Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, basically he's saying that because of the tighter schedule at 2012 Olympics there's less of a rest period and therefore he may opt to run just one of the distances, either 100 or 200. Decision will be made before the Olympics.

greyghost

Mentor
season

CL will only be racing 3 indoor race domestically this indoor season , obviously the big prize lies for him in london:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Can someone please post his indoor schedule again. I know he is running in the French Indoor Athletics Champs but can't remember the other two occasions. Thanks guys.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
lemaitre will run 3 times this winter:

-at liévin, on the 14 of february
-at val de reuil on the 18 of february
-at the french championships, at aubière the 25 and 26 of february

ZELLGADISS

Guru
hi i was out while the forum was closed.
Lemaitre made wonderful 19.80 in Daegu,congratulations for him
I think that this year he will no try really train very hard in 100, and in 200 yes.

So his PB will be 9.92 yet in this year, but he will get 200 in 19.70

frederic38

Hall of Famer
name100m200m
Record9.92 19,80
LoLy 9.88 19.68
albinosprint9.88 19.72
Planb47 9.85 19.60
Twinsen9 9.86 19.70
frederic389.8919.64
jastral9.8919.65
whiteathlete339.8719.67
dwid9.8319.65
bk219.8619.73
white lightning9.8419.70
Izwal9.8519.71
JReb19.7919.59
ZELLGADISS9.9219.70

welcome back zellgadiss
i also think he will focus on the 200m, that's why i predicted a bigger improvement in the 200 than in the 100m

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Thanks frederic38.
I think same although i think that he will not break his record 100 this year.
We have that remember that his 9.92 was with maximum wind +2.0, with medium wind +1.0 his record is "only" 9.95.

So in my opinion and training mainly for 200, hardly he will can improve his 9.92, because i dont think that he has "luck" again with good race with perfect wind +2.0 hehe.

Regards

LoLy

Guru
Lemaitre shows what kind of man he is:

original link:

http://www.leparisien.fr/lille-5900...4x100-m-au-5e-relayeur-20-01-2012-1821225.php

translation:

French sprinter Christophe Lemaitre, who won the silver medal in the 4x100m at the World Championships in Daegu last summer, said Friday in Lille he had given his award at the fifth runner, Emmanuel Biron, now in Korea South but did not run.
"Yes I gave it," said Lemaitre, asked about this on the sidelines of the press conference presenting the meeting room in Lievin (February 14), who will sign his return on the runways.

"I gave the fifth runner, Emmanuel Biron. Relay, we live together since 2010. It is not that four men, a whole group with the coaches. I think it was normal to reward those who moved but did not run, "said Lemaitre.
"They made ​​the trip to Daegu and yet they could not run while they were there to replace us at any time. So it's a very logical," he added.
Lemaitre won the second place 4x100 relay behind Jamaica, along with junior Jimmy Vicaut, Teddy Tinmar and Yannick Lesourd.

trackster

Mentor
Well, we still don't know if Christophe is faster this year (hurry up and race!), but he's feeling better without the jet laggy trip to Miami of last year, and he's a LOT more ambitious now:

Interview with Christophe

Hopefully, he can reach some of those goals. It won't be easy. At any rate, he's determined (he says if he doesn't medal in the Olympics, he won't go home).

Also, for those of you on Facebook, Christophe has launched an official page. I'm not a member, so let me know if anything interesting pops up.

JReb1

Mentor
The Savoy intends to obtain his first Olympic medal next summer in London. Even if it considers that the Olympics-2016 will be more up his street. At a time when there will normally be at its peak, with the hope of reaching its goal of becoming the best sprinter world.

Do you feel fitter than last year at this time?
"Yes. Especially that was exhausting work during my internship in Miami, last year at this time. Jet lag, round trips, it breaks. There, I feel good. I look forward to competing again. "

One gets the impression that you take more pleasure than before the training?
"My feeling of speed and lap times give pleasure to train. When you see the results, it is worthwhile to work even harder. Even if I do not like it and it bothers me to make very intense sessions. "

Your record of 60 m, 6 "55, 2010 date. Do you need to improve greatly this season?
"Sure I want to beat him. Last year, I had mitigating circumstances. If I progress of 60 m, it means that I have improved my departure and my activated. So it will go as fast as 100 m. So will I have time tearing ... (smile) "

Do you think to meet your expectations this season, you'll have to beat European records of 100 (9 "86) and 200 m (19" 72)?
"For sure I will have no choice but to go below these lap times if I want a medal at the Olympics. That's why it's important to focus solely on the titles. In the Olympic final, with the stakes, pressure and competition, the clock will come alone. Proof with my 19'' 80 last year in 200m final at the Worlds. That's what he had to get out in the context for the story. "

A fourth or fifth place in the Olympic she satisfy you?
"No, I have the medal. Or I do not go home ... (smile)"

Many believe that you will be at the top of your art to the 2016 Olympics. But is there already a good shot to play this year?
"It is certain that Rio looks more up my alley. I'll be more mature, more experienced, stronger, that is if I continue to progress. Still, this summer in London, I can do something. I have already shown in Daegu last year. "

Your goal, ultimately, is he ever to become world number 1? Is that why you say that Usain Bolt is not a model, but a rival to beat?
"Yes. Every day I want to beat Bolt. When you run, it is to beat everybody. "

Will he wait until he stops to achieve this?
Or do you think one day become as strong as him?
"The goal is to become world number one. Regardless of the opponent in the circuit. If I'm number one and that there is no Bolt, it will be like that. If there is still Bolt, will be even better. "

GO CL!:hail:

trackster

Mentor
It looks like Christophe is focusing on the 100 this year, rather than the 200, which I consider his better event:

France's triple European sprint champion Christophe Lemaitre has said that he expects to compete in five outdoor meetings ahead of the defence of his titles at this summer's European Athletics Championships in Helsinki, which will be held between 27 June – 1 July.

He intends to compete at the Samsung Diamond League meetings in Rome on 31 May and then on home soil in Paris on 6 July.

In the Italian capital, the 2010 European Athlete of the Year said that he will run the 100m, where he is expected to come up against the Jamaican world record holder and 2008 Olympic champion Usain Bolt.

Additionally, his summer schedule includes the first and last rounds of the French club championships and also the French national championships, which will be in Angers on 15-17 June.

Lemaitre has said that he will defend his European Athletics Championships 100m crown in Helsinki, which he won two years ago in Barcelona, and also be part of the French 4x100m relay team which also was victorious in the Catalan city.

However, with the Olympic Games also on the calendar this summer, he is still undecided about whether he will contest the 200m in the Finnish capital.

Indoors, Lemaitre will compete at the IAAF Permit Meeting in Lievin on 14 February and then at Val-de-Reuil four days later; followed by the French national championships in Aubière over the weekend of 25-26 February.

Bk21

Guru
Lemaitre needs to speed up very quickly, french sprinter Jimmy Vicaut started his indoor season with a 6.53s; those two will push each other to the best inside the french team

greyghost

Mentor
blah

no matter what happens indoors, its all about the build up towards the outdoor season the euros and london:biggrin:

Twinsen9

Guru
Lemaitre needs to speed up very quickly, french sprinter Jimmy Vicaut started his indoor season with a 6.53s; those two will push each other to the best inside the french team
Vicaut will run under 10, I'm sure about that :dodgy:

Yes, Christophe need to be very fast...

trackster

Mentor
Holy Cow, track fans!--it's LeMaitre versus Guliyev tomorrow. A little Valentine's Day gift for us all:

Just back from a training camp in Portugal, Christophe Lemaitre, the 200m bronze medallist and fourth place finisher in the 100m at last year’s World Championships will open his season at 60m and 200m. At the shortest distance, a dual has been built in the last minute with Jimmy Vicaut. The other French 100m world finalist, only 19, didn’t intend to run indoors, but opted for a test in Dusseldorf on Friday, which resulted in a surprising 6.53, beating by 0.02 the previous U23 national record held by Lemaitre. In the process, the 1.84 tall/84kg sprinter set a short-lived world-leading mark. Indeed, since Saturday it’s in the possession of Jamaican Lerone Clarke (6.52 in Fayetteville), who will be keen to take a second win in a row in Liévin. Another Jamaican, Michael Frater, will attract attention in his first indoor appearance since his 6.64 in 2003! He was a 10.21 performer at 100m back then, but one can expect a much better time at 60m as he has lowered his personal best to 9.88 last summer. Like Lemaitre, Turk Ramil Gulyev will double at 60m and 200m in Liévin and will be his main opponent over the longer distance.

I'm going to make a prediction here. Lemaitre will not run under 6.63 tomorrow. Its his first race and he probably will never be a fast starter. I highly doubt he will ever run under 6.55 but he will run at least 9.86 in the 100 meters this year. He is much better over the last 50 of his race then the first 50 meters.

LoLy

Guru

good for him to have someone that pushes him. But let's remember that Ronald Pognon, the former 100m French record holder had a 6.45 record on 60m and never ran faster than 9.99 on 100m. So let's wait and see.

Twinsen9

Guru
Vicaut can run under 9,99, I'm pretty sure.

This year he can do it.

And it's very good for Christophe.

Christophe and Jimmy will dominate the european athleticism.

Bk21

Guru
christophe runs todays at Lévin: the 60 and the 200 m.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=fr&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.fr&sl=fr&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.leparisien.fr/flash-actualite-sports/athletisme-lievin-premiere-etape-sur-la-route-de-londres-pour-lemaitre-13-02-2012-1860690.php&usg=ALkJrhgkhIJFKVzsxJJAiYaF4PiVvWkUuA

P
ortugal preparation:

http://video.eurosport.fr/athletisme/faire-une-bonne-rentree_vid218509/video.shtml

"
he's a little bit tired after doing in 12 days what he usually does in 3 weeks back in Aix les bains"

another video this time in portugal (maybe there is a geo -restriction on this one)

http://sport.francetv.fr/stade2/?page=reportage&id_article=34667

"
bits of: he's not a star, doesn't care about money, he refused a lot until now, and focuses only on the pleasure of running"
" you can add christophe in our predictions: both european records :) and 19.50 (gently pushed by his friend on that one)"

Last edited:

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Vicaut made a great 6.53, but we have to remember that his reaction time was 0.103¡¡¡¡
I don think that he can repeat again that reaction, so his "real" time would be 6.5 hight.
I think that Vicaut this year will get sub10 or very very near to 10.00.

Lemaitre i must in that he improve his first 30m, although i doubt so much that this year he can break his record, his 9.92 was with maximum legal wind 2.0¡¡¡

Good luck to Lemaitre today :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.