NFC/AFC Championship Games 2012-13

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Ugh ... I'm having memories of 2009 when it was Arizona v. Pittsburgh.

If it is a mathcup between the harbaugh sisters the caste system will score a HUGE win.

The Pats, Texans, Broncos, Vikes and Packers would all have been white-friendly teams and now it looks like the two most racist teams in each division to make the playoffs are meeting in the Super Bowl.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Thank God for the NFL, the football season is just about over.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Ugh ... I'm having memories of 2009 when it was Arizona v. Pittsburgh.

If it is a mathcup between the harbaugh sisters the caste system will score a HUGE win.

Geez I hadn't thought of that angle. With Ray Lewis and Colin Krapernick worship 24-7 to add to it, it will be an insufferable game.

TBProdigy

Guru
Vereens drop killed the drive

The tragic thing is, Woodhead has some of the best hands in the NFL(even better than Welker)

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ridley has cost them more than one game this season yet he has continued to be a feature back while Woodhead just rots on the bench.

foobar75

Master
This is just about the worst possible scenario from a caste perspective. Two heavily black teams, one led by a black quarterback, the other with the sentimental story of Ray Lewis. Plus, the Ravens have now defeated the two whitest teams, both on the road on the way to the SB.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Welker needed to take that one to the house, getting caught from behind by a linebacker doesn't do much to dispel the DWF's accusation that he's not fast.

Last edited:

Kaptain

Master
Why does Brady never throw the ball to Woodhead? They way the Pats look I don't care if they lose. Using Vereen more than Woodhead is a slap in the face. The superbowl will be unwatchable.

dwid

Hall of Famer
it depends on how he had to adjust to the ball and where the linebacker was and what kind of angle. I think its common knowledge that Welker is not a burner over 40 yards, his speed is best in the 0 to 20 yard range, great burst. After 30 yards is when he slows down, he had like a 4.65 40, but he has had some bigger runs either on returns or after the catch where he puts the burners on, he looked tired on another play, hes been getting jacked up almost every single catch.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Well, all the "whitest" teams also have terrible all black or mostly all black defenses except for Houston and Minnesota. Defense remains the achilles heel of the Patriots.

The only positive will be that Joe Flacco will finally get some respect. Other than that, at least we had a nice run there with Green Bay winning it two years ago and New England almost winning it last year. The relatively White friendliest teams all made the playoffs, and White players continue to shine when given an opportunity on defense and Whites continue to dominate at QB. We also have more solid White TEs and WRs than there's been in the past 25 years.

Don't get too disheartened.

[video=youtube;2H5uWRjFsGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc[/video]​

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Why does Brady never throw the ball to Woodhead? They way the Pats look I don't care if they lose. Using Vereen more than Woodhead is a slap in the face. The superbowl will be unwatchable.

probably because he has an injured thumb.
Anyway, it doesn't make a difference.
Pats were outplayed.

Kaptain

Master
He's played and caught the ball fine ealier. The play he just caught has been there all day. He would have never dropped the critical ball that Vereen dropped.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Welp the much hyped acquisitions of Chandles Jones and several other affletes in the draft and offseason have done nothing for the Patriots. They ignored Woodhead once again.

Hey Billy Boy - do yourself a favor and cut Ridley - draft Burkhead and make Woodhead/Burkhead your RB duo. Also John Simon, Margus Hunt, Cooper Taylor and Zeke Motta will all help that defense of yours.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Look at this way, the Whitest teams all made the playoffs....that says alot. There are only a few and pretty much all in the AFC so only one had a shot, the Broncos came so close. If Jim Leonhard was playing they win.

on offense two drive killers, the Vereen drop and the Ridley fumble. They continue to use Ridley but he fumbles in critical situations. He will go a good amount of time without losing the ball but then a big game like the playoffs on the line and he does, Bellicheck should learn after this.

Old Scratch

Mentor
No duh they were "outplayed" since they lost, but the fluke fumble and INT were huge without them the score would almost certainly be 20-19. If they had utilized Danny Woodhead a lot more who knows what could have happened.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Yes, completely outplayed on both ends of the ball.
More Woodhead was not going to make a difference.

Well, all the "whitest" teams also have terrible all black or mostly all black defenses except for Houston and Minnesota. Defense remains the achilles heel of the Patriots.

The only positive will be that Joe Flacco will finally get some respect. Other than that, at least we had a nice run there with Green Bay winning it two years ago and New England almost winning it last year. The relatively White friendliest teams all made the playoffs, and White players continue to shine when given an opportunity on defense.

Don't get too disheartened.

[video=youtube;2H5uWRjFsGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc[/video]​

I don't put much emotional stock in a lopsided sport like football. The racial competition angle really only exists at the high school level when you can have an all black team with black coaches and vice versa. Too many variables with everything in each organization to decisively call a team a white team or a black team.
When the key turnovers in games are the fault of black players, it's pretty much a wash. I guess all we can hope for is the Ravens to beat the 49ers, but they'll just chock up the win to Ray Lewis anyways.

Time to get acquainted with hockey...

dwid

Hall of Famer
they had some iffy non calls like pi on Welker, the Ravens played dirty and nothing was called. If it were called the same for everyone I would say let them play but if it were reversed there would be flags everywhere. It seems like the matchup they wanted, outside of RG3, the Harbaugh bowl, the last time they played each other it was the most boring game I ever watched. I hope the ratings for the Superbowl are low, I will find something to do when its on.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Woodhead wouldn't have fumbled when Ridley did.

I am happy for Flacco - he has been a target of DWF criticism for a few years now although he is a great playoff QB. I will be rooting hard for him to win vs. krapernick and the clown haurbaugh

Gibbon

Guru
I honestly think that that might have been the last American Sporting event (excepting boxing) that I actually sit down and watch. Haha. Kind of liberating!

seattlefan

Guru
Both games stunk today. Atlanta was pathetic for giving up a 17 point lead and the Pats didn't look like they were even trying.