NFL Draft 2012

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
**Brian Peters should be drafted!

Former Northwestern safety Brian Peters also impressed; drew comparisons to Pro Bowler Kam Chancellor from one N.F.L. scout.

Former Colgate star Nate Eachus really impressed scouts with his athletic ability and strength at the schools most recent Pro Timing Day.

DD.comment: You might have to refresh the page (hit F5) several times if you want to read the article above, without signing up to access the website. Here are the most important numbers they reporting from the 5'10", 215 pound tailback's Pro Day: 40 Time: 4.56; Broad Jump: 9'8"; Vertical 37.5"; BP reps (225lbs) 24. Nate's vertical and bench press would've ranked top 5 for RB's at the Combine.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm so frustrated with these scouting reports and all this anti-white nonsense leading up to the draft. Luke Kluechy was called slow among other things and he posted ridiculous numbers(4.5 40.) Even so he's still not given credit and according to scouts he has "nowhere near the athleticism that Patrick Willis has" despite better numbers. Ebert is considered a slow slot receiver despite running a 4.38. What is this nonsense?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Thank you for this information! He is an incredible athlete, and a very instinctive linebacker.

No problem! He'll be a real steal to whatever team he lands on. Ina fair world he should have gotten a combine invite and been one of the fastest LB's attending.. Must be that pale skin and red hair holding him back.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
this morning on ESPN Sportscenter, noted "talent" "evaluator" Merril Hoge informed viewers that his "trained eye" and "hours of film study" clearly revealed who the better player was when comparing Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck. of course, he never referred to Griffin by his name ... it was unerringly RG3.

according to Hoge, he "evaluated" the two based on five catgeories: accuracy, arm strength, touch, decision making, and athleticism.

repeatedly using terms like "blow me away," "amazing," incredible," and other hyperbolic phrasing, Hoge said the negro "clearly is better" in the categories of accuracy, arm strength, and touch.

Luck only won the decision making category, but "it was very close."

Hoge ranked them even on athleticism.

according to Hoge, he'd pick "RG3" in "half a heartbeat." you can make up your own mind on Hoge's perspective. heh.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nice Pro Day for Joe, including a blazing 4.40 in his second 40 run, the fastest of anyone on Rutgers.

What a shame that a 6'0" 200 pound running back with 4.40 speed and great running skills can't be a running back in the NFL because he's White. As the article below on his Pro Day notes, Martinek can only hope to follow Brian Leonard's footsteps and aspire to be a "fullback":

http://hopatcong.patch.com/articles/...utgers-pro-day

Also this: http://www.joemartinek.com/fullsite/back.html

I also posted this in the Martinek thread.

foobar75

Master
this morning on ESPN Sportscenter, noted "talent" "evaluator" Merril Hoge informed viewers that his "trained eye" and "hours of film study" clearly revealed who the better player was when comparing Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck. of course, he never referred to Griffin by his name ... it was unerringly RG3.

according to Hoge, he "evaluated" the two based on five catgeories: accuracy, arm strength, touch, decision making, and athleticism.

repeatedly using terms like "blow me away," "amazing," incredible," and other hyperbolic phrasing, Hoge said the negro "clearly is better" in the categories of accuracy, arm strength, and touch.

Luck only won the decision making category, but "it was very close."

Hoge ranked them even on athleticism.

according to Hoge, he'd pick "RG3" in "half a heartbeat." you can make up your own mind on Hoge's perspective. heh.

The debate on who should be the #1 overall pick is now intensifying. Apparently, "RGIII" had an incredible pro day and now all the talking heads believe the Colts should seriously reconsider their decision. Just as others and myself on this forum predicted a couple of months ago, the media will go into overdrive to promote Griffin's cause and he will become the #1 overall pick, the same way they gave him the Heismann after a quick one-week campaign.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The debate on who should be the #1 overall pick is now intensifying. Apparently, "RGIII" had an incredible pro day and now all the talking heads believe the Colts should seriously reconsider their decision. Just as others and myself on this forum predicted a couple of months ago, the media will go into overdrive to promote Griffin's cause and he will become the #1 overall pick, the same way they gave him the Heismann after a quick one-week campaign.

I am in total agreement with you...I think we have been seeing eye to eye this whole time foobar. The agenda is very clear, the hype is carrying over from the college football season. Bear in mind Griffin was not in any discussion prior to this season about being a heisman candidate or first round pick. He had been playing at baylor for three seasons and all the sudden he becomes some deity in his senior season that can do no wrong. The hype behind this guy is unreal. I am hoping he flops/he won't be better than average and Newton continues to trend downward like he did at the end of last season.

dwid

Hall of Famer
it doesn't matter where Luck winds up, its how he does. Unfortunately the Redskins gave up a lot to get to number 2, so if he performs any less than spectacular his first year he will be considered a bust. If the Redskins hadn't given up so much it would have been better for RGIII to be drafted number 1 overall, more pressure on him.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
it doesn't matter where Luck winds up, its how he does. Unfortunately the Redskins gave up a lot to get to number 2, so if he performs any less than spectacular his first year he will be considered a bust. If the Redskins hadn't given up so much it would have been better for RGIII to be drafted number 1 overall, more pressure on him.

True. I am hoping that Griffin comes to washington and busts. I really do not have many worries about Luck.

Truthteller

Mentor
Bear in mind Griffin was not in any discussion prior to this season about being a heisman candidate or first round pick. He had been playing at baylor for three seasons and all the sudden he becomes some deity in his senior season that can do no wrong.

I don't follow college football that much, but it seems like (recent) history is repeating itself. Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell anyone?

Neither was considered an A-1 NFL prospect heading into their junior season, but both "magically" became great pro prospects overnight and even left school early because they were so highly sought after. The hype machine for Griffin will grow beyond belief -- even more than Young and Russell -- because 1) We are being told Griffin's exceptionally intelligent and hard working and 2) because the jock-sniffers feel pretty good after Newton made the Pro Bowl as a rookie -- like Vince Young did in 2007, which made the Russell pick seem "safer", at the time.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Some good news. In CBS' latest "risers and fallers" 3 of the 5 guys rising are White and all 3 falling are black.

1631075.jpg

Jeremy Ebert
WRNorthwesternFor a player with 173 career receptions in college, Ebert is far from a household name and hasn't received much attention in the pre-draft process. But after an impressive on-campus workout during Northwestern's pro day, perhaps that will change. Ebert, who didn't receive an invitation to the NFL Combine, ran his 40-yard dashes in the high 4.3's and low 4.4's, showing better-than-expected speed for the 20 teams in attendance. He also impressed with his numbers in the other drills, including the vertical jump (33 inches), broad jump (9'4) and short shuttle (4.15). Also, Ebert's time of 6.70 in the 3-cone drill would have ranked him third among all receivers at the Combine. He is a reliable possession receiver with soft hands and very good focus to make challenging catches. Ebert tracks the ball well and shows savvy and toughness on the field that shows up on tape. He is still widely viewed as a late round player or priority free agent, but he is moving up draft boards for most teams.

So once again a receiver that runs in the high 4.3s / low 4.4s is simply a possession receiver. Also, how do these White "stiffs" outperform the "superior" athletes who get combine invites? The whole stinking combine is a joke and they don't want Whites embarrassing their black hype-jobs year after year.

1244463.jpg

Aaron Corp
QBRichmondA USC transfer, Corp had a very up-and-down career at FCS-level Richmond with only average production, including a career TD-to-INT ratio of 20-to-17. However between the Combine and his pro day last Friday, his draft stock is on the rise. Corp, who measured in at 6-3?? and 215 pounds, posted positive numbers in drills with a 4.65 40-yard dash, 31.5" vertical leap, 4.30 short shuttle and 7.03 3-cone drill. But it was his performance throwing the ball that created some buzz. With nine NFL teams in attendance at Richmond's pro day, Corp's arm strength looked better than advertised with the footwork and quickness to maneuver well in the pocket and throw on the run. He also assured those in attendance that his 2010 season-ending knee injury was fully healed. Corp is still graded as a priority free agent by most teams, but it wouldn't be a huge shock to hear his name late on draft weekend because of his performance since the season ended. He projects as a developmental, third-string quarterback at the next level.

1679628.jpg

Jared Crick
DENebraskaEntering the 2011 season, Crick was thought to be a first-round caliber player, but a torn pectoral muscle in October put those projections in doubt. He missed the remainder of his final season in Lincoln and was unable to participate in the Senior Bowl. But Crick looked healthy at the Combine with decent times in the 40-yard dash (4.95), vertical (31.0"), broad jump (8'8), short shuttle (4.40) and 3-cone drill (7.47). He also lifted 26 reps of 225-pounds on the bench press at Nebraska's pro day last week, putting to rest any concerns about his pectoral muscle. Crick might not return to his round one standing he had entering the year, but he has worked his way back from his season-ending injury to show NFL scouts he's at near-full health. He isn't expected to escape the second round because of his natural size and foot quickness.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/risersandfallers

P.S. - The write up for "faller" and absurdly named linebacker, Vontaze Burfict, is good. In addition to being slow as a slug, this bum is also weak for his size. Sounds like a perfect NFL player.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
at Stanford's Pro Day, tight end Coby Fleener measured in at 6-foot-6, 247-pounds and (performing outdoors) promptly ran a 4.45 with the wind and a 4.51 against the wind. he also blew up on the bench press and agility drills. more info to come ...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Besides Jared Crick, the other "risers" are still only thought to be 7th round picks or UDFA, while a melanin-enhanced non-athlete such as Vontaze (!) will still be an early-middle round draft choice. :crazy:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
guys, keep an eye out for Tyler Shoemaker's performance at Boise's Pro Day. it is today ...

dwid

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Ebert will get a real shot. Teams have ignored pretty much every Northwestern player. I think it would open up a floodgate of talented Whites into the league after a few years if they actually gave those guys a shot. It is one of the few White friendly schools that stays that way, I am guessing academics is one of the reasons, and they have have a coach that was a former player there, knows how to find White talent and actually develop it. He keeps the program consistently competitive and has had offers from more "highly touted" programs which would involve a bigger salary. I wish there were more coaches like him. The only setback they have had over the years is getting consistent talent at qb. With only a few good ones in recent memory. They had Dan Persa who had a string of bad luck with injuries and Mike Kafka who didn't seem too dedicated for most of his college career but had all the tools, which is why he probably sat on the bench for noodle armed CJ Bacher. But they have consistent talent at wide receiver, linebacker and safety. Well they had a string of good linebackers a few years back that got screwed over by the NFL, they have a good DE that should be drafted this year as well.

dwid

Hall of Famer
  • Representatives from 28 teams were in attendance, including Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis and offensive coordinator Jay Gruden. Other teams of note included the Patriots, Jets, Cardinals, Rams, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Chargers, Bills, Chiefs, Colts, Eagles, 49ers, Jaguars, and new Peyton Manning squeeze the Denver Broncos.
  • Former Broncos Austin Pettis, Brandyn Thompson, and Ellis Powers were spotted.
  • Billy Winn ran a 4.85 40-yard dash, which was his best time ever. He ran a 5.0-flat at the Combine.
  • Tyler Shoemaker ran a 4.4 40.
  • Tyrone Crawford ran a 4.8 40.
  • Shoemaker may have played himself into a late round pick as opposed to the street free agent he was before today.
  • Winn's overall performance was leaps and bounds better than his Senior Bowl practice time. He is on Mel Kiper's good side again.
  • More than half a dozen teams plan on working out Doug Martin and Shea McClellin individually. The other 25 teams are dumb.
as expected, Tyler ran a 4.4. He was going to be a street free agent before running a 4.4 today? that is absurd.

he also had a 37 inch vertical, posted 9 feet, 8 inches in the broad jump, lifted 225 pounds 14 times in the bench press and did the agility drills in 4.25 (20-yard shuttle), 6.83 (three-cone drill) and 11.56 seconds (60-yard shuttle).

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/03/22/ccripe/boise_states_kellen_moore_tyler_shoemaker_billy_winn_improve_nfl#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

I love how when Whites run in the 4.4-4.3 range dwfs are like "pro day times are inflated" but when their precious affletes who ran high 4.5's sometimes 4.6 at the combine lower it a pro day to like a 4.48 or 4.49 they are like " i knew it all along he was a 4.4 guy!" Kendall Wright is an example of this. Somehow Fleener's 4.45 is not as fast as Wright's 4.45 (who ran a 4.61 at the combine) and Ive noticed the media tends to go with the fastest stopwatch for a highly touted prospect.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is entitled NFL Draft 2012. Let's get back on topic. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted. Take it to Happy Hour if you want to talk about subjects other than the Draft.

Riddlewire

Master
Don,

Remove those pictures and delete his account.
It's obvious why he posted them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, he's a troll and I'm banning him. But football threads are to be about football, not interracial dating. Seems like every time we have a good thread going, someone has to point out that some black athlete has a White wife or girlfriend and then that becomes the focus of the thread instead of football and the Caste System. Is that news??? Is anyone still unaware that black males have a thing for white females? This country has millions of interracial couples, if you want to vent about it, that's what Happy Hour is for.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I was watching the replay of the Stanford pro day and it was reported that the New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys were heavily interested in Coby Fleener. At the end of the session both of those teams spent extra time with him checking out some of his technique. I can live with either of those teams drafting him. If Fleener ends up in a Toby Gerhart type situation, I’m crossing over to bigunreal territory and putting on my tin foil hat permanently. :tinfoil3:

[video=youtube;nKLncWdwTrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKLncWdwTrs[/video]

dwid

Hall of Famer
Fleener needs to land on a team that will use him in a Jimmy Graham type role, one where he mostly lines up as a receiver and gets 100+ targets. The only reason Gronkowski should be lined up as a tight end is because is a beast when it comes to run blocking. Fleener is leaner and not as good in that department.