Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
There are always excuses with Lemaitre - early in the season, his start etc...Everyone else starts their season sub 6.6 and this guy regresses every year, even further.

....At least we have Tumi from Italy and Angel from Spain to look forward to. Lemaitre is done. God bless him for breaking the sterotype, but I dont see any more improvement from this guy....

I think Gemili is the guy we most have to look forward to this season. And hopefully Tumi and Angel will have big seasons as well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree on Gemelli but most here can't decide if he is white enough to root for.

As for David Angel Rodridguez and Michael Tumi, over Lemaitre, you guys are nuts! Certified Nuts.

Rodriguez is an old man who has one to two good races a year. I will root for him but he is similar to Dariusz Kuc of Poland. A once
or twice peak guy and back to 10.30's form. Tumi has more potential and youth on his side but he has never even broken 10.30's yet.
Lemaitre could be overweight and still beat these guys 9 times out of 10 outdoors. There is so much difference between a 60 and a 100
meters. That is the one thing I agree with "Psycho" Brutal on. Yes the explosivnes helps but most never have the speed endurance to run
a great 100. Lemaitre has more speed endurance than those two white sprinters put together.

Time will tell but you guys will eat your words. He is not even close to being in shape. He will at least run a few sub 10's this year. Lemaitre is going to be just fine. Watch and see!!!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
you may be right that Lemaitre can still beat Rodriguez and Tumi at 100m; but he will have to make up .15 seconds to do it.
Those guys are running 6.55 for 60 meters. Lemaitre is 6.71. That's a lot of ground to make up. In the past Lemaitre would have been even with these guys at 60m, and then turned on his speed endurance to easily beat them. Now, he might nip them at the end.
Anyway, it doesn't look good.

Here's look at the progression of his season best times in the 60m and 100m:

Feb 13: 6.64 --- 10.04

Feb 13: 6.55 ---- 9.97

Mar 5: 6.55 ---- 9.92

Feb 14: 6.57 ---- 10.04

Feb 8: 6.71 ---- ???

elispeedster

Mentor
I agree on Gemelli but most here can't decide if he is white enough to root for.

As for David Angel Rodridguez and Michael Tumi, over Lemaitre, you guys are nuts! Certified Nuts.

Rodriguez is an old man who has one to two good races a year. I will root for him but he is similar to Dariusz Kuc of Poland. A once
or twice peak guy and back to 10.30's form. Tumi has more potential and youth on his side but he has never even broken 10.30's yet.
Lemaitre could be overweight and still beat these guys 9 times out of 10 outdoors. There is so much difference between a 60 and a 100
meters. That is the one thing I agree with "Psycho" Brutal on. Yes the explosivnes helps but most never have the speed endurance to run
a great 100. Lemaitre has more speed endurance than those two white sprinters put together.

Time will tell but you guys will eat your words. He is not even close to being in shape. He will at least run a few sub 10's this year. Lemaitre is going to be just fine. Watch and see!!!

I hope to eat my words. I'm a big Christophe fan. Just upsets me that he seems to regress every year. C'mon now 6.7! (that is freshmen collegiate level time) He should of start the season in the low 6.6's even high 6.5's. I just cant figure what is wrong with him, and his coach always has a lame excuse. But I will proudly eat my words if he surprises... with some fava beans and a nice chianti :)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am not trying to knock anyone here as your guys track knowledge is amazing too. I just don't want everyone here to jump off the
Lemaitre Bandwagon just yet. I am very dissapointed but he ran with an injury a week ago and I would be willing to bet good money
that Christophe is still not healthy or in top shape yet. Also, I do like rooting for all of these guys but no one on the planet that's a white
sprinter can touch Christophe yet other than an occasional 60 meters race. I still have faith that he will turn it around soon.

Since you guys are so high on Rodriguez, why no love for Julien Reus? He ran a 6.59 p.b. last year indoors and ran 10.09 outdoors. He also is a solid 200 meters guy which shows great speed endurance to go with his explosiveness. This season he has run 6.65, 6.65, and 6.60 yesterday. Th guy runs these times all day long and can easily go in the 6.50's soon with a little better reaction time. I see him having
another season where he takes a few scalps. I'm not ready to say sub 10 yet but he just might. He needs to get a couple more sub 10.10 races first for confidence just like Christophe had several before dipping under the magical mark.

dwid

Hall of Famer
But Usain Bolt does also 10 Reps .... you can see it, when you look at some videos.
What's the difference?

10 reps is on the higher range, I would say 12 to 15 is too much. Bolt was probably lifting to maintain what he already has, like a weight he is used to. As for him just being "naturally stronger" than Lemaitre, we will have to see about that. We have no clue if he is doping and what if he is what he would look like without doping.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just read an article from France talking about how Christope Lemaitre has had a right gluteral contracture. This is obviously affecting his
performance has you need your glutes along with your thighs, quads and calves to push and build up your speed. It is also causing an
imbalance from the right to the left side of his body. He will be fine when he gets healthy. They should not have allowed him to race
despite him itching to be on the track. Get the kid healthy before he laces up the spikes again.

I hope this helps some of you to realise that it is not the end of the world. He is far from healthy. Viva Chrisotphe!

lactatking

Guru
It's obvious, that Christophe is not in top shape.
And I think it's right, when we say, that the injury from last week will have negative consequences.

Christophe wanted to improve his "aerobics", probably he has done too much ..... I don't know.

RCSMAN

Mentor
I hope to eat my words. I'm a big Christophe fan. Just upsets me that he seems to regress every year. C'mon now 6.7! (that is freshmen collegiate level time) He should of start the season in the low 6.6's even high 6.5's. I just cant figure what is wrong with him, and his coach always has a lame excuse. But I will proudly eat my words if he surprises... with some fava beans and a nice chianti :)

LEMAITRE AND CARRAZ BASHING AGAIN IN 2013 with stupid argument !

Christophe trained a lot during last week in Portugal, he's very tired so WAIT !

Today, Christophe ran 6.64 in GENT

RCSMAN

Mentor
6.79 in LYON 8 days ago
6.71 in DUSSELDORF 2 days ago
6.64 in GENT today
tuesday in VAL DE REUIL probably sub 6.60 !

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm with your RCSMAN. I can be critical at times but I'm totally behind the kid this year. For one the kid has been running the last few weeks with some niggles/injuries. It even said in an article on europeanathletics.com about Jimmy Vicaut the Lemaitre has been running hurt for the last month. Second he is tired and third he is trying to get used to having some adding muscle. It will take his body
some time to adapt but adapt he will. "The Master" will be just fine when all is said and done. Trust me on this. Both Christophe and his
coach are still hurting over his horrible olympics showing and that will NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!! I repeat they will be a factor at the World Champs and I see him running a few new personal bests along the way this year.

I'm putting it out there so if I'm wrong you guys can hold me to it. If not, admit you guys were wrong.

I just want everyone here to stay behind the kid. He is still only 22 and needs all the support he can get!!

Last edited:

RCSMAN

Mentor
I'm with your RCSMAN. I can be critical at times but I'm totally behind the kid this year. For one the kid has been running the last few weeks with some niggles/injuries. It even said in an article on europeanathletics.com about Jimmy Vicaut the Lemaitre has been running hurt for the last month. Second he is tired and third he is trying to get used to having some adding muscle. It will take his body
some time to adapt but adapt he will. "The Master" will be just fine when all is said and done. Trust me on this. Both Christophe and his
coach are still hurting over his horrible olympics showing and that will NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!! I repeat they will be a factor at the World Champs and I see him running a few new personal bests along the way this year.

I'm putting it out there so if I'm wrong you guys can hold me to it. If not, admit you guys were wrong.

I just want everyone here to stay behind the kid. He is still only 22 and needs all the support he can get!!

ABSOLUTELY !!!

elispeedster

Mentor

I never abandoned him (despite my previous statements). Im a big fan, it just pains me to understand why he seems to start slower every year. I hope he can break or come close to his personal best in the 60, because it will carry over to the outdoor season.

RCSMAN

Mentor
ELISPEEDSTER YOU SAID : "he seems to start slower every year". NO

PB : 6.55

in 2012
for exemple : european championship FINAL christophe ran 100M 10.09 (official time 60M 6.56 with wind -0.7, cold and rain) he's not slower !!!

Last edited:

elispeedster

Mentor
ELISPEEDSTER YOU SAID : "he seems to start slower every year". NO

PB : 6.55

in 2012
for exemple : european championship FINAL christophe ran 100M 10.09 (official time 60M 6.56 with wind -0.7, cold and rain) he's not slower !!!

You always have an answer...He has not broken his personal best in consecutive years, so technically he seems slower.

Dont compare outdoor times etc.. with indoor. I am talking about the moment, now. Last year he started his indoor season in the high 6.6's this year the high 6.7's. I am only pointing out the facts.

I hope to eat my words and he runs 6.50 this year! Which would possibly equate to a sub 9.9 outdoors.

RCSMAN

Mentor
You always have an answer...He has not broken his personal best in consecutive years, so technically he seems slower.

Dont compare outdoor times etc.. with indoor. I am talking about the moment, now. Last year he started his indoor season in the high 6.6's this year the high 6.7's. I am only pointing out the facts.

I hope to eat my words and he runs 6.50 this year! Which would possibly equate to a sub 9.9 outdoors.

Your comparison with the last season is not logical.

Christophe more worked than last year.

He is more tired than last year, no much days off, wait, time will be better and better DON'T COMPARE with last year, it depends of his training et his tiredness !

you will can judge him next weekend, not NOW !

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Other than the start in the final, he nearly damn ran down the whole field. He would have caught Rodriguez for sure.

A question to RCSMAN or anyone who knows french. What did Christophe say in the interview after the race? He looked
like he wasn't too angry and he knows he is improving with each race. A little better start and he wins this race i.m.o.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer

Is this really encouraging news?!
We've all been in agreement that Lemaitre needs to improve his start and drive phase (plus his strength, endurance, and his curve running in the 200m) if he is going to progress as a sprinter.
In this race he is DEAD LAST out of the blocks. And by quite a bit. That is very discouraging to see.
Lemaitre will not improve as a sprinter if he doesn't improve the beginning phase of his race. This is such old news. It's been 3 yrs now.
That's why this indoor season is so important - for him improve the first half of his 100m.
Frankly, I don't see anything here to be encouraged about.
...and p.s., I am not a Lemaitre hater. I really like him! I want him to get better. I want him to be the best ever!
He has so much raw talent, but I am very frustrated with him for his lack of dedication and improvement of technique, training, and strength.

Last edited:

RCSMAN

Mentor
Is this really encouraging news?!
We've all been agreement that Lemaitre needs to improve his start and drive phase (plus his strength, endurance, and his curve running in the 200m) if he is going to progress as a sprinter.
In this race he is DEAD LAST out of the blocks. And by quite a bit. That is very discouraging to see.
Lemaitre will not improve as a sprinter if he doesn't improve the beginning phase of his race. This is such old news. It's been 3 yrs now.
That's why this indoor season is so important - for him improve the first half of his 100m.
Frankly, I don't see anything here to be encouraged about.
...and p.s., I am not a Lemaitre hater. I really like him! I want him to get better. I want him to be the best ever!
He has so much raw talent, but I am very frustrated with him for his lack of dedication and improvement of technique, training, and strength.

he has just begun his indoor season and you are already disappointed ? WHY ?

BE PATIENT !!!!!!

He is tired because he worked a lot last weeks in portugal , this week it will be better ! WAIT !!!!!

lactatking

Guru
Christophes Start

Christophe always "pops up" at the start ... You can see it in nearly every race.

Perhaps it is better for him, to get a little bit higher with his hips at the "set"-Command.
The angle of the front leg seems to be too small.
Look at Usain Bolt ... his back leg is nearly elongated at the set-Command.

That's my opinion.

lactatking

Guru
Starts

The German Olympic Champion Armin Hary said that he had done 40 Starts in one training session .... and by the way .... he had the best reaction time ever ...

Status
Not open for further replies.