Alexander Ustinov

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Kokoulin is a stay-busy fight for Ustinov. Hopefully they'll put him in with a better opponent before the end of the year, maybe on the Chambers-Wlad undercard.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Blue Devils said:
Boxrec has Ustinov facing Andrey Kokoulin who has a 5-5(4). A big step down from Michael Sprott.

Boxrec now has Ustinov facing Talgat Dosanov 13-11-1(6).

Blue Devils

Mentor
Blue Devils said:
Blue Devils said:
Boxrec has Ustinov facing Andrey Kokoulin who has a 5-5(4). A big step down from Michael Sprott.

Boxrec now has Ustinov facing Talgat Dosanov 13-11-1(6).

From Fightnews

WBA #13-ranked heavyweight Alexander Ustinov (17-0, 14 KOs) continued his winning streak with a one-sided beatdown of Kazakh national champion Talgat Dosanov (13-12-1, 6 KOs). Dosanov was down three times in the second stanza, and the bout was stopped in round four after more punishment, dealt by the rapidly rising Russian banger.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Ustinov is ready for a bigger challenge now. I'd like to see him in with someone like Lamon Brewster or Sam Peter.

Blue Devils

Mentor
According to Tom Loeffler, managing director of K2 Promotions, Ustinov will face Cedric Boswell 30-1(24) on the Klitschko-vs-Arreola undercard.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Well the fight is on the undercard of the Klitschko fight which will be shown on HBO. They will probably not show any of the undercards though.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
According to Tom Loeffler, managing director of K2 Promotions, Ustinov will face Cedric Boswell 30-1(24) on the Klitschko-vs-Arreola undercard.

Other fighters have been avoiding Cedric Boswell since he KOed Roman Greenberg.

This is a serious test for Ustinov, Boswell is a good fighter.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Ustinov-vs-Boswell is off because Ustinov couldn't get a visa to enter the country. K2 promotions may reschedule the fight.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Blue Devils said:
Ustinov will face Monte Barrett on the Klitschko-Johnson undercard in December.
Ustinov improved to 19-0(15) with a twelve round unanimous decision over Monte Barrett 34-9(20).

Blue Devils

Mentor
I found a fair, objective article on Ustinov. Near the bottom it says Vitali was a 40-1 underdog against Herbie Hide
smiley3.gif
I would have loved to get in on those odds
smiley36.gif

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=22489&more=1Edited by: Blue Devils

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews

K2 Promotions Ukraine is planning a July 26 show in Kiev headlined by unbeaten EBA (European Boxing Association) heavyweight champion Alexander Ustinov (20-0, 16 KOs) against former Euro champ Paolo Vidoz (26-8, 15 KOs).

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
From Fightnews:

Unbeaten WBA #5 rated
heavyweight Alexander Ustinov (21-0, 16 KOs methodically pounded out a
twelve round unanimous decision over veteran Paolo Vidoz (26-9, 15 KOs)
on Saturday night at the Sportpalace in Odessa, Ukraine. Scores were
115-113, 119-109, 120-108.

â€"â€"

WBA #9 welterweight Viktor Plotnikov (24-1, 12 KOs) retained his WBA
belt by tenth round TKO over Christian Bladt (35-11-2, 11 KOs).</font></font>

Blue Devils

Mentor
Ustinov will face Turkish Journeyman Oezcan Cetinkaya 18-7-1(12) on the Klitschko-Briggs undercard this Saturday.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Ustinov is huge but he is too slow to be a heavyweight champion. He fights at around 300lbs and he needs to get in better shape(270lb range) before he is even competitive against the Klitschko brothers. Monte Barrett is his best win and that's a nice W to have on your record.

whiteathlete33 said:
Ustinov is huge but he is too slow to be a heavyweight champion.  He fights at around 300lbs and he needs to get in better shape(270lb range) before he is even competitive against the Klitschko brothers.  Monte Barrett is his best win and that's a nice W to have on your record.
The Barrett win looks a lot better after Barrett's last fight with Tua..

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
lost said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Ustinov is huge but he is too slow to be a heavyweight champion. He fights at around 300lbs and he needs to get in better shape(270lb range) before he is even competitive against the Klitschko brothers. Monte Barrett is his best win and that's a nice W to have on your record.

Good point, lost. Ustinov is significantly overweight right now. I think he could even beat Haye but at his current size he would be too slow. If he gets into better shape he's a top 10 fighter in my opinion. He's as strong as an ox though and it's next to impossible to knock him out.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Am I the only one who, when seeing this thread, momentarily thinks about "Soldat Ustinov" Jim Lanning?
smiley36.gif

Ustinov.jpg

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
Ustinov will face Turkish Journeyman Oezcan Cetinkaya 18-7-1(12) on the Klitschko-Briggs undercard this Saturday.

That's a poor opponent for Ustinov at this point.

Glazkov fought Cetinkaya in his first pro fight.

Last edited:

Blue Devils

Mentor
Blue Devils said:
From Fightnews

Unbeaten heavyweight Alexander Ustinov (22-0, 17 KOs) easily stopped Oezcan Cetinkaya (18-8-1, 12 KOs) in two rounds. Ustinov scored three knockdowns in round one and two more in round two before the bout was stopped.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see Alexander step up his level of competition. He did fight Michael Sprott and Monte Barret who are credible opponents. In between he's been fighting lower end opposition and I'd like to see him in the ring with Sam Peter or Odlanier Solis. Those would be good fights.

Blue Devils

Mentor
lost said:
That's a good point. DWFs went after Ustinov after that win. They seem to think Ustinov will get knocked out once he faces a top guy
smiley36.gif
That's easier said than done. Ustinov's a big ol' boy at 6'7" 300lb. To my knowledge he's never been down in Kickboxing or Boxing.