taylor has continually shown incompetence.

Bruce

Guru
No, Romo is at least 4th best in terms of playoff runs as Staubauch, Aikman and Meredith had better playoff success. I could argue that Morton and White had better playoff success too but they were clearly worse over their regular season resume than Romo.

PS going with the hot hand at quarterback isn't new in the NFL, Plunkett, Williams, Hostettler and Brady were regular season replacements who took over from injured incumbents and led their teams to NFL titles.
I said arguably. He dwarfs every other Dallas qb when it comes to regular season statistics.It's all subjective but you can make a case for him. I don't think it's fair to blame him for the lack of post season success when he's had to carry such poor teams for most of his career. The point remains the same either way he's one of the greatest Cowboys' qb's of all time and he lost his job to a game managing rookie black quarterback

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/career-passing.htm

I know teams go with the hot hand. I'm just pointing out the racial double standard here.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Romo was aging and couldn't stay healthy. He missed all but 4 games of the 2015 season and then immediately suffered another serious back injury in a preseason game in '16. He could no longer be counted on. Prescott played well right from the get-go. Because of that the transition from Romo to Prescott made sense. Every time a White player is replaced by a black one isn't because of a racial double standard.

Bruce

Guru
He was 36 years old in 2016 and in 2014 he had an MVP caliber season. White quarterbacks are capable of playing at a high level well into their 30s. Peyton Manning had his best season ever at 37 years old. Tom Brady threw 28 touchdowns to only 2 interceptions at the age of 39. And the idea that Romo could never stay on the field is a media myth. Between 2006 and 2010 he started 61/64 games. In 2010 he got injured and missed 10 games. After that he went another 4 year stretch where he started 62/64 games

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I have to respectfully disagree about Romo near the end of his career. He missed many games in 2015 and than injured his back in that freak play vs. Seattle in the preseason. I think at some point everyone's body begins breaking down some - Romo's playing style got him hit more than Manning or Brady. I think if Romo still thought he could play without the risk of further injury he would be on the field rather than in the broadcast booth this year.

As for Prescott - he stepped into a good situation - best oline and running game - the offense changed from a pass first under Romo to run heavy. I think we saw last week what happens when Prescott does not have quality pass protection or running game to rely on. He becomes an average qb unable to take a game over and put a team on his shoulders. This weekends matchup between Wentz and Prescott should be a nice comparison of a young qb who is elevating his game and team around him compared to a qb that already hit his ceiling.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
He was 36 years old in 2016 and in 2014 he had an MVP caliber season. White quarterbacks are capable of playing at a high level well into their 30s. Peyton Manning had his best season ever at 37 years old. Tom Brady threw 28 touchdowns to only 2 interceptions at the age of 39. And the idea that Romo could never stay on the field is a media myth. Between 2006 and 2010 he started 61/64 games. In 2010 he got injured and missed 10 games. After that he went another 4 year stretch where he started 62/64 games

That's right, that's hardly a revelation everyone here didn't already know. However, because White quarterbacks are capable of playing at a high level well into their 30s doesn't mean all of them can, especially if they've suffered serious back injuries two years in a row and can no longer be counted on to stay healthy.

Romo played very well into his mid-30s, until he essentially lost two seasons because of injury. The second year he was injured, Prescott took over, played pretty much mistake free, and led the team to an excellent win-loss record no one was predicting before the season. When Romo was finally healthy it was well into the season, the Cowboys were on a roll, and they stayed with Prescott, just as the Vikings should stay with Keenum. If Keenum is dumped, then a very strong argument can be made that a racial double standard is at work. But if I was Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones, I would have stayed with Prescott also under the circumstances. Does that mean I would have been following a racial double standard against Whites and in favor of blacks?

Bruce/Lew, I'm sure you'll continue rebutting me forever if I choose to continue the discussion because that's your m.o., but I think you would be better served by being more realistic in some of your assessments. Given enough opportunities, black quarterbacks sometimes succeed, White players sometimes fail or become washed up or otherwise unreliable. Not every personnel decision within the confines of the Caste System is always from the perspective of let's screw Whitey. Sometimes a black player is simply the better choice to start.

Romo could have played this season for another team, quite possibly as a starter, but preferred the broadcast booth. That's the choice he made, and given his serious back injuries it was probably the right one. Or do you think NFL headquarters ordered his retirement while they were busy writing their weekly scripts for Deshawn Watson to throw 4 touchdowns per game, as you maintained a few weeks ago? I'm still waiting to find out how Watson's blown out knee fits into the conspiracy theory you were so certain of.

Bruce

Guru
Romo played very well into his mid-30s, until he essentially lost two seasons because of injury. The second year he was injured, Prescott took over, played pretty much mistake free, and led the team to an excellent win-loss record no one was predicting before the season. When Romo was finally healthy it was well into the season, the Cowboys were on a roll, and they stayed with Prescott, just as the Vikings should stay with Keenum. If Keenum is dumped, then a very strong argument can be made that a racial double standard is at work. But if I was Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones, I would have stayed with Prescott also under the circumstances. Does that mean I would have been following a racial double standard against Whites and in favor of blacks?

Bruce/Lew, I'm sure you'll continue rebutting me forever if I choose to continue the discussion because that's your m.o., but I think you would be better served by being more realistic in some of your assessments. Given enough opportunities, black quarterbacks sometimes succeed, White players sometimes fail or become washed up or otherwise unreliable. Not every personnel decision within the confines of the Caste System is always from the perspective of let's screw Whitey. Sometimes a black player is simply the better choice to start.

Romo could have played this season for another team, quite possibly as a starter, but preferred the broadcast booth. That's the choice he made, and given his serious back injuries it was probably the right one. Or do you think NFL headquarters ordered his retirement while they were busy writing their weekly scripts for Deshawn Watson to throw 4 touchdowns per game, as you maintained a few weeks ago? I'm still waiting to find out how Watson's blown out knee fits into the conspiracy theory you were so certain of.

That's very sad. Even a lot of Cowboys' DWFs were calling for Romo to start over Dak. That's why the media had to go into full on propaganda mode in order to make the case for Prescott. But I guess I can't be surprised given how you very recently defended the way the Panthers are using Christian McCaffrey. He's not that small btw he has the same build as Adrian Peterson(5'11 205lbs vs 6'2 217lbs). Christian is also ranked 41st in rushing attempts. Given Christian's record breaking college career and the fact that he was drafted 8th overall in a league that doesn't value running backs as much anymore do you think they would be utilizing him the same way if he were black?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lew, I've posted numerous times about McCaffrey, including my hope that he will get more carries as time goes on. Go back and read them. If your argument is that I am anti-White, you're even more delusional than I thought.

Again, how does your assertion that the league picks one black quarterback a week to rig games for hold up in light of Watson's injury? Did they mandate that injury? And which black quarterback since Watson's injury has been chosen to have the weekly fixed big game?

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bruce, your last reply was so full of ******** that I deleted it. And since you are oblivious to clues and suggestions about when to let something go, going back to your days here as Lew, it's clear that one of us has to go. And guess what, it won't be me. So you're banned for one month.

Johnny_U

Guru
Nothing to see here. Just another white cuck throwing away millions of dollars on behalf of two walnut brain affirmative action employees...
https://imgur.com/a/8chrR
v2iUAfA.jpg

Last edited:

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Nothing to see here. Just another white cuck throwing away millions of dollars on behalf of two walnut brain affirmative action employees...
https://imgur.com/a/8chrR
v2iUAfA.jpg

Yeah, I predicted that Sashi Brown wouldn't be fired despite his obvious incompetence. I wonder if the Browns go 0-16 will he still retain his job? I predict yes.