MLB 2024 Season

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Holliday another HR tonight. His 4th in his 7th game since being called back up to the Majors!

Witt Jr. 3-4 tonight and 2 HR's, 4 RBI's, 3 Runs scored!
Holliday homers again in his first AB giving him 5 in his first 10 games since being called back up to The Majors.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Impression, safe to say he’s in the Big League’s now! No sending the kid back down!

Booth

Mentor
Boston's Jerran Duran was suspended for two games for saying an anti-gay slur to a fan. I hate what the sports world has become. Sit in the stands next to a crowd of drunks at a football or baseball game and listen to what they call the players. If sports think they are going to get more fans because of political correctness, guess what, they are wrong. Nascar and basketball have lost me forever and baseball will be next

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I saw the anti-white woke Asian mayor of Boston is trying to have a sit down with the Red Sox about this. Clown world!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Mealy mouthed apologies from him as well. Truly pathetic.

I watch little to no pro baseball anymore and hearing stuff like this reminds me why that is the case.

Donating his salary to LGBBQ, classic.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This is essentially a shakedown and robbery for saying a word in a country with supposed “free speech”. If Duran lost his cool and called the fan a redneck, Nazi, hillbilly cracker he wouldn’t even get a slap on the wrist. The Rainbow Mafia makes sure they flex their muscle for using a word they dem naughty.

I like what Randy Johnson offers as advice for Paul Skenes. Glad to see he's trying to help pass some knowledge onto the young phenom. Need more former white stars of the game doing the same for young white players.

Johnson saw Skenes pitch against the Arizona Diamondbacks, a game in which Skenes was pulled after 100 pitches in 5.1 innings. The Pirates ace gave up two earned runs in that outing, but was let down by the Pirates’ bullpen.

“If he could’ve gone another inning, he might’ve gotten that win, because as soon as he came out, the next guy gave up three runs,” Johnson said. “And that’s what I told him, when I met him. ‘The organization, Paul, is going to dictate what you are gonna do and if you wanna have a real career, if you become the pitcher that everybody thinks you’re going to be, you will have a lot of say in what you want to do, whereas a lot of pitchers don’t have that say, but you will.

“He’s definitely special, but in today’s game, he’s going to be held back for the rest of this year and maybe next year,” Johnson added. “But if you want to be the pitcher that you’re capable of being, you need to step up and show people what you’re capable of doing and voice your opinion, because going five or six innings you’re not going to win very many ballgames in today’s game. You’re gonna have to go seven or eight innings and you’re not going to hurt yourself because the game has been around for 150 years and people went 7-8 innings all the time and they threw 115-135 pitches. You just have to mold your body and your body needs to become accustomed to that kind of workload. That’s all it is.”

Not sure how I feel about this one:

For the last several years, Major League Baseball has grappled with the idea that it wants starting pitchers to be much more of a "main character" type player, the way they were decades ago. This discussion has moved into drastic-measure territory, apparently. According to an ESPN report, MLB is kicking around the idea of requiring starting pitchers to work at least six innings, though there are caveats.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I like what Randy Johnson offers as advice for Paul Skenes. Glad to see he's trying to help pass some knowledge onto the young phenom. Need more former white stars of the game doing the same for young white players.

Johnson saw Skenes pitch against the Arizona Diamondbacks, a game in which Skenes was pulled after 100 pitches in 5.1 innings. The Pirates ace gave up two earned runs in that outing, but was let down by the Pirates’ bullpen.

“If he could’ve gone another inning, he might’ve gotten that win, because as soon as he came out, the next guy gave up three runs,” Johnson said. “And that’s what I told him, when I met him. ‘The organization, Paul, is going to dictate what you are gonna do and if you wanna have a real career, if you become the pitcher that everybody thinks you’re going to be, you will have a lot of say in what you want to do, whereas a lot of pitchers don’t have that say, but you will.

“He’s definitely special, but in today’s game, he’s going to be held back for the rest of this year and maybe next year,” Johnson added. “But if you want to be the pitcher that you’re capable of being, you need to step up and show people what you’re capable of doing and voice your opinion, because going five or six innings you’re not going to win very many ballgames in today’s game. You’re gonna have to go seven or eight innings and you’re not going to hurt yourself because the game has been around for 150 years and people went 7-8 innings all the time and they threw 115-135 pitches. You just have to mold your body and your body needs to become accustomed to that kind of workload. That’s all it is.”
Agreed KS5000. Thanks for posting!

Not sure how I feel about this one:

For the last several years, Major League Baseball has grappled with the idea that it wants starting pitchers to be much more of a "main character" type player, the way they were decades ago. This discussion has moved into drastic-measure territory, apparently. According to an ESPN report, MLB is kicking around the idea of requiring starting pitchers to work at least six innings, though there are caveats.
Given the caveats, I don't think this change would have a major effect. I am in the camp that thinks MLB needs to consider relatively drastic rule changes, much like the ones made in the deadball era and in response to the pitching dominance of the 1960s, in particular a way to address the low contact and high strike out rates (which have been more slanted towards pitchers than any time since the 60s). But MLB also has a "star player" problem, and it's hurting the sport a lot compared to the NFL/NBA, so I understand their thought process. I would go a bit further though.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Tigers started 9 lunch pailers in their lineup tonight and had 4 pale face pitchers take the mound on their way back to a .500 record. If not for Ibanez pinch hitting during the game, it would have been a “clean” sweep.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Tigers started 9 lunch pailers in their lineup tonight and had 4 pale face pitchers take the mound on their way back to a .500 record. If not for Ibanez pinch hitting during the game, it would have been a “clean” sweep.
Nice!

Not too long ago we used to call them Los Tigres as they had a nearly all Latino team. They were pretty awful on the field too and now the team is improving.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer