Cleveland Browns General Thread

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Browns traded out of the number two spot in the 2016 draft. If they had stayed where they were they could have drafted Carson Wentz, a potential franchise quarterback who would have been a perfect fit for Cleveland.

The Browns screwed up. They have a history of screwing up and this is one more example.

The Browns screwed up. They have a history of screwing up..

I meet a lot of transplanted Ohioans, and I understand why many are die-hard Buckeye fans. Recent Ohio St. isn't an especially fair-minded program, but they are winners..

This thread prompted me to look up the win-loss record of the re-animated Browns. They've been back for 17 seasons now, and have totaled 2 winning seasons in those years. Going back to the original franchise, they've tallied one playoff win over the last 25 yrs. They've been non-competitive for literally a generation.
And Ohio sports fans can't really lean on the Bengals for additional optimism. Bengals' ownership seems completely committed to Marvin Lewis, in spite of his unrivaled playoff dry spell. I'm a big believer in employer loyalty.. but Lewis has no contemporary peer in sanctioned playoff failure.

With the Bengals & Browns as regional options, I get Ohio's passion for Buckeye football.. and feel for the good, non-DWF sports fans of OH..

Riggins44

Master
It will be interesting to see how Jackson utilizes his sizable contingent of White players this season. He will probably start the season with a disproportionately large number of black starters. Once the team starts losing and the black scrubs start obviously sucking and getting injured, he'll be forced to start playing his white players one by one, and the team will gradually improve.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Right on cue the Browns racist regime cuts Brian Hartline!!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Sashi Brown, the Browns de facto general manager, showed his incompetence already by passing on Carson Wentz. The most likely reason he passed on a potential franchise quarterback is that he wants the Browns starter to be black. Whatever the reason, passing on was an example of Brown's incompetence.

The Browns are going to be bad this year but the mainstream media is going to give Brown a free pass, just as they gave him a free pass for passing on a potential franchise quarterback.

The reason Brown gets a free pass is because he's black. It's part of Black privilege to never be criticized or held accountable for anything.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Weenieworld scores a daily double for racist stereotyping. The part about "overachieving throughout his career" is particularly idiotic as Nassib was a walk-on who wasn't allowed to start until his fifth year at Penn State, and then promptly led the country in sacks.

Browns want third-round DL Carl Nassib to put on 15 pounds. A defensive end in Penn State's 4-3, Nassib's fit in the Browns' 3-4 scheme was always a question. The extra weight suggests Cleveland wants the rookie to play on the line in base sets and rush from the interior in sub packages. A high-motor player who has overachieved throughout his career, Nassib has the mentality to succeed wherever the Browns ask him to play.

Romosexual

Weenieworld scores a daily double for racist stereotyping. The part about "overachieving throughout his career" is particularly idiotic as Nassib was a walk-on who wasn't allowed to start until his fifth year at Penn State, and then promptly led the country in sacks.

Browns want third-round DL Carl Nassib to put on 15 pounds. A defensive end in Penn State's 4-3, Nassib's fit in the Browns' 3-4 scheme was always a question. The extra weight suggests Cleveland wants the rookie to play on the line in base sets and rush from the interior in sub packages. A high-motor player who has overachieved throughout his career, Nassib has the mentality to succeed wherever the Browns ask him to play.

Never understand teams who draft players who dont fit their scheme

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Browns RB, Isaiah Crowell, posts fictional image of BLM thug slitting the throat of a cop on Instagram. But, of course, we all know that Manziel is the "bad guy"...the (((media))) told us so.

I'm sure all will be forgotten and he'll be allowed to suit up for the first game of the season. #BlackPrivilege

By posting that picture Crowell was advocating violence against innocent, white police officers. It was posted before the murders of police officers in Dallas. It promoted an atmosphere of violence toward white police officers.

Crowell released a statement that was undoubtedly written for him and probably doesn't express what he really believes.

Crowell should be released for advocating violence. He probably won't be because of black privilege. Blacks are never held accountable for what they do.

If a white player posted a picture showing a black being murdered his career would be over. Crowell deserves to have his career ended.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
By posting that picture Crowell was advocating violence against innocent, white police officers. It was posted before the murders of police officers in Dallas. It promoted an atmosphere of violence toward white police officers.

Crowell released a statement that was undoubtedly written for him and probably doesn't express what he really believes.

Crowell should be released for advocating violence. He probably won't be because of black privilege. Blacks are never held accountable for what they do.

If a white player posted a picture showing a black being murdered his career would be over. Crowell deserves to have his career ended.

He should be horsewhipped...& (then) fired. Let him make his "living" back in the ghetto selling crackrock.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I looked at some fan sites about the Crowell matter.

Not surprisingly most of the posts are groveling defenses of Crowell. Some are along the lines of "Sure he advocated murdering white police officers but he said he was sorry so everything's okay." Or "Blacks are oppressed and marginalized and it probably made Crowell feel bad so him advocating the murder of white police officers is okay."

These people make me sick.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Even before the serious injury to Desmond Bryant, I'd been reading many positive reports about Carl Nassib. Like Henry Anderson last season with Indy (before he blew out a knee), Nassib has a chance to start as a rookie and have immediate success.

With Desmond Bryant out 4-to-6 months with a torn pectoral muscle,Nassib has a chance to be an immediate starter at left defensive end. Nassib was taken 65th overall by the Browns in the 2016 NFL Draft, and due to Bryant's absence, now has an opportunity to jump-start his NFL career. While the situation may constitute throwing the Penn State product into the fire sooner than what had been initially envisioned, he'll receive immediate starting experience and an opportunity to show his worth.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Even before the serious injury to Desmond Bryant, I'd been reading many positive reports about Carl Nassib. Like Henry Anderson last season with Indy (before he blew out a knee), Nassib has a chance to start as a rookie and have immediate success.

With Desmond Bryant out 4-to-6 months with a torn pectoral muscle,Nassib has a chance to be an immediate starter at left defensive end. Nassib was taken 65th overall by the Browns in the 2016 NFL Draft, and due to Bryant's absence, now has an opportunity to jump-start his NFL career. While the situation may constitute throwing the Penn State product into the fire sooner than what had been initially envisioned, he'll receive immediate starting experience and an opportunity to show his worth.

Nassib led the nation in sacks his senior year despite missing two games. He is said to have excelled in the Senior Bowl practices against top notch competition.

Everything points to Nassib being successful right away and continuing that success for a long career. He'll be another quality white defensive lineman in the NFL.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good news about Nassib and joining him on the defensive line is massive veteran Nick Hayden! Still hope this team stinks as long as the gremlin is at QB.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jamie Meder also gets props in this article:

Carl Nassib Is The Defensive MVP Of Cleveland Browns Preseason

Cleveland Browns defensive highlights are scarce, but it didn’t’ go without noticing that Carl Nassib was making his name known throughout the contest.

On Nassib’s first play, the 6-foot-7 end tipped a Matt Ryan pass. In the second quarter, he had a sack negated when one of his teammates was penalized for illegal contact.

The Penn Sate product rebounded with a sack that did count late in the third quarter. Nassib also forced and recovered a fumble late in the game.

Nassib now has two sacks in two preseason games.

Perhaps Nassib will find himself starting on the defensive line before Week 1. The Browns defensive line looked bad again, with Danny Shelton getting the start at nose tackle. Nick Hayden and Xavier Cooper surrounded the 2015 first-round draft choice. . .

Be On The Lookout For Jamie Meder
Browns fans probably expected to see Jamie Meder starting at right defensive end. Cooper started in that instead. It was a a little bit of surprise, considering how big a deal it was that Meder had earned first-team reps in practice.

My speculation, based on nothing other than sitting on my couch, is that Hue Jackson gave Shelton a chance to really show him something against the Falcons, and that didn’t happen.

full article: http://factoryofsadness.co/2016/08/19/carl-nassib-emmanuel-ogbah/

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Last week in the GB game Nassib flashed his athleticism chasing down a screen play 10 yards up the field and swinging the ball carrier to the ground. He should have been a top 15 pick based on size,speed, and production! Brown's got great value, now they need to unleash the beast and let him start from day 1! Nassib pretty good for a former walk- on...

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Browns have not looked good in preseason. Their "Affirmative Action" executive who runs the team, Sashi Brown, has done a terrible job of building the team. They're going to be bad this year.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
After his rookie season it's clear that Carson Wentz is a franchise quarterback.

The Browns, led by incompetent Affirmative Action GM Sashi Brown, passed on Wentz, trading the pick. Not only did they pass on Wentz they fired the scouts who liked Wentz! Talk about incompetence!

The competent scouts who wanted Wentz were probably seen as a threat to the incompetent AA GM Sashi Brown. Also, Brown is probably replacing white personnel with blacks, regardless of competence or incompetence.

Brown has no football background and hired a baseball man to help run the organization. He probably got his position through black privilege and conning the owner with promises of a "moneyball" approach.

The fact remains that Brown is incompetent. He probably won't be fired due to his black privilege, though.

Report: Browns fired scouts who favored Carson Wentz ... - SI.co

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Browns have not looked good in preseason. Their "Affirmative Action" executive who runs the team, Sashi Brown, has done a terrible job of building the team. They're going to be bad this year.

Yup, they were bad. 1-15 bad and they were lucky to win 1 game.

Without a franchise quarterback they will continue to be a lower echelon team.

My guess is they will draft AA QB Deshone Kizer with the number one pick in the 2017 draft. I think Kizer will be a below average NFL QB and the Browns will continue to be bad.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jackson is supposedly high on Josh Dobbs as a potential draft pick. Davis Webb was the superior QB at the Senior Bowl and Jackson coached him as well. Dobbs will more than likely benefit from the Dak Prescott effect and be drafted and given every opportunity because he is a black QB from the SEC. Dak Prescott has now replaced Tom Brady as the late round QB that all teams are supposed to be looking for (Brady was a 6th rounder with 4 super bowl rings/Prescott a 4th with 1 year of experience) - What a perfect example of the caste system.

I know me and Extra Point bumped heads on the Browns moneyball approach and I still believe if executed properly it could work but EP has been right on the money about the Browns moneyball approach. You can't have a pure moneyball approach when the caste system and all of the stereotypes cloud the judgement of the people making the draft picks.

If I was Jackson I would work on getting Kessler a little stronger and working on his arm strength because he has the accuracy and knowledge to be a quality QB. Jackson showed alot of ineptitude with the QB position this year - I understand that Kessler was injured but pretty sure he was cleared to play the last couple games of the season rather than the Gremlin or McCown. Their season last year was sunk when they brought the Gremlin in as their franchise savior.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Came across this article giving Dustin Fox's opinions on matters relating to the Browns. Fox was an excellent cornerback at Ohio State who predictably never got a fair shake in the NFL.

Dustin Fox blew through the Hall of Fame Luncheon Club Monday as if running a well-oiled, two-minute drill.

Fox had to cut a speech/Q-and-A short because he was due in Cleveland for his daily radio show, but he sensed where he needed to go in the time available; namely, Browns talk.

The former GlenOak, Ohio State and NFL defensive back cut to the chase on his idea of a quarterback solution.

"I'm a big Jimmy Garoppolo fan," he told the regular crowd at Tozzi's on 12th. "If they can trade the No. 12 overall pick and maybe a second-round pick next year, I think it could be a great move."

Fox took the podium about a year after then-Browns wideout Brian Hartline did.

He didn't come right out and say the Browns would have been better off keeping Brian Hartline than Terrelle Pryor, but the reasons behind Hartline getting dumped after last year's spring practice add up to what he called "a good question."

"Hartline would have fit in great," said Fox, who played at GlenOak and Ohio State before Hartline did. "He looks out for the younger players and can lead."

full article: http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20170320/fox-endorses-garoppolo-sees-browns-ending-camp-cupcake

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Brown's purge Barnidge for a refugee.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Brown's purge Barnidge for a refugee.

In 2015, the year that Barnidge had his surprise 1,000-yard campaign, he caught passes from 3 different QB's (McCown, Davis, and Manziel), all of whom started throughout that season. He's 31 years old, but doesn't have a lot of "mileage" for his age. It would be nice to see him finally link-up with a team that has a quality QB and no dominant force at TE. The Packers, Dolphins, Redskins, Broncos, or Steelers would be a decent landing spot.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Very undignified way for the Browns to treat someone who was remarkably good for them just two seasons ago when he was their best player on offense. Contrast that with Antonio Gates, whose demise has become a drawn-out endless affair stretching several seasons. I was watching the NFL Network the other night with Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah doing their schtick where they predict who each team is going to draft in the early rounds. They showed the Chargers and their offensive weapons -- Rivers, black receivers and Gates. Not shown or mentioned was Hunter Henry, their second round draft pick last year (35th overall and the first TE taken), who had a great rookie year in limited playing time, defying the oft-repeated line that tight ends can't produce in their first year in the NFL.