Jordan Shipley, WR

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Sad to see. But yes endured enough bull**** to last him a life time. I'll always remember him as one of my favorite Longhorns! Best of luck to him being successful in life in something besides football. For most of our guys this is no problem.

The Hock

Master
I was hoping for Shipley to be a mainstay for years, but I can remember a doctor saying that the human knee was not designed for playing football. Looks like he's landed a sweet gig though. I would love to have one like that. I have to pay my own way when I go hunting or fishing.

northwinds

Mentor
One of my favorite collegiate athletes of all time ........Shipley and McCoy were magic to watch in their Longhorn run......he put Texas on his back and almost won the NC when McCoy went out. Wish him a happy life.......thanks for the memories Jordan

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Heck yes McCoy to Shipley was electric.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Did Shipley's career end because of his knee injury or because of unfair treatment because he was white? Or was it both?

Shadowlight

Master
I thought his ACL tear happened his rookie year with the Bengals but apparently he played his first year and put up pretty good numbers-52 catches for 600 yards. But he did miss a game or two after being skulled by a black DB, a very common kill the white WR tactic. He tore his ACL early in his second year in 2011 and that basically ended his career. He bounced around for a year or two after the injury but was out of the league in no time. Another shame. He was so electric at Texas and I will never forget that key kick return against rival Oklahoma. Just another sickening chapter in the demise of a talented white WR.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Jordan's Texas highlights:

In this video I saw a player with good speed and excellent moves. I saw enough to say that he should have been a starter in the NFL, barring injury.

Lurkers, watch the video and judge for yourself. I know it's a highlight video but you can still see the speed and the moves.

SneakyFast

Guru
Shipley torched Alabama's defense and almost won the NC in 2009, he wasn't given a chance another casualty in the ongoing castewar...sad

sprintstar

Mentor
just watched the hilight film and gotta say check out the block at 1:07 I think the dude is still looking for the ground lol

Extremely fast, quick moves, cuts on a dime, great hands and nose for the endzone....winner in anyone's book except the NFL's :(

It is quite interesting to know that Negro's are absolutely terrified of white athletes in every sport, especially track and football.

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Wedged into every DWF's mind is the caste-speak phrase "ability doesn't translate to the NFL", which is thrown at most white players in "black" positions. Never mind that the players are the same ones torched in college. To DWF's once a black player's name is called, magic pixie dust or something falls on them and they are suddenly drastically better then their last college snap.