New England Patriots General Thread

Booth

Mentor
Milton was not good in college so I doubt he somehow becomes anything but a spot starter at best in the league. Maye certainly is in a less than ideal situation. The Steelers fans are so cucked they can't get over themselves choosing between a washed up Russell Wilson and a 1st round bust in Justin Fields. Fields stunk yesterday by the way despite the box score. Meanwhile Kyle Allen came in and played very well yet nary a mention of his performance (BSPN had nothing on him with their review of Friday preseason games). It's funny Zach Wilson is cited by the media but the aforementioned Justin Fields and all time bust Trey Lance (they swept him under the rug quick) are both getting a free pass.

I will say this though that the caste system has taken control of the QB position. Take this from the one guy that has been opposing it for the past 20 years. Less than 10 years ago the best QBs were Brady, Peyton Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers, Eli Manning, Tony Romo and the media, football complex from high school through the NFL and idiotic fan bases now magically believe Whites can no longer play the position. Looking forward to upcoming recruiting classes and magically the number of White QBs is dwindling. A slight framed, average armed Bryce Young was somehow viewed as the unanimous 1st overall pick in 2023 and the Colts selected a guy with huge accuracy issues and minimal college production at number 4. In 2024 a supposed "generational" talent emerges three years after the previous "generational" talent in Trevor Lawrence. This is all engineered and media driven. Now for 2025 we see two very good QBs in Quinn Ewers and Carson Beck and the "experts" are stating it's a down year for QBs.

It's all being engineered/artificially manufactured. I have no desire to be thrown a random White CB or RB every 30 years, no desire to believe in the White outlier theory when it has been documented here how many White players never get a chance. The caste system has just become such an insult to my intelligence that I can't unsee it. Perhaps it's just a symptom of being completely aware of what's going on around me now, the elevated state of awareness that we all here seem to possess and thankfully more and more of the masses are waking up...I digress.
Leonardfan, here is Rob Gronkowski's take on the use of Maye. I also agree that the Black Panthers taking Young was a huge mistake. Will Grier was a better fit for the Panthers than Young, but the DWFS wanted Young.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan, here is Rob Gronkowski's take on the use of Maye. I also agree that the Black Panthers taking Young was a huge mistake. Will Grier was a better fit for the Panthers than Young, but the DWFS wanted Young.

They are probably trying to audition Zappe as a potential trade candidate. Only thing weird in the NFL is White fans obsession with black QBs.

jphoss

Mentor
I’m getting more worried about Maye, especially with mayo now the coach. We all know how tribal blacks are (a trait I wish whites had more of) and even if he does start he will have the unease of knowing he’s a bad game or two from getting replaced. BB named brady the qb1 and never looked back even though he wasn’t prime brady right out of the gate. I very much doubt maye will be given such assurances. Plus I don’t think mayo will turn out to be a good coach and there’s no talent left in NE now

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I watched a bit of the Patriots-Eagles game and the Pats look to be as black as any team in the league. Notice the difference between how Maye is treated (#3 overall pick) compared to Williams and Daniels (first and second overall picks), who were instantly annointed as starters. Brissett is a journeyman. If Maye thrives in the Mayo regime he truly will have special talent:

Patriots HC Jerod Mayo said, “The competition isn’t over,” when asked about the team’s quarterback competition heading into Week 1.
Mayo also added that if Drake Maye is “better than Jacoby [Brissett]...he’ll start.” Maye looked calm and collected in his second preseason game, completing 6-of-11 passes for 47 yards while also running four times for 15 yards and a score. Mayo praised Maye for the strides he’s made in recent weeks but said he wants to see Maye operate at a faster level. At this point, we’d still expect Brissett to have the inside edge on the starting job ahead of Week 1, but he could be on a very short leash if Maye continues to show improvement over the next few weeks.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
"At this point, we’d still expect Brissett to have the inside edge on the starting job ahead of Week 1, but he could be on a very short leash if Maye continues to show improvement over the next few weeks."

Anybody that even watched the "highlights" of this game would find this statement to be absurd. Brissett looked BAD, period. He has no business even being on the roster.

The Patriots are among the worst rosters in the NFL and have a rookie defensive coach. I would prefer Maye sit while they throw Brissett to the wolves, because this team is going to be extremely bad. It's also funny how quickly the Milton hype train derailed - media and DWFs were already making Purdy/Lance comparisons and now he's not even being considered for the starting job.

Gator Dad

Guru
The Patriots are among the worst rosters in the NFL and have a rookie defensive coach. I would prefer Maye sit while they throw Brissett to the wolves, because this team is going to be extremely bad. It's also funny how quickly the Milton hype train derailed - media and DWFs were already making Purdy/Lance comparisons and now he's not even being considered for the starting job.
I agree with this. The mob is fickle. Let BBQ Brisket take the heat. I don't want Maye to get into a David Carr/Tim Couch type situation.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Patriots name Brissett the starter. I for one am ok with this as Brissett stinks as does the o-line. Pats fans won’t be able to blame the White rookie QB for what looks to be a double digit loss year.

Patriots name Brissett the starter. I for one am ok with this as Brissett stinks as does the o-line. Pats fans won’t be able to blame the White rookie QB for what looks to be a double digit loss year.
Given Maye (and Zappe, frankly) clearly outplayed Brissett in the preseason, I think this is a "front office" decision. Like you said, it's a good thing. I'm guessing Maye will see some action by the end of the year though.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Built in fire, bigger heart than most, loves football, works hard. Sounds like the prototypical WSTD. I note that the article doesn't mention what position he plays besides gunner on ST's. He's a safety, although he played both safety an wide receiver during his college time at Oregon and Texas. Ran a 4.43 at his pro day. And at Texas he was a really GOOD safety. Not like it was Podunk University. You can search his CF results here https://castefootball.us/search/168907/?q=brenden+schooler&o=date

Alas, maybe he'll actually get to play his position if the Pats have half a dozen DB's go down or something.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Built in fire, bigger heart than most, loves football, works hard. Sounds like the prototypical WSTD. I note that the article doesn't mention what position he plays besides gunner on ST's. He's a safety, although he played both safety an wide receiver during his college time at Oregon and Texas. Ran a 4.43 at his pro day. And at Texas he was a really GOOD safety. Not like it was Podunk University. You can search his CF results here https://castefootball.us/search/168907/?q=brenden+schooler&o=date

Alas, maybe he'll actually get to play his position if the Pats have half a dozen DB's go down or something.
He was a freshman all American safety at Oregon as well before the caste system made him convert to WR

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
He was a freshman all American safety at Oregon as well before the caste system made him convert to WR
At Texas after he left the Ducks, he just played safety. I was looking at a post that you did from Nov. 2021 highlighting a game where he had 12 tackles! But I guess that every safety at Texas, Auburn, Oklahoma, Florida, etc. racks up 12 tackles a game. He only needs Jabrill (his real name) Peppers, Kyle Dugger, Marte Mapu, Jaylinn Hawkins and Dell Pettus to go down with serious injuries to get a crack at the defensive backfield! I'm sure that they are all way better.