Jordan Peterson

SteveB

Mentor
This kid received a lot of interest from Div 1 schools down here in Texas. What's amazing is that most of the recruiting experts projects him as a safety (is anyone suprised), but he has always played corner. His size would also dictate corner.

http://www.jordanpeterson.com/

There is one expert that thinks he can play corner (you have to scroll down to find Jordan).

http://maxemfingerrecruiting.scout.com/2/94223.html

We'll keep an eye on him at the next level.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What high school does/did he play for?

SteveB

Mentor
He played in high school at Lexington TX, which is a small town in central TX. He will be at Texas A&M in the fall. Check out his stats 4.38 40 time and 36.5" vertical. He will only get faster when he gets into the strength program at A&M.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wow, I wonder what Black Guy would say about a slow boy like him? Probably emphasize the 6 Billiob blacks who can supposedly run faster than him. I wish he'd give a big list of names of high school kids who can run 4.2's, and I don't mean coach timed 40's either. I mean legit, documented and provable 4.2's. The funny thing is, I have never been around a black or white guy who could run faster than a 4.55, and I played public school football for 4 years. the two fastest guys were a white and a black and they were equal in speed. The white guy was shorter and lighter, and didn't even run track. He played baseball. Then he joined the football team. The black guy played every sport but baseball.

SteveB

Mentor
You right about the 4.2 comment. There are only very few high schoolers, black or white, nationwide that can consistently run under 4.4 in the 40. I would even venture to guess that it is probably less than 25 or 30.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I knew of a few kids who could run faster that a 4.5 in high school, but I did not play with any of them. I played against a couple. I don't remember even hearing of anyone in my area who could run faster than a legit 4.4. That was from 1991-1994 in 1A Football in North Louisiana and North Mississippi. I think some people threw around the number 4.3, but I doubt anyone could consistently run a 4.30. No one ever mentioned 4.2. I imagine 25 or so is about right for the country if we are talking legitimate timings.

SteveB

Mentor
Jordan has caught the eyes of the A&M coaches in the first week of fall practice. He was mentioned a number of times by Coach Fran in his highlights of the first week. He returned two interceptions for touchdowns while playing cornerback. He is also working at returning kickoffs and punts. He is a true freshman, so he will probably be redshirted, but at least he is making an impression in practice. It is good that they haven't moved him to safety. Next year could be the year that we see a starting white CB at A&M since the 70's.

SteveB

Mentor
Every year at this time, A&M has an event called the "Night of Champions" where the football team puts on a weightlifting/agility competition for the student body to attend. Jordan Peterson wowed the crowd by setting a school record in the vertical jump competition with a 41" jump.

This year the Aggies changed defensive coordinators are going to a 4-2-5 defense which means 3 CBs on the field at all times. Look for Jordan to be one of those CBs starting and will have a great year. He is just too athletic not to be out there.Edited by: SteveB

whiteCB

Master
Great news SteveB. Keep keepin us non Texans informed of whats goin on down there. Hey how is Texas WR Jordan Shipley doing this spring?

SteveB

Mentor
I hear that Shipley is healthy and performing well in spring practice. You wouldn't know it by reading the UT message boards. It's the typical white hating fans that believe that he is overrated. Even though he plays for UT (Aggies arch enemy), I hope he does well this year.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Jordan is a great young talent! many consider him to already be the best defensive back on A&M's campus.

SteveB, have you gotten to watch him in person? how good is this kid from your perspective?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Real nice hit...I like A&M this year. Is Brandon Leone white or of spanish origin?

SteveB

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
SteveB, have you gotten to watch him in person? how good is this kid from your perspective?

I watched him in the Spring game and he looked really good. He is very physical in bump and run, yet has the speed to cover anyone. He and Chad Schroeder are two of the three fastest guys on the team.

As for Brandon Leone, he is definitely white, but I am not sure if he is Spanish or Italian descent.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Thanks Steve...hopefully I will be able to watch a few of their games this year.

SteveB

Mentor
Well, today was not a good day for Jordan. Texas Tech threw the game winning pass to the receiver that Jordan was covering. He was in tight one on one and the quarterback just made a perfect pass, just inches over his hands. He will turn out to be the goat on the loss. I hope he bounces back and has a great season. He's only a freshman.

white is right

Hall of Famer
SteveB said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:

I watched him in the Spring game and he looked really good. He is very physical in bump and run, yet has the speed to cover anyone. He and Chad Schroeder are two of the three fastest guys on the team.

As for Brandon Leone, he is definitely white, but I am not sure if he is Spanish or Italian descent.
Leone is an Italian surname. Tia Leone is the famous actress who is partially Italian and shares the same surname.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
SteveB was right. Jordan couldn't have had better coverage on the play, his hands just barely fell short of the deflection. but as they say "there's no defense for the perfect pass." it was just an exceptionally well-thrown ball.

Jordan did get abused in the first half, however. TT's filani really showed him the works, but in the second half Jordan showed his mental toughness. he played outstanding football! in fact, i believe it was his misfortune that the game-winning TD was the only completion he allowed in the half. so the future looks bright for him.

devans

Mentor
Leonardfan said:
Real nice hit...I like A&M this year. Is Brandon Leone white or of spanish origin?

Hey guys - Last time I looked Spain was in Europe. Many Spanish people have quite olive skin and many are as white as your average Irishman. Let's not be too selective over what we call white. Perhaps I misunderstood what you are getting at with your use of the term Spanish? If so, please enlighten me.

SteveB

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
SteveB was right. Jordan couldn't have had better coverage on the play, his hands just barely fell short of the deflection. but as they say "there's no defense for the perfect pass." it was just an exceptionally well-thrown ball.

DC Darnell said in the press conference that the Aggies had on a max blitz where everyone rushes the QB except for the CBs. The problem was a couple of players didn't blitz leaving Harrell plenty of time to make the perfect pass. What a screw up and Jordan gets the blame.

There must have been a dozen questions from the media about whether Jordan was good enough to play the position. To their credit, the players and coaches defended Jordan, saying he was the only player that they wanted to cover that guy.Edited by: SteveB

whiteCB

Master
I'm sure one of the questions the media asked is if Jordan will be moved to safety. The same type of sh*t they tried to do with Fox but they stopped after they realized that the coaching staff wasn't buying into their b.s.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it is readily apparent that Peterson is easily their most physically gifted defensive back. but as i said before, he still is very raw from a technique perspective.

just imagine how good he will be when he really learns how to play the position instead of just relying on his amazing athletic ability...
smiley32.gif
the sky is the limit for this kid!

SteveB

Mentor
Here's a great photo of Jordan defending the game winning TD. Football is a game of inches.

jpeterson.jpg

KG2422

Mentor
I'm glad I missed the 4th quarter. I might have broke something. I had and still have high hopes for the aggies this year.