Class of 2023

Baylor signed an RB I was somehow not familiar with. Dawson Pendergrass. 6’2” 221. Averaged 275 yards a game as a senior.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Baylor signed an RB I was somehow not familiar with. Dawson Pendergrass. 6’2” 221. Averaged 275 yards a game as a senior.

Nice find HD. He held offers from TT, Arkansas, and CSU. I got a little suspicious and looked up where they are going to use him. All reports have him playing RB for the Bears.
Ok. can I get a count of the RB's signed so far that we know of? I know of the following:
Cole Cabana, Michigan
Dawson Pendergrass, Baylor
Who else. I know there's some signed at the Military Academies. Can someone post more RB's
Thanks!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nice find HD. He held offers from TT, Arkansas, and CSU. I got a little suspicious and looked up where they are going to use him. All reports have him playing RB for the Bears.
Ok. can I get a count of the RB's signed so far that we know of? I know of the following:
Cole Cabana, Michigan
Who else. I know there's some signed at the Military Academies. Can someone post more RB's
Thanks!
I really hope Cole Cabana doesn't end up like Sam McGuffie. I still get angry at how his college career went down. So much talent
as his athletecism was at the top of the bell curve. Cole Cabana is very similar but I don't trust Michigan. Hope they suprise me. Here
is a few short hilights of Cole Cabana from his senior year.

Last edited:
Cole Cabana, Michigan
Thanks!
I am going to go through all the classes over the next few days to see some numbers.

But so far he’s some I know/
Cole Cabana - Michigan
Dawson Pendergast - Baylor
Dylan Kedzior - Buffalo (jc transfer)
Connor Walendzak - Toledo
Luke Gall - Air Force
Ryan Henning - Air Force
Carson Hansen - Iowa State
Braeden Wisloski - Maryland
Conner Noah - Nevada

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I am going to go through all the classes over the next few days to see some numbers.

But so far he’s some I know/
Cole Cabana - Michigan
Dawson Pendergast - Baylor
Dylan Kedzior - Buffalo (jc transfer)
Connor Walendzak - Toledo
Luke Gall - Air Force
Ryan Henning - Air Force
Carson Hansen - Iowa State
Braeden Wisloski - Maryland
Conner Noah - Nevada
Thanks HD.
Iowa State has Hansen listed as an Athlete which tells me although he set all kinds of records as a RB he will most likely not play the position. Also, ISU has Kooper Ebel listed as an Athlete?

jphoss

Mentor
Not sure what the overall percentage of whites Notre Dame signed but I’m pleased with the amount of high end talented whites they got at positions besides te/ol. Drayk (yes he’s white with that spelling) Bowen is a 5* talent and was the Butkus winner for top hs lb. Preston Zinter is another stud lb, and Brennon Vernon is a 5* dl talent. Plus after that ******** drama with Peyton bowen, the “5*” safety who took the bag from Oregon (side note look at his commitment video you’ll see his mom, who is white ashamed of his choice but you’ll see his dad who is black grinning ear to ear). Anyway ND got Mr. Wyoming as a preferred walk on Luke Talich to play safety instead. He’s 6’3 and already runs in the 4.5’s 40. So they upgraded the position after this clown disrespected them and lied to Nd saying he was going to commit to them the night before.
I wonder if Marcus Freeman who played alongside James Lauringitis and who is now an assistant lb coach has anything to do with recruiting stud white lbs

Check page 4 posted May 21. Thanks. I think Pendergrass and Hansen stay at rb originally at least. If they are warming benches 2 years from now expect them to both move to defense. Hansen is gonna be a thousand yard rusher. Beyond on it.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Not sure what the overall percentage of whites Notre Dame signed but I’m pleased with the amount of high end talented whites they got at positions besides te/ol. Drayk (yes he’s white with that spelling) Bowen is a 5* talent and was the Butkus winner for top hs lb. Preston Zinter is another stud lb, and Brennon Vernon is a 5* dl talent. Plus after that ******** drama with Peyton bowen, the “5*” safety who took the bag from Oregon (side note look at his commitment video you’ll see his mom, who is white ashamed of his choice but you’ll see his dad who is black grinning ear to ear). Anyway ND got Mr. Wyoming as a preferred walk on Luke Talich to play safety instead. He’s 6’3 and already runs in the 4.5’s 40. So they upgraded the position after this clown disrespected them and lied to Nd saying he was going to commit to them the night before.
I wonder if Marcus Freeman who played alongside James Lauringitis and who is now an assistant lb coach has anything to do with recruiting stud white lbs
Thanks jphoss. It looks like 9 of 24 or 38% for Notre Dame. That's better than most. I believe I reported Iowa had the most 11-12 out of 21 or 52%. So right now based on what I've actually seen.
1. Iowa
2. Notre Dame
3. Duke
I'm sure Air Force and maybe Northwestern and Wisconsin is better than Duke. It would be interesting to do a ranking of the white friendly schools recruiting wise top to bottom. Should we do a thread on that?
2023 Recruiting?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Check page 4 posted May 21. Thanks. I think Pendergrass and Hansen stay at rb originally at least. If they are warming benches 2 years from now expect them to both move to defense. Hansen is gonna be a thousand yard rusher. Beyond on it.
Hansen is gonna be a thousand yard rusher. Beyond on it.
If they let him play RB? He's listed as an athlete? If he's going to play RB, why don't they just list him that way? The way Baylor listed Pendergrass.

If they let him play RB? He's listed as an athlete? If he's going to play RB, why don't they just list him that way? The way Baylor listed Pendergrass.
That's what 247 and rivals list him. I read somewhere he was specifically wanted at rb but to also possibly return punts and kicks which maybe these recruiting sites see him as that as well. Don't know other than Hansen did not play wr or on defense this year.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
A really good link to an article on Iowa Football/Wrestling LB recruit Ben Kueter. He won the World Freestyle Wrestling Championship about a month or two after this was written. Extraordinary athlete. Look forward to watching him.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
A really good link to an article on Iowa Football/Wrestling LB recruit Ben Kueter. He won the World Freestyle Wrestling Championship about a month or two after this was written. Extraordinary athlete. Look forward to watching him.
Pretty amazing he'll be starring in both sports for Iowa!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Pretty amazing he'll be starring in both sports for Iowa!!
Think the powers that be would market him like Bo Jackson? Crickets. Yes the kid is an amazing all around athlete. It's
fitting he is going to Iowa. I love Hawekeye Football.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
RB Peyto Streko has decided to walk on at Clemson as a PW. Had several D1 offers. He is a legit 4.4 runner.
I love to see this. I know it's a gamble but we all here know that the Coach has been fair to our guys more than most schools have. The
fact that Shipley is the main man since his freshman year gives this kid hope. Hopefully he can break through. He has speed alright. Will
be fun tow watch this story develop. Can't wait to see Clemson next fall with Klubnik and Shipley leading them all year long. He can learn
from Shipley and pick his brain so he has every opportunity to make it. T\Streko has all of the physical skills already.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Good spot for Streko! Would have been even better if they gave him an offer.

Charlie Spegal never got a good chance at Indiana as he is in the transfer portal but Declan McMahon has been on Indianas roster all season as a rb but I can't find any stats on him even special teams. I don't know why he was listed in the class of 2023 but he is on the Indiana roster and I assume he walled on. Hope he plays but .....

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Just finished going through the recruitment signees for most of the top programs in the country from Alabama to Washington, and although I haven't looked at every D-1 program here's the sad numbers for white players signed compared to black players.
171 of the 787 players signed are white or 21.7 %.
The best being Iowa was the only program over 50%: 11-21 or 52%.
East Carolina and Florida were the worst at 0-15 and 0-20 respectively or a big fat 0 of white players signed for the 2023 season.
I covered 40 programs and there may be a few mistakes. I didn't take in transfers. Just the players coming out of HS.
Here's a few other programs of note.
Purdue 6-14 or 46%
Nebraska 9-21 or 43%
Wisconsin 6-14 or 43%
Notre Dame 9-24 or 38%
Indiana 5-13 or 38%
Northwestern 7-19 or 37%
Kansas, Michigan State, and SMU all came in at 33%.
Duke 31%
Kansas State 31%
No other program I checked came in higher than 30%! Very disturbing outlook for white players.

A few more of the worst. Remember East Carolina and Florida signed 0 white players!
TCU 1-24 or 4% Jack Bech transfer from LSU
NC State 1-19 or 5%. Very surprising. One of the top engineering schools in the country!
Georgia Tech 1-20 5%. Another great engineering school.
MS. State 2-25 or 8%
Ole MS. 1-12 or 8%
Miami 2-26 or 8%
California 1-10 or 10%
Wake Forest 2-19 or 11%. Very high academic school letting black players in that would never be allowed on the campus otherwise!
Georgia 3-27 or 11%

These are just some I looked up. There were other programs between the ones I've listed. Again, I only covered 40 programs and didn't include the service academies. If you want to look up any other teams just search team name, football 2023 signees and look under 247 sports.
If only 21.7% of players being signed are white, this is under the demographic of NFL being approximately 25-28% white. It doesn't bode well for the future of white football players moving forward.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Caste System rolls on. Schools like East Carolina are abhorrent. No reason for those bums to go full afflete!

The state of Alabamas Cole Blaylock has committed to play corner for South Alabama. I believe we have 6 or 7 hockey's lined up for corner on scholarship and I can't remember a number like that since the late 90s

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Coastal Carolina only landed 6 recruits , all of them Defenders. Three of those 6 are over achievers. They’ve also landed a 6’4 250 TE From North Carolina in Kendall Karr via transfer portal. Coastal with McCall returning should be worth watching. I think all 3 of these Freshman have a chance at seeing the field. Perhaps a few more pale faces will transfer their way to Coastal. From CCU site:

Wyatt Gedeon – 6-1 * 235 * LB * Avon Lake, Ohio / St. Edward High School
  • Rated a three-star recruit at linebacker for the Class of 2023 by 247Sports and On3
  • Ranked as a two-star recruit at linebacker for the Class of 2023 by Rivals
  • Rated the No. 39-best prospect in the state of Ohio for the Class of 2023 by On3
  • Ranked as the No. 53-best prospect in the state of Ohio for the Class of 2023 by 247Sports
  • Lined up at linebacker and on the defensive edge for St. Edward High School and head coach Tom Lombardo
  • Tabbed a 2022 High School Football All-American by Stadium Talk
  • Named the 2022 Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) All-Ohio Division I Player of the Year his senior year
  • Picked first-team All-Ohio honors his senior year in 2022
  • Garnered third-team All-Ohio honors as a junior in 2021
  • Guided St. Edward to back-to-back state championship titles in 2021 and 2022
  • Helped his St. Edward's team win the 2022 OHSAA Division I state championship title and finish the year at 15-1 overall
  • Finished his senior season with 125 tackles, 20.0 sacks, 32 tackles-for-loss, four pass breakups, three forced fumbles, three blocked punts, and three blocked field goals
  • Totaled 106 tackles, 12.0 sacks, and 24.0 tackles-for-loss his junior season
  • Chose Coastal Carolina over Air Force, Army, Akron, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Charlotte, Marshall, Kent State, Miami (Ohio), Navy, Ohio, Old Dominion, Toledo, UMass, Western Kentucky, Western Michigan, Austin Peay, Cornell, Dartmouth, Fordham, Furman, Illinois State, Lehigh, Pennsylvania, Princeton, Robert Morris, and UT Martin
  • Plans to enroll at Coastal in January 2023
Spencer Kishbaugh – 6-3 * 210 * LB * Berwick, Pa. / Berwick Area High School
  • Rated a two-star recruit at linebacker for the Class of 2023 by Rivals
  • Three-year letterwinner in football at Berwick Area High for head coaches Carmen DeFrancesco and Mike Bennett
  • Lined up at outside linebacker and wide receiver at Berwick
  • Was named to the 2022 first-team Wyoming Valley Conference (WVC) All-Star team for both defense (linebacker) and offense (wide receiver) his senior year
  • Named to the 2021 Pennsylvania Football News Coaches Select Class 4A All-State first team as a junior
  • A two-time Times Leader All-WVC Division I first-team selection (2021 and 2022)
  • Also a two-time All-District 2 honoree at linebacker
  • Recorded 85 tackles, 16 tackles-for-loss, 3.0 sacks, and one interception
  • Totaled 94 tackles, 25.0 tackles-for-loss, 9.0 sacks, and three interceptions during his junior year
  • He also caught 20 passes for 371 yards and five touchdowns on offense in 2021
  • Also an amateur boxer
  • Chose Coastal Carolina over Air Force, Army, Kent State, LIU Post, Monmouth, and San Diego

Matt Scicchitano – 6-4 * 280 * DL * Mount Carmel, Pa. / Mount Carmel Area High School
  • Ranked as a three-star recruit along the defensive line for the Class of 2023 by 247Sports and On3
  • Also ranked as a three-star recruit at defensive tackle for the Class of 2023 by Rivals and ESPN
  • Rated the No. 28-best prospect for the Class of 2023 in the state of Pennsylvania by 247Sports and ESPN
  • Tabbed the No. 29-best prospect for the Class of 2023 in the state of Pennsylvania by On3
  • Lettered for four years in football at Mount Carmel Area High School under head coach John Darrah
  • A two-time Heartland Athletic Conference League All-Star Division 3 first-team as a tight end and defensive lineman (2021 and 2022)
  • Named to the 2021 Pennsylvania Football News Coaches All-State football team his junior year, earning first-team honors at defensive line
  • Named to the WNEP 16 Dream Team, the All-Northeast Showcase Selection, and the EPA Football second team at defensive line in 2021
  • Tabbed a Press-Enterprise All-Star, News-Item All-Star, and Dailey Item All-Star
  • A three-time MaxPreps Defensive Player of the Week honoree his senior year
  • Guided his team to a 12-1 overall record and 7-0 conference record in 2022 as a senior
  • Recorded 66 tackles, 17.0 tackles-for-loss, 6.5 sacks, and 12 quarterback hurries on defense his senior year
  • Hauled in 10 receptions for 174 yards and four touchdowns as a tight end during his senior season
  • Led the Red Tornadoes with 6.5 sacks, three fumble recoveries, and nine quarterback hurries on defense during his junior year, while adding 46 tackles, 14 tackles-for-loss, and one pass breakup
  • Tallied three touchdown catches and averaged 7.2 receiving yards per game on offense as a junior
  • Was a member of the basketball team at Mount Carmel
  • Also lettered in track & field, placing fifth at the PIAA State Championships in the discus throw his junior year
  • Named to the Distinguished Honor Roll
  • Chose Coastal Carolina over Syracuse, Temple, Army, Navy, James Madison, Old Dominion, Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, LIU Post, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Princeton, Columbia, Harvard, Holy Cross, and Rhode Island
  • Plans to enroll at Coastal in January 2023

Last edited: