Justin Fields on Black QBs

“I think the game is just changing to be honest with you. Unless you have a crazy offensive line where you can just sit back there and chill in the pocket, you’re going to have to be mobile. So I think you’re going to find more African-American quarterbacks who can extend plays. The game is just changing, when you step on the field and see 260, 270-pound dudes running 4.6’s that’s tough for an offensive line to hold up every play. As a quarterback, you’re going to have to use your legs and extend plays. Having that aspect of your game, it’s very important in today’s game.”

icsept

Master
Pat Mahomes is 4.9 40 slow. He passes for 5000 yards per season. Justin Fields throws for 150 yards per game. He’s not the past nor the future of quarterback in the NFL.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mahomes and Hurts starting in the Super Bowl patches over the reality that by the end of this past season it had once again become a monumental achievement for a Black QB to throw for 200 yards in a game. Mahomes and Geno Smith in his outlier season were the exceptions.

This is the same propaganda line that's been spewed over and over again since the 1990s, whether by an athlete or by a so-called sports journalist. Nothing changes except that college has changed the game to accomodate Black QBs, and the NFL is doing the same. It's nothing but the Caste System adapting new strategies to one way or another get a certain result.

Besides the open racism that claims only Blacks can be "mobile" quarterbacks while of course it is taboo to question why so many Black QBs are unable to scan the field and spot and connect with secondary options on a consistent basis, Allen, Burrow, Rodgers, Lawrence, Herbert, Jones, Pickett and Tannehill are all mobile, among other White QBs. The difference is that they are all also NFL quality passers, something Fields and many other "mobile" QBs haven't shown themselves to be.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Fields believes his own hype, no way! @icsept covered it perfectly. Legend in his own mind, yet another Black QB BUST from The Buckeyes.

Flint

Mentor
"The game is changing" BS. Defensive lineman are getting fatter and slower except for the rare White DE's that are allowed to play.

The reason black QB'S ARE so "mobile" is because they have to be, as Don points out their inability to scan the field and find secondary options leaves tucking and running as their only choice. That's a bug not a feature.

jphoss

Mentor
And we all remember the one game Mahomes had to be mobile and show off that superior athleticism vs the Bucs in the sb and he and the chiefs got destroyed! He couldn’t throw the ball in that game and we all saw the end result. Fields is a pathetic chump Allen, Jones, Lawrence, Herbert all run better than most black qbs

Phall

Master
Has 'Pepe the Frog' creator Matt Furie filed a lawsuit against Justin Fields for copyright infringement?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
"The game is changing" BS. Defensive lineman are getting fatter and slower except for the rare White DE's that are allowed to play.

The reason black QB'S ARE so "mobile" is because they have to be, as Don points out their inability to scan the field and find secondary options leaves tucking and running as their only choice. That's a bug not a feature.
Great line!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's all smoke and mirrors propped up by the sheer idiocy and mass formation psychosis of the average football fan. I've realized that the average White sportsball fan isn't going to wake up anytime soon and will continue to consume the NFL unquestioned. The past few weeks have allowed me to step back and just realize how the NFL is rigged - outcomes are massaged in some cases, the QB position has indeed been simplified and dumbed down which has magically led to more black qbs in the league (the league stopped putting intelligence as a requirement a little after Vince Young's 6 on the wonderlic). The NFL draft is the biggest charade of all as we have empirical evidence spanning decades that White athletes are just neglected plain and simple.

As for the black quarterback nonsense - it's here to stay and they will continue to hype it up to absurdity. Fields is a mook plain and simple. As Don mentioned astutely in his post that Fields exhibits open racism and experiences the privilege of no push back when stating that only blacks can be mobile QBs just goes to show the pure idiocy of society - in this case the average sports fan who eats this nonsense up. If you read the twitter posts that tie in with that story you can see just how stupid folks are. Football is bread and circuses for the uneducated masses. I've also grown sick of the lie about how players keep getting more athletic, I've been hearing that since 2002 when Julius Peppers came into the league. The premium on melanin and straight up negrophilia is pathetic.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
It's all smoke and mirrors propped up by the sheer idiocy and mass formation psychosis of the average football fan. I've realized that the average White sportsball fan isn't going to wake up anytime soon and will continue to consume the NFL unquestioned. The past few weeks have allowed me to step back and just realize how the NFL is rigged - outcomes are massaged in some cases, the QB position has indeed been simplified and dumbed down which has magically led to more black qbs in the league (the league stopped putting intelligence as a requirement a little after Vince Young's 6 on the wonderlic). The NFL draft is the biggest charade of all as we have empirical evidence spanning decades that White athletes are just neglected plain and simple.

As for the black quarterback nonsense - it's here to stay and they will continue to hype it up to absurdity. Fields is a mook plain and simple. As Don mentioned astutely in his post that Fields exhibits open racism and experiences the privilege of no push back when stating that only blacks can be mobile QBs just goes to show the pure idiocy of society - in this case the average sports fan who eats this nonsense up. If you read the twitter posts that tie in with that story you can see just how stupid folks are. Football is bread and circuses for the uneducated masses. I've also grown sick of the lie about how players keep getting more athletic, I've been hearing that since 2002 when Julius Peppers came into the league. The premium on melanin and straight up negrophilia is pathetic.
Great post.

white is right

Hall of Famer

It's a good thing that a traditional style of qb play won the SB as if Hurts and the Eagles won it would be endless chatter about read option qb's are the future of the NFL. Hurts seems to be a qb that is a little more than a pure gadget guy but Hurts would be the poster child for future experiments.

It will be interesting to see if Hurts falls apart or slowly fizzles like Toucan or Newton did after their short window of elite play with this style.

jphoss

Mentor
It's a good thing that a traditional style of qb play won the SB as if Hurts and the Eagles won it would be endless chatter about read option qb's are the future of the NFL. Hurts seems to be a qb that is a little more than a pure gadget guy but Hurts would be the poster child for future experiments.

It will be interesting to see if Hurts falls apart or slowly fizzles like Toucan or Newton did after their short window of elite play with this style.
Once Kelce retires and the eagles oline isn’t the best in the league he’ll get exposed as an average qb

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Hurts to his credit isn’t an egomaniac like Newton nor does he seem to be a self destructive easily manipulated tool like the Toucan. Credit where credit is due Hurts seems to be a decent person. His style of play and the eagles offense however are not geared for longevity or long term success. This can’t be debated as we have seen it play out over and over with the same end result.

They will not be the dominant team next year - it looks like the 2 coordinators will be moving on as head coaches who will get their own black qbs - assuming one goes to Az to inherit the mental and literal football midget Murray and the other will go to the Colts who will have their choice of getting their own shiny black qb. In addition to that the Redskins and Giants will improve and the Cowboys who will also regress some should provide them with more competition.

wile

Master
So high school football all the way to the NFL. I'll give Fields one thing he devastated an overwhelmed Northwestern in the B-10 champ game but it was one read and throw. Anyway I hope the Bears stick with him.

Bears gave up the following draft picks to move up and take Fields in the 2021 draft. Now they get a 6th round pick for him. Just this past season, the nuthugger fanboys were claiming Fields was a top 10 QB and it was only the fault of the OC, and bad surrounding players that were the cause of his poor performances. Apparently the rest of the league disagreed with the nuthugger assessment.

Fields was selected 11th overall in the 2021 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears, who traded up with the New York Giants in exchange for the 20th overall pick, their fifth-round pick in 2021, and their first and fourth-round picks in 2022

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This fake news blurb made me chuckle. We're supposed to believe the Bears turned down better offers out of the goodness of their organizational heart, so that Fields has a better chance to develop. I guess it's possible in a league built on "lifting the Black man," but it comes across to me as nothing more than a post-trade narrative given how little Fields was valued around the league.

ESPN’s Courtney Cronin reports the Bears had an offer with stronger draft capital for QB Justin Fields but chose the Steelers to “continue his development.”
The Bears wanted a day two pick in the draft for Fields, but with potential destinations drying up through free agency signings and trades, Fields’ market shrunk. Cronin reports that five teams, in addition to the Steelers, reached out to the Bears to inquire about Fields. Most of the teams envisioned the 25-year-old as a backup. The Bears had an “additional offer with stronger draft capital from a team with an established starter”, according to Cronin, but chose the Steelers’ offer of conditional sixth-round pick with the hope of putting Fields “in a position to continue his development.” Fields will first be a backup to Russell Wilson in Pittsburgh, but could have a path to starting in the future.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
This fake news blurb made me chuckle. We're supposed to believe the Bears turned down better offers out of the goodness of their organizational heart, so that Fields has a better chance to develop. I guess it's possible in a league built on "lifting the Black man," but it comes across to me as nothing more than a post-trade narrative given how little Fields was valued around the league.

ESPN’s Courtney Cronin reports the Bears had an offer with stronger draft capital for QB Justin Fields but chose the Steelers to “continue his development.”
The Bears wanted a day two pick in the draft for Fields, but with potential destinations drying up through free agency signings and trades, Fields’ market shrunk. Cronin reports that five teams, in addition to the Steelers, reached out to the Bears to inquire about Fields. Most of the teams envisioned the 25-year-old as a backup. The Bears had an “additional offer with stronger draft capital from a team with an established starter”, according to Cronin, but chose the Steelers’ offer of conditional sixth-round pick with the hope of putting Fields “in a position to continue his development.” Fields will first be a backup to Russell Wilson in Pittsburgh, but could have a path to starting in the future.

LOL. This is hilarious.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

You are right to think this is fake news. In a sane world, how can it not be?

However let’s say that at some point this claim could be substantiated. Could you imagine the reaction from the DWF-base. They should at minimum cancel their season tickets or at worst light the seats on fire at Soldier Field. It would provide stark evidence that NFL franchises are not driven but winning, but rather pushing “The Message”. And why would teams be hellbent on winning, since revenue sharing ensures every owner’s pockets get fat no matter what? With this all considered, does the ESPN report really seem so outlandish?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

However let’s say that at some point this claim could be substantiated. Could you imagine the reaction from the DWF-base. They should at minimum cancel their season tickets or at worst light the seats on fire at Soldier Field. It would provide stark evidence that NFL franchises are not driven but winning, but rather pushing “The Message”. And why would teams be hellbent on winning, since revenue sharing ensures every owner’s pockets get fat no matter what? With this all considered, does the ESPN report really seem so outlandish?
A good tell is that none of the "five teams" supposedly interested in Fields in addition to the Steelers are mentioned, nor are any of the alleged better offers. Why not? Would it be giving away state secrets or imperil national security? Articles that make claims with no specifics or evidence, or that only quote "anonymous" sources or so-called "experts" should always be regarded as fake news until shown not to be.

There's only so much information or disinformation that can fit in a Weenieworld blurb, but looking at the article from which the blurb was drawn, it only mentions an anonymous "source" or two with no other specifics other than Poles saying he wanted to "do right" by Fields. Pure narrative shaping:

What made the Bears decide this was the best offer they could get?​

Cronin: The Bears had hoped to land a Day 2 pick in the 2024 draft coupled with a 2025 pick that had the potential to escalate heading into the combine in Indianapolis in late February, a source with knowledge of the team's plans told ESPN. The parameters of the trade that sent former New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers (a 2021 sixth-round pick plus second- and fourth-round selections in 2022) was what Chicago had hoped to model its Fields trade after. But as potential destinations quickly came off the board with Russell Wilson signing with Pittsburgh, Kirk Cousins with Atlanta and Baker Mayfield staying in Tampa, the Bears had to adjust the type of return they were hoping to receive.

A source told ESPN that five teams in addition to Pittsburgh reached out to Chicago, and the majority of those teams had envisioned the former first-round pick in a backup role. Additionally, the Steelers had been in talks with the Bears throughout the week of free agency and reached out again after sending Kenny Pickett to the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday. The Bears had an additional offer with stronger draft capital from a team with an established starter, per a source, but chose to send Fields to Pittsburgh with the hope of putting the 25-year-old in a position to continue his development -- first as a backup to Wilson and eventually as a starter.

In Indianapolis, Bears GM Ryan Poles said he wanted to "do right" by Fields, which included not keeping him on a team with a rookie and finding a spot where he could continue developing. In Pittsburgh, Fields will have that chance.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer

Why would you want to help you enemy beat you x years down the line if Fields develops into a star player or even a high end game manager type.

It's obvious Tomlin has no push back from the GM or the ownership group as he does what he wants with the roster and he obviously goes out of his way to help marginal Black players in positions where the propaganda is that there are barriers to entry. How many Black punters has he tried to turn into a veteran main stay?

He took in the troubled Haskins and now he is trying to develop Fields. I suspect if he is still patrolling the sidelines a few years from now he will take in another failed Black qb prospect and try and develop him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Why would you want to help you enemy beat you x years down the line if Fields develops into a star player or even a high end game manager type.

It's obvious Tomlin has no push back from the GM or the ownership group as he does what he wants with the roster and he obviously goes out of his way to help marginal Black players in positions where the propaganda is that there are barriers to entry. How many Black punters has he tried to turn into a veteran main stay?

He took in the troubled Haskins and now he is trying to develop Fields. I suspect if he is still patrolling the sidelines a few years from now he will take in another failed Black qb prospect and try and develop him.
Tomlin is pretty much the GM. He's now in his 18th year, GM Khan is just in his third. Tomlin is an egomaniac, that's why after all this time there's no Tomlin "coaching tree," which is pretty amazing when you think about it. He only hires assistant coaches who don't threaten his ego and I'm sure Khan works within very specific boundaries with Tomlin exercising veto power.

There is zero doubt in my mind that a GM like Poles would likely help a fellow brutha out over doing what is best for the team that pays him millions.

The narrative that "African-American quarterbacks who can extend plays" are better at avoiding sacks is not supported by the evidence:

Furthermore, if "African-American quarterbacks who can extend plays" are better at avoiding sacks then why does Justin Fields have a career sack percentage of 12.4%?

Prominent Bears analyst on Fields:

Hub Arkush
@Hub_Arkush
Justin Fields is a special human being. I wish him the very best. But he isn’t an NFL passer or franchise QB. He can’t read the field or make decisions fast enough and his accuracy is below average. Only 1 team would pay as much as a 6th round pick? That’s the player he is.