March Madness

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Cline up to 12pts! Purdue up 18!

Haarms has 8pts and 4reb.

Riggins44

Master
Very white #3 seed Purdue putting the stones to essentially all black #2 seed Tennessee 53-36 in the second half. Ryan Cline is hot from outside, and Haarms is a force in the middle on defense.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
And we've officially jinxed Purdue. Vols have cut lead to 3. Purdue has been a dreadful 2-10 from free throw line...

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Purdue regroups and takes it in OT!! It's about time one of our teams actually wins a game like this. Playing most of the 2nd half with four fouls, Ryan Cline had some HUGE shots in the later stages of the second half to keep the Boilermakers in it!! Even though he fouled out in OT, Cline finished with 27 points on 10-13 from the field, including 7-10 from three. Haarms finishes with 11 points, 6 boards, and 3 blocks. Eifert with 7 points, 9 boards, and 2 assists.

Riggins44

Master
The Boilermakers showed great resilience by giving up an 18 point lead and then coming back to win in overtime. Well done Purdue!

Flint

Mentor
Cline was fun to watch. He was in the zone. Throwing up stuff from deep and nailing it.

TwentyTwo

Master
Not March Madness...but had to mention NIT Game from last night...Garrison Matthews scored 44 points (8 for 13 from three); nice dunk; as Lipscomb Beat North Carolina State 94-93. Think the 6'-5" Matthews has a chance in the NBA.

Yes indeed Flint! Cline career High 27 for Purdue

Thanks for the run down Jack Lambert!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Gonzaga doesn't look that powerful. Gonzaga/Texas Tech could be interesting.

I'm thinking Houston and VA Tech will be exposed. I wouldn't be surprised if odious LSU wins. Fantastic that Tennessee and their statist coach got bounced!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Shadowlight,

The college game has been really watered-down for at least 3 years now. Interestingly, curiously, it is also lacking high-flyers. How can this be?

So, you know, *young phenom* Duke can beat VA Tech; Kentucky should defeat Houston...well, heck the National Championship may well be Duke against Kentucky! I was perhaps going to say something else. I'm pulling for Houston to lose and simply don't see VA Tech winning. I don't see Gonzaga in the NC game, they'll have to play better to make it there. University of North Carolina - and perhaps Purdue - might be the only possible 'wrench'....

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Also noticed in the game sleek BYU junior guard Brenna Chase. I thought she moved like a jaguar and then the announcers mentioned she was a superb 400 M runner in HS.

Chase has one more year left and isn't WNBA material (the star on BYU is an Hispanic freshman) but she got my attention with her lithe movements and terrific wheels. They say she is a good three point shooter but was off in the first half.
"Sleek" is right. And she's a looker.
c0db778798.jpg

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Virginia sneaks past Oregon on the back of their solid defense. Ty Jerome probably had the best game out of the 3 prominent White athletes in the game. Team high 13 points along with 6 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals. Kyle Guy's cold shooting continued as he labored to score 10 points. For Oregon, their top player Payton Pritchard struggled with Virginia's defense but still managed 11 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists.

So much for BSPN's hoping that Virginia would be the first #1 seed to lose. I'd like to see Duke and their supa dupa team of wonda affletes, be the first to lose. I'll be rooting for a Buzz Williams coached squad for the first time in my life tonight.

Riggins44

Master
Virginia sneaks past Oregon on the back of their solid defense. Ty Jerome probably had the best game out of the 3 prominent White athletes in the game. Team high 13 points along with 6 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals. Kyle Guy's cold shooting continued as he labored to score 10 points. For Oregon, their top player Payton Pritchard struggled with Virginia's defense but still managed 11 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists.

So much for BSPN's hoping that Virginia would be the first #1 seed to lose. I'd like to see Duke and their supa dupa team of wonda affletes, be the first to lose. I'll be rooting for a Buzz Williams coached squad for the first time in my life tonight.

It's a shame Purdue is playing Virginia. It would be great for both of them to go to the Final Four. But at least one of them is guaranteed to be there. I would rather it be Purdue, but UVA would be good also.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Michigan St beating LSU was good. Auburn over North Carolina. Eh, who cares either way.

I’m watching the Duke game and the over the top excitement for this Zion goon is nauseating. Even though Duke has O’Connell playing big minutes, I can’t root for this team.

Riggins44

Master
Glad to see Michigan State won because at least they have McQuaid who can put up big numbers.

In the Kentucky game yesterday, Tyler Herro led the Wildcats with 19 points.

icsept

Master
Cam Reddish is hurt for Duke, so Alex O’Connell got the start and played 35 minutes. Only 4 points and 7 rebounds, though. He needs to step it up and take advantage of the opportunity.

Shadowlight

Master
I was just about to mention that O'Connell got huge minutes last night. I don't think he left the game in the second half. It was a great game despite the heavy caste outlay. I watched the whole game.

He seemed nervous shooting from deep but contributed on the defensive end. Changes how I look at Duke with him on the floor. If O'Connell was just a stand out on the three point line shooter type and not much else then I still would be rooting against Duke.

But O'Connell is a lithe high flying athlete ( he can soar) which is why this season has been so frustrating. He just has been unable to get enough consistent minutes to settle in at all.

Given the way the Duke season has gone I expect Alex to get sent back to the bench. But I did have a flashback to when seldom used then freshman Grayson Allen (Alex is a sophomore) came off the bench in the National Championship game and turned the game around.

So there is always hope.

And yes Tyler Herro was superb in the other nail biter as KY won a close one against all caste Houston. He hit a late crucial three point shot and scored a team high 19. Down the road as a pro I envision a Jeff Hornacek type of player. That is going back a bit.

northwinds

Mentor
Cam Reddish is hurt for Duke, so Alex O’Connell got the start and played 35 minutes. Only 4 points and 7 rebounds, though. He needs to step it up and take advantage of the opportunity.

Yep, Alex was 0/4 from the three point line........but did lead Duke with 7 rebounds. I only watched the second half, but he was practically invisible on offense with the defense hardly guarding him........and his black teammates still ignored him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was just about to mention that O'Connell got huge minutes last night. I don't think he left the game in the second half. It was a great game despite the heavy caste outlay. I watched the whole game.

He seemed nervous shooting from deep but contributed on the defensive end. Changes how I look at Duke with him on the floor. If O'Connell was just a stand out on the three point line shooter type and not much else then I still would be rooting against Duke.

But O'Connell is a lithe high flying athlete ( he can soar) which is why this season has been so frustrating. He just has been unable to get enough consistent minutes to settle in at all.

Given the way the Duke season has gone I expect Alex to get sent back to the bench. But I did have a flashback to when seldom used then freshman Grayson Allen (Alex is a sophomore) came off the bench in the National Championship game and turned the game around.

So there is always hope.

And yes Tyler Herro was superb in the other nail biter as KY won a close one against all caste Houston. He hit a late crucial three point shot and scored a team high 19. Down the road as a pro I envision a Jeff Hornacek type of player. That is going back a bit.

I like watched Hornacek back in the day for the Suns but I think your underestimating Tyler Herros Game. I would say a better comparison would be Dan Majerle or Rex Chapman. Herro is very
athletic and also a good defender. I think he has all star potential someday if he goes to the right team. The kids is athletic, a good dribbler, passer, defender and a great shooter. The future is
bright for Herro. Would love to see him go to a team that will start and play him from day one!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Moretti and Mooney lead Texas Tech into the Final Four with 29 points.........
...and put the Red Raiders into their first Final Four ever!! Excited about their win. Moretti and Mooney were money!! :)

northwinds

Mentor
Totally conflicted on the Purdue/Virginia game........I have Virginia winning it all in my bracket with their two White starters........but Purdue is representing well with three White starters.........

Riggins44

Master
Yeah, Moretti and Mooney are some clutch, big time players. They are not getting overcome by the moment at all. They both hit clutch 3-pointers against Gonzaga as well as taking it to the hole and scoring and also setting up their teammates to score.

Is Texas Tech going to play the winner of Purdue-Virginia in the Final Four? If so we are going to have at least one team to root for in the final gane.

northwinds

Mentor
Texas Tech will play the winner of Duke/Michigan State........the main team we want eliminated is Auburn who plays Kentucky manana........

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Great games by Moretti and Mooney leading the Red Raiders to the Final Four!! They both played outstanding tonight, hitting some big shots (especially Moretti down the stretch)!

So at the very least, we'll have a palatable team to root for in each of the Final Four games. Hopefully Duke and Auburn bow out tomorrow. Auburn lost one of their best players, so I don't think they'll beat Kentucky tomorrow.

For me, even though both teams are fairly white friendly, I'll be going for Virginia. Jerome and Guy are acknowledged as two of the leaders on the team, but despite Cline and Haarms playing well, Purdue's success is usually given to Edwards.

Moretti and Mooney lead Texas Tech into the Final Four with 29 points.........

What a beautiful win for Texas Tech as they were led by there white back-court of Moretti (put up 12pts, 2 assts, 2 stls) and Mooney (17pts 5 assts, 3 stls!)
I usually find myself supporting Gonzaga most years as they always seem to have a few whites playing big mins for them. Unfortunately Gonzaga is on a down cycle in white talent with only (So) starting SG Corey Kispert 6'6 215, and Jr. F Killian Tillie (2019 nba prospect) the white guys getting consistent PT.

It seems like the first year I've ever seen Texas Tech start multiple white guards they go deep into the tournament, I wonder if that's a coincidence or if it means they should have been recruiting white boys there all-along.
So I think Texas Tech may be opening doors for more white guards to get opportunies at high-major D1, with over-looked un-athletic guys like Moretti and Mooney dominating opposing teams. We see plenty of white Forwards and Centers get a chance at high-majors, but Guards are still relatively rare and are similiar to football caste positions WR/RB

Last edited: