Another ESPN jerk

icsept

Master
Lots of layoffs as BSPN today - Suzy Kolber, Jalen Rose, Jeff Van Gundy, Max Kellerman (oy vey!), Keyshawn Johnson so far.
Looks like a salary dump. I have no confidence that ESPN will hire anything but unqualified minorities to fill all of these spots.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Looks like a salary dump. I have no confidence that ESPN will hire anything but unqualified minorities to fill all of these spots.

Cultural Marxism to help push the Communist Agenda forward. Only whites need DIEversity. This makes me so angry!

NikoDuke

Mentor
Such great news. This is another sign that the old kings of media won't be the kings any longer. Truth is TV and ESPN, CNN, FOX have a major demographics issue and will need to cut costs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Such great news. This is another sign that the old kings of media won't be the kings any longer. Truth is TV and ESPN, CNN, FOX have a major demographics issue and will need to cut costs.

I would love to see many of them go away forever with their WOKE Agenda. Unbiased news what a joke. We haven't see that in decades.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
While all this was going on, Pat McAfee was signed to a new $85 million deal. Mark Madden was saying on his radio show today that McAfee is now one of the three top dogs at ESPN. I never watch or listen to ESPN, but of course assume McAfee's politics are left wing given the network. Anyone familiar with him and his content?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
While all this was going on, Pat McAfee was signed to a new $85 million deal. Mark Madden was saying on his radio show today that McAfee is now one of the three top dogs at ESPN. I never watch or listen to ESPN, but of course assume McAfee's politics are left wing given the network. Anyone familiar with him and his content?
McCafee is just a big loud personality. Politics probably lean left but I don’t follow him close enough to be certain. They brought McAfee in because he essentially built a brand on his own and grew a fan base. BSPN probably brought him in believing his fan base will follow - probably under the guise of getting more subscribers to streaming content.

@Don Wassall you should take a victory lap as CF has outlasted Todd McGay’s career at BSPN!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
McCafee is just a big loud personality. Politics probably lean left but I don’t follow him close enough to be certain. They brought McAfee in because he essentially built a brand on his own and grew a fan base. BSPN probably brought him in believing his fan base will follow - probably under the guise of getting more subscribers to streaming content.

[B]@Don Wassall you should take a victory lap as CF has outlasted Todd McGay’s career at BSPN![/B]
Ha ha! Look out Mel Kiper, I have my sights on you now!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
No doubt, but of these 5 big names 2 are blacks and 2 are members of the tribe. Friendly fire. The long term victory will be when ESPN totally collapses some day and ceases to exist.

booth

Mentor
Neil Everitt and David Pollack were let go. ESPN is getting some pushback on the Pollack firing. He was one of the Game Day best hosts they had. I agree it was a salary dump to cover McCafee's and Steven A. Smith's inflated salaries. Disney is raising the price of ESPN+ IN August to 9.99 a month.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Maybe partially a salary dump but, it still reenforces the image that sports media is struggling. And the fact is that it is.

Also, been thinking of just how many fools have been on ESPN in my lifetime. Specifically, Kellerman, Cowherd, Jemele Hill and a lot more.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Maybe partially a salary dump but, it still reenforces the image that sports media is struggling. And the fact is that it is.

Also, been thinking of just how many fools have been on ESPN in my lifetime. Specifically, Kellerman, Cowherd, Jemele Hill and a lot more.

Well said. It was a salary dump, reduction in headcount because of financial issues BSPN and it’s parent company Disney are currently experiencing. BSPN has been having issues for the past few years, this isn’t the first round of layoffs (other layoffs have been mentioned here) over the past few years since they really went in with the “woke” agenda.

I was at a friend’s house last night and he had ESPN on - they were discussing nba free agency and the Mets currentl struggles. The AA black woman anchor talking about the Mets and Buck Showslter was downright awful. She also didn’t seem to know what she was talking about and from my 30 second impression of her had a very topical understanding of baseball.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN is going to pay someone called Mina Kimes (who is half Korean so she also ticks the "people of color" box) $2 million a year to break down NFL film. So she's now one of that network's leading football analysts.

Over at the NFL Network, someone named Cynthia Freelund is treated like royalty when it comes to fantasy football. She puts together "projections" every week, down to the exact yardage -- "I'm projecting Austin Ekeler for 73 yards rushing and 42 more receiving with two touchdowns on Sunday" is a typical Freelund prediction as the others ooh and ahh at her brilliance.

Just about every show concerning the NFL now has a female host who of course is in charge of the male analysts on the show and they all seem to have aggressive personalities and a know-it-all attitude. A typical group of four on-air personalities on ESPN and NFL Network football shows usually has a single White man at best. As with everything else aired by corporate media these types of shows have become unwatchable.

icsept

Master
ESPN is going to pay someone called Mina Kimes (who is half Korean so she also ticks the "people of color" box) $2 million a year to break down NFL film. So she's now one of that network's leading football analysts.

Over at the NFL Network, someone named Cynthia Freelund is treated like royalty when it comes to fantasy football. She puts together "projections" every week, down to the exact yardage -- "I'm projecting Austin Ekeler for 73 yards rushing and 42 more receiving with two touchdowns on Sunday" is a typical Freelund prediction as the others ooh and ahh at her brilliance.

Just about every show concerning the NFL now has a female host who of course is in charge of the male analysts on the show and they all seem to have aggressive personalities and a know-it-all attitude. A typical group of four on-air personalities on ESPN and NFL Network football shows usually has a single White man at best. As with everything else aired by corporate media these types of shows have become unwatchable.

Is there anyone in the world that wakes up and turns on ESPN to find out what Mona Kimes thinks about football? A sportscaster either needs expertise, charisma, or both. Kimes’ only qualification is being a boring asian female.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Unfortunately, this is typical outside the USA. Soccer in the UK, France, hockey in Canada all have had employed that template for quite a while. Usually, 1, often 2, females giving us their expert opinions. Most are insufferable..

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Unfortunately, this is typical outside the USA. Soccer in the UK, France, hockey in Canada all have had employed that template for quite a while. Usually, 1, often 2, females giving us their expert opinions. Most are insufferable..
That’s why it’s best not to watch sportscasters in general. They are all awful and it’s only trending lower . ((They)) are often diverse for the sake of it and just terrible at analyzing anything.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Lol clown world. I noticed this trend of empty headed bimbos getting handed sportscasting jobs when I was in HS.. Another way to ice out white men, you know the brothas will still get their dibs.

El Gringo

Mentor
Thanks aren’t looking great for ESPN!

wile

Master
Yeah that article is a must read IMO at least skim it to gather that the golden goose might be cooked as for the cash flow into the sports industrial complex. I'm not so much against the players cashing out but lordy I would love to see those billion dollar plus purchases of sports franchises turn to crap.

El Gringo

Mentor
Lol clown world. I noticed this trend of empty headed bimbos getting handed sportscasting jobs when I was in HS.. Another way to ice out white men, you know the brothas will still get their dibs.

I wonder when Espn is going to hire their first Tranny? You got to know it’s been discussed and pressure is being applied to do it.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Yeah that article is a must read IMO at least skim it to gather that the golden goose might be cooked as for the cash flow into the sports industrial complex. I'm not so much against the players cashing out but lordy I would love to see those billion dollar plus purchases of sports franchises turn to crap.
Sadly, they won't. They will go the route of Euro clubs which has declining local support and interest but, makes more $ from corporations and global fans..