Jordan Peterson

jared

Mentor
Well, today is a sad day. I've read it in too many places now, Jordan Peterson has been moved to safety.

See also: this link

New A&M defensive coordinator Joe Kines cut his coaching teeth in the SEC at such perennially white-friendly institutions as Arkansas, Alabama, and Florida State; He know what REAL cornerbacks are supposed to look like.
smiley35.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Ryan Swope should withdraw his commitment to A&M if he wants to play RB in college. It will never happen with status quo spineless coaches. Texas A&M appears to go with the flow like most Universities, too pansy to shake things up and face the cynicism of the drunken white fans and black RBs who demand playing time at their "chosen position" (as Eric Dickerson calls it). Swope could star at a school like BYU, Utah, Northwestern, Stanford maybe even Kansas. And Hunter Furr picking North Carolina might be a mistake, the coaching staff hasn't promised him even a shot at RB, they are already talking about having him as a Safety I hear.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
BTW to stay on topic this is a sad commentary of our society and I am very disappointed for Peterson. If he wants to continue at CB he should demand to stay there or transfer unless he honestly thinks he would be better at safety! White athletes are going to have to start speaking up to change the culture. The drunken fans and Rivals black power media don't see things through an objective lens. But with Rivals I dare say it is an anti-white Marxist agenda, not specious reasoning!

One-time cornerback Jordan Peterson is now a safety, and one-time safety Jordan Pugh is now a cornerback. The Aggies own plenty of experienced d-backs, but they can't be expected to carry this defense.

let me guess Jordan pugh is the right hue to play corner back ??

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Pugh is black.

SteveB

Mentor
Pugh was a highly rated cornerback coming out of high school but has average DB speed (4.5 40 time). That is why the last coaching regime made him a safety. I think that this is a bad move on Sherman's part. Doesn't make sense to take Peterson, who is one of the best athletes on the team, and swap him with Pugh. It would make more sense to try to improve Peterson's coverage skills and keep him at CB.

jared

Mentor
Not to mention that Peterson is one of the smallest DB's on the team. But now he gets to crash the line as a run support safety despite being a phenom athlete capable of playing corner. sigh...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And now the campaign has begun to make Peterson a backup safety (article below posted by Draft Daddy), as he gets the Schweigert-Considine-Archuleta treatment. Black DBs get beaten regularly and many don't know how to tackle, but a white DB must play perfectly at all times. Given that Caste clown Mike Sherman is now the head coach, Petersonwould appear to nothave a chance:
<H3>Cyrus Gray, Goodson shine during Aggies' scrimmage</H3>

Here a few observations from early Saturday morning's scrimmage:

Freshman running back Cyrus Gray and junior tailback Mike Goodson are two very special players, who will certainly make the explosive plays first-year head coach Mike Sherman needs this season.

They were easily the highlights of the three-hour scrimmage at Kyle Field.

On the first possession, Gray impressed those in the stands for the 7:30 a.m. start with a tackle-breaking 30-yard touchdown run. And then on the third offensive possession of the game he topped that with an over the shoulder catch against Arkeith Brown for a 60-yard touchdown pass from Stephen McGee.

Not to be outdone, Goodson had a couple spectacular scores himself. He took a short dump pass from McGee and then proceeded to make free safety Jordan Peterson and the rest of the defense look silly en route to an 80-yard touchdown play.

Later in the day, McGee hit Goodson on a short slant route in which he spun out of couple tackles on the way to the end zone. It was an especially good day for Goodson, who had maybe gotten behind the other running backs in the new coaching staff's mind after missing several days with a groin injury.

Another interesting point is it looks as though this staff will try to put Gray and Goodson on the field at times with one dropping into the slot to provide a more explosive package.

"I thought our running backs as a whole played well," Sherman said. "(Goodson) made some big plays. Cyrus had the long catch on the inside seam route, and Goodson saw that and came back with a play of his own. Goodson finished very well today which was good to see coming off that injury. He was a little bit behind, but he had determination to finish things today."

But as good as the running backs looked, the defense showed many signs for concern. The biggest being overall team speed. There were too many times Goodson and Gray just simply out ran guys like middle linebacker Matt Featherston and Peterson.

One area of the defense that should be watched closely is the safeties, where Peterson has become the unquestioned No.1 free safety in his first year at the position after shifting from cornerback. Devin Gregg, the Aggies most experienced defensive member (29 career starts, 26 straight) and Alton Dixon (11 career starts) _ both seniors _ are engaged in a back-and-forth battle for the strong safety spot. Dixon ran mostly with the No.1 unit Saturday after several good practices.

The thing is Gregg seems much more suited for the free safety position, while Dixon and his physical style is a natural strong safety.

I asked Sherman following Saturday's scrimmage about the decision to take his two most experienced safeties and make them compete for one position and virtually give Peterson the free safety job.

Sherman said it came down to Peterson's ability to communicate and get the defense in its right sets.

"We just feel like we have depth at both positions and Peterson does a great job of getting us lined up over there," Sherman said. "We feel very comfortable with him over there.

"We just feel we have the competition at that spot (strong safety). We feel like our depth is fine at the position, we have really good safeties competing. One day Devin is the starter and the next day it's the other guy. It's just competition. But of all of them Peterson gets us lined up the best."

So that is the major difference?

"If you put all of our safeties in a bucket, what does Peterson do for us? He's played a lot of football (11 starts and seen actions in 18 games at corner over the last two seasons), No.1. He's a natural safety.

"Some guys are great communicators and sometimes they talk a little too much, you know?" Sherman continued. "He's a good player on the field. There are great players who just don't like to talk, they just want to take care of their deal. Peterson is not a quiet kid. He likes that part of the game and that's an added dimension that he gives. We would struggle if he wasn't out there with that."

Some of that certainly makes sense. The problem is Peterson was a liability at corner the last two years and it looks like more of the same may be in store this season with several big plays made on him Saturday. But hey, the Aggies were in the right defenses.

What are your thoughts?

[url]http://blogs.chron.com/aggies/2008/08/cyrus_gray_and_goodson _shine_d.html[/url]

jared

Mentor
That writer Terrance Harris is a total clown shoe. He has had nothing but
hate for Jordan Peterson since he first arrived at A&M. You can go back and
look at his earlier blog entries and can see he's just flat out fabricating a
story line that fits his negative opinion of Peterson - even if it completely
contradicts what actually happened on the field. Edited by: jared

jared

Mentor
I love how these idiots talk about Peterson moving to his "natural position",
that he's more "naturally suited" to play safety.

1. He was a freshman All Big 12 corner.
2. He's one of the fastest people on the whole team.
3. He's one of the smallest DBs on the whole team.
4. He has more corner experience than anybody on the team.

Yep, sounds like a clear cut need to be moved to safety alright. Very
"natural" indeed.
smiley11.gif

KG2422

Mentor
Excellent post Jared. I hope he plays well wherever they put him, but it is difficult to switch postions at this level and not lose something. He might want to consider a transfer to Iowa or BYU. I think he still has his redshirt.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
He absolutely should transfer. White players are going to have to start doing things differently if they are at the caste positions and want a shot at the big leagues. Clearly this Sherman caste clown is treating Peterson differently than the last coach.

Peterson should go meet with Sherman and say:

"I'm meeting with you because you have treated me from the get go much different than my last coach and I believe it has to do with stereotyping. You and some of the Texas media believe I cannot play CB when I have actually done a solid job as a starter and am still an underclassmen and learning. I am one of the very fastest guys on the entire team. As of right now I am filing my paper work to transfer."

He could also add:

"I hope you consider the mindset of the unfair stereotyping in our culture when evaluating players in the future, but cannot afford to have you learn that with me."

Jordan absolutely should transfer right now and not waste his time. He should be working on this right now so he doesn't lose anymore time. He'd have to sit this season and then could move right into starting for a new team next season. Don't be an idiot like Tre Smith Jordan, you will rot on the bench with that clown coach. God I'm glad Sherman was cut from the NFL coaching ranks!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

SteveB

Mentor
Peterson had an interception today and returned it 48 yds for a TD against New Mexico.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
he looks so out of place back there at safety. he's their smallest, fastest defensive back (not to mention his incredible vertical) and they've got him playing safety...
smiley5.gif

the caste system boggles the mind.

SteveB

Mentor
Reports from the A&M spring practices say that Peterson has been moved back to corner and listed as a starter. Jordan Pugh couldn't get it done last year giving a 15 yd cushion to every receiver because of his lack of speed. Pugh has been moved back to Safety. Good luck to Peterson in the Fall.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
SteveB, great news if true. I can only hope that Jordan will have a longer leash to play CB. The coaches need to stick with him at CB if they are moving him back again.