Kurt Warner

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Congtrats to Kurt Warner on a great career!
smiley32.gif
He is a future Hall of Famer. Kurt is one of my favorite players.

But I am glad though that Warner won't be around to prop up the coal black Cardinals anymore. Without Warner, the Cards will slip big time this next season.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Agree with Jack Lambert. I wonder how many times Warner would have went to the Super Bowl and won had he been on the Colts or Patriots. For those that are interested a book about Kurt Warner " All things Possible" is a good read and one that my sons are reading through.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Kurt Warner is a great man and player. I hope he can rest easy with his decision to retire(no Brett Favre escapades). His retirement puts the Cardinals in the running for a QB in the upcoming draft. I have serious doubts about Leinart and his maturity and his willingness to put the time in.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
celticdb15 said:
Kurt Warner is a great man and player. I hope he can rest easy with his decision to retire(no Brett Favre escapades). His retirement puts the Cardinals in the running for a QB in the upcoming draft. I have serious doubts about Leinart and his maturity and his willingness to put the time in.

Leinart'syet another White quarterback written off by the DWFs and media who will "surprise" them with how good he is. I was looking at his stats as a rookie in '06 when he was thrown into the fire with a bad team and he was far from terrible -- 11 starts, 2,547 passing yards, 11 TDs, 12 interceptions, 74.0 QB rating -- not that bad at all considering. Peyton Manning is considered to have had one of the best rookie seasons of any quarterback and his rating was 71.2 his first year.

Leinart stayed an extra year at USC when he could have been a top draft pick and made lots of money. His reputation as lazyis in large part derived from pictures from an offseason party -- big deal. Warner was brought in to be his backup but it's not Leinart's fault that Warner is one of the best of all time and still had a lot more left in the tank than anyone realized. Leinart's bided his time for four years, has always been a team player, and the benefits of learning behind Warner will show next season.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I agree with you on Leinart Don. I think he'll be another white 1st round QB who finds himself a good career. Brady Quinn showed some signs at the end of this year too.

Back to Warner, I read somewhere that he has the second best QB rating ever for a playoff QB with enough starts to qualify. He has the second best season completion percentage EVER for a QB with 10,000 passing yards or more (behind Pennington?). He's a strong Christian and a charitable man. He should make the HOF.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
One of the great passers of all time. Kurt's precision and timing on deep-intermediate routes was magical. Thanks for the show Kurt.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Kurt Warner was a Hall of Fame caliber quarterback yet he was cut by the Packers in 1994 by then head coach Mike Holmgren.

Holmgren often refused to give white players opportunities while he was with Green Bay.

Holmgren demonstrated his lack of ability to judge talent in releasing Warner. Holmgren's later failures as a GM were further proof of his incompetence.