MLB 2024 Season

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I’m glad you gentlemen realize what a joke this inclusion of negro league stats are. Out in normie land I haven’t heard a peep about it good or bad. Guess most don’t care or have given up any fight to maintain the integrity of baseball statistics.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I also think most people have bigger fish to fry. After all that MLB has done to annoy their fan base and ruin the game this seems pretty minor.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s totally ridiculous, but what should we expect to happen? Street protests?

Tannehill17

Mentor
The integrating of Negro League stats is just another of MLB's fruitless attempts at trying to pander to blacks and get more blacks involved with baseball. The cold hard reality of the situation is that blacks simply don't give a fugg about baseball. Modern black culture is all about instant gratification which is why football and basketball are so popular amongst them. Those sports don't have extensive minor league systems and provide an instant shot at stardom. Compare that to baseball which rewards things such as patience, timing, and accuracy (things blacks aren't exactly known for)

As for the Negro Leagues themselves, I would argue that NPB in Japan is probably more competitive than the Negro Leagues could ever dream of being. You don't see anyone clamoring to put Sadaharu Oh in the Hall of Fame. Just more proof that black worship has become the new religion in this country.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Gunnar Henderson, the 23 year old SS for the Orioles is leading MLB in WAR at 4.3 passing NY Yankee Aaron Judge, 4.2 for the time being. Looks like a fight to end. Witt Jr. is third a 3.9. Kyle Tucker is fourth at 3.6.
Here are the top 5.
1. Henderson-4.3
2. Judge-4.2
3. Witt Jr. 3.9
4. Kyle Tucker- 3.6
5. Soto- 3.5
Too bad 3, white players, of the top 5 are all from the AL. You have to go all the way down to 19th place, SF Matt Chapman at 2.5 to find white position player from the NL.
Brice Turang is 22nd at 2.4
LA Dodger Freddie Freeman is 35th at 2.1..and Bryce Harper is 38th at 2.0.
Unless I'm missing someone, it's famine for top white position players in the NL?
LA Dodger Mookie Betts is the top NL WAR position player leader tied with Soto at number. 3.5 WAR

Snow Plow

Mentor
Gunnar Henderson, the 23 year old SS for the Orioles is leading MLB in WAR at 4.3 passing NY Yankee Aaron Judge, 4.2 for the time being. Looks like a fight to end. Witt Jr. is third a 3.9. Kyle Tucker is fourth at 3.6.
Here are the top 5.
1. Henderson-4.3
2. Judge-4.2
3. Witt Jr. 3.9
4. Kyle Tucker- 3.6
5. Soto- 3.5
Too bad 3, white players, of the top 5 are all from the AL. You have to go all the way down to 19th place, SF Matt Chapman at 2.5 to find white position player from the NL.
Brice Turang is 22nd at 2.4
LA Dodger Freddie Freeman is 35th at 2.1..and Bryce Harper is 38th at 2.0.
Unless I'm missing someone, it's famine for top white position players in the NL?
LA Dodger Mookie Betts is the top NL WAR position player leader tied with Soto at number. 3.5 WAR
Do you see catcher Will Smith of the Dodgers? Otherwise, it is not great.

Really impressed with Henderson and Witt. I believe they get a bump in WAR being shortstops as it is usually a light hitting position.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Another young prospect that might be worth following is SD Padres Jackson Merrill. The 6'3 195 lb. Centerfielder is only 21 years old and hit his 7th HR today. Not a huge number, but he's only 21 and in his first full season. He's now batting .281 and can steal a base or two as well with 9 SB's in 11 attempts so far this season.

icsept

Master
Trea Turner is back from his hamstring tear. I haven’t done the math, but hopefully he’s still eligible to win the NL batting title. The Phillies are a great team to watch. Paul Skenes is must see TV for the Pirates…a SUPERSTAR

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Trea Turner is back from his hamstring tear. I haven’t done the math, but hopefully he’s still eligible to win the NL batting title. The Phillies are a great team to watch. Paul Skenes is must see TV for the Pirates…a SUPERSTAR
Pirates and Skenes are up 4-1 through 4 innings. Skenes 6 K's, 1 run on 4 hits.
Turner 1-3 so far as the Phillies are up 8-1. Kyle Schwarber 2 HR's and Alec Bohm a HR as well.