Kurt Warner

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Remember how the media and the drunk white fans had written Kurt Warner off as finished five years ago after he and the Rams offense struggled a bit?Warner had won two MVP awards in a three-year period after not getting his opportunity in the NFL until he was 27, yet "Warner can't hold onto the ball, Warner is too slow to react to pressure, Warner has taken too many hits" became the party line. It's impossible to imagine a black quarterback who was so unexpectedly and fantastically successful so eagerly being thrown to the wolves.

Warner is one of the greatest pure passersto ever playin the NFL. He has a very strong arm but he's alsovery accurate, as his career marks of 65.1 completionpercentage and a 93.2 quarterback rating attest. I'm sorry to see Matt Leinart struggle andwould like to seem him havea successful career, but in the meantime I hope Warner has another big year at the age of 37 and puts it to the critics who were so eager for him to fade away years ago.

Rise

Guru
Im really pulling for Kurt as well this season. He played like a warrior last season with that huge caste/brace on his left arm. Unfortunately he has an O-line full of black sumos and tends to get pounded every game. Could you imagine what he could do with the Patriots or Colts O-line.

It does suck about Leinart though, I was really hoping he would outshine Vince Young by now.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Another oddity about Warner's negtive reception among the media/fans is the fact that when he plays he's a fantasy football superstar. His stats are always great because of his passing skills. The drunk white fans should notice that when he plays he racks up lots of points for his FF team. Isn't the real measure of a NFL player now?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Rise said:
I was really hoping he (Leinart) would outshine Vince Young by now.

He may not outshine Young but he is at least as good as he is:

Young
In two years (30 games), Young has thrown 21 TD, 30 INT, and been sacked 50 times. He has thrown for 4,745 yards. He has rushed for an additional 10 TD, fumbled the ball 22 times, and lost 6 of those. He has an overall passer rating of 69.0.

Leinart
In his two years Leinart has played in 16 games, and thrown 13 TD, 16 INT, sacked 25 times, rushed for 2 TD and fumbled the ball a mere 8 times, losing 2 of those. He has thrown for 3,194 yards. His overall passer rating in those two years is 71.2.

Per game averages:
Young 1.42 TD passing
Leinart 1.23 TD passing

Young 1 INT
Leinart 1 INT

Young 1.66 sacks per game
Leinart 1.52 sacks per game

Young 158 yards per game
Leinart 199 yards per game

Young fumbles 1.36 times per game
Leinart fumbles 0.5 times per game

Young scores a rushing TD every 3rd game
Leinart scores a rushing TD every 8th game

In truth, Leinart and Young are very similar in performance, but which one is starting? Which one is considered a 'leader' on the field? Which one can do no wrong, and which one is lucky he hasn't been cut yet? Which one is one mistake away from being labeled a bust?

Tell me if you can, the reason for such disparate treatment of these two players if it isn't race?

Edited by: White Shogun

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
On NFL Live last night, Marcellus Wiley said that if Leinart had been a sixth round pick, "he'd be working at FedEx by now." Whereas the all-black crew at NFL Live and the all-black crew on the NFL Network's Total Access show were both raving about Troy Smith's "leadership"and how he "just wins" (QB rating thus far in the preseason -- 41.9)

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
They say that like working at FedEx is a bad thing.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"They say that like working at FedEx is a bad thing."

I know, what a bunch of arrogant snobs. At least the men and women who work for FedEx EARNED their jobs (other than the ones hired by affirmative action)....they werent GIVEN them by the caste system.

The truth about the way Lineart is being treated is quite simple....the media doesnt want to see him succeed. They truely despise the "all-american" boy. Why, you ask? Because young, american white kids similar to Matt Lienart might start to think "hey, I can do it too!" The media wants to avoid the free thoughts of young whites at all costs (because it could eventually lead to a revolution against the system). If it means dragging guys like Leinart, Boller, Leaf, and Couch through the mud on a weekly basis, so be it.

The affirmative action hiring of all those braindead turds on NFL Live, NFL Network, etc is eventually going to backfire. I stopped watching their nonsensical horesh*t caste "talking points" when I was 12. I'm sure most drunken white sportsfans would look at a 100% black sports broadcasting industry as a godsend....as they are the "greatest affletes," after all.Edited by: Thrashen

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thrashen said:
I'm sure most drunken white sportsfans would look at a 100% black sports broadcasting industry as a godsend....as they are the "greatest affletes," after all.

At the very least it ought tomake the white fanspause and wonder what's going on. They're told all their lives that "diversity" is mandatory and a wonderful thing, then they see how 12 percent of the population is beginning to monopolize not only certain sports but everything associated with them except ownership. "Diversity" doesn't apply when it comes to blacks. It's anti-white "affirmative action" taken to its logical conclusion. But no, it won't give them pause. Nothing does.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Kurt Warner is as strong a character person off the field as he is a great player on the field. I wish him all the success in the world this season and good health as well. Injuries has always been his problem. Hopefully Leinart will keep his nose to the grindstone and be patient, he still has all the tools to be a good one in the NFL for a decade.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
From Yahoo Sports:
Warner to return in 2009

Feb 20, 6:20 pm EST

CHICAGO (TICKER) â€â€￾Kurt Warner is not ready to head into retirement.

Warner's agent told the Chicago Sun-Times on Friday that his client will return for the 2009 season.

There had been speculation that Warner, who revitalized his career in leading the Arizona Cardinals to the Super Bowl this past season, was mulling retirement.

"He's decided he's going to play," Warner's agent Mark Bartelstein said. "He's made up his mind. He wants to play."

Bartelstein also said that Warner, who is eligible to become a free agent on February 27, would like to stay with the Cardinals. He also said Warner's goal is to play for two more seasons and have an option for a third year.

"We're not going to fool anybody," Bartelstein said. "He'd like to stay in Arizona. That would be his first choice. But he owes it to himself and his family to have an open mind. If we can get a deal done with the Cardinals, great. If not, then obviously you've got to look at free agency."

A two-time MVP, Warner threw for 4,583 yards with 30 touchdowns and 14 interceptions this past season.

Warner, who turns 38 on June 22, nearly capped his season in dramatic fashion as he threw for 377 yards and three touchdowns in a wild 27-23 loss to Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLIII.

j41181

Master
That's how stupid these drunk fans are, no respect to a great legend. He is obviously a future HOF, just like Brett Favre. He should be proud of his accomplishments. These drunk fans are nothing, just a bunch of beer-belly couch potatoes!!!
smiley36.gif

j41181

Master
I hope Kurt Warner can put in a few more solid seasons before he finally retires without any regret. He has done more than enough to defy the odds (drunk fans). He's a legend, an All-time great, and a future HOF. Enough said.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Kurt Warner is 2 TD passes away from 200 for his career. Good luck to him!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
IMO, Warner's proved himself to be Pro-Bowl caliber QB (with the Rams & Cards), and should be a shoe-in for the HoF. If he so wishes, he could return for a few more seasons...but certainly doesn't need to.

guest301

Hall of Famer
$10 million dollars(salary) is the reason Kurt Warner will be back next year, health permitting that is.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I always love to see White players who have been written off by the media and DWFs continue to play at very high levels. Warner was written off in his last season with the Rams and then again when he went to the Giants in 2004. Even when he joined Arizona most assumed he was going to be a backup as soon as Matt Leinart was drafted. I'd like to see Warner duplicate Favre's feat and still be going strong at 40.

foreverfree

Mentor
Per http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12852220/retiring-cards-confirm-warners-friday-news-conference , Warner has scheduled a news conference for today.

I have mixed feelings about atheletes giving retirement news conferences, for some reason. Doesn't it seem vain to do that? Wouldn't a press release do the job just as well?

IIRC John Elway was supposed to have his retirement news conference the day after the Columbine incident, but he postponed it. Guess the Mick of the Mile High City wanted the full spotlight on himself when he bowed out.
smiley24.gif

John

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
FF, I agree that retirement (& college players who go pro "early") press conferences do indeed show the self-importance & arrogance of the player(s). I prefer humble athletes like MMA King Fedor Emelianenko.
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kurt Warner has always been the opposite of vain. I don't see anything wrong with a great athlete detailing the reasons behind his decision to retire. Better that than the latest on T.O. or the NFL players with Haitian ties. Sure, the value system in America is plain crazy, but I always feel a bit sad and sentimental to see a great White sports warrior end his career.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
It's fitting that a guy who has been a fixture in many people's sports life give some closure and make an official announcement to the local media. It's a chance for the press to salute the guy and the local fans to remember him. If the press conference wasn't done, then the retirement issue would just be hanging around with no official end date. Even in the private sector a retirement party is used to allow everyone to say good bye and good luck. I'd prefer a hundred retirement press conferences to one presidential press conference.

Bear Backer

Mentor
jaxvid said:
It's fitting that a guy who has been a fixture in many people's sports life give some closure and make an official announcement to the local media. It's a chance for the press to salute the guy and the local fans to remember him. If the press conference wasn't done, then the retirement issue would just be hanging around with no official end date. Even in the private sector a retirement party is used to allow everyone to say good bye and good luck. I'd prefer a hundred retirement press conferences to one presidential press conference.

I think that is a good point. While I do think the retirement hoopla is a bit overblown at times in professional sports for high profile athletes, it is kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. In one sense everyone seems to expect retirement to be somewhat low key, but also don't seem to generally like it if players just walk away with no fanfare. When I was a youngster I was a big fan of Ryne Sandberg of the Chicago Cubs. While Ryno was the very private type of guy who would have probably just liked to walk off into the sunset, there was a tremendous amount of pressure on him to do the whole press conference thing during his first retirement.

referendum

Mentor
Warner is a great white athlete sports story, and the story of how he still wanted to date his future wife when he found out she had a disabled son is really awesome, but the CF part of me is glad that he will no longer be around to help out one of the blackest teams in the NFL, kind of like the Tebow situation in Florida.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Kurt Warner on a great career. He went to the Super Bowl three times and also has the 3 all time highest passing yards games in Super Bowl History!