in fact the most talented boxer I've seen in years and clearly the best on the
planet pound for pound.

Kaptain

Master
Seahawker71 said:
Mayweather is
in fact the most talented boxer I've seen in years and clearly the best on the
planet pound for pound.

Aren't you the same troll who thinks hip-hop is good for the NFL? What a profound statement to say that Mayweather is the pound for pound best. You repeat it like a well-trained robot.

Personally, I think Mayweather is the pound for pound most over-rated in the planet. To bring praise to guy who clearly runs away from any and every opponent inside the ring is undue praise indeed.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
To be fair, most boxing experts have Mayweather as the #1 pound-for-pound in boxing. I agree with them.

But I do think Hatton has a very good shot at pulling the upset on 12/8. Mayweather does not like constant pressure or body shots and that is what Ricky will bring.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
IMO, Hatton is going to have to KO Mayweather to win. And I don't think this one will be on the judges. Mayweather is the fastest boxer in all of boxing in many years. Floyd will win on points unless he is KOed IMO, which is possible, by Hatton. Legitimately, Hatton should have a shot if he turned it into a brawl and did some damage knocking Floyd down a couple times and in that case if he lost it may be on the judges.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
To be fair, most boxing experts have Mayweather as the #1 pound-for-pound in boxing. I agree with them.

But I do think Hatton has a very good shot at pulling the upset on 12/8. Mayweather does not like constant pressure or body shots and that is what Ricky will bring.

I thought the fight was 11/8? What is the actual date and will this fight be shown on HBO?

G

Like I said earlier, the keys for Hatton will be supreme conditioning, constant pressure(nine rounds) and enough power to leave welts and bruises on Mayweather. He needs to study the first Castiello fight. It is universally agreed that Mayweather lost the fight. He lost becuase he did not have any room to move or get off his punches. Oscar did not win outright becuase he got tired in the last couple of rounds. Mayweather has good stamina, Hatton's will have to be better. I really dislike Mayweather becuase he embraces that hip hop nonsense. I am sure the great Sugar Ray Leanord looks upon PBF as a minstrial clown!
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
For Hatton to win he needs to watch a video of JCC defeating Meldrick Taylor or some old Jake Lamotta tapes. Also having a ref that allows his rugged style is a must. Also he has to establish a body attack early to take away Mayweather's legs late. If this were a 15 rounder Hatton would have a better chance in my opinion. Edited by: white is right

G

I thought the fight was 11/8? What is the actual date and will this fight be shown on HBO?

December 8th and it will be on HBO. I don't know if that's HBO pay per view or regular HBO?

ww

white is right

Hall of Famer
It's on HBO PPV the date is December the 8th. One week later it will be rebroadcast on regular HBO.

Seahawker71

Kaptain Poop said:
Seahawker71 said:
Mayweather is
in fact the most talented boxer I've seen in years and clearly the best on
the
planet pound for pound.

Aren't you the same troll who thinks hip-hop is good for the NFL? What a
profound statement to say that Mayweather is the pound for pound best.
You repeat it like a well-trained robot.

Personally, I think Mayweather is the pound for pound most over-rated in
the planet. To bring praise to guy who clearly runs away from any and
every opponent inside the ring is undue praise indeed.

You can't score points in Boxing running. Eventually you have the let the
leather fly.People don't like Mayweather's style because they like KO
artists and brawlers but I enjoyed watching Calzhage destroy Lacy
because he was doing Pugilistic Mastery. Speed and quickness and not
getting hit. That's exciting to me.I'm not trying to be a robot honestly
but Mayweather is a special boxer. Hatton has his work cut out for him
here. It's going to be a great fight.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
It is PPV and I hope we all support this fight. Other communities support their fighters. Have a few friends over to split the cost. You can also educate them about the caste system at the same time.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Seahawker71 said:
Kaptain Poop said:
Seahawker71 said:
Mayweather is
in fact the most talented boxer I've seen in years and clearly the best on
the
planet pound for pound.

Aren't you the same troll who thinks hip-hop is good for the NFL? What a
profound statement to say that Mayweather is the pound for pound best.
You repeat it like a well-trained robot.

Personally, I think Mayweather is the pound for pound most over-rated in
the planet. To bring praise to guy who clearly runs away from any and
every opponent inside the ring is undue praise indeed.

You can't score points in Boxing running. Eventually you have the let the
leather fly.People don't like Mayweather's style because they like KO
artists and brawlers but I enjoyed watching Calzhage destroy Lacy
because he was doing Pugilistic Mastery. Speed and quickness and not
getting hit. That's exciting to me.I'm not trying to be a robot honestly
but Mayweather is a special boxer. Hatton has his work cut out for him
here. It's going to be a great fight.
"Gayweather" is partially a runner out of necessity he was originally a 130 fighter. At 130 he used to attack and whack guys out. He destroyed Angel Manfredy and beat the crap out of Diego Corrales. Also he made Genaro Hernandez retire on his stool. So I will give him credit for taking on natural stronger guys. That said because of styles I will cheer for Hatton.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
There is no boxer I would sooner see get KOed than Mayweather. Yes, he's fast and slick, but he's very overrated, and has benefited from several "gift" decisions, such as against JL Castillo and De La Hoya. His opponents have been carefully hand-picked, like the limited Zab Judah, old Carlos Baldomir and shot fighters like Arturo Gatti and Phillip N'Dou. He's deliberately avoided people like Tszyu and Mosely, who would have had a good chance of beating him.

C'mon Ricky, KO the mouthy little bitch!

G

Just watched the replay of Miguel Cotto's destruction of Zab Judea. This is the blueprint for Hatton to defeat PBF. He has to be in top cardio shape and never let up. PBF is a gifted boxer who has a f... up alliance with Hip Hop. To me the caste system doesn't exist in boxing. Its one on one and the best man wins, however, I just can't stand PBF. I want Hatton to punish him and God willing have him quit on his stool. Believe me Hatton will have to be outstanding cardio shape to chase, pound and be on PBF the entire fight to win. I hope he is listens to the promoter Oscar De la Hoya on this fight.

G

To me the caste system doesn't exist in boxing. Its one on one and the best man wins,..

You overlook the little matter of bought and paid for referees and judges, gangster matchmakers, fixed fights, blatantly biased media...

ww

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"To me the caste system doesn't exist in boxing. Its one on one and the best man wins"

You're right, but the caste system exists in hearts and minds of the poison-spewing sportswriters, boxing analysts, commentators and judges. The only reason white boxers succeed is because their fate is in their own hands (as opposed to being drafted, benched, having limited playing time, etc.)

Remember guys, the only reason boxing is so white is because all the black talent is in the NBA and NFL....NOT! Those f*ggots couldn't even survive crappy black American heavyweights (which isn't saying much), let alone Klitschko, Maskaev, and the dozens of huge white heavies coming up fast from Russia! It's gunna be a LONG decade for blacks in the HW division, HAHAHAHA, THANK GOD!Edited by: Thrashen

I believe the caste system exists in boxing as well. The only difference is that boxing, mma, collegiate Greco-Roman freestyle etc, are individual sports where it is much more difficult for the powers that be to keep it in place. One example is Kelly Pavlik, the young man(as I believe his promoter alluded to) was unable to get mainstream coverage for the longest time. He dismantled opponent after opponent only to remain unknown to those who were not hard core boxing fans. Then, to add insult to injury, after staying with Taylor jab for jab, punch for punch we were informed that all judges had Taylor ahead. One judge had Taylor up by like 4, 0r 5 points! That is just ridiculous! Which (sorry to get off topic) is why I am cautious in wanting Pavlik to fight Taylor again. Do I think Taylor can beat Pavlik? No, not really. However I believe the odds of Taylor running around the ring throwing 9 punches a round will be high this time around. The only question is will the judges reward such a pathetic display? If past decisions are any indication I would say they will.

P.S. I do believe that Pavlik will take Taylo out before the final bell whether Taylor comes to fight or run.

Seahawker71

Pavlik is a tough fighter to gauge because he doesn't "look" like he should be
a KO artist. He doesn't "look" like he can walk ahead and dominate the fight
and lets be honest HBO "blessed" fighters are always going to get gushed
over like Don King fighters.

white is right

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
To me the caste system doesn't exist in boxing. Its one on one and the best man wins,..____________________You overlook the little matter of bought and paid for referees and judges, gangster matchmakers, fixed fights, blatantly biased media...ww
It never existed in the past as boxing was a blatantly racist sport. I think many writers who aren't boxing writers but are rookie reporters who are forced to cover boxing still try and do their pc police reporting on the sport. These days the boxing beat isn't a coveted column it's down in the bottom of the barrell with high school sports and horseracing, so many novice reporters who don't know a hook from a jab cover the sport, and because they have liberal values(because they fear being fired) express them about the sport.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Seahawker71 said:
Pavlik is a tough fighter to gauge because he doesn't "look" like he should be
a KO artist. He doesn't "look" like he can walk ahead and dominate the fight
and lets be honest HBO "blessed" fighters are always going to get gushed
over like Don King fighters. I think he looks like a fighter but doesn't look like a world class fighter. He has the look of a good ESPN level fighter until you hear the pop of his shots. He literally sounds like he is hitting his opponents with a baseball bat. Trust me Taylor was it his best when he fought Pavlik, it's just Pavlik's power is Julian Jackson like.

G

WIR -

The tv boxing talking heads are the bottom of the barrel now - homosexual junkies, like Little bug-eyed Maxie, homicidal maniacs, like Atlas, random semi-coherant Bongonians, like Roy Jones...They used to have pros working the boxing scene, like Les Keiter, Don Dunphy, Howard Cosell...

ww

Hockaday

Guru
There are still some good announcers around. Jim Lampley is excellent. He is very good at describing the action, and his observations often anticipate what happens in the ring. Al Bernstein isn't bad.

Larry Merchant has fallen into the "yeah, but.." rut lately. I watched a couple fights where Lennox Lewis could hardly end his sentences without Merchant jumping in to contradict him. Lucky for Larry Lennox is laid back.

Hockaday wrote "Larry Merchant has fallen into the "yeah, but.." rut lately. I watched a couple fights where Lennox Lewis could hardly end his sentences without Merchant jumping in to contradict him. Lucky for Larry Lennox is laid back".

I noticed that very same thing. It was real obvious in the Pavlik fight when Lewis said that Miranda is knocked out of it. (I think it was the first knockdown in the sixth) then you hear Merchant screaming "Well he's back on his feet". Just one example of many.

Amren.com

Mentor
werewolf said:
To me the caste system doesn't exist in boxing. Its one on one and the best man wins,..____________________You overlook the little matter of bought and paid for referees and judges, gangster matchmakers, fixed fights, blatantly biased media...ww

However, there are crooked judges and refs that work against our fighters. If Pavlik didn't KO Taylor he probably would have lost on points no matter what he did.