Christian McCaffrey

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Christian McCaffrey as mentioned above finished in 8th place in the NFL Rushing Most Yards. As you guys know we have 32 teams in
the NFL. So despite the injuries and the trade he finished in the top 25 percent of running backs in performance. That is a fine comeback
if you ask me! Onward to bigger goals and it starts with a win against the Seahawks next weekend. Hope Cmac goes over 100 rushing
and over 50 receiving in his first nfl playoff game of his career!
Well, being 3rd in total yards, I've got him the top 10%. but I'm biased.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well, being 3rd in total yards, I've got him the top 10%. but I'm biased.
Yes indeed 3rd in the NFL in Total Yards from Scrimmage! I love it!

The truth is if he only ran the ball primarily, he might have just lead the league in rushing yards a couple of times. He is a dual threat multi purpose
running back which is the ultimate weapon. No other NFL RB has averaged as many yards rushing & receiving in history. The downfall is
that he will most likley never lead the NFL in rushing as he is used as a receiver out of the backfield and many times lined up as a receiver
on the outside. It's fun to watch but it does hurt his total rushing yards for seasons and for his career. It may extend his career a little longer
though which is what most of us here hope for. We also hope for other young white running backs to take over for him when he retires.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
Yes indeed 3rd in the NFL in Total Yards from Scrimmage! I love it!

The truth is if he only ran the ball primarily, he might have just lead the league in rushing yards a couple of times. He is a dual threat multi purpose
running back which is the ultimate weapon. No other NFL RB has averaged as many yards rushing & receiving in history. The downfall is
that he will most likley never lead the NFL in rushing as he is used as a receiver out of the backfield and many times lined up as a receiver
on the outside. It's fun to watch but it does hurt his total rushing yards for seasons and for his career. It may extend his career a little longer
though which is what most of us here hope for. We also hope for other young white running backs to take over for him when he retires.
Many of his receptions are essentially extensions of the running game.

I agree, were he given the 350 attempts he would lead the league. As it is, his dual-threat ability is what separates him from the pack.

What dent will be lent to the Caste System if the Niners win the Super Bowk and McCaffrey wins the MVP award a year after Cooper Kupp ?

backrow

Hall of Famer
From NFL.com

Winners of 10 straight games, the San Francisco 49ers are taking a wave of momentum with them into the playoffs along with some accolades.

Niners running back Christian McCaffrey and rookie quarterback Brock Purdy were among those lauded on the final Players of the Month honor roll of the regular season, which was revealed Thursday morning. The awards recognize contributions for December and January, from Weeks 13-18.

McCaffrey garnered NFC Offensive Player of the Month, while Purdy was recognized as Offensive Rookie of the Month.

Since he was traded from the Carolina Panthers to the 49ers, McCaffrey has shined in his new surroundings. Over the last six games with the club, McCaffrey's dual-threat abilities have been showcased to the tune of 767 scrimmage yards (505 rushing, 262 receiving) with seven total touchdowns. CMC, who's racked up 27 receptions over the past six weeks, has scored a touchdown in six straight games.

Warhawk_46

Master
I can't think of a player coming off two big years (2018 and 2019) having two straight seasons plagued by injury, come back for a 1139 yard rushing season, 4.7 yards per carry, 1880 yards from scrimmage, and many big plays.
Agreed! And a shame he wasn’t nominated to a single all pro team…

He is much better than Chubb.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
After 5 seasons in the NFL Christian McCaffrey has 4726 yards rushing. An average of almost 1000 yards a season for 5 years in a row!

This is remarkable with the 2 years of injuries. McCaffrey has went over 1000 yards 3 times in 5 seasons and only injuries stopped him the
other 2 seasons that he didn't play much. This is remarkable consistancy for a running back that played on a depleted Panthers Squad
every year. They had nothing but him yet even when defenses keyed on him, Cmac still was amazing.

Can he get to 10,000 career yards rushing? If his body holds up I think he has a good chance. Now he is on a team with weapons which
should help take some of the pressure to be the man all the time. His body should also hold up better for the long haul.

Warhawk_46

Master
After 5 seasons in the NFL Christian McCaffrey has 4726 yards rushing. An average of almost 1000 yards a season for 5 years in a row!

This is remarkable with the 2 years of injuries. McCaffrey has went over 1000 yards 3 times in 5 seasons and only injuries stopped him the
other 2 seasons that he didn't play much. This is remarkable consistancy for a running back that played on a depleted Panthers Squad
every year. They had nothing but him yet even when defenses keyed on him, Cmac still was amazing.

Can he get to 10,000 career yards rushing? If his body holds up I think he has a good chance. Now he is on a team with weapons which
should help take some of the pressure to be the man all the time. His body should also hold up better for the long haul.
Great post, although I will say he just finished his sixth year in the league. He rushed for around 450 yards (but caught over 600 yards) his rookie year. He was on pace to surpass 1k in both his injury-shortened seasons.

I predict he rushes for 1k the next four years, up until his age 30 season. He will be hovering around the 10k mark, but factor in he will likely have totals of around 6k to 7k receiving as well.

If San Fran. Figures their qb controversy out next season and get a little deeper defensively ( free agency not the draft as cmac trade ate that up ) with the weapons they have they might go undefeated and our boy takes the MVP. I just hope he can fully stay healthy 1600 yards rushing is not out if the question to me.

Today regarding the Chiefs-Eagles Super Bowl, Christian McCaffrey said: "I hope they both lose."

After two seasons wrecked by injury, some of us thought CMac's best days were behind him, but after the trade, he came back strong. As noted in another thread, NFL.com said Christian McCaffrey was the best RB in the NFL in 2022. There's a good chance he hasn't had his best season yet.

Warhawk_46

Master
Today regarding the Chiefs-Eagles Super Bowl, Christian McCaffrey said: "I hope they both lose."

After two seasons wrecked by injury, some of us thought CMac's best days were behind him, but after the trade, he came back strong. As noted in another thread, NFL.com said Christian McCaffrey was the best RB in the NFL in 2022. There's a good chance he hasn't had his best season yet.
Did he really say that? If so, kudos to him! This Super Bowl will be horrible. I won’t even watch it.

I do see Christian did not get named Comeback Player of the Year; of course it had to to Geno Smith… an average quarterback at best. But he is the right pigment so there’s that.

Warhawk_46

Master
Just pointing out that CMC was PFF’s second highest-rated running back this season (just behind Josh Jacobs) and yet he was subbed for the All-Pro Team.

The lack of respect he gets because he is white is infuriating.

Warhawk_46

Master
Pro Football Focus (PFF) ranks McCaffrey as the number one running back for 2023.

Curiously, although multiple publications named him the best running back in 2022, not a single all-pro team selection. These types of things will hurt his legacy unfortunately.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Pro Football Focus (PFF) ranks McCaffrey as the number one running back for 2023.

Curiously, although multiple publications named him the best running back in 2022, not a single all-pro team selection. These types of things will hurt his legacy unfortunately.
Classic double standard and anti white racist punishing Cmac because of the color of his skin. McCaffrey is the complete running back.
Everything you would want in a running back. Hoping Will Shipley can be the next guy to help break the mold. I expect McCaffrey to
have a good year. I will guess some where around 1200 to 1400 yards rushing with 600 to 800 receiving yards.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Expect an epic season for Christian McCaffrey. The man is training like an Olympic Sprinter. He will not be stopped. Maybe a record season!

mqdefault.jpg

A few weeks ago, this (https://www.49ers.com/news/christian-mccaffrey-on-battling-injury-setbacks-and-comeback-season-in-sf) article was at a 49ers site. Christian McCaffrey talked about coming back after two years lost to injury:

"And then to hear the noise, to hear what people are saying about you--that you should retire, that you're never going to be the same again, that you can't do this and you can't do that--and you can't do anything about it other than sit there and listen to it and wait for next year. I think the patience part of it was the biggest thing I learned and the understanding that this whole thing was a marathon. I don't plan on playing a another couple years, I want to be in this as long as I possibly can and that's gonna come up with some challenges here and there."

There's a good chance he hasn't had his best season yet.

Warhawk_46

Master
A few weeks ago, this (https://www.49ers.com/news/christian-mccaffrey-on-battling-injury-setbacks-and-comeback-season-in-sf) article was at a 49ers site. Christian McCaffrey talked about coming back after two years lost to injury:

"And then to hear the noise, to hear what people are saying about you--that you should retire, that you're never going to be the same again, that you can't do this and you can't do that--and you can't do anything about it other than sit there and listen to it and wait for next year. I think the patience part of it was the biggest thing I learned and the understanding that this whole thing was a marathon. I don't plan on playing a another couple years, I want to be in this as long as I possibly can and that's gonna come up with some challenges here and there."

There's a good chance he hasn't had his best season yet.
I think so as well. With an off-season in the 49ers program, I expect him to better understand the blocking schemes and pick/allow holes to develop organically. Assuming he stays healthy for 16-17 games, I’m predicting 250 rushes for 1,300 yards (5.2 avg) with 12 touchdowns. Similarly to last year, I predict another 80 receptions for 750 yards with another 5-6 touchdowns. There will be at least 1 monster 150 yard rushing day, at least 1 100-yard receiving day. Probably 6-7 100 yard days on the ground total. He will be the model of consistency and earn 1st Team All Pro as well as Offensive Player of the Year.

sprintstar

Mentor
looks like CM is going bald on the crown of his head......most of those drills he was doing are track drills, good to see this...

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Wagering it'll last less than two years, no more than three.
Her pics are all three red flags: me, myself and I.

Warhawk_46

Master
Wagering it'll last less than two years, no more than three.
Her pics are all three red flags: me, myself and I.
For a man that comes from such a good family and Christian background; for how focused and dedicated to his craft he is, how driven… the fact he keeps that attention-craving and immodest woman around is baffling. Red flags left and right about her.