Christian McCaffrey

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Dunno how his season will hold up, but great friggin start for CMac!!

Warhawk_46

Master
I think as long as he is spelled enough so that the offense doesn’t become predictable he will play 16-17 games this year. Outside of those two aberration years, he has been an iron man through college and the pros.

I’m not sold on Mitchell holding up as a backup. I would love for the 49ers to pick up Rex Burkhead as CMC’s backup. Rex is a good runner and receiver as well as pass blocker just like Christian.

Rocky B

Master
I think as long as he is spelled enough so that the offense doesn’t become predictable he will play 16-17 games this year. Outside of those two aberration years, he has been an iron man through college and the pros.

I’m not sold on Mitchell holding up as a backup. I would love for the 49ers to pick up Rex Burkhead as CMC’s backup. Rex is a good runner and receiver as well as pass blocker just like Christian.
They need to get the leading rusher in FBS football last year.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
They need to get the leading rusher in FBS football last year.
Roberts would also be a fantastic pick up. Sadly I doubt he will ever set foot on an NFL field. Again, can’t have too many white men playing running back at a time. Strict quota on this.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Christian McCaffrey now has 4,994 career rushing yards. I was hoping he would cross over 5,000 Sunday, but now we'll have to wait until Thursday for this milestone. He should easily get to 10,000 and beyond at some point in his career. I would like to see him pass Riggins, 19th all time with 11,352 yards. Maybe get into the top 15 before his career is over.
Over the course of the season, he will pass the likes of Mike Alstott, Billy Sims, Hugh McElhenny, etc.

Warhawk_46

Master
I think, assuming he stays healthy, he will post four more 1,000 yard campaigns and then maybe a couple years of lesser production before retiring. He should achieve the 10,000 mark and likely around 6,000 to 7,000 receiving yards.

He will go into the Hall of Fame.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
He will go into the Hall of Fame.
Warhawk, that will be a wonderful day when that happens!!

A few years ago there was discussion amongst some of the CF members that it would be great if some if not all of us could meet somewhere and actually see each other face to face. What better place than The NFL Football Hall of Fame in Ohio on the day or the week that Christian McCaffrey is inducted into the HOF. I know that's at least 10 years down the road, but that would be very cool.
We could do it sooner if anyone else would be interested.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I have seen/heard some chat that the 49ers haven't used their back-up RB, Elijah Mitchell.
Mitchell had been pretty good when McCaffrey wasn't available for whatever reason.
But I find this kind of talk very curious....when does the media worry that the back-up isn't being used, when your 1st string guy is leading the league in rushing?!
I can't say I've ever heard that before.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have seen/heard some chat that the 49ers haven't used their back-up RB, Elijah Mitchell.
Mitchell had been pretty good when McCaffrey wasn't available for whatever reason.
But I find this kind of talk very curious....when does the media worry that the back-up isn't being used, when your 1st string guy is leading the league in rushing?!
I can't say I've ever heard that before.

Even though it's a different sport it's similar to what Georgia did with Matthew Boling moving him away from the 100 meters just a
year after he ran sub 10 and sub 20 in the 100 & 200 meters. It doesn't make any sense but with white athletes it happens all the time.

Back to McCaffrey. Yes the media gets nervous and does their best to down play Cmacs success. Same thing happened to Kupp when
he had the 2nd greatest nfl season of all time in receiving yards 2 years ago. Also they did it to Luka Doncic who led the NBA in scoring the majority of last year only to lose the scoring title in the last few weeks while the media was so happy. The media gets paid to lie.

Warhawk_46

Master
Even though it's a different sport it's similar to what Georgia did with Matthew Boling moving him away from the 100 meters just a
year after he ran sub 10 and sub 20 in the 100 & 200 meters. It doesn't make any sense but with white athletes it happens all the time.

Back to McCaffrey. Yes the media gets nervous and does their best to down play Cmacs success. Same thing happened to Kupp when
he had the 2nd greatest nfl season of all time in receiving yards 2 years ago. Also they did it to Luka Doncic who led the NBA in scoring the majority of last year only to lose the scoring title in the last few weeks while the media was so happy. The media gets paid to lie.
I think it is more than just the rushing attempts, but the fact that Christian is playing 100% of the snaps. This is unheard of for a running back. Of course, he is good enough to excel in all phases, but the high snap count, portends a player breaking down his back ups need snaps, even if it is just to give him a breather, a handful of times throughout the games.

For many years at this Forum it was noted there were often no White RBs in the NFL. There were hardly any journeyman backups. One wondered what it would take. It turned out it took a White RB being about the best in the league.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Yes we finally have a White RB starting. And he is the best in the league but, how many of us think his success will mean more white running backs will be given a prime time starting opportunity?

Yes we finally have a White RB starting. And he is the best in the league but, how many of us think his success will mean more white running backs will be given a prime time starting opportunity?
I really think we're going to see more. Both Shipley and Steele should be drafted, among others possibly, and with the high injury rate and revolving door approach to RBs they should see the field. Most teams end up featuring at least 3 RBs in a given season and many don't get second contracts, so players on rookie contracts generally get a shot. You can point to guys like Borghi getting shafted, but he was a bit undersized while Steele and Shipley are more prototypical.

Warhawk_46

Master
I really think we're going to see more. Both Shipley and Steele should be drafted, among others possibly, and with the high injury rate and revolving door approach to RBs they should see the field. Most teams end up featuring at least 3 RBs in a given season and many don't get second contracts, so players on rookie contracts generally get a shot. You can point to guys like Borghi getting shafted, but he was a bit undersized while Steele and Shipley are more prototypical.
I mean Borghi is what 5’9”/5’10” and 200 lbs? He is very fast and elusive. He can catch anything. He is the prototypical 3rd down back the league seems to relish except for being white.

My theory is he wasn’t allowed to stick because two similar white men running the ball would be too much for the narrative to handle. It would beggar the question: how many other Borghi’s and McCaffrey’s are out there?

sprintstar

Mentor
There are many many more Max Borghis out there but most likely wont get a chance.... I have often wondered how so many whites and blacks will cheer on a white RB in high school and college especially the elite RB's but as soon as its time to go to the NFL these same people suddenly think these elite level white RB's are horse fodder....

CM ran a 4.48 40 in his combine yet is called slow by these same whites and blacks, he plays at 4.45-4.48 which most can't yet he lauded as not having breakaway speed....he is heads and tails THE best rb in the NFL...... to these dumbass whites and blacks I say try catching him lol

freedom1

Mentor
Super excited about CMC. You can feel that this is his year. Only an injury could stop him. You know the brothers hate him and will try to hurt him. I don't care for his trophy wife or mansions, but the video above shows the hard work he has put in. His flexibility and elusiveness will help him not take the beating the typical running back takes. I'm old, and there's never been a white running back in my lifetime who has ran for most yards in a season in the NFL.

NikoDuke

Mentor
My theory is he wasn’t allowed to stick because two similar white men running the ball would be too much for the narrative to handle. It would beggar the question: how many other Borghi’s and McCaffrey’s are out there?
There are tons and they don't get the chance at a young age. The ones that actually stick through it and play the RB position past highschool are hit full on with the caste system.

Warhawk_46

Master
There are many many more Max Borghis out there but most likely wont get a chance.... I have often wondered how so many whites and blacks will cheer on a white RB in high school and college especially the elite RB's but as soon as its time to go to the NFL these same people suddenly think these elite level white RB's are horse fodder....

CM ran a 4.48 40 in his combine yet is called slow by these same whites and blacks, he plays at 4.45-4.48 which most can't yet he lauded as not having breakaway speed....he is heads and tails THE best rb in the NFL...... to these dumbass whites and blacks I say try catching him lol
Which is nuts because he is clearly one of the fastest running backs in the league based in numbers as well as explosive runs. Clearly.

Because he is white they will not admit it though.

Warhawk_46

Master
After three weeks, McCaffrey is still leading the league in rushing. I know it is a long season and his work in the passing game means it is unlikely, but imagine him putting up over 1500 yards rushing and vying for the rushing crown the last couple weeks of the season? How exciting that would be!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
After three weeks, McCaffrey is still leading the league in rushing. I know it is a long season and his work in the passing game means it is unlikely, but imagine him putting up over 1500 yards rushing and vying for the rushing crown the last couple weeks of the season? How exciting that would be!

It would be epic. I loved the season he had over 1000 yards both rushing and receiving but I said then and I will repeat myself now. Even
though he made history as 1 of only 3 guys to do what he did my GOAL for him is to have less receiving yards but to lead the NFL in Rushing!

Just like with Doncic last year when he finished 2nd in the scoring title we need our guys to finish first! That is my goal for Cmac!

Warhawk_46

Master
It would be epic. I loved the season he had over 1000 yards both rushing and receiving but I said then and I will repeat myself now. Even
though he made history as 1 of only 3 guys to do what he did my GOAL for him is to have less receiving yards but to lead the NFL in Rushing!

Just like with Doncic last year when he finished 2nd in the scoring title we need our guys to finish first! That is my goal for Cmac!
I think the optic is very important. CMC is clearly the best all-around back and media reports as such. But there is always that knock on him as a “pure running back” that is designed subtly say the white man is versatile but not quite as talented as the real black running backs.

It is designed to reinforce the stereotype of white men not being running backs… yeah he is great but… not the best runner. He is more like a slot receiver (approved white position) playing running back.

Leading the league would spell the absolute end of the media’s yea, but… arguement.

Last edited: