HBO's Great Black Hopes

The Hock

Master
Now I know how the word "stumblebum" came about. Mitchell looked like a real bum and ended the fight stumbling around the ring. Looked like something from a Rocky movie.

Arreola wants Wilder next. Let's do it. Clean 'em out Chris.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Now I know how the word "stumblebum" came about. Mitchell looked like a real bum and ended the fight stumbling around the ring. Looked like something from a Rocky movie.

Arreola wants Wilder next. Let's do it. Clean 'em out Chris.

Yep.I'd certainly root for Arreola over Wilder. In fact, it would be the same to me as if Klitschko or Povetkin were fighting the ugly black dope. Arreola has three loses, two of those are to Klitschko and Adamek, who are at the top of the heavyweight class. The other one is surprising losing to an obese Stiverne. Deontay "Blackstar" Wilder won't be able to knock Arreola out like he's done to all his other tomato cans.

I believe the boxing world has seen the last of Seff Michell. He has a worse chin than Tommy Gunn and no boxing skills to survive a onslaught. I kinda wish he was a typical affelet, but I believe he is decent person. Nevertheless, the black dopes and DWFs are pillow munching getting hosed by reality.
Aareola has never looked particularly great to me. He obviously has good power but he doesn't look that great technically and he seems pretty easy to hit. So the fact he was able to steamroll Mitchell, I hope they are done hyping him. Now it seems Wilder is the #1 hype job. I say give Aareola a shot at him. We all know Wilder is being protected for some reason and the Ks would destroy both of them anyways.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I believe the boxing world has seen the last of Seff Michell. He has a worse chin than Tommy Gunn and no boxing skills to survive a onslaught. I kinda wish he was a typical affelet, but I believe he is decent person. Nevertheless, the black dopes and DWFs are pillow munching getting hosed by reality.
Yes Mitchell will either fade away or become cannon fodder for up and coming prospects. His career is eerily similar to fellow ex Michigan State football player Tom McNeely. The only difference is McNeely was able to fight for the world title and Mitchell will never fight for the lineal belt and has a marginal chance at best to fight for a splintered belt. Mitchell's chin makes Bruce Seldon's chin look like the Great Wall of China....:scared:

TKO 1 Seth Mitchell is one of Cris's better results in years. Cris has always had explosive power, size, and a better boxing ability than he is given credit for. Great performance from Cris and congrats to him!

To his credit, Seth Mitchell has a lot of heart and always gets up when he's knocked down. No defense whatsoever though. It speaks volumes about (mainly white) American boxing fans that just one or two years ago, some boxing fans actually thought Seth Mitchell would give the Klitschko brothers a good fight... Talk about delusional.

a5308860

Banned
[video=youtube;gUlfI5VlZuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUlfI5VlZuY[/video]

a5308860

Banned
wilder gets decked at about 2:00 into this video

[video=youtube;FNO5bVPP-uw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNO5bVPP-uw[/video]

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Journeyman Harold Sconiers also put Wilder on his ass. Polish heavy, Zimnoch, 16-0, fighting next week, beat Wilder in the world amateur championship. I don't know if he knocked him down or not.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Journeyman Harold Sconiers also put Wilder on his ass. Polish heavy, Zimnoch, 16-0, fighting next week, beat Wilder in the world amateur championship. I don't know if he knocked him down or not.
Hopefully Zimnoch takes care of Deontay BLACKSTAR Wilder. He's the biggest hype job on the planet these days. The DWF's want him as champion.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I think they're aiming at a Polish Zimnoch-Szpylka confrontation as those two have been at odds.

Great Black Dope Wilder only fights against hand picked safe opponents, like that corpulent fellow above - and that was his eleventh pro fight, not his first!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
In contrast to the pampered Deontay Wilder, Vasyl Lomachenko is taking on a live opponent, Jose Ramirez, in his very first pro fight.

Ramirez is in his prime at age 24, and has a record of 25-3 with 15 KOs. He's never been stopped and two of his losses were controversial split decisions.

The Hock

Master
I think they're aiming at a Polish Zimnoch-Szpylka confrontation as those two have been at odds.

Great Black Dope Wilder only fights against hand picked safe opponents, like that corpulent fellow above - and that was his eleventh pro fight, not his first!

That was a pro fight? I thought that was from a Toughman contest.

Ambrose

Master
In contrast to the pampered Deontay Wilder, Vasyl Lomachenko is taking on a live opponent, Jose Ramirez, in his very first pro fight.

Ramirez is in his prime at age 24, and has a record of 25-3 with 15 KOs. He's never been stopped and two of his losses were controversial split decisions.

Very good observation Carcharias. You also posted that Beterbiev thread. He is another Easterner who started off with a real, professional fighter. Yes, no one should criticize these men of building inflated records like Wilder.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Last night Bradley who got a gift win last night is now calling himself the 3rd best PFP in the world. LOL. He previously got beat by Pacman and a rugged Russian fighter, but somehow got the Ws. Last night I though the fight with Marquez was a draw. Bradley is playing the Berto game perfectly with the inept judges. Likely cause Arum makes more money with Marquez.

a5308860

Banned
Last night Bradley who got a gift win last night is now calling himself the 3rd best PFP in the world. LOL. He previously got beat by Pacman and a rugged Russian fighter, but somehow got the Ws. Last night I though the fight with Marquez was a draw. Bradley is playing the Berto game perfectly with the inept judges. Likely cause Arum makes more money with Marquez.

HBO called Bradley a "Superstar" in the promo for the replay of the fight with Marquez. Bradley is a superstar in his dreams. And HBO's dreams. He would probably struggle to sell 5,000 tix if he headlined a card on his own, without a big name on the card with him.

a5308860

Banned

Wilder is getting so overrated it's sick. Still hasn't fought anyone either. Tony Thompson recently said that he called out Wilder but his management wanted no part of it. And of course the Wilder lemmings come out and say that there would be no point in that fight because Wilder would just KO Thompson inside of 3. Wlad didn't do that in 2 tries against Thompson and neither did Pulev. Now a guy who hasn't fought anyone inside the top 50 will do it? I would love to know why Wilder's next opponent, ranked outside of the top 75, is deserving and Thompson is not. :der:

Wilder is getting so overrated it's sick. Still hasn't fought anyone either. Tony Thompson recently said that he called out Wilder but his management wanted no part of it. And of course the Wilder lemmings come out and say that there would be no point in that fight because Wilder would just KO Thompson inside of 3. Wlad didn't do that in 2 tries against Thompson and neither did Pulev. Now a guy who hasn't fought anyone inside the top 50 will do it? I would love to know why Wilder's next opponent, ranked outside of the top 75, is deserving and Thompson is not. :der:
Watched the Wilder-Firtha fight and these are my observations: wilder is 29-0 with 29 KOs, so why is he fighting a guy who is 21-10? The announcers stated Wilder couldn't get a better opponent because of money issues. This stinks to high hell! He's obviously avoiding better fighters. Wilder is all offense...he got tagged multiple times by Firtha, who quite honestly looked like a very slightly above average pro. Any upper echelon fighter will be able to hurt Wilder. He's been floored in the amateurs and it will happen in the pros. Wilder stands flat footed and throws bombs...this won't work against upper echelon fighters. I won't say he's a horrible fighter because he isn't. That said, I think his handlers know he will taste the canvas eventually and probably want to make as much money on him as possible. If they thought he was capable of winning a title they would have got him an opportunity long ago.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Watched the Wilder-Firtha fight and these are my observations: wilder is 29-0 with 29 KOs, so why is he fighting a guy who is 21-10? The announcers stated Wilder couldn't get a better opponent because of money issues. This stinks to high hell! He's obviously avoiding better fighters. Wilder is all offense...he got tagged multiple times by Firtha, who quite honestly looked like a very slightly above average pro. Any upper echelon fighter will be able to hurt Wilder. He's been floored in the amateurs and it will happen in the pros. Wilder stands flat footed and throws bombs...this won't work against upper echelon fighters. I won't say he's a horrible fighter because he isn't. That said, I think his handlers know he will taste the canvas eventually and probably want to make as much money on him as possible. If they thought he was capable of winning a title they would have got him an opportunity long ago.
Deonday"Blackstar" Wilder claims he will fight a Klitschko in 2014. Once he fights someone that can punch he's a done deal. Blackstar won't know what hit him. He has a terrible chin as can be seen by how bum Harold Sconiers put him on his ass. That's why he hand picks these guys he fights, he knows he can't beat a puncher.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Deonday"Blackstar" Wilder claims he will fight a Klitschko in 2014. Once he fights someone that can punch he's a done deal. Blackstar won't know what hit him. He has a terrible chin as can be seen by how bum Harold Sconiers put him on his ass. That's why he hand picks these guys he fights, he knows he can't beat a puncher.
I watched the international feed and Dave Bontempo all but implied Wilder will get a rude awakening when he fights a legit top 10 fighter. Shoot this guy who is really a cannon fodder ESPN opponent bum rushed him and mildly stunned him in the first. Bontempo stated that he commits too much on his shots and leaves himself wide open for counters. Plus usually fighters with his frame can't take a punch. If you look at his upper body it's strong and developed but his legs are built like a giraffe. See Tommy Hearns when he got nailed by big punchers.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I watched the international feed and Dave Bontempo all but implied Wilder will get a rude awakening when he fights a legit top 10 fighter. Shoot this guy who is really a cannon fodder ESPN opponent bum rushed him and mildly stunned him in the first. Bontempo stated that he commits too much on his shots and leaves himself wide open for counters. Plus usually fighters with his frame can't take a punch. If you look at his upper body it's strong and developed but his legs are built like a giraffe. See Tommy Hearns when he got nailed by big punchers.

I didn't see the fight but are you saying Firthia mildy stunned him? I know Harold Sconniers put him on his ass.

The Hock

Master
I watched about half around and was so disgusted with how crappy Firtha was (I think I could beat thim back in the day ) I had to find something else to do. Some dope on Eastside wrote that Wilder "put on a punching display." For his thirtieth fight? Very telling what they think of him. And must know about him.

Ambrose

Master
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gUlfI5VlZuY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=gUlfI5VlZuY

This morbidly obese fighter knocked the bum down too - but the referee called it a slip!

So Wolf, how do we know that is a knockdown and not a slip? On the mainstream boxing forums there would be a parade of defenders writing that off as a slip.

I'll tell you how:

look

how

Wilder's

feet

never

cross

and

how

his

feet

never

touch

his

opponent's

feet

It was a clean knockdown. I said before Wilder's neck is skinny and long and he will have a weak chin as a condition of his body. And he doesn't hit hard he hits often and reaches in. There is a difference. Thomas Hearns was the same way -he could reach in and hit often. I am certain Wilder is fake and will never be a threat to dominate like the Klitchkos have. One of the big men from the East will crack him out but good.