Jordan Shipley, WR

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kudos to this Bleacher Report writer for recognizing Shipley as a talented outside receiver. At least that's my interpretation of what he wrote:

The Bengals moved in the right direction with their draft. First, they drafted my personal favorite player in the Draft, A.J. Green. His size, hands and speed make him the premier receiver in this class and a future Pro Bowler. This is a guy who had almost 1,000 yards receiving in a season where he missed four games. Pairing him with Jordan Shipley will make for a great duo in the future.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/701351-2011-nfl-power-rankings-pre-free-agency#/articles/701351-2011-nfl-power-rankings-pre-free-agency/page/7

backrow

Hall of Famer
i just read somewhere that Shipley was the only receiver (along with Bennett, i think) with minimum of 50 targets that has not dropped a pass! congrats!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to have hope that Shipley will be used on the outside after reading this Caste-speak from Chucky's brother Jay. Jordan's supposed to go over the middle, get crushed, and then get up and do it again. It doesn't matter that he showed lots of big play ability at Texas both as a receiver and kick returner, he has to play the"white role" in the NFL.

<DIV =re>

Offensive coordinator Jay Gruden suggested that Jordan Shipley may have been hesistant to go over the middle after returning from a mid-season concussion last year. "He's got to be Wes Welker-like: find holes, get open and take punishment," said Gruden. "He's had a concussion issue and some injuries that, hopefully, he can fight through and understand those are flukes. They don't happen all the time. You can still go across the middle and make the tough catch." It's worth noting that Shipley's season highs in receptions (6) and yards (131) came the week after he returned from the concussion.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Gruden wants him to play the welker, not a surprise. It's what Chucky knows.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Statements like that show you how little these coaches care about their White players and how little they actually know about what they are doing.
smiley21.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Offensive coordinator Jay Gruden suggested that Jordan Shipley may have been hesistant to go over the middle after returning from a mid-season concussion last year. "He's got to be Wes Welker-like: find holes, get open and take punishment," said Gruden. "He's had a concussion issue and some injuries that, hopefully, he can fight through and understand those are flukes. They don't happen all the time. You can still go across the middle and make the tough catch." It's worth noting that Shipley's season highs in receptions (6) and yards (131) came the week after he returned from the concussion. </div>

Jordan Shipley's body type, speed, agility, and return ability is most similar to the Jets' degenerate receiver, Santonio Holmes. Unlike Shipley, however, Holmes is uncoordinated at times, doesn't have great vertical leaping ability or fluid athleticism, and has the ubiquitous "black receiver hands."Â￾

But alas, the "Wes Welker-Like"Â￾ tag shall be applied to all white receivers, for all eternity, no matter how ridiculous or little they actually have in common. It's not as if anyone in the Zionist-Captained "Corporate-Sports-Media-Establishment"Â￾ is going to take the caste bigots to task simply for comparing two members of the white goyim.

Tim Riggins

Announcers were high on Shipley tonite said a couple times how his 50+ catches were most for a Bengals rookie since early 80s. Got Longhorn Love from Benson after sweet 3rd down grab.

backrow

Hall of Famer
injured white players have seemingly always got everything to lose... he played great his rookie season but now:

Jordan Shipley (torn ACL) is aiming to return to football activities in May.

The September ACL surgery was the second in Shipley's playing career, though the first was to his other knee. His 2012 role is up in the air, as Andre Caldwell was already pushing him for playing time before the injury.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Injury Update: Jordan Shipley "Making Significant Progress"

A lot has been made about the Bengals needing a more reliable No.2 receiving option opposite A.J. Green this offseason. It's unknown whether or not Jerome Simpson will return to man that position because of his recent legal battles. Whether it ends up being a veteran or a rookie, the need is there and the team seems to recognize it.

Something that seems to have gone overlooked in that department was the season-ending knee injury to slot receiver, Jordan Shipley. A true "chain-mover" and third down conversion machine, Shipley's presence was sorely missed during the 2011 season--even if it wasn't always noted. Unfortunately, Shipley's injury occurred at such an early point in the season (Week Two against the Broncos), that he barely had a chance to contribute to the team's success in 2011.

Bengals Head Coach Marvin Lewis spoke with the media on Friday in Indianapolis at the Scouting Combine and gave injury updates to two of his injured players in 2011: Leon Hall and Shipley. Lewis not only gave fans good news regarding Hall, but also had some about Shipley's rehab as well.

Knee injuries in today's NFL are far more treatable than they used to be. Over the last decade, significant scientific progress has been made about the procedures and the rehabilitation associated with an injury like Shipley's. Fortunately, because of that progress, the rehab time has greatly decreased as has the propensity for these injury's to ruin a player's career. Obviously, with these quotes from Lewis, that doesn't seem to be a concern in Shipley's case.

Like Hall, Shipley is also no doubt benefiting from the revamped medical staff and a full offseason to rehab properly without a lockout hindering that process. It would seem that given the type of injuries sustained between these two, as well as when they occurred in the season that it would be Shipley who sees the field first. Time will tell, but the prognosis is looking optimistic in both cases.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/2/2...te-jordan-shipley-making-significant-progress

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I'm cautiously optimistic that Shipley might get a better shot because of the success of Jordy Nelson and Wes Welker. Decker and Hartline and Walters also make it seem more likely that a white face in the secondary is not completely unheard of.

Look at this article, loaded with tripe.

Andrew Hawkins calls the Gritty Dozen that is the corps of receivers the Bengals have gathered "The Blue Collar Gang." Which is the way he burst on to the scene last year in the vacuum left by the black hole consumed by the mega stars that burned themselves out........

The only guy that is a lock is Green, the corps' most prolific receiver with 65 catches even though he's played in just 15 games.

Those that figure to make it are Binns and Brandon Tate, a pair that offensive coordinator Jay Gruden says are "neck-and-neck" for the No. 2 job, as well as third-round pick Sanu and fifth-round pick Marvin Jones.

If the Bengals keep the standard six receivers, that would leave the last spot coming down to the likes of Hawkins, Shipley and 2011 sixth-rounder Ryan Whalen, and all three have huge selling points with Hawkins the most versatile.

Before Shipley ripped up his ACL in the second game of last season, he was coming off one of the best seasons ever by a Bengals rookie receiver in 2010 with 52 catches in establishing himself as a reliable and coach's son savvy slot target. With Shipley practicing only in some spots and not at 100 percent, he remains a candidate to start the season on the physically unable to perform list (PUP). Whalen played in just four games and had four catches last season as a rookie, but has some of those Shipley qualities as well as being able to play on the outside.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article...R-clock-/8f96c2a0-8f1a-4f20-b898-11e24893d88e

Woody

Guru
WTF @ "Coach's son."

Don't the Bengals have a black coach? :dodgy:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
While I'm glad he's signed with someone, I can't feel too optimistic in Tampa Bay with the Gap-toothed Wigger at the helm and the scatter-armed black quarterback behind center. For those who forget, Schiano never had a White receiver in his tenure at Rutgers. He also did everything within his powers to screw over tailback Joe Martinek, who was only the Gatorade player of the year in New Jersey his senior year in high school.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
"Amazingly" Shipley seems to have regained his speed already, making it clear that he was run out of Cincinnati. Tampa could use a slot receiver so hopefully they'll make good use of Jordan.

Shipley Shows Off His Speed

Actions sometimes speak louder than words, and so it was on Tuesday with Jordan Shipley, the former University of Texas and Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver the Tampa Bay Buccaneers claimed off waivers on Monday.

Before he could profess his health to a gaggle of reporters, Shipley proved he has recovered from his 2011 season-ending knee injury by delivering an eye-opening punt return during his first workout as a Buc at One Buc Place.

After fielding the punt inside the 15-yard line, Shipley burst out of his crouch, ran smoothly up the middle of the field and cut toward the right sideline, where he stayed for a lengthy touchdown run.

"It's one of those deals where I spend a little extra time warming up and I'll be icing it afterwards, but if feels good, ready to go,'' Shipley said of his surgically repaired knee. "I definitely feel like I can do anything I have to to contribute and help this team win. I know I have got to go out there and show what I can do, but I'm full-go right now.''

Shipley enjoyed a strong rookie season in 2010 before tearing his ACL and MCL in Week 2 in 2011. Reports out of Cincinnati had Shipley struggling to display burst and explosiveness this preseason, leading to the release of the third-round draft pick.

Bucs general manager Mark Dominik and scouting director Dennis Hickey liked Shipley during their draft evaluation process, and coach Greg Schiano said he took a peek and did some background work on Shipley.

"He seems like our kind of guy,'' Schiano said. "I wouldn't say it was in response to any kind of a need. It's just if you have a chance to investigate a player that you liked, you do it."

In 2010, Shipley led AFC rookies in receiving yards (600) and tied for the lead in catches (52). In 2011, he had four catches for 14 yards before the injury.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/bucs/2012/aug/21/4/shipley-shows-off-his-speed-ar-470625/

Sounds like his knee is still giving him a lot of pain. Is this something that goes away after a while, or one of those lingering sports injuries? I don't believe Wes Welker lost a step from his similar injury (ACL and MCL), while Daunte Culpepper clearly did. Adrian Peterson appears to have no problems with his knee, and his injury occured after Shipleys. I hope this works out for him, and he gets a chance to redeem himself.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Jaguars cut Kevin Elliott today, which would seem to mean that Jordan is entrenched as the team's third receiver after only being in Jacksonville for a short time. Good news for Shipley, who has tons of talent.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Jaguars cut Kevin Elliott today, which would seem to mean that Jordan is entrenched as the team's third receiver after only being in Jacksonville for a short time. Good news for Shipley, who has tons of talent.
If anyone could have used some good news, or better yet good luck, it's Jordan. After being a Biletnikoff Award finalist in college and leading AFC rookies in receiving yards, it seemed like his career was safely on a positive trajectory. Then all bad news. From the season ending injury to Marvin "Black Jesus" Lewis' unfair treatment and lake of opportunity to finally the jerk-around he received at the hands of Tampa's Gap-Toothed Wigger™ head coach.

It would be immensely rewarding to see Jordan develop into a 1,000 yard receiver for Jacksonville, or another team, someday.

*Note: Bengals players and Cinci DWFs actually refer to Lewis as that*

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
It seems to me that Shipley's main problem is staying healthy. When he's healthy he's shown himself to be a quality NFL receiver.

I think Shipley is best suited on the outside and not the slot though he can play the slot as well.

A natural fit for Shipley would have been Cleveland where they need receivers.

I hope Shipley is able to stay healthy and has a great career in Jacksonville!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Shipley is the front runner to keep the slot position he was used in after Jax signed him during the latter portion of last season. He proved as a rookie that he can excel, if he stays healthy I expect a very nice year out of him as he will be a great outlet option for Gabbert or Henne.

Jordan Shipley Offers Jacksonville Jaguars Untapped Potential

by Joey Farbo

The Jacksonville Jaguars new regime has spent this offseason looking for young free agents that still offer the potential for improvement and becoming significant contributors on what figures to be one of the youngest rosters in the NFL next season.

Perhaps the most intriguing of these free agents is wide receiver Jordan Shipley, who has a chance to earn significant playing time in a very young and promising group of wide receivers. Shipley flashed some of that potential late last season with the Jaguars in which he caught 23 passes for 244 yards and a touchdown after being signed off of the street. The tape that Shipley put out late last season was obviously impressive enough for new Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell to offer him a two-year deal.

Now with the Jaguars parting ways with Laurent Robinson, Shipley has a chance to become the third receiving option behind Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon. If Shipley can return to form in 2013, whoever is playing quarterback for the Jaguars will have a nice complement of targets to throw to.

Shipley, a third-round pick by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2010 draft, immediately displayed his potential in his rookie year by catching 52 passes for 600 yards. However, his career was derailed early in the 2011 season after he suffered a torn ACL. After the injury the Bengals moved on and he spent most of the first half of the 2012 season out of football except for one game he played with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/...guars-untapped-potential/?obxYVIAoCfitim07.99

backrow

Hall of Famer
even rotoworld reports Shipley will man the slot:

Jaguars.com believes Jordan Shipley will likely be the team's slot receiver this season.

Shipley was signed off the street prior to Week 12 last season, and he immediately contributed by catching 23 passes for 244 yards and one touchdown in six games with Chad Henne tossing him the ball. He'll have to earn it, but he'll be flanked by Justin Blackmon and Cecil Shorts.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Although it stinks that he's relegated to the "white man's receiver position", the slot, I would rather see Shipley on the field, in the slot position, than rotting away on the sidelines.