CASTE FOOTBALL UPDATE

Johnny_U

Guru
Can you put the “jump to last page” arrows at the top of threads on mobile? Right now you have to scroll to the bottom to get to that.

ETA: never mind I see the jump to new button

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone ever utilize the "Share This Page" option in the right-hand column? Looking at the options it would be good to add Gab, Telegram, Truth Social and any others not hostile to this site, but if no one uses it then it's probably not worth paying to have done.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I usually just type in the link to the site when I post elsewhere. Wouldn't be a bad idea though to add the above social media sites as options though.

Phall

Master
Does anyone ever utilize the "Share This Page" option in the right-hand column? Looking at the options it would be good to add Gab, Telegram, Truth Social and any others not hostile to this site, but if no one uses it then it's probably not worth paying to have done.

I don't use any of those sites, but I have a positive opinion of them all, so I guess that promotion on each of those places could be valuable. We seem to count new posters individually rather than by the dozen here (if you're considering "price-per-click").

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
So a few hours after my interview with JB Cash on Sunday, I stood up and suddenly my legs became very heavy. Then my left hand and arm became dysfunctional. For the first time in my life I called 911 and took an ambulance to the hospital. I'd suffered a stroke in the right side of my brain, but fortunately not a major one. Over the next few hours my left hand regained some of its ability to grip and hold things, and I don't think I lost any ability to think and speak. Am just quite tired both mentally and physically and have to pace myself as I get back to speed, or as close to back to speed as I can. I love The Masters so this will be a good week to watch all the coverage.

Can't even remember why now but in tenth grade I took a typing class. Turns out I was quite good at it and it has served me very well my entire adult life as typing, lots and lots of it at a fast pace, is what I've done every day for the past 40 years, whether writing, editing, collecting and disseminating information, and lots of other uses.

Right now I'm pretty clumsy and can still type with my left hand but not nearly as fast as before, more of a deliberate style but at least better than hunt and peck. A good sports analogy would be a power pitcher who suddenly loses his fastball. Or for those who have followed baseball for a long time, Steve Blass was a top NL pitcher who came to spring training in 1973 and suddenly couldn't throw the ball over the plate.

Blass never did regain his control, one of those enduring baseball mysteries, but I'm going to do everything I can to get my "fastball" back, though I expect it may take a while. So send some positive thoughts and prayers my way as I intend to keep fighting the good fight for many years.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Don, that is awful. I am sorry to hear that you suffered a stroke but am happy to hear you are on the mend and recovering. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
may God heal you and strengthen you during this challenge, Don. my prayers are with you, sir.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Very sad news to read this, Don. I can guarantee you I have prayed for you and wish the very best for you. Stay positive and stay active within reason and keep us posted on any changes.

icsept

Master
Sobering and scary, for sure. Thoughts and prayers, Don. Enjoy the Masters and I wish you a full recovery.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As soon as I finish typing this message I will be in prayer for you. I will say alot of prayers as will all of us here. The Masters is great. I've never
been too much of a golfer but do enjoy watching it. I hope it helps to cheer you up. I would suggest also watching some old shows or movies that you love. Even stand up comedy might help in the healing. It won't be easy but your stronger than all the DWF's put together. Your like
a Sherman Tank my friend. You will get through this with Gods help and your friends helping to encourage you. One last thing. As far as the comedy goes, for free you can go to tubitv.com and I recommend Jeff Dunham. He never gets old & your stomach will hurt from laughing so much. They have about 5 or 6 of his specials on there for free. Keep us up to date Don. Your family to us here. Take care my good friend.

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don, that's terrible to hear... I'm very happy that it was not a major stroke but still I bet it was scary as hell. I wish you a full revovery, for now take it easy and try and relax as much as you can!

Enjoy some much needed recovery time watching the Masters. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery, Don!

That seems to be happening to a lot of people lately. Could happen to any of us. All the best to you but you'll get through it in good shape. Get rid of anything that gives you any stress.

Flint

Mentor
Don, best wishes and prayers to you my friend. I’m sure you’ll get through this fine as you are one tough SOB!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
So a few hours after my interview with JB Cash on Sunday, I stood up and suddenly my legs became very heavy. Then my left hand and arm became dysfunctional. For the first time in my life I called 911 and took an ambulance to the hospital. I'd suffered a stroke in the right side of my brain, but fortunately not a major one. Over the next few hours my left hand regained some of its ability to grip and hold things, and I don't think I lost any ability to think and speak. Am just quite tired both mentally and physically and have to pace myself as I get back to speed, or as close to back to speed as I can. I love The Masters so this will be a good week to watch all the coverage.

Can't even remember why now but in tenth grade I took a typing class. Turns out I was quite good at it and it has served me very well my entire adult life as typing, lots and lots of it at a fast pace, is what I've done every day for the past 40 years, whether writing, editing, collecting and disseminating information, and lots of other uses.

Right now I'm pretty clumsy and can still type with my left hand but not nearly as fast as before, more of a deliberate style but at least better than hunt and peck. A good sports analogy would be a power pitcher who suddenly loses his fastball. Or for those who have followed baseball for a long time, Steve Blass was a top NL pitcher who came to spring training in 1973 and suddenly couldn't throw the ball over the plate.

Blass never did regain his control, one of those enduring baseball mysteries, but I'm going to do everything I can to get my "fastball" back, though I expect it may take a while. So send some positive thoughts and prayers my way as I intend to keep fighting the good fight for many years.
Get well soon and get back into the fight!

TheVoice

Don, best wishes and prayers to you my friend. I’m sure you’ll get through this fine as you are one tough SOB!
I'd like to extend my own prayers and thoughts to Don as he battles back from his health situation, someone sent me a message right before my show started last night. Don, myself, and all the boys here have you in out hearts and prayers. Keep fighting my friend, and if there may be anything I can do for you please feel very free to reach out to me at any time. -Patrick Ryan (307) 920-0040

white is right

Hall of Famer

It pays to read all threads, God's speed in your recovery!

Nothing is minor but this sounds like the best case scenario for a stroke.