Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton

From Secondsout.com.

http://www.secondsout.com/UK/news.cfm?ccs=228&cs=23255

Ricky Hatton gives insight on how he will beat Floyd Mayweather. This is interesting as this is from Ricky's own mouth and he goes into real good detail.

By Ricky Hatton: I think I know what Floyd Mayweather is up to tactically. He's got wonderful defense and speed. His defense is about making you miss. I think he would like his opponents to punch themselves out or try and punch themselves out. He likes them to waste many punches and he tends to try and come on a little bit down the final straight. But I think I know what he's up to tactically.

I intend to put the pressure on him right from the start. Don't waste a great deal of punches in the first six rounds. Leave plenty of gas in the tank for the last six rounds. But I think with me being the smaller man, if you like, a little bit, I think my speed will, and my footwork. I'm very fast at moving in on my opponents. I have no doubt as fast he goes back, I'll move forward just as fast.

But he likes to drop the shoulder and show you the shoulder. So, I think what you've got to do, you've got to come at him at different angles, because he goes at his side and drops his shoulder and tries to give you nothing to punch at. I think to counter that, his movement and angles, I'll be moving in quick, using speed and lots of left hand work. I think I know what he's up to, but I won't be leaving him alone from start to finish. That's my tactics.

I think Floyd's fight with Oscar De La Hoya was very close and could have gone either way. Oscar put the pressure right to him and that's a good sign for me, a good compliment. But even so, Oscar and I are still very, very different fighters. I think Oscar is a little bit more of a technician compared to me. But I think that's my game. Kostya Tszyu had that big murderous right hand and he couldn't hold me off him for twelve rounds and he's a very big puncher, powerful. A bit of a monster of a puncher and he couldn't keep me off of him and my stamina and punch volume just overwhelmed him that night.

Now, Floyd hasn't got that firepower of Kostya Tszyu. Even though he probably has as far as speed and talent goes, he's probably got more in that area than Kostya Tszyu had, but I don't want to end up with egg on my face. Anybody can punch hard enough to knock you out and certainly Floyd can do that with his speed. But I think, to be perfectly honest with you, I'd much rather have a speed match you know, than facing that big rocket launcher of a right hand of Kostya Tszyu. I'm not saying I'm willing to take a punch to get one in, and I'm not saying that Floyd hasn't got the power to knock me out. But when you talk about strength and power, Floyd hasn't quite got what Kostya Tszyu has got and my point is that he couldn't hold me off for twelve rounds. We're going to get the opportunity to see whether Floyd can hold me off for twelve rounds.
I've seen lots of Roger Mayweather and Floyd Mayweather's fights. They all fight the same way. They drop their shoulder and they change the angle and you know how they sway back from the punches. I think the key is that they want you to wheel punches in at them, tend to the vision, left, right and center. There's no point in throwing fifteen punches if two of them are landing. That's just a lot of crap. I think that's what people try and do and that's what Floyd and Roger and Floyd Sr. over the years, they've had that style where they drop their shoulder. I've shown in fights I've got the boxing ability to handle it. My power, my angles, my fainting, my moving in quick on my opponents, my speed of footwork along with the boxing ability, which I have in my arms and I have shown against certain fighters.

Floyd spends long periods doing nothing. He does it in bursts, if you like. I just think I've got the tools to do it. But you've got to have a little bit of talent and skill to beat someone like Floyd Mayweather as well, and if you watch carefully how quick I move in on my opponents, how I change the angles, I just think I've got the tools to do it. And I don't expect no one to believe me when I say that, but for me in my mind there's only one winner, there's only one winner at all.

I just think I know what to do against Floyd Mayweather and I'm not going to give it away too much. But I know all these people that are picking Floyd, there's going to be a few apologies coming my way and I'm sure every opponent has said the same at Floyd's face, but I just can't wait to go out there and say, 'well I'm going to do what I'm going to do'. I just can't wait. In my eyes this fight is already even over. I think Floyd is going to get the shock of his life. Lightly though, I think he has taken me lightly. I think he just thinks the obvious. I'm a strong kid, high workrate, loads of punches, body punches, 'I've fought 500 of them'. Well, I think he's going to get a shock.

WBC world welterweight champion "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather will meet British icon and world junior welterweight champion Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton in "UNDEFEATED", for the world welterweight championship on Saturday, December 8 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, USA. Promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and Mayweather Promotions, and sponsored by Rock Star Energy Drink, Tecate Beer and Southwest Airlines, the fight will be produced and distributed live in the USA by HBO Pay-Per-View

G

Just watched the HBO special 24/7 Mayweather and Hatton. That program really showed the differences between bad black and good white athelets. Mayweather talked of dominating fighters, when his last two fights went the distance and last one, which should have been a draw. He dominated no one recently. Just alot of bravado and ghetto talk. Hatton, humble, down to earth person without all the b.s.

If Hatton is superemly conditioned and doesn't get tired in the later rounds I see him winning the fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Ten days to go now until the fight. I'm going to arrive in Las Vegas on Friday afternoon - anyone else going to be there?

.Edited by: JD1986

G

Damn, I wish I could be there. I have been sensing great confidence in Hatton. I hope he will be able to apply pressure for at least 9 rounds. If he is able while pounding PBF face and body we could see a late TKO!

Hatton's task will not come easy. He must also smother PBF's punches and totally committ to busting up his body with vicious body blows. I have said before the main key to Hatton's victory will be supreme conditioning.

Lets go Ricky!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I think Ricky has a very good chance of pulling off the upset. Peter Manfredo also fights Jeff Lacy on the undercard. Two good caste matchups.

Angelcynn

Guru
I bet they will fail to mention that Manfredo and Lacy were both completely destryoed by Calzaghe as if Calzaghe still doesn't exist in America.

Anyways, Hatton is in amazing shape at the moment but I still can't help but think how much his weight fluctuation is damaging him. If Hatton was like Mayweather when it came to controlling weight I think Hatton would be more evenly matched when it comes to predicitions and the bookies ratings. I still think Hattons gonna win, I can't stop thinking about it. I keep for-seeing Hatton cracking Mayweathers chin with an audacious right hook. I still can't make up my mind on how much I'm gonna bet on Hatton to win (probably £50 which is about $100), but what I do know is that I'm going for a KO because realisticaly Hatton aint gonna win on points.

G

The bookies have Mayweather like a 2 to 1 favorite so far.

"
Ten days to go now until the fight. I'm going to arrive in Las Vegas on Friday afternoon - anyone else going to be there?
"

That's gonna be one exciting fight to be at - with all those thousands of crazy drunken painted up British fans! I wouldn't mind driving up there, but tickets must be impossible to get. I hope Hatton puts on a good show. I'm sure he will.

ww

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Will the people who decide on the Ring Magazine p4p ratings (many of them Jewish, see the names on the Ring website) rate Hatton as p4p #1 if he defeats Mayweather?

The others Ring rankings for each division are partly based on a system of who's beaten who, and only partly subjective. But the p4p rankings are largely based on opinion, and actually voted on.

Still, if you defeat the p4p #1 you should take over that rating, right? If Hatton wins I bet he still won't be rated p4p #1, and this will be a clear example of anti-white racism.

Angelcynn

Guru
I was thinking exactly that aswell JD1986. I was also thinking if Bernard Hopkins ever had the balls to fight Calzaghe (which Calzaghe would win) would Calzaghe be rated No1? I doubt it!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Amren.com said:
As long as it is applied consistently I don't have a problem with that.

It is never applied consistently with the Ring ratings, there is always prejudice against white boxers. For example, because they don't like Hatton, when he defeated p4p #10 Jose Luis Castillo, they didn't move Hatton up in the ratings. Then they dropped Castillo down to something like #90 p4p, to make Ricky's win less meaningful.

Edited by: JD1986

G

The whole "pound for pound" thing, invented by Ring magazine to fill up space in their worthless rag, is nothing but a list of boxers that the editor of Ring happens to like.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
The good thing about ratings of any kind, be it pound for pound or weight classes, is anyone can make their own list. If you don't agree with the rators or dislike them entirely, you may always ignore them. I don't like Ring Magazine so I don't buy it or visit their web- site. Just as an example, it seems almost unanimous around the professional boxing community that Joe Calzaghe would beat Hopkins and yet that same community of professional writers continue to contribute to putting Hopkins on the top of many influential pound for pound lists. Obviously rendering the lists more or less usless.Edited by: Maple Leaf

pt.guard2

Guru
Just curious, what do you guys really think of Hatton's chances? I am certainly rooting for him, but fear that it may be a typical Mayweather fight in which Floyd wins (or is given) a decision, based on his defensive skills and ability to flurry and steal rounds....

Hatton does appear to be in great shape, but I hope that his weight fluctuations as of late have not taken too much out of him......some experts (and I use the term loosely) feel he has not been the same since beating Kostya Tszyu.

Hockaday

Guru
I been a ponderin' this one, trying to come up with some brilliant prediction, but I can't. Ricky's got his work cut out for him. Along with having the bigger frame, Mayweather has a hell of a chin. Ricky's hustle and quickness, not his power, are his best assets in this fight. Ricky is a hell of an athlete, very quick with a good reportoire of moves, some Mayweather probably hasn't seen.

The key is when Floyd nails Ricky solidly. If Ricky can take Floyd's power, he'll give him all he can handle and then some.

G

The key is if Ricky has the stamina and endurance to go at least 10 rounds of pounding PBF's ribs and face. If he can, he wins a UD decision. If he can't he will lose on a decision. I don't believe PBF has the power to keep Ricky off. The last person he KO'd was washed up Sharmbe Mitchell three years ago. I believe Ricky has the ability to shock the boxing world if he is in supereme phyical condition. If he can land a couple of those vicious body shots in the opening round, the tone will be set. I can not wait for this fight. I can not stand PBF mannerism and "ghetto fabulous" persona. I am hoping this is a Kelly Pavlik on a smaller scale, weight wise. Lets Ricky!

Angelcynn

Guru
werewolf, I shall correct myself, it's actually £15 to order the Hatton v Gayweather fight. Which would equal $30 as you well know.

whiteCB

Master
I really hope Hatton beats the sh*t out of Floyd. I watched the HBO Mayweather/Hatton 24/7 show. Floyd is just so cocky and arrogant I wanted to punch him through my tv. He actually brings his children to the gym when he trains.
smiley5.gif
What the hell is that??? Mayweather is not taking this fight as seriously as he should and he is going to be in for a shock. Hatton is taking this fight as an overseas business trip. His training regime is much tougher and harder than that of Floyd's. Also it's funny I was watching the 24/7 show with a buddy and one of his "wigger" friends. The guy kind of dresses black but doesn't act too black. But his true wigger persona was coming out when he predicted Mayweather to win. It's sad a lot of white guys in this country really do buy into the whole black athletic myth.

G

Its less than 24 hours until the fight. I am curious why not more members are into this fight like the Pavlik/Taylor fight? I believe this fight is just as, if not more significant due to PBF being labeled the best pound for pound fighter. If Hatton wins it will be a major accomplishment for white boxers and possibly the final nail into the coffin of the "black superemcy" myth.

I hope that Hatton wins and cause "wiggers" to re-examine their values and began to re connect with their whiteness and shun the negro anti social behavior and buffonary. The reason these wiggers buy into it, is lack of a true father figure at home who teaches the world history of the whites. Lets Go Ricky!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Is there anyway to get this fight via internet streaming video without paying? If not where would I "pay" to see the fight on the net?

G

"I hope that Hatton wins and cause "wiggers" to re-examine their values and began to re connect with their whiteness..."

Wiggers will rexamine their values etc. when they first get mugged by some of their precious n------s.

TR - I'm going to be scouting around for ways to watch the fight on internet for fee. I'll post my discoveries, if any, here.

ww

white is right

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Is there anyway to get this fight via internet streaming video without paying? If not where would I "pay" to see the fight on the net?
Sopcast will probably have the fight, the problem is the feed is usually choppy. If you live in the NYC area there are plenty of bars showing it. The big sports bar in Times Square will show the fight.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can't wait to see that overpaid, trashtalking, no manners Mayweather get beat. He has trashed even his own guys like Ali, Leonard and Hearns. This fool really believes that he is the greatest of all time. I will give him one thing. He is the only guy that loves to talk as much as Ali did and he just pissed most people off.

Hatton is primed and ready to take on the jerk off. I personally am counting the minutes until tommorow night. Make sure that all of you guys do whatever you can to get out and see this fight. Support our main man Ricky "the hitman" Hatton as he knocks the crap out of Mayweather. This is going to be special!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: white lightning

Sean

Mentor
Hey guys, pretty cool video of The Undertaker and Batista stopping in to see Ricky Hatton train. Look at how small he is compared to these two!
Come on Ricky, I hope he KO's Mayweather.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1we9Rr7WMOYEdited by: Sean

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I am really looking forward to this fight. I will try to find an internet feed, but if I can't could someone do a round by round update?