Ben Roethlisberger

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't checked all the training camp rosters but it seems like just about every team has a black QB as a backup or competing for a backup spot.This is the "backdoor" method of blackening the position that we've discussed before, which the CFL has successfully implemented. It won't be long before every team will have to have a black QB, just as they all now have a disproportionate number of black assistant coaches and reporters/broadcasters covering the team. A team that remains all-white at quarterback will soon start hearing the insinuations of "racism."

When you see how entrenched these trends are becoming,i.e. theblackening of the NFL at quarterback, coaching, and the media through quotas and affirmative action, it's easy to see just how tough a nut to crack the Caste System will be in football, and why in a few weeks we can expect another disheartening round of ethnic cleansing of many of the few whites "allowed" to compete at the taboo positions. Edited by: Don Wassall

GWTJ

Mentor
The media is all over Big Ben today. Instead of just saying that the Colts and Manning got lucky in beating the Steelers, which they did. All the focus has been on Ben and his interceptions. His intercepton towards the end of the 1st half allowed the Colts to go in to halftime only down 3 points. But it wasn't the QB who called that risky pass play.

The media can smell Big Ben's hide and are going for it with a vengeance. Especially ESPN.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That'sBen's "reward" for being a real warrior and playing hurt instead of hanging out on the sideline in sweats and collecting a paycheck. A lot of the gathering anti-Ben sentiment is there only because his backup is Byron Leftwich, who played well in one half of one game, when the Steelers' crappy o-linemen miraculously began blocking at a competent level.

Troy Aikman made the very needed observation yesterday than when you throw the ball down the field you're going to have turnovers. Is it better to have a pocket quarterback who isn't afraid to try and get big chunks of yardage in a hurry, or an "athlete" who only throws dink passes but has fewer picks?The many college games that feature two black quarterbacks are often low-scoring, boring affairs.Few NFL offenses that start black QBs have good offenses. The mania aboutinterceptions is about the only way the media still has to jab away at the white domination of the position.

Interceptions are the fault of the receiver (bad hands, deflected ball, wrong route) at least as much as the QB but the QB gets all the blame.

I watched a lot of the Indy-Pitt game yesterday and the worst player on the field was Marvin Harrison. He dropped two passes that were sure touchdowns and had one other crucial drop. He's an over-the-hill, alligator-armed pussy. The Colts should have won going away as Peyton Manningshouldhave had 5 passing TDs instead of 3. Harrison was awful, but even if the Colts had lost one can be sure that he would be immune from criticism.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
They need to develop an official stat that will put the INT on the receiver if they bobble it or drop it, sort of like the Error in baseball. The QB shouldn't be blamed for an INT or dropped pass if his alligator-armed receiver drops the ball or pops it into the hands of the defender.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
They need to develop an official stat that will put the INT on the receiver if they bobble it or drop it, sort of like the Error in baseball. The QB shouldn't be blamed for an INT or dropped pass if his alligator-armed receiver drops the ball or pops it into the hands of the defender.

I was thinking that myself, but given that quarterback has taken on mythical powers in the mass consciousness second only to that of the President, I doubt it's going to happen. Unless of course most of the quarterbacks were black and most of the receivers white.

More seriously, it's tough to know if the receiver ran the wrong route or the QB threw it to the wrong place. It would entail talking to the principals involved after the game to officially assign blame and even then it might be difficult to get straight answers. My guess from watching games is that the receiver is the one in the wrong most of the time. Just notice how many times when the pocket is broken up and the quarterback is scrambling, the receivers continue merrily on their routes and/or make no attempt to come back to the QB. Getting open isn't thearcane art formit's made out to be, just as NFL defenses hardly require scholars to comprehend. Edited by: Don Wassall

bigunreal

Mentor
Don,

I think you're right about the receivers being to blame more often than the QB. On a similar note, I think the plethora of blacks everywhere on the field, except QB, is the primary reason you see so many false starts, delay of games and forced timeouts to avoid delay of games. I think it's just a simple matter of many of them not being able to remember what they're supposed to do.

This is especially obvious when a QB is trying to call an audible at the line. In the San Diego-Kansas City game, I saw Philip Rivers vainly try to exploit what he saw was a clear mismatch, but his black skill players simply couldn't get it and he was forced to call two timeouts because of it. On the second one, you could see him frantically yelling and gesturing at Antonio Gates, who stopped in mid-motion and kind of shrugged. The way it looked to a casual fan (drunk white or not) is that Rivers was indecisive and taking too much time.

Btw, I hope Big Ben doesn't struggle in the next game, or you might see John Riggins' ridiculous prediction of a QB "controversy" come to be. Remember, Mike Tomlin is the coach.Edited by: bigunreal

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
It's pretty obvious that Big Ben's shoulder injury bothers him more than he lets on, and his other nagging injuries due to poor protection from a nearly all-black, skill-challenged OL, continue to mount.

Is there one man on this board who would like to QB the Steelers right now with loser Max Starks protecting his backside?

If Ben tried to make excuses due to his injuries, people would say he is a whiner, and complain about his huge contract. So, being the consummate professional and gritty competitior that he is, he keeps soldiering on through the long NFL season.

For all those bandwagon fans out there who longingly call for Leftwich to QB the team, I say give any opposing team a week to prepare for his sundial-slow windup and his nonexistent mobility, and then see what happens. Nobody else wanted him to start in the league because he proved over a few years that he sucks.

Somehow Big Ben got the team through a postseason and a Super Bowl victory a couple years ago with a bum thumb on his throwing hand that wouldn't allow him to grip the ball properly. It's a shame that so many drunk white fans have such short memories.

Hang in there, Ben!Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Big Ben continued to hang in there all season trying to make things happen and help his team to victory every week, but it finally caught up to him today.

Let's hope he can make a quick recovery from his concussion and lead the Steelers to victory in the postseason.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Big Ben claims he played with two broken ribs in the Super Bowl; the Steelers say he didn't. He also said he broke two toes during the team's '05 playoff run; Bill Cowhercontentiously denied that was the case. Strange. . .

Steelers deny knowledge of QB injury

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3894263

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Don,

Regardless of what the team says, it was pretty obvious that Big Ben sustained some type of injury to his lower back/rib cage area in the Ravens game from the cheap shot that Haruki Nakamura put on him. When the camera caught him in the tunnel area with the trainers/doctors, you could see for a few seconds that he was in tremendous pain.

It is weird how Ben has been accused of exaggerating injuries by the team. My guess is that the team is not reporting the extent of some of his injuries, and Ben is so tough he just plays through the pain and leads the team to wins.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Some Steelers players consider Ben a "prima donna" and hypochondriac when he is the toughest player on the team. He came back too quickly from a bad motorcycle accident and has played right after concussions and an appendectomy. I can't think of another player in the league where there is discrepancy like this between what he says his injuries are and what the team says they are. Usually it's the other way around, with the player downplaying how hurt he is and the coach saying how much pain he's playing through.

LabMan

Mentor
Last night on a Pittsburgh sports show Ben was sacrificed,Don Wassall will understand about how bad it was when he hears that Ron Cook was one of the miscreants.Word got out that Ben played in "the big game"with two cracked ribs,the phrase "drama queen"was mentioned at least four times.

The double standard was again in effect because,in my mind,things were said about Ben,by call in DWF's,and the moderators,that would not have been said about a black QB.Cook was slyly evasive with his statements saying at one point,"Ben has talked a lot about his injuries,but as long as he keeps winning super bowls,it's o.k."!,let that sink in to those reading this post!

We all know that without Ben the team"would have gone nowhere",and in the end he was insulted by losing out as MVP of the super bowl to the man with the "rap sheet",Santonio Holmes.Many of my Drunk White Friends have gushed about Holmes great catch at the end of the game,only to be quieted by my response of,"who threw the pass"?,glazed over eyes toward me were in full effect!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If it had been McNabb throwing to Curtis, guess who the MVP would have been? McNabb would be the toast of the football world; instead Big Ben has to be put through the "drama queen" crap again.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah I saw that, I hope it isn't true. I think it may be someone looking for attention. If it is true, Ben will be crucified and driven out of the league, and be compared to gangbangers like Pacman Jones, Chris Henry, T.O., and all of the other affletes out there who constantly get into trouble.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
This is a civil suit, not a criminal complaint, as none was filed when it allegedly happened. Roethlisberger's attorneys are strongly denying that anything happened in the news report I just saw.

Sounds like B.S., and I hope it is, but whether it is true or not he'll always have his name associated with the word "rape." It's a shame. He's probably my favorite players to top it out.

NorCal831

so much for the ben being crucified, have barely heard a peep about this on sportscenter or espn.com.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Big Ben pretty much flew under the radar but he had a great season. He shattered the Steelers passing yardage mark with 4,328, and threw 26 touchdown passes to just 12 interceptions and had a QB rating of 100.5. And he did it behind what was once again a very porous line that couldn't protect him. Give this guy a good offensive line and think how good he would be.

Roethlisberger's also tough as nails, someone who would have fit in well at any time in the league's past. Yesterday he played the end of the game with his right arm hanging immobile at his side after suffering an injury following a sack and then attempting to recover the ball, but still was throwing accurate passes as the Steelers held off the Dolphins to maintain a slight chance at the playoffs. He's a warrior and a great player and the team would be in shambles with the likes of Charlie Batch or Dennis Dixon playing quarterback. And believe it or not there are still some DWFs in Pittsburgh -- the ones whose lives revolve around the team year-round -- blamingBig Benfor the team's troubles.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
Big Ben pretty much flew under the radar but he had a great season.  He shattered the Steelers passing yardage mark with 4,328, and threw 26 touchdown passes to just 12 interceptions and had a QB rating of 100.5.  And he did it behind what was once again a very porous line that couldn't protect him.  Give this guy a good offensive line and think how good he would be. 
<div> </div>
<div>Roethlisberger's also tough as nails, someone who would have fit in well at any time in the league's past.  Yesterday he played the end of the game with his right arm hanging immobile at his side after suffering an injury following a sack and then attempting to recover the ball, but still was throwing accurate passes as the Steelers held off the Dolphins to maintain a slight chance at the playoffs.  He's a warrior and a great player and the team would be in shambles with the likes of Charlie Batch or Dennis Dixon playing quarterback.  And believe it or not there are still some DWFs in Pittsburgh -- the ones whose lives revolve around the team year-round -- blaming Big Ben for the team's troubles.  </div>

I have run into idiots like that with the Bears over the years. Sometimes I think they wouldn't be satisfied unless the whole team was comprised of soopa affletes whom them could fawn over. Something that surely has to be said for very bad cases of White guilt. I have personally known a few myself who lived in the burbs, were afraid of the "diverse" parts of the city, wouldn't dare dream of making eye contact with the kind of thugs they worship if they encountered a no name one on the L, but oh how they love to worship them on Sundays. Watching them try to defend Kordell Stewart's play was downright funny at times.

qj

Guru
Big Ben had yet another fabulous season. The Steelers would be in the playoffs right now if his receivers were able to catch easy passes at crucial times. They lost at least 2 games because of key dropped passes for TD's.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Big Ben pretty much flew under the radar but he had a great season. He shattered the Steelers passing yardage mark with 4,328, and threw 26 touchdown passes to just 12 interceptions and had a QB rating of 100.5. And he did it behind what was once again a very porous line that couldn't protect him. Give this guy a good offensive line and think how good he would be.

This year Big Ben has been the Rodney Dangerfield of football - he don't get no respect.

He should have had his name mentioned as a possible MVP. Without him the Steelers are total garbage.He also doesn't have the luxury as do other high profile QB's of playing in cushy domes and pleasant climates that are amenable to the passing game.

What is really sickening is Vince Young had more MVP hype than Ben.
smiley6.gif