New England Patriots General Thread

Phall

Master
Gee, I don't recall seeing Weenieworld blurbs like this when the Patriots had an all-White o-line, Gronk, and a number of White receivers and running backs they "rescued" from the NFL trash heap. But don't worry, Mac Jones will take the blame if the Pats bomb this year, or maybe it will be attributed to the loss of Josh McDaniels. Even now they could have Andy Isabella for peanuts:

The Athletic's Chad Graff writes "the point of concern is nearing" for the Patriots offense after it has struggled badly throughout training camp.
"The running game struggled," Graff writes. "The receivers didn’t get open. The incompletions mounted." And the quarterbacks have been under constant pressure. With longtime OC Josh McDaniels gone, coach Bill Belichick has handed offensive coaching duties to ex-DC Matt Patricia and former special teams coach Joe Judge. Patricia is coaching the offensive line and calling the plays while Judge is handling Mac Jones and the quarterbacks. Just an utter nightmare. It's a big concern for Jones' development. This offense is completely devoid of playmakers, and the coaching sounds even worse.

Patricia is a former DC and Judge is a former special teams coach. Perhaps, just to spitball an idea here, they were not the best candidates for these roles. Maybe the genius Belichick should hire better-suited coaches instead of throwing lifelines to staffers from his failed coaching tree. Patricia and Judge would be better suited to coaching linebackers and safeties, respectively, but those roles are already being covered by Belichick's sons.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What better symbolizes the "new" Bill Belichick than signing this colossal bust, when players like Cole Beasley and Adam Humphries are sitting at home, and Andy Isabella can be obtained for a late round draft pick?

Patriots signed WR Laquon Treadwell to the practice squad.​

Treadwell, 27, was a certified bust as the No. 23 overall pick of the Vikings in 2016, but he posted his best pro season to date last year in Jacksonville, going 33-434-1 on 51 targets. He was among the Jaguars' 53-man roster cuts last week and will now try to earn a role in the New England wideout rotation over the next couple weeks while on the practice squad.

icsept

Master
What better symbolizes the "new" Bill Belichick than signing this colossal bust, when players like Cole Beasley and Adam Humphries are sitting at home, and Andy Isabella can be obtained for a late round draft pick?

Patriots signed WR Laquon Treadwell to the practice squad.​

Treadwell, 27, was a certified bust as the No. 23 overall pick of the Vikings in 2016, but he posted his best pro season to date last year in Jacksonville, going 33-434-1 on 51 targets. He was among the Jaguars' 53-man roster cuts last week and will now try to earn a role in the New England wideout rotation over the next couple weeks while on the practice squad.
What?!?! Bill has lost it, completely.

Flint

Mentor
Haha separation stats? What’s his spin rate?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Caste System also acts as Affirmative Action for bums like this.

Flint

Mentor
Yes Billy fared better picking up these bums and getting something out of them when he had Tom Brady passing to them and running the offense. Now it’s just stupid.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
In all of my years watching the Patriots be a CF favorite, it was all because of Brady and the white skill players that they managed to pick up and amazingly (to everyone except us) did fantastically. The Genius always had his nearly-full-black drafts every year from what I remember. You just had to know that eventually it would all implode. At least they don't have Trey Lance at QB yet.

Snow Plow

Guru
In all of my years watching the Patriots be a CF favorite, it was all because of Brady and the white skill players that they managed to pick up and amazingly (to everyone except us) did fantastically. The Genius always had his nearly-full-black drafts every year from what I remember. You just had to know that eventually it would all implode. At least they don't have Trey Lance at QB yet.
Have to make Mac look bad so they can replace him.

El Gringo

Mentor

I Agee, it is was obviously Brady who was responsible for those 3 white wr formations that we loved. Either that or Kraft who is totally comprised from his “massage paler” visits is enforcing his will and the league on Bill to go full caste. I think Tommy liked throwing to Gronk, Wes, Julian, amemdola etc because they could cut sharp and we’re always smart enough run the right route. If the nfl was indeed a “copycat” league they would be after 6’4 pocket passer and wr that could cut on a dime and gain yardage.

jphoss

Mentor
Good old Bill BelliCUCK. Not what he used to be. I'm sure Kraft made him get back in line with the narratives and propaganda.
I agree BB is a great coach and he saw what happened for over a decade with mainly white skill players. I think Kraft is pushing this and BB’s ego is so big he thinks he can scheme up anything and win. But the last 3 years showed he can’t

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Good old Bill BelliCUCK. Not what he used to be. I'm sure Kraft made him get back in line with the narratives and propaganda.
It would certain be an interesting case (caste) study to see what is the real story here. From his drafts, BB is and has been all-in on the all-black model, but he is completely unique with not just his WR's and TE's, but with Danny Woodhead and Rex Burkhead in the verboten RB position. While I'm sure Kraft has a big say in the draft, which may explain BB's ultra-black drafts, maybe the Genius really was that before he was reigned in. Food for thought.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It would certain be an interesting case (caste) study to see what is the real story here. From his drafts, BB is and has been all-in on the all-black model, but he is completely unique with not just his WR's and TE's, but with Danny Woodhead and Rex Burkhead in the verboten RB position. While I'm sure Kraft has a big say in the draft, which may explain BB's ultra-black drafts, maybe the Genius really was that before he was reigned in. Food for thought.

Edelman was the only White skill position player drafted under Bellichek. Welker, Amendola, Hogan, Woodhead and Burkhead were all free agent signings. The Pats have been some of the worst at the the draft under Bellichek - he has never been White friendly in that regard.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Edelman was the only White skill position player drafted under Bellichek. Welker, Amendola, Hogan, Woodhead and Burkhead were all free agent signings. The Pats have been some of the worst at the the draft under Bellichek - he has never been White friendly in that regard.

You nailed it on the head Leonardfan. 100 percent agree here and it's never made sense to me why the Pats hate to draft white guys. Over
the last 20 years of nfl drafts I wonder how small the number of whites would be out of the total players they drafted? Would it be even 20 percent?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
You nailed it on the head Leonardfan. 100 percent agree here and it's never made sense to me why the Pats hate to draft white guys. Over
the last 20 years of nfl drafts I wonder how small the number of whites would be out of the total players they drafted? Would it be even 20 percent?

He gets credit for Brady so he has ridden those coattails for quite awhile now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Genius continues to diminish his legacy further every season now as he continues to draft very poorly and has "forgotten" what made his dynasty so unique and difficult to stop, along of course with having Tom Brady as the peerless engine running the offense. Mac Jones is reminiscent of Brady in some ways as far as his accuracy and braininess, but remains stuck in a bad situation, much like Daniel Jones was for his first few years with the Giants until a semi-competent regime took over last year.

NEP01

Guru
I think the turning point for the Patriots was Trump's election in 2016. Brady, Kraft, and Belichick had all been associated with Trump, and that didn't sit well with the black players. For example, Devin McCourty, the defensive leader on the team, objected to Belichick's endorsement of Trump right before the 2016 election. While Kraft is obviously far left, Brady and Belichick don't have the interest, courage, or ideological strength to openly oppose the political and media elite. I think the darkening of the team is all on Belichick, trying to protect himself from charges of "racism." I don't think Kraft would care about a sizable white minority as long as the team was winning.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
"The Genius" turned reliable Caste clown is on the hot seat this season:

NBC Sports’ Tom Curran reports Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is “on the hot seat” entering the 2023 season.
Curran added that Belichick has been on the hot seat to varying degrees since 2019, when Tom Brady was primed to leave the Patriots after the team bucked at Brady’s contract demands. Belichick has since made a series of disastrous hires, including putting Matt Patricia and Joe Judge in charge of the New England offense in 2022. That there was “no plan for replacement” for Josh McDaniels, Curran said, rubbed owner Robert Kraft the wrong way. Kraft “wants results, and he’s not getting them,” Curran added. Belichick, 71, will need a 2023 revival with Bill O’Brien heading the team’s offense. Another subpar campaign could mark the end of the historic Belichick era in New England.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Bucky

Hall of Famer
He had good production in College, played RB at Tennessee. Big back. Heavy workload in college and he looks maxed out potential wise. Genius outsmarting himself again.

Warhawk_46

Master
Pats sign Ezekiel Elliott, who looked rather tired last year.

Amazing that quality running backs like Ryan Nall, Max Borghi, Brad Roberts and Rex Burkhead get Mary a whiff of interest.