Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lactatking

Guru
Reus can't run against international competition. That's his problem.
But Lucas Jakubczyk didn't Run with full power, not only the last ten meters.
I said it before: Jimmy Vicaut has problems with his hamstrings.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I saw something good from Lemaitre . . . this is the first race in years! where he didn't have a terrible start. Not great, but not bad either.
I noticed he kept his head up at 'on your marks', where he usually has it down. So maybe he's actually changed something about his start.
Vicaut looked unstoppable. Desalou good as well. Right now Lemaitre looks like a bronze, but let's see what happens in the next round.
A shame about Guliyev. He seemed to false start on purpose.
Jakubczyk looked pretty good! Reus didn't.
But the semis are tomorrow. Let's see how it all plays out.

lactatking

Guru
I saw something good from Lemaitre . . . this is the first race in years! where he didn't have a terrible start. Not great, but not bad either.
I noticed he kept his head up at 'on your marks', where he usually has it down. So maybe he's actually changed something about his start.

I don't think that his start is much better then before .... the competitors aren't world class athlets.

Look here at 2:54 min. :
http://laem.sportschau.de/zuerich20...-und-Knipphals-souveraen,hundertmeter114.html

I don't think that his start is much better then before .... the competitors aren't world class athlets.

Look here at 2:54 min. :
http://laem.sportschau.de/zuerich20...-und-Knipphals-souveraen,hundertmeter114.html

Have to agree with lactatking. I did compare frame by frame this qualification run of our Christophe with most previous ones and he is no way near his sub 10 performances in the first 30~40m for a start. I predict his max is 10.00 ~10.05 but I always hope and want to believe he can do better than that!!! Jimmy is ~0.1 faster than Christophe around the 30m mark.

Always based on the Heat running ... to early to tell about his true potential for now....

Allez Christophe !!!!

ZELLGADISS

Guru
I dont understand which is the surprise.
All is happen exactly like i told...

Lemaitre big option for bronze medal in normal conditions, because Vicaut and Dasaolu are clearly superior in 100m

Now Vicaut looks injuried so 1 rival less and Dasaolu did not look totally smooth yesterday, perhaps he had problems or he will have problems today with 2 races in few time...

And Lemaitre will run very near 10.00 with average wind, and the gold is not impossible if his 2 big rivals are not 100%.

I see it totally sure :smile:

RCSMAN

Mentor
I dont understand which is the surprise.
All is happen exactly like i told...

Lemaitre big option for bronze medal in normal conditions, because Vicaut and Dasaolu are clearly superior in 100m

Now Vicaut looks injuried so 1 rival less and Dasaolu did not look totally smooth yesterday, perhaps he had problems or he will have problems today with 2 races in few time...

And Lemaitre will run very near 10.00 with average wind, and the gold is not impossible if his 2 big rivals are not 100%.

I see it totally sure :smile:

VICAUT will not run, it's official !!!

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Yes true RCSMAN, so only Dasaolu could win to Lemaitre

Great serie for Lemaitre, 10.10, every time faster although we should remember that this new track is really fast.

If the brittish is healthy will win in sub10 in the final with average tailwind and Lemaitre very near to 10.00 silver
If Dasaolu has little injury, Lemaitre will win :icon_wink:

lactatking

Guru
Christophe 2. 10,10 (+0,6 m ????)
dasaolu 1. 10,04
Reus 10,35

Lucas Jakubczyk ran 10,23 (- 1,1 m ). 1.
dwain Chambers 2. ( in the finale he will be faster)

RCSMAN

Mentor
RCSMAN, why do you not believe me?

Here is the link:
http://www.european-athletics-statistics.org/db/xml/euro.php?Indoor=0&List=senior&Season=2014

All these European sprinters have run faster or as fast this season:

Jimmy Vicaut 9.95
Chijindu Ujah 9.96
James Dasaolu 10.03
Adam Gemili 10.04
Lucas Jakubczyk 10.07
Henry Aikines-Aryeetey 10.08
Jaysuma Ndure 10.11
Richard Kilty 10.12
Julian Reus 10.12
Dwain Chambers 10.12
James Ellington 10.13
Danny Talbot 10.14
Sean Safo-Antwi 10.14

Now you understand ?

RCSMAN

Mentor
hehe my friend, they dont understand about sprint hehe.
Reus is a fake, we saw it perfectly yesterday and today.

Lemaitre only could lose in an european championship with Vicaut or Dasaolu :happy:

SURE, the others sprinters is not the same category, the same level

RCSMAN

Mentor
Regardless of his slow time, even worse is that he came in last place against quality competition.

I can't even see him medalling in the 100m at the Euro Championships.
Jimmy Vicaut and about 5 or 6 guys from the UK can surely beat him.
Plus the black Nor:faint2:wegian and maybe even Guliyev.
I really think he is done in the 100m.

:faint2::faint2::faint2::icon_smile::icon_smile::lol::lol:

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Very good Lemaitre, only lost with Dasaolu who was clearly superior in normal conditions.

Dasaolu is a great sprinter in 60, so in only 30m he had 2m advantage with Lemaitre.
Lemaitre good time 10.13 -0.4 , it is 10.00-10.05 with average tailwind and good weather.
He was clearly 2nd too.

In 200 he will win :rockon:

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm happy for Christophe but I could tell he wasn't happy with the silver medal. That is what I love about the kid. He is so driven to be the best. He never will be happy with 2nd or 3rd place and he shouldn't be. Strive for the top of the podium. It's such a shame he has never fixed his start in four years. He has better closing speed than just about anyone on earth. With a little better start, he takes the gold medal.

If we get better weather, I could easily see a sub 20 for Lemaitre in the next few days. He is angry and he will win the gold easily barring a freak injury.

RCSMAN

Mentor
Very good Lemaitre, only lost with Dasaolu who was clearly superior in normal conditions.

Dasaolu is a great sprinter in 60, so in only 30m he had 2m advantage with Lemaitre.
Lemaitre good time 10.13 -0.4 , it is 10.00-10.05 with average tailwind and good weather.
He was clearly 2nd too.

DASAOLU 10.06 (-0.4) with very cool temperature (13°C) VERY IMPRESSIVE

Good run by Christophe. He could do much better(first 30m :icon_mad:) and he was not happy about it .

100% gold in 200m and easily ....

GEMILI is not bad in 200M

I agree but I don't see him winning this event . I'm confident Christophe will have to prove himself and run a sub 20 that he is totally capable of (especially if Gemili is near him in the last meters). Hope he does not get very disappointed after his performance today:dodgy:

Gemili for silver and Talbot for third ....

Last edited:

ZELLGADISS

Guru
GEMILI is not bad in 200M

Exactly, i think same.

Gemili is really great in 200, and he will be relaxed while Lemaitre a little tired after 3 races 100m.

By the other hand, i think that Lemaitre will win in 20.0, with a little luck sub20 although i doubt it.

elispeedster

Mentor

He was clearly 2nd too.

I disagree...10.13 is not a good time for a guy who routinely ran under 10.10 and now cant break that barrier. The -.04 wind is irrelevant. I don't buy it. The hard training he said he did all winter has not paid off - he is slower. no improvement for 3 years whatsoever. But who cares, Lemaitre said himself, he will never leave Caraz...as long as he runs cones faster in training, I guess is all that matters. I hope at least 20 flat in the 200. He should concentrate on the 200 and forget the 100 completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.