Class of 2023

Just finished going through the recruitment signees for most of the top programs in the country from Alabama to Washington, and although I haven't looked at every D-1 program here's the sad numbers for white players signed compared to black players.
171 of the 787 players signed are white or 21.7 %.
The best being Iowa was the only program over 50%: 11-21 or 52%.
East Carolina and Florida were the worst at 0-15 and 0-20 respectively or a big fat 0 of white players signed for the 2023 season.
I covered 40 programs and there may be a few mistakes. I didn't take in transfers. Just the players coming out of HS.
Here's a few other programs of note.
Purdue 6-14 or 46%
Nebraska 9-21 or 43%
Wisconsin 6-14 or 43%
Notre Dame 9-24 or 38%
Indiana 5-13 or 38%
Northwestern 7-19 or 37%
Kansas, Michigan State, and SMU all came in at 33%.
Duke 31%
Kansas State 31%
No other program I checked came in higher than 30%! Very disturbing outlook for white players.

A few more of the worst. Remember East Carolina and Florida signed 0 white players!
TCU 1-24 or 4% Jack Bech transfer from LSU
NC State 1-19 or 5%. Very surprising. One of the top engineering schools in the country!
Georgia Tech 1-20 5%. Another great engineering school.
MS. State 2-25 or 8%
Ole MS. 1-12 or 8%
Miami 2-26 or 8%
California 1-10 or 10%
Wake Forest 2-19 or 11%. Very high academic school letting black players in that would never be allowed on the campus otherwise!
Georgia 3-27 or 11%

These are just some I looked up. There were other programs between the ones I've listed. Again, I only covered 40 programs and didn't include the service academies. If you want to look up any other teams just search team name, football 2023 signees and look under 247 sports.
If only 21.7% of players being signed are white, this is under the demographic of NFL being approximately 25-28% white. It doesn't bode well for the future of white football players moving forward.
I wonder how much of this has to do with the so called "white flight" from the game of football. Participation in athletics seems to be down across all sports among all races, but whites exiting the sport of football specifically seems to outpace the general trend. I have no data to back this up, nor have I seen it reflected locally, but I would imagine the data bears it out.

Two white RBs with a bunch of mid major FBS offers took SEC preferred walk on offers.

Sawyer Deerman to Alabama.

Anthony Rubio, son of Marco Rubio, to Florida.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Two white RBs with a bunch of mid major FBS offers took SEC preferred walk on offers.

Sawyer Deerman to Alabama.

Anthony Rubio, son of Marco Rubio, to Florida.
Hate to see that. I remember being excited about Georgia having a walk on RB years ago and he was buried for 5yrs. Name escapes me, but he was a smaller back who was dominating their(GA) top division.

Haven’t gotten excited for most SEC walk ins since! Though with McHonkey and Bennett, Georgia has made up for it!

Rocky B

Master
Hate to see that. I remember being excited about Georgia having a walk on RB years ago and he was buried for 5yrs. Name escapes me, but he was a smaller back who was dominating their(GA) top division.

Haven’t gotten excited for most SEC walk ins since! Though with McHonkey and Bennett, Georgia has made up for it!
Brenden Douglas.....Buried behind Chubb and Michel.....
Most brown bag, overachieving kids will suffer the same fate.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately Arizona State's small White renaissance hit a bit of a speed bump when NIL Grifter black quarterback Jaden Rashada committed the other day after backing out of his commitment to Florida. Details in the article of how he jumped from Miami who supposedly had a 9 million dollar NIL deal, to Florida for a 13 million dollar NIL deal on to ASU - those NIL details are to be determined. Pretty amazing that this is legal - seems like a shakedown from players demanding money for their services.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...l-florida-qb-signing/xfk5had75th7jz2dbbf4mmz2

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately Arizona State's small White renaissance hit a bit of a speed bump when NIL Grifter black quarterback Jaden Rashada committed the other day after backing out of his commitment to Florida. Details in the article of how he jumped from Miami who supposedly had a 9 million dollar NIL deal, to Florida for a 13 million dollar NIL deal on to ASU - those NIL details are to be determined. Pretty amazing that this is legal - seems like a shakedown from players demanding money for their services.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...l-florida-qb-signing/xfk5had75th7jz2dbbf4mmz2
I was gonna post this yesterday but I was so angry I never did. These NIL Deals are going to ruin college football. Bribery and scandals
everywhere with the inmates running the asylum.

Wyoming signs RB Tyler Jacklich out of Modesto, CA. 6’3” 205, recruiting services list him at LB but good news is he’s playing RB for Wyo

Also Air Force has three white RB commits, Ryan Henning, Luke Gall and Dermot White.

Out of Air force’s 43 person class 33 are white. And there’s one Asian corner of all things.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There is no doubt an upward trend in white running backs making it to the college level. Sadly most are either at really small schools,
burried on the depth chart or they are walk ons trying to earn a scholarship. We have alot of work to do. We want to see our young men
go to Bigger Schools were they are on tv every Saturday lighting up the scoreboard. We have to defeat the lies & false stereotypes! It
will not be easy but we are slowly making progress. Let's keep this snowball rolling into an avalanche!

Aus2G

There is no doubt an upward trend in white running backs making it to the college level. Sadly most are either at really small schools,
burried on the depth chart or they are walk ons trying to earn a scholarship. We have alot of work to do. We want to see our young men
go to Bigger Schools were they are on tv every Saturday lighting up the scoreboard. We have to defeat the lies & false stereotypes! It
will not be easy but we are slowly making progress. Let's keep this snowball rolling into an avalanche!

No doubt mccaffrey has had an effect. Look at Victor Rosa. Playing well with the number 22 on his back… he knows.

I thought Dearman was going to Ole Miss. . What a shame he won't ever see the field in a meaningful way. Maybe he's going for a certain vocat I n. Makes little sense to me.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Ole Miss has arguably one of the most attractive female student bodies anywhere. It’s also a conservative campus for a state school. And it has a huge fraternity and sorority system with a lot of parties. Maybe that factored in to his decision? Tough to say looking at it from this angle

I've got some time so I've updated the 2023 running back situation to the best of my ability.

Tom Kloske. Army

Owen Allen. Has d 1 offers but no choice yet

Peyton Streko. Clemson. Pwo

Briggs Bartosh. Army

Cole Cabana. Michigan

Connor Noah. Nevada

Dawson Pendergrass. Baylor

Carson Hansen. Iowa State

Sawyer Deerman. Alabama. Pwo

Connor Walendzak. Toledo

Chapman McCown. Oklahoma. Pwo

Ryan Henning. Air Force

Luke Gall. Air Force

Brennan Fisher. Army

Colton Phares. Appalachian State. May play db

Wynn Stang. Wisconsin and Purdue pwo offers

Dylan Kedzior. Buffalo

Duncan Brune. ( next McCaffrey ) ??? Germany offer from Middle Tennessee State

Braeden Wisloscki. Maryland

Tony Rubio. Florida. Pwo

Tyler Jacklich. Wyoming

Dermot White. Air Force

I wonder if rbs like Declan McMahon ( grandson of wwf Vince McMahon ) of Indiana and now Anthony Rubio are only on D 1 teams because of who they are related to.

Minnesota has another corner coming 8n on scholarship to join cb Ryan Staap and db Bryson Coleman in 2023 signed Jackson Powers. 247 recruiting has him as a safety but he played corner his entire senior year and looks to be headed for that position as for now.

Via Twitter German rb Duncan Brune looks like he got a late offer from Eastern Michigan and he seems excited. The k>d is really good but his competition level is questionable.

UCLA has REALLY whitened up its backfield. They picked up preferred walk on commits from 6’0” 200 Troy Leigber (brother of Stanford safety Mitch Leigber who moved and played RB last season) and Wyatt Mosier 6’2” 215.

UCLA will have a starting white RB in Carson Steele and a scholarship back up in Colson Yankoff.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
UCLA has REALLY whitened up its backfield. They picked up preferred walk on commits from 6’0” 200 Troy Leigber (brother of Stanford safety Mitch Leigber who moved and played RB last season) and Wyatt Mosier 6’2” 215.

UCLA will have a starting white RB in Carson Steele and a scholarship back up in Colson Yankoff.

To see UCLA with 4 white running backs on the roster is like seeing cows fly. Unbelievable but exciting at the same time! I just hope
that Steele gets 15 to 20 carries a game minimum as he gets better as the game goes into the 3rd & 4th quarter. Carson Steele is such
a physical runner with great athletecim to go with it. Defenses tend to break down even more against these types of backs. I expect him
to make his mark on the Pac 12 in a big way. Hoping he can lead the conference in rushing and build his NFL Resume!

To see UCLA with 4 white running backs on the roster is like seeing cows fly. Unbelievable but exciting at the same time! I just hope
that Steele gets 15 to 20 carries a game minimum as he gets better as the game goes into the 3rd & 4th quarter. Carson Steele is such
a physical runner with great athletecim to go with it. Defenses tend to break down even more against these types of backs. I expect him
to make his mark on the Pac 12 in a big way. Hoping he can lead the conference in rushing and build his NFL Resume!
Carson Steele is the rich man's Cade Carney. Yankoff would make an excellent free safety. But UCLA has not had a white dB in decades.